Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

Thx for the sites, the 1st especially, it's really a wonderful comprehensive site of the serie.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Talking

No problem, belki. Glad you enjoyed the sites I recommended. I love those two sites, since I am a big Heroine of the Yangs fan.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

isnt there any sites on The Great General? ive searched everywhere on Yang Family but only found Heroine of The Yangs.......*sigh*
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Just like to thank all you guys for your help because I finally found the Great General VCD (mandarin) on yesasia. Yayhooo!

Like ghostdarTeal'c, I really like the character Mu Guiying in this show... which inspired me to the other ATV show of her name. To think I started watching this show only because Bao Zheng (the dark-faced judge) is in it. Nah, actually the truth is, me and my sister saw the shot of Zhan Zhao's (Bao Zheng's Chief constable) tears running down his face when he attempt to take the blame. We were like "what's this show? who's this cutie" ... I know I know... me shallow... hahaha

Anyone have the song of The Great General.
    Didnt find it for a long time...

If you have one you could send me at my streamload id.
    my id is Ointaisan

you can request in www.dsoul.net/TVS but i think they only have the subtheme. the opening theme was only tv-ripped.
    no requesting of songs in this forum
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I bought both of the series off YesAsia and I'm really glad to finally get my hands on both of them. Di Qing from the 2nd part is who caught my attention and he's so awesome. I really like Lin Yun too; he's bad but also human; reminds me of Yang Kang from the Condor Heroes series. I think the 2nd part is better than the first one, personally. I wish more series are like this one; serious with great hair and clothing.

Hmm...if someone wants the themesongs, I could probably get them off my series.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Just like to thank all you guys for your help because I finally found the Great General VCD (mandarin) on yesasia. Yayhooo!

hahaha

Where can I find this atv drama tv series "the great general" & "the heroic legend of the yang" in its original cantonese audio language??

I am searching for it in its original cantonese audio language version.

Why is the dubbed-mandarin audio language version & the dubbed-vietnamese audio language version of this atv series is released available on vcds while its original cantonese audio language is NOT available?

Isn't it strange??

Default How many eps in the part 2 version?

I have the part 1 in canto version and it has 30 cd. I am still looking for part 2 version. So, I would like to know how many cd is the part2 version and also where to get it as I can't found it from yesasia. if can, can someone provide me the link or sale or trade. I have the legendary ranger star by leon lai to trade. Please email me if you interested.

Part 2 should be the same number of episodes. I know that part 1 is for sale in Cantonese since my friend has it. BUt I am not sure about part 2.....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by pookagege
    and about themesong and subtheme I downloaded from this web http://www.asianphen.net/ but u have to have storage for store the files (at streamload.com)
    How can I download music from that website ? I can't find any links to forum or some where to ask for music

I posted that site for a long time .... now that section is closed down.

Lightbulb Yang Si Lang

I watched the chinese drama movie, Yang Warrior Clan and wow...very heart wrenching literally. I wonder what happen to Yang Si Lang and what does history say about him and if there was really a Pan Yu Yan. I've tried to find sources on him but i was not successful. Also thanks alot for the other info and doing researching on this topic. I've found myself these day to be doing random research on the Yang Family. I hope to someday be able to go to China and visit their burial and their home. So if anyone could find me some links to sources about the real Yang Si Lang and Pan Yu Yan. In general i just want to better understand the greatness of this incredible family. I wonder what happened in the end and what does history talks about after and about the history of General Yang Ye's Fourth Son.

thank you

I am sooo glad there is a thread on The Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and the General. I loved this show. In part one i like Ling Er and her husband. They are such a cute couple. They were in another Yang adaption as the same characters and we see their meeting and marriage. It was soo sweet, but this one was very sad. I don't like seeing her die like that and now he is all alone. It was sad that he was not even present as she passed away. That was soooo unfair.

As for part two of the series, I just love Jackie Lau and Joey Meng's love story. Jackie is such a good actor in here. He was a good idiot and vicious guy. His ending was really sad though. When he and Joey froze on that mountaintop, i cried. Everytime I watch that scene, I always cry. Does anyone know where I can find the song that was played when he died as the snow fell and who sings it?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Did I mention how wonderful the acting is in this show? It's just so sad that almost every Yang series had to end w/ bitterness and the abandoning of their once proud duty. That or the death of almost all the actors.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-02-05 at 07:38 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

i think yang jia jiang is better than chen chu qi. plot wise and acting wise
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default about Yang Ye family

The book, in chinese, on song dynasty famous persons say that yang ye was a very strong and caring to his soldiers, and also can tolerate a lot of hardship. He has 8 sons, one died with him when he lost the battle. The other seven survived, but only Yang Yan Lang (the elder son) succeeded his career, and was a well-known hero. He was mistaken as the sixth son by Laos. Yang Ye's death is a bit different from what's shown in the movies. He lost the battle, was captured, but resisted to eat the enemy's foods for three days, and died of starvation. He was a great strategist in fighting. The Laos were so afraid of him. But he eventually died in the hands of his jealous coworkers. His other sons were given office positions in comfort of his death. Hope that helps in knowing some truth. There is a book in chinese all about yang ye. It's called "The biography of Yang Ye". But I can't find it in the library.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

interesting book....if its in english i wouldnt searched for it....ive always wanted to know the real history of Yang family....more specifically of the daughter-in-law Muk Kwai Ying......hmmm....my dad said he saw a book about Muk Kwai Ying during his schooldays, it was his teacher's, but he was not interested in chinese history back then...well, now also lar...but anyways...oh i wish i could get my hands on that book.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

i wished ling er did not die in part 2. so sad when she died. poor wen kwang
    cherrie

Default Warrior of the Yang Clan start April 1st 05 on KTSF

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/images/jump/yang1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/images/jump/yang4.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/images/jump/yang5.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/images/jump/yang6.gif')

Here is the link to KTSF Website

Finally.... Chinese and English Subtitles!!!