Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: heroic legend of the yang family and the great general

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Cool

interesting.....thai guy. i wish you good luck in finding one...one advice tho, make sure you've got black belt in self-defence, you're going to have to look forward to series of painful physical contact sessions whenever you tick her off real bad.... Trust me, women is bound to use anything within her grasp when she's being pushed to the limits (and men tend to push us over the edge as they please ), never make a woman angry unless it's really necessary......well, at least never make your wife angry...ok !
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-06-04 at 02:59 AM.

I know about Mok Guai Ying during the 80's, Liza Wong portrayed this role in the series The Yang's Female Warriors.

Back to the series, what's your favourite part/scene? Just curious.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

OK! let's count them

my favorite scene in part 1 :

1. Mu Gui Ying fought with Ling Er in garden after she saw Ling Er ran so fast in Man Kwong 's room ... to make sure that Ling Er had a skilful kung fu but she defended herself that she learnt from a beggar

2. When justice bao's right hand knew that his sister student (also be his past girlfriend) become a favorite emperor's concubine Tang Gui Fei ... very touching scene

3. Man Kwong left home to find his mom, Ling Er (disguise as a man) went with him. They dispute on each other, so she left him ... then he went to make amends but they both accidentally fell in to waterfall ... he saw her in wet cloth and knew immediately that she is a girl

4. Ling Er's mom came to take her back palace but she refused saying that she wanted to stay with Man Kwong, so her mom made a plan to test their love... she used poison (not real) to them and had only 1 medicine to cure ... Ling Er gave it to him but he refused and threw it away saying that 1 medicine couldn't help 2 people ...if she dies, he will die with her ...Arkkkkk!!! very romantic

5. Man Kwong and Ling Er met again in Liao region after she was bombed her face and had a serious scar, so she had to use light fabric covered her half face, she didn't tell him who she is because Man Kwong couldn't remember her at first time but then he doubted because of familiar face ... he made her to accept herself by use the sunlight shine in to her eyes and remove the fabric ... Ling Er begged him not to come closing her ... he said that he doesn't care whether she is beautiful or not, she always be the only one in his heart .. HAH !! HEAH!! romance again

6. In the end, the meet between justice bao's right hand and Gui Fei who was removed from her position because of many things that her father did to the emperor, it was also the romance one ... even though it quite sad

For part 2, I'm almost forget it now well ... have to rewatch it again and I will tell u guys soon.
    Last edited by pookagege; 02-16-04 at 11:20 AM.

That part when Mok Guai Ying confronted Ling Er in the garden is also one of my fave scenes, it shows that MGY really is a good judge of people and also wise in her own ways. And I also love the part where MGY saved Ling Er from accepting the punishment to remove all her skills. And the time when MGY and the Grandma exchanged glances unnoticeably and mutually have the same thought in rescuing the 'lost brother' who got captured. And the time where MGY revealed cleverly that the emperor was the actual person who raped Ling Er's mom...

Almost all scenes that consist of MGY are my favourites, perhaps I get a bit bias coz I like her character so much.

For part 2, ditto with you pookagege, got to re-watch it also.

Unhappy

oh man, i feel so at lost!!!!
    wanna watch heroic legend, arrghhh!!!

HA HA !!!! calm down friend

I hope they will release on vcd in original sound soon, now it has only Vietnam dubbed that I saw in saigoncd .... too bad ... i have these series on vdo, their quality quite bad

Pookagege mentioned a lot of my favorite parts already. I really like this series and its sequel. The VCDs to this series should have already been released in Chinese. I know because my friend has it on VCD in Cantonese. I was watching it at her house one time. Or was it a pirated copy?? This is one of my most favorite series from ATV. So ATV does have the potential to make good series....It is so sad that no one gives them any credit for the good series they make.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

oh yeah....i practically grew up with ATV series....and they're not as bad as people been condemning they are....
    The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Secret battle of The Majesties and The Young Dowager and modern series Anything But Him and Legend: A Dream Named Desire are some of those i can never imagine to forget even after 10-20 years....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-08-04 at 05:15 AM.

wow..this thread is still alive? hehe..anyway..anyone kno where i could get the sub theme for this song? thanks
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

HA HA!! Hello ... LTD ... It seems u have been fly away for a long time Anyway ... Welcome Back
    Last edited by pookagege; 02-09-04 at 07:15 AM.

hey guys....do you have pics of Mak Lai Hung as Muk Kwai Ying??

