Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

wow..interesting stuff

o yea..welcome aisa_etinu i'm sure u'll enjoy ur stay here..i kno i have
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

oh boy oh boy, this is so much fun!!!

yang family and muk kwai ying really existed! man, im so happy that i hasnt been drooling over fiction character!!! aarrghhh, so happy..so happy!!!

now where can i get my hands on books that actually mentions about them?? battle warriors have always intrigue me......man, women in battles intrigues me even more!

any more inputs about them, pookagege??
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I read the book in Thai language ... Hmm I never saw it in English language before ... sorry I couldn't help u much

but my friend has got another book of the Yang's family (Thai language) I will get from her after I finish the school's examination ... 2 weeks ... I think u can wait untill that ... and I will come to tell u guys (Akkk.....I'm now so lazy lazy lazy .. ha ha bad girl ...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

The Yang family generals were definitely real people in Chinese history; I looked on Google out of curiousity and found some sites, if anyone's interested. There's also a pretty famous novel called the Yang Family Generals; I personally haven't read it, but I know my parents have.

About Mu Gui Ying

about women warriors, includes Mu Gui Ying

hometown of the Yang Generals

I love this show even though I have't seen it all, and I'm dying to see it again; ack I'm gonna have to wait a while to get my hands on it, but I'm so glad it's still around!!!

Thanks for the sites aisa_etinu, and welcome here...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Unhappy

Is this serial available for purchase on Mandarin or Cantonese vcd? I can't find it on Yesasia. After reading all the good reviews on it, I really want to watch it!

Yeah, Melanie, I know what you mean! I was going crazy looking around to see where I could buy it, and I finally found it on YesAsia, even though I swore it wasn't there earlier. I found it when I searched with these keywords: "Bi Xie Qing Tian Yang Jia Jiang". Just do a general Asian Products search and it should come up. Apparently there's only Mandarin audio.

If anyone gets this, please let me know how the quality is! I've yet to order it, sigh.

I am glad to see more people talk about this series. It is really good. MY friend has this series in Cantonese!! I know she does because I was watching it at her house in Cantonese on VCD. She bought hers at a store in LA. I am not sure if it is a legitimate copy or not though. It could have been pirated...

Thanks for the info Pookegege! I am glad that TVB and ATV were close to the story. My mom has read the book about the yang family before. She says that she hates it when they change the story. Like in the 85 version, they made the Liao Princess die which is not true. Since they did say that she had a son who unknowingly killed his own uncle in battle. Was the part about him killing his uncle true?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Originally posted by aisa_etinu
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

The Yang family generals were definitely real people in Chinese history; I looked on Google out of curiousity and found some sites, if anyone's interested. There's also a pretty famous novel called the Yang Family Generals; I personally haven't read it, but I know my parents have.

About Mu Gui Ying

about women warriors, includes Mu Gui Ying

hometown of the Yang Generals

I love this show even though I have't seen it all, and I'm dying to see it again; ack I'm gonna have to wait a while to get my hands on it, but I'm so glad it's still around!!!

thank you so much, aisa~!
    *holds aisa_etinu's face by the cheek and kisses her hard* thank you so much!!! i love this!

eh, how come i never get these websites? ive been searching for ages for Yang Family and Muk Kwaiying!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I only have a copy of Heroic Legend in Cantonese, I had to tape it twice (in 2 languages) from Laser Discs back when I watched it, cause it had no subs but had an Indonesian audio available. The store where I rented this serie still has the Laser Discs version (with multilingual, Cantonese -- Mandarin -- Indonesian) but unfortunately my LD player is jammed, so out of date. I'm still searching for the Great General.

does anyone know where I can find the cantonese audio version of atv's version 'the heroic legend of the yang family',?

I was unable to find the original cantonese version but only found the dubbed-mandarin audio version & dubbed-vietnamese audio version.

I don't know why there is NOT an ORIGINAL CANTONESE AUDIO VERSION available release on vcds while there are other dubbed asian language version.

To earth4477, Where do you live? If you live in LA than you may be able to find it. That was where my friend bought it. But I am just not sure if it is a legitimate copy or not. It was a professionally done pirated copy with a nice box and everything. But I am sure it exists since I was watching it in Cantonese when I visited her.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie! Could you give me the name and address of the store in LA? I would like to go there and buy those vcd's. BTW, how much did your friend pay?

waarrrgghhh...how come no one is from around malaysia??? i want to buy cds too!!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

To Melanie, I don't know the address so I have to ask my friend. I also don't know how much she paid or whether it is still available or not. She bought it a long time ago..... Do you live in LA?? If you do, you can just go to the Chinatown there and check in all of the stores that sell music, VCDs and DVDs. If it still available, than you will be able to find it sooner or later.

Originally posted by Trinie
    To earth4477, Where do you live? If you live in LA than you may be able to find it. That was where my friend bought it. But I am just not sure if it is a legitimate copy or not. It was a professionally done pirated copy with a nice box and everything. But I am sure it exists since I was watching it in Cantonese when I visited her.

Trine, I lived in usa near the east coast. I don't live in new york chinatown nor in ca chinatown.

It's too bad there is NOT a original cantonese audio version released on vcds for purchase in asian on-line stores but only the dubbed-mandarin audio or dubbed-vietnamese audio version released available.

I don't why the original cantonese audio version is NOT released on vcds while other dubbed-asian languages version is released on vcds available for purchase.

Please inform if any of you could get your hands on the VCDs of both this series in original Cantonese version coz I sure want to purchase it also. Thanks beforehand.

Some of the info on those sites are merely folklore...

To earth4477, Too bad you don't live near any Chinatowns. I really don't know how you will be able to get a copy of this series in Cantonese. Too bad I don't own one or else I would burn you a copy... I only have it in Viet.

Thumbs up Heroine of the Yangs

Hi, everyone. I can't sleep. I guess I went to bed too early tonight. Anyway, since there are so many Yang Family fanatics in here, I would like to recommend two sites on ATV's Heroine of the Yangs.

This is a wonderfully comprehensive site on Heroine of the Yangs. It contains summaries of the serial, analyses of the various relationships in the drama, screen captures, translated dialogues, and different viewpoints contributed by fans of the serial.
    http://www.geocities.com/reviewinnhoty/

This is mainly an Annie Man fan site. It's a beautifully designed site and a haven for Annie fanatics, where one could find out almost anything one wants to know about the talented and pretty actress, Annie Man Chung Han. (You can probably tell I am an Annie fan. ) The filmography section contains a page on Heroine of the Yangs.
    http://www.anniemania.com/main.html

Enjoy, everyone. And please leave a comment in the guestbooks to let the webmistresses of these two sites know of your appreciation for their hard efforts.