Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

Smile

Suet Seung, thanks for the spoilers! Now I really want to watch that series! I've seen Jackie in an old ATV series called Silver Tycoon (I think) with Felix Wong and Margie Tsang. I thought Jackie's acting was wonderful in that series and I loved his character very much.

I got one question... If this legend yang is starred by Chan Sau Man, can anyone tell me where can i watch this drama?? I have search for tis drama for about 2 week and no result come out.. oni manage to find the one dat got theresa lee ><

Pls help, thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    I got one question... If this legend yang is starred by Chan Sau Man, can anyone tell me where can i watch this drama?? I have search for tis drama for about 2 week and no result come out.. oni manage to find the one dat got theresa lee ><

Pls help, thanks in advance..
    No, This is not the one. The one you're looking for is Heroine of the Yangs where Amy Chan Sau Man plays Mok Kwai Ying. I don't know where you can watch it, maybe tudou.com.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Icic, thank you suet seung ~

anyone have the themesongs to both the series? part 1 and part 2??

can anyone send it to me if u still have it?

it's so hard...almost impossible to find it now a day....

thanks so much!!

Default I LOVE THIS SERiES!!

i love this series sooo much...i remember when i was young i would watch this all the time, PART 1 was my favorite, PART 2 was good too...but i wish they had the same JUDGE BAO...i love the original dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin View Post
    MysticDust, do u know where I can get the catonese version of this MTV? Because I know jackie sings the canto version and in the clip it only has him and Joey in it
    Does anyone have this song in cantonese(not sure who sang it)? The singer's voice sounds very familiar. If you do, can you send it to my email account [email protected].

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bxFJJdTTs8Y/

Quote Originally Posted by angel4Ever View Post
    Does anyone have this song in cantonese(not sure who sang it)? The singer's voice sounds very familiar. If you do, can you send it to my email account [email protected].

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bxFJJdTTs8Y/
    I have the song. I believe it was sang by Jacky himself. Sorry the quality is not too good but it was the only one I can find. I'll be uploading it on megaupload soon.
    Yo momma cat

The version I have is different from the movie version but oh well here yall go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUDBVWQ4
    Yo momma cat

Is there any news regarding the Great General?? I would like to own this serie...
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I just rewatch Heroic Legend of the Yang Family (last week) for the third time and there were some major draggy parts! The whole situation with Yang 4 Lang took a long time. The story was much different from Heroine of the Yangs.

I didn't recall how misguided and manipulated the emperor was. They even had Justice Pao being almost beheaded by Grand Tutor Pan, some parts of this series was just so ridiculous I had to fast forward. And they kept going on and on with Consort Pan and Zhen Zhao's relationship as martial siblings and past lovers.

Kingdom Yuen as Yang Pai Feng was just not the same. It was sad that she had to die.

Still, I wish the actor who played Yang Man Kwong played reprised his role 4 years later in Heroine of the Yangs. I liked his coupling with Ling Er.

The whole struggle/battle against Grand Tutor Pan was just so draggy, I really got annoyed with the series. I can't believe they killed off the Eighth Prince (Duke/Marquis?). It would never had happened in any of the Justice Pao series.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I just rewatch Heroic Legend of the Yang Family (last week) for the third time and there were some major draggy parts! The whole situation with Yang 4 Lang took a long time. The story was much different from Heroine of the Yangs.

I didn't recall how misguided and manipulated the emperor was. They even had Justice Pao being almost beheaded by Grand Tutor Pan, some parts of this series was just so ridiculous I had to fast forward. And they kept going on and on with Consort Pan and Zhen Zhao's relationship as martial siblings and past lovers.

Kingdom Yuen as Yang Pai Feng was just not the same. It was sad that she had to die.

Still, I wish the actor who played Yang Man Kwong played reprised his role 4 years later in Heroine of the Yangs. I liked his coupling with Ling Er.

The whole struggle/battle against Grand Tutor Pan was just so draggy, I really got annoyed with the series. I can't believe they killed off the Eighth Prince (Duke/Marquis?). It would never had happened in any of the Justice Pao series.
    I just barely finished rewatching these series. I thought they were both fine and I didn't find any parts draggy at all. Though I don't know Chinese, but I can sort of tell who you're talking about in the bolds and I like them too. It's too bad Ling Er had to die in the second part in the begining then Siu Ling and her lover had to die at the end. I think all of the Yang members fit cause they really do look like a family to me. I really hated the king in both parts though.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    You watched a series thrice, knowing there were draggy parts? There must've been many years between re-watches, or the good bits were really good.

Heoric Legend of the Yang Family
    Heroine of the Yangs

Considering the subject of both titles are of different gender, I can understand why the story is different.

