Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

old series but a nice one...it has been my favorite kung fu series for the longest time until tian long ba bu 2003 came along i love lawrence yan chi keung!!!!

mak lai hong seemed to have changed her screen name back in 96's swordsman (with danmien lau), 98's a lawyer can be good( with eric wan, david jiang). and my date with a vampire (with joey meng n eric wan). the actress there looked exactly like her but the name was different and the surname is the same...i cant remeber the name though...

I found this clip on youtube w/ my fav song in the series. this is also the song that plays when joey's character died and Jackie carried her to the "golden mountain" where he froze to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNsZTEgy2XM
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

The actress that act as "mok gui ying" have 2 screen names, her original name is Mak lei hong, then she changed it to Mak king ting around 1994 or 1995. She's no longer acting, I heard she opened up a restaurant or something like that.

thats too bad...i like her acting in heroic legend f the yangs...

oh n thanks for the link mysticdust! i lov that song!!! brings me back to the old days...

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    thats too bad...i like her acting in heroic legend f the yangs...

oh n thanks for the link mysticdust! i lov that song!!! brings me back to the old days...
    you welcome big master. i was soo glad when i stumbled onto this song cuz it's what i listen to when i want a good cry or to feel emotional cuz it always bring back images of joey and jackie dying in the great general (such a sad scene).

anywayz, if anyone could translate the title and/or lyrics in english for me, that'll be wonderful
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

the title (jin sheng de huai nien) is something about always remembering you or something like that...the lyrics is also about stuffs like that that he/she wil never change heart...i love lawrence n erica...they look great together...also joey n jackie...

ooh! I'm finally watching Heroic Legend of the Yang Family 1 where the Yang grandson meets the princess! Before I only saw how he's already married to her and she's having a baby the part with Joey and Jacky Lui.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Jacky Lui in the first part plays a role different from the 2nd part as the Liao Prince/King.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Jacky Lui in the first part plays a role different from the 2nd part as the Liao Prince/King.
    yea first few episodes he was a beggar n the next few parts he was a prince...well, he was a prince originally,its just that he lost his memory

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    yea first few episodes he was a beggar n the next few parts he was a prince...well, he was a prince originally,its just that he lost his memory
    No, I meant the prequel where Man Kwong meets the princess, Jacky Lui played a Song general named, Pang Lit--who helped Man Kwong's father out when assassins were sent to kill him.

No, I meant the prequel where Man Kwong meets the princess, Jacky Lui played a Song general named, Pang Lit--who helped Man Kwong's father out when assassins were sent to kill him.
    oh now i remeber hmm...quite a small role he played there, not very memorable unlike his role in the great general which is very interestng

That Pang TaiShi is so evil! He's always automatically saying "Oh they did this, we should take them out and off their heads!" There isn't a time where he doesn't go "off with their heads!" Paul Chun here is so annoyingly evil!

That Pang TaiShi is so evil! He's always automatically saying "Oh they did this, we should take them out and off their heads!" There isn't a time where he doesn't go "off with their heads!" Paul Chun here is so annoyingly evil!
    yea n upto now, wen he plays the good guy role, i still look at him like 'oh he will do something fishy' coz of seeing him so bad in heroic... but i like her daughter (erica choi's character) to be apaired up w lawrence yan (chan chao) the triangle between them n kingdom yuen was good! kingdom was hilarious

Anyone know the name of the actress who played Princess Ling Yee and the actor who played Man Kwong? I wonder why they didn't use the same actor to play the same role in Heroine of the Yangs 2. I think the actress was also in Snow is Red as Wai Ying. I've only seen her in these two series, I wonder if she starrs in any other ATV series.

Anyone know the name of the actress who played Princess Ling Yee and the actor who played Man Kwong? I wonder why they didn't use the same actor to play the same role in Heroine of the Yangs 2. I think the actress was also in Snow is Red as Wai Ying. I've only seen her in these two series, I wonder if she starrs in any other ATV series.
    her name is wang yen no (in manarin). i saw her in one newer ancient sereis with david chiang but dunno the title...she seemed to have her name changed...it looks like her n they hav the same surname but different name...for man kwong, his mando name is lee rwan chi. he is in my date w a vampire 2, he gained a lot of weight! i used to like Wang yen no but i dun see much of her anymore n gradually, my admiration towards her faded...

yes yes the actress that played Mu Gui Ying changed her name to Mak Jing Ting....She is Jackie's current gf, and Joey was Jackie's ex gf....crazy how there were in the same series.....Mak Jing Ting's probably doing some kind of business now, but she goes diving with Jackie all the time
    here's her blog if anyone is interested

http://jiingting.blog.sohu.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    I found this clip on youtube w/ my fav song in the series. this is also the song that plays when joey's character died and Jackie carried her to the "golden mountain" where he froze to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNsZTEgy2XM
    MysticDust, do u know where I can get the catonese version of this MTV? Because I know jackie sings the canto version and in the clip it only has him and Joey in it

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin
    MysticDust, do u know where I can get the catonese version of this MTV? Because I know jackie sings the canto version and in the clip it only has him and Joey in it
    sorry, i didn't even know that such mtv exist. however, if you ever find it, let me know, k?

Ah, I just started rewatching Heroic Legend of the Yang Family again. LOL! Jacky Lui did play a Song soldier in the prequel! Funny how he comes and play a totally different role for the sequel.