Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

where can you find this series "heroic legend of the yang family & the great general" in original cantonese audio language release on VCDs or DVDs?

Originally posted by cherrie
    they are not allowing me to download

Well , I have this song , I can send to u at streamload

Default hey pookagege

hey pookagege! can you please send me that song from kenny lin? do you have the other themesongs for the yang family or the great general? if you do please send it to me! thank you very much! my streamload ID is van1234

once again thanks!

Originally posted by Thai guy
    I like this series very much. This is the first series that I heard of Mu Gui Ying. Since then, I started admiring Mu Gui Ying. I cannot remember the actress who played Mu Gui Ying. I completely forgot her name.
    Originally posted by pookagege
    As for the actress who played Mu Gui Ying , I didn't see her again in other serie but I think she shown the expression and emotion of Mu Gui Ying quiet good.
    The actress' name is Mak Lai Hung. She also played in:

1. Swordsman (w/ Damian Lau)
    2. Coincidentally (w/ Frankie Lam & Annie Man)
    3. Reincarnated 2
    4. A series about heroes with a Magic Crane...can't recall the title.

She was awesome and very impressive playing different characters in all those series mentioned above (esp. in Coincidentally). Eventhough her looks is not very appealing, however, there's a certain charm that really stunned me...
    Her acting is grand.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

yea, she is Mok Lai Hung. I think she is one of the best Mok Guai Ying's ever. Her acting is really good. Too bad I don't see her in anymore series. Does anyone know what she is doing now? thanks!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

yeah agree! that actress is one of the best among atv stars! where's she nowadays?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I'd also like to know what she's been up to, anyone knows any other series she's in? Care to see her acting again.

Ahh!!! finally know their name --> actor who played as Yang Mun Kwong name is Lee Yuen Kei and actress who played as Wei Ling Er name is Wong Yim Nah.

I love this couple. They had a great chemistry on screen together, very cute

Anyone know anything about them? I want to know what they are doing now, still acting or not ?

By the way, in the Heroine of the Yang, why they need to use the girl actress to play the role of Yang Mun Kong. It does not make sense at all. It is unlike the Justice Bao one that the male was used to play this role.

Originally posted by Trinie
    yea, she is Mok Lai Hung. I think she is one of the best Mok Guai Ying's ever. Her acting is really good. Too bad I don't see her in anymore series. Does anyone know what she is doing now? thanks!

she acted in atv's 'my date with the vampire I' as the snake spirit who opened a bar.

its "mythical crane, magic needle"-

i agree, i absolutely love her as moc que anh, she's a great actress, her role in "coincidentally" was very verry funny. its too bad we don't see her around anymore.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Thumbs up YAYAY!

oh man, The Great General is the first and only ancient series that captured my heart indifferently . I mean, the casts werent really good looking (except for Yong Man Kwong and his wife - who died early in episode!) and the main character - the general, Yong Zhong Po and Dik Cheng - were rather old......but man, did it really caught my attention. My family didnt miss any of the episodes at all...we stayed till the end...which is very rarely that my dad would sit and actually WATCH ancient chinese series. it had great martial art and good plot. I first knew about Muk Kwaiying in this series, i admire her so much...then when Heroine of The Yang came out, man how she stole my heart with her wit and all - even the actress was different but the character is still as strong and witty as ever! its ironic how KwaiYing always had to rescue her husband from being beheaded by the emperor either in The Great General or Heroine of The Yangs. However, in The Great General, Yong Zhong Po's kung fu was far much greater than KwaiYing's, while it was the opposite with Heroine of The Yangs. Zhong Po was actually beaten up real bad by her ooowww...! i named my email as kwaiying and my yahoo! id as thegreatgeneral...and that was more than four years ago.....lolz...both character and the series really left marks in me. i've been searching for the name of the actress who played Muk Kwai Ying in The GReat General for so long, a pity there was so few info about the series in the net. imagine, only after five years did i finally knew it... it was MAK LAI HUNG! hurray !!! got her! great portrayal of Muk Kwai Ying, and Amy, well, cant leave her out too....she had always been a good actress (i saw her in The Good Old Days - very convincing) but i never thought she would do a kungfu series! at first i didnt like Amy because of her super soft gentle character in TGOD, but Heroine changed it all...Million Thumbs up to both of the actress who played the role too damned well that it captured us all........
    man.....I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH WHOEVER PLAYS MUK KWAIYING>>>>basiccally coz i LOVE MUK KWAI YING!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-11-04 at 03:21 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

You should watch Heroic Legend of the Yang's Family too, the story of Yong Man Kwong and his wife are more detailed, and as for Mak Lai Hung...hmmm, she's an actress who doesn't need to have 'the looks' cause she'll just capture you with her acting. She's SUPERB as Mu Gui Ying as well as the other roles she has potrayed.

