Thread: [new series] Turn Left Turn Right

Default [new series] Turn Left Turn Right

i saw this tv version at yesasia http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...videos/code-c/ with Ambrose Hsu, lu yi and alysia chia. any1 watch this b4? is it good? never watch the movie version. so i'm thinking of buying the tv version since it's only $21.99 and of course lu yi is in it. hehehehhe
    Last edited by lunas; 11-17-04 at 03:51 PM.

I saw the first few episodes, its a typical romantic comedy. The drama's storyline
    deviates from the book in that there's alot more characters and side plots. Anyway still a pretty a good drama, the overall standard(in terms of lighting, fashion, props, cinematography etc.) is abit higher than your average drama.
    There's another thing nice about this drama--- ALL(yes, all) the actors are pretty good looking. Its not like other mainland dramas where only one(or none) of the leads are cute. This series is like a taiwanese idol drama(cute people) except longer with a longer, better developed storyline.

i saw the movie verson and I thought this is one of the romantic movie ever..so I think I will watch the serie too........
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Quote Originally Posted by divinefish
    I saw the first few episodes, its a typical romantic comedy. The drama's storyline
    deviates from the book in that there's alot more characters and side plots. Anyway still a pretty a good drama, the overall standard(in terms of lighting, fashion, props, cinematography etc.) is abit higher than your average drama.
    There's another thing nice about this drama--- ALL(yes, all) the actors are pretty good looking. Its not like other mainland dramas where only one(or none) of the leads are cute. This series is like a taiwanese idol drama(cute people) except longer with a longer, better developed storyline.
    Wow, it sounds so promising.... can't wait for it to be released in viet... Haha, dreaming I know, by the time it is indeed released in viet, I'll be 60 yrs old or something along those lines
    But since I'm an Alyssa fan, I think i'll enjoy this one very much
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

It looks like this series was just released today at yesasia! The cast is certainly appealing, but I'm not sure about the plot. Isn't it a spin-off of a movie by the same title?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    It looks like this series was just released today at yesasia! The cast is certainly appealing, but I'm not sure about the plot. Isn't it a spin-off of a movie by the same title?
    The series was based on the movie version starring Gigi Leung and Kam Shing Mo.

The Movie:
    The two leads lived in the same building next to eachother divided by 4 walls, but never met. This is because one has a habit of turning left and the other a habit of turning right. The eventually met during an earcthquake.

Gigi Leung (who Alyssa will portray) is a professional translator but is getting tired of the cheap novels she has to translate. Kam Shing Mo (who Lu Yi will portray) is a professional violinist who is tired of playing for audiences who can't appreciate his talent.

The Series:
    Shen Shi Tao (Lu Yi) is a very talented violinist. However, his father is very much against his love for music, he left his home and lived by himself in a little rented old apartment. Everyday he had his music to accompany him, everyday he lives happily. Every time he leaves his apartment he has a habit of turning left.

Cui Le Ping (Alyssa Chia) grew up in an orphanage home. She is a very romantic and imaginative translator and is presently translating an important novel. Everyday when she leaves her apartment she has the habit of turning to the right.

In a big fire, Le Ping's home and work were destoryed. She also lost her job. To show sympathy, the landlord put Le Ping in an apartment right next to Shi Tao. They thus became neighbors, however due to their very different lifestyles, they both tend to yell at each other through the walls, while never knowing who each other was. In front of the water fountain in the park, Le Ping by chance meet Shi Tao. It was love at first sight...

**Credit to Steffi***
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 11-17-04 at 01:23 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

cant wait to see it...........
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

I have been waiting for this series to come out for 6 months. I can't wait to drool over Lu Yi again!
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

do anyone know if this is out in cantonese version???????/

Don't think its out in Cantonese yet.... but currently in Mandarin...
    If possible, you can find a copy of it in mandarin w/ cantonese subtitles... MAYBE
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Don't think its out in Cantonese yet.... but currently in Mandarin...
    If possible, you can find a copy of it in mandarin w/ cantonese subtitles... MAYBE

cantonese subtitles?? LOL

tats just like saying Aussie english with American subtitles

Quote Originally Posted by pwanda
    cantonese subtitles?? LOL

tats just like saying Aussie english with American subtitles
    Lol, maybe she meant traditional Chinese subtitles.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hehe, dunno what the difference is between Cantonese and Mandarin except that they're spoken in different parts of China...I assumed that the lil chinese subtitles at the bottom of the series have to be either one of the two

And Aussie english w/ Amercian subtitles is NOT a bad idea....sometimes I don't understand the heck what those Aussie are saying
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

I luv this series....
    HotBabeGurl89
    Super Hottie

Does anyone here have the ending theme song to this series? I've been trying to find it for months now, and I still don't know who sang it. Can anyone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by LoVe123
    Does anyone here have the ending theme song to this series? I've been trying to find it for months now, and I still don't know who sang it. Can anyone help me please?
    u mean the song that started with "Zhen De Xiang Ji Mo De Shi Hou You Ge Ban........" well..i think i hab that themesong then..but i dont kno who is the artist..well..my frdz sing found that song and she think was a great song and so..she take that song as her Demo CD..well..i can send it to u..but i donnt how to upload it.....
    HotBabeGurl89
    Super Hottie

Yea, it's that song!! If it's possible, can you upload it for me please?? You can go to www.yousendit.com and upload it there. Thanks so much!!

thank for the summary. it sound very interesting, i just looking for this thread. any picture of this serie
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''