here is Muk Kwai Ying's pic in Heroine of The Yangs, played by Amy Chan Sau Man, if you guys dont know her....
    http://moc-que-anh.tripod.com/06.jpg

and this is Kwai Ying with Zhong Po in the battlefield....
    http://moc-que-anh.tripod.com/39.jpg

sorry, you guys would have to copy/paste the link to a new window coz tripod wont allow direct linkage. its the place that i can find the pic......sorry....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-09-04 at 01:07 PM.

hope this works....its the picture of KwaiYing from Heroine of The Yangs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-09-04 at 01:12 PM.

with Zhong Po and Yong Taikuan in the battlefield
    Attached Images Attached Images

it works..yeah!

now, how about pieces of Mak Lai Hung as Muk Kwai Ying?

Originally posted by pookagege
    HA HA!! Hello ... LTD ... It seems u have been fly away for a long time Anyway ... Welcome Back
    yea...it has been a while since i've posted here...but it seems like no one around here even knows me much less miss me..hehe..it's nice to see that a thread i started is still alive
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Is this series everyone's talking about the <Bi Xie Qing Tian Yang Jia Jiang and Zhen Zhu Qi>? Yang Generals, and the sequel, the Pearl Flag? I'm sorry, I don't know the Cantonese pronounciation for it, but the Pearl Flag stars Norman Cui/Tsui and Damien Liu/Lau? I believe it came out in 1994-94...

I find it interesting that I've been desperately trying to find out if this series is still around, and lo and behold I stumble on this thread!

I absolutely love this one, it's so awesome. I've been trying to get a copy of it lately. The people, costumes and fighting are so great; modern shows nowadays have way too much unrealistic CG that covers up a lot of the martial arts, and man the hairstyles and color in modern series are really disgusting sometimes! I love the hair and the clothing they've got in this one, and the plot is really cool too. I've only seen parts of it, so I'm dying to see it all!

Anyway, this is my first post, I'm glad to meet everyone!

Originally posted by aisa_etinu
    Is this series everyone's talking about the <Bi Xie Qing Tian Yang Jia Jiang and Zhen Zhu Qi>? Yang Generals, and the sequel, the Pearl Flag? I'm sorry, I don't know the Cantonese pronounciation for it, but the Pearl Flag stars Norman Cui/Tsui and Damien Liu/Lau? I believe it came out in 1994-94...

i dont know about the chinese title of it, but i remember The Great General's plot is around the search for the Pearl Flag. The flag goes with a note that says Yong Zhong Po is the rightful heir of the kingdom (remember his mother is a princess). it had to do with his mother's side of the family, with past disputes and all. so i think this might be the series youre talking about.

hey, talking about that. i wondered was it true about this yang family? do they really exist and what is the most accurate thing that any series ever portrays about their life? and what about kwaiying? i searched for the web about her, and found nothing historical but on-stage operas that performed her story. she seemed like a legendary fighter but i cant find anything historical on her at all. same goes to yang family. anyone care to explain about this?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

HI! glad to meet u too aisa_etinu, u will feel good to be here ... everyone is so nice ...
    Last edited by pookagege; 02-14-04 at 10:44 AM.

About Yang's Family, they really existed like Justice Pao but the gap between them is 75 years. According to the historical book I had read, it had a lot of details about them... like

- Tai Guan (grandma) met her husband in a border while they were in a battle, they fought together and Tai Guan was a winner ... he told her to kill him because he was ashamed that he lose for a woman but instead of killing him she told him to marry her for the good relationship and support to fight enemies, so he accepted.

- They had 7 sons and 2 daughters.

- Mok Guai Ying also existed. After all 7th son went into the great battle and 1th, 2th, 3th, 7th died in the battle, the next generation is most well - known belong to Mok Guai Ying who did win in many battles after marrying with Yang Zhong Bao (but it didn't said that whether she was a bandit or not).

- Yang Zhong Bao die with his father in the battle when Man Kwong (his son) is 16 years old.

- about 4th son stuck in Liao region and marry Liao princess, it was true ... he once came back home to meet his family but could not stay like in the past because he have to take care his second wife and his son, so he left home again.

- 5th son became a monk after the battle. grandma always visit him.

- Man Kwong was the last hier while they still stay with the emperor (but it didn't mention to his real wife)

It seems that the ATV and TVB version were almost close to the history.

Thanks a heap pookagege, it feels good to admire a character that actually existed and real and wonderful at the same time.