Yeah!! Yang Man Kwong and Wei Ling Er (his wife) are very cute cute cute couple I like their love story and Liao princess customes are very beautiful, especially the pink one which Ling Er wear when everyone know her identity OH! also love her hairstyle, it made her look younger.

anyone care to tell me which one to download from the link creidesca gave? i dont read chinese so i dont know which one to download.

and you guys are saying that it is the subtheme, what about the opening themesong? I totally love the opening, it has spirit and energy like Tian Di Zai Wo Xin Zhong in She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan 2003....but it comes second to TDZWXZ though, i still think Tian Di is the best themesong ancient kungfu series ever had!

anyways, back to The GreatGeneral's themesong, anyone can help me out with it?

belki, you're right, i should watch Heroic Legend of Yang Family, but none of the TV stations aired it in Malaysia, and i dont think they ever will considering how old it is alredy. And i couldnt find the vcd coz maybe its too old
    did it had as much of KwaiYing as in TheGreatGeneral? and I thought in TGG they call Man Kwong's wife as Leng Yi, how did she become Ling Er?

Actually, the one that hooked me to the sofa to watch TGG was actually Leng Yi. I remembered the scene when these Yang women were decorating their house. Leng Yi was standing on a chair, hanging a cloth(curtain, maybe?) on the doorframe. She must have tripped somehow and went off balance. Everyone were practically shocked :and stunned seeing her falling, but the next thing i knew, she was standing perfectly uninjured on the ground. She had rescued herself with her kung fu and i was like, 'damn this is good, and that girl is supposed to be pregnant like, eight months already!'
    i continued watching and then learnt of KwaiYing and immediately fell in love with her....ahhhh....those moments, not to mention Joey Meng was rather good too....oh, i wish i can watch TGG again!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-05-04 at 05:44 AM.

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    and I thought in TGG they call Man Kwong's wife as Leng Yi, how did she become Ling Er?
    Hmm!! but I heard everyone in serie call her as Ling Er and also many people heard that too. I'm sure that Ling Er is correct

Anyway!! hey hey ... in heroic legend of the yang's family, Kwai Ying was one of major roles, pretty much. I think you won't disappoint about this.

About Ling Er's charecter, she is a young girl who was a Liao little princess (her mother is a black witch princess who was raped by the Sung emperor 18 years ago while she practiced her martial art by soak her body in the pool and got pregnant with him). Ling Er is michievous, playful that made everyone like her (Kwai Ying even wanted her to be a daughter-in-law while she still disguise as a servant) but later her background was revealed that her father is Sung emperor, her mother took her back because Ling Er was bombed her face by bad people who stay with the emperor send her a gift (but the emperor now had already accepted they both...he just didn't know about this bad plan) she later had serious scar (and disappear very soon ) ... Oh! boy... it was the time when Ling Er and Man Kwong nearly getting marry......they met again in Liao region ....it quite sad when they met together ...... but had a happy ending (only in part1 ... you already know that she died in the second episode of Part 2)
    Last edited by pookagege; 02-05-04 at 01:08 PM.

Unhappy

i dont really care whether she was called leng yi or ling er, both sounds quite fine with me......and your portrayal of this girl is rather......appealing ....I WANNA WATCH PART I, WAAAARRGHHHH

I watched this series 'cause I happened to see the picture at my rental store (7/8 years ago) and I thought "hmmm...it has got Judge Bao and The Yang's, should be interesting"...I was right.

However, the one who really captured my attention was Mok Guai Ying, I really loved how she's all so brave but can be totally emotional in a quite 'restrain' way and yet with her wit and cleverness can have her ways to reveal things without being too obvious (even the emperor was outsmarted by her)...she's also righteous in a coherent way. And Mak Lai Hung brilliantly depicted this character in such a convincing way that made me perceive 'she is actually Mok Gui Ying.'

Mak Lai Hung brilliantly depicted this character in such a convincing way that made me perceive 'she is actually Mok Gui Ying.'
    you're rite, she might not have the looks but she definitely got the talent alrite. i watched the series in 1997 and she captured my heart all the way with her acting...she was great....in fact she was the first actress that had no name(at least to me) and much less beauty(compared to other actresses of course, never meant as an insult) that ever got me enchanted. i started craving over KwaiYing because of her, and continued to love and craze the historical character with Amy. oh, I totally love EPICS!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-05-04 at 01:57 PM.

Same as me. Start from seeing Mak Lai Hung and then Amy, I have been crazy with "Mu Guiying". I even wish that one day I will be able to find a girl like her to be my wife.