I didn't recall how misguided and manipulated the emperor was.
    And Song Ren Zhong was not in Justice Bao? SRZ wasn't known to be a brilliant emperor, proactive maybe, not brilliant.

And they kept going on and on with Consort Pan and Zhen Zhao's relationship as martial siblings and past lovers.
    I agree. It was done to death. I guess they wanted to play the ZZ factor, considering he was a popular character in Justice Bao.

Quote Originally Posted by midori
    It's too bad Ling Er had to die in the second part in the begining then Siu Ling and her lover had to die at the end.
    I agree. Although, I quite liked how YWG portrayed the grief at his wife's death. It was moving, and I don't find many HK serials moving. The effect was ruined when the Yang ladies all tried to get YWG to either marry again or get interested in Siu Ling. After what LE & YWG went through to be together? I suppose it's offspring over love.

It would never had happened in any of the Justice Pao series.
    It didn't happen because he was a fixture. A character to keep with continuity, which is a smart move by production. The 8th Duke (Huang Ye would rank as Duke rather than Marquis) could very likely have died in a political coup. It happens. His death was useless anyway. Heroic court deaths like that is not a mark of a good strategist. If he really wanted to make a difference, he could've chosen to live another day and formed a plan to either save the real emperor or beat the political enemy.

hi all
    i wanna to ask u
    do you know from where i can get the soundtrack of this film?
    i've watched it untill chapter 18

Quote Originally Posted by mistlake View Post
    The actress that act as "mok gui ying" have 2 screen names, her original name is Mak lei hong, then she changed it to Mak king ting around 1994 or 1995. She's no longer acting, I heard she opened up a restaurant or something like that.
    Aww... I really miss her, she was a very good actress. I think she is married to Jackie Liu now.

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    yea n upto now, wen he plays the good guy role, i still look at him like 'oh he will do something fishy' coz of seeing him so bad in heroic... but i like her daughter (erica choi's character) to be apaired up w lawrence yan (chan chao) the triangle between them n kingdom yuen was good! kingdom was hilarious
    I also like Lawrence and Erica. I though they were really cute. I thought Kingdom Yuen was pretty cute too. She tried to get Lawrence attention but it was sad he turn her down. I thought her and ling er discussion about Lawrence was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    No mention of Erica in part 2, Lawrence barely had any screen time in part 2. Joey Meng and Jackie were really cute together but joey's character was kind of annoying. They reminded me of Gilbert and Annie, one is a ruthless ruler (or wanna be ruler in Gilbert's case) and the other was a young cute maiden who wanted nothing more but to be with the man she loves. unlike Gilbert, jackie never would hurt Joey like he did Annie. Now if they could've casted jackie in part 2 of heroine of the yangs as the evil prince that would've been awesome since he played the same part in The Great General anyways. Now that I think about it, I think I prefer Jackie over Gilbert's character if we were to compare them and their love for annie/joey.
    I thought it was sad that Lawrence screen time was so reduce =( Jackie and Joey was very cute
    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I thought the actor did a good job thou. Erica's brother was very good to, he is very good playing a villain.
    Awww I actually thought they were cute.

Yes very sad she had to die =( Still, I wish the actor who played Yang Man Kwong played reprised his role 4 years later in Heroine of the Yangs. I liked his coupling with Ling Er. That would be nice.

I read somewhere the actress who plays Ling Er retire a long time ago from entertainment after she did one series in China. She also changed her name. Miss her too.
    Last edited by Nan Ling; 03-16-15 at 07:14 AM.

I absolutely love this show - even 20 years after the original run! Especially nowadays with more modern shows I find myself going back to older dramas like these. <3 even though the first and second instalments had more or less the same characters, I got very different feels from them.

The first one feels very righteous - like a Justice Pao series but with more protagonists (the Yang family).

The second one I feel had more romance and sub plot. For instance, with Joey and Jackie's characters and Damian Lau and his love interests (the princess and then Jackie's sister who looked like the princess). I really liked both couples a lot - especially Joey and Jackie pairing. I guess if Erica made a return, the added Lawrence and Erica couple would be overkill lol.

I feel like the second instalment really showcased Jackie Lui's range of acting - from Fu Yee to the cruel Sai Ha emperor he was was just wow. The second instalment had a lot going on and Justice Pao and 展昭 and the rest of the group was a lot more second line compared to the first instalment. I found killing off Ling Yee was really random and unnecessary though...

Nevertheless I love both instalments very much!

Oh speaking of which, have you guys seen the get together that the cast had to celebrate 20 years? My god some of the people look pretty much the same. Here's the link for anyone interested: http://youtu.be/mnwiVADrU6A.

Wow thanks for the link. Wong Mei and Jackie age very well, they look the same. Wish the whole cast could be there.