Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mediacorp Star Awards 2004

I am quite happy that:
    1. Ivy Lee won the Best Actress - for she finally confirmed that it is no point lamenting about the past acting and try to do one best.
    2. Li Xian Min the newcomer - she worked very hard in the marathon series
    3. Joanne Peh - newcomer & popular - i think she is a nice person
    4. Jeanette Aw - popular - hope that she will win the best actress award next yr
    5. Vivian Lai - i think though a bit short, she is the most versatile mediacorp actress.
    6. Sharon Au - for remembering her "old colleagues" coming back [though it may also indicate the lack of confidence in her] and thanking man.

Bigger photos over at Mediacorp's site.

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/around8/e...ew/538/1/.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phppYfbEC.jpg')

Jacelyn Tay fell down? Luckily she wasn't pregnant.

Anyway I am a bit confused. How come fann Wong is in two different dress, with two different hairstyle or is my eyes playing tricks on me??
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

yes, jacelyn fell down during the opening ceremony because of her long gown.
    i can't remember fann wong in two dresses. but that's possible because she presents the newcomer? award. hence she has time to dress/re-do her hair. unlike zoe tay whereby she presents the best supporting actor/actress award. too close to the opening ceremony. maybe no time for her to change/re-do her terrible hair style. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim

Anyway I am a bit confused. How come fann Wong is in two different dress, with two different hairstyle or is my eyes playing tricks on me??

is anyone suprised that fiona and ivy are not in the top 10?
    who should be out of they are in? for me, it will be xiang yun and chen liping. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim

Some of the actresses changed their wardrobe during the show. So they had two different looks that night. Fann was one of them.

Yep, Jacelyn Tay tripped on her dress or the steps. It came as a shock to me. But I can't help but be amused by it.

More pictures here.

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/around8/e...ew/538/1/.html

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/around8/i...ew/540/1/.html
    Last edited by wuchang; 12-16-04 at 12:16 PM.

may i check in terms of awards within a certain year, is there anyone who performed better than fann wong? in the first ceremony, fann won best newcomer, best actress and top 10. learning the wrath of ah jie in fact? hehe.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    is anyone suprised that fiona and ivy are not in the top 10?
    who should be out of they are in? for me, it will be xiang yun and chen liping. hehe.
    Cant understand why 赖怡玲in ... totally no logic!!!!! 不觉得荷兰村和喜临门是原因罗!Anyway, i heard rumours said if u willing to spent 5K to make phone calls, then can get in.... i really cant find any reason she in... mayb her 广告商 called for her.... or mayb her hubby rich... just after she 拍拖,就年年进十大。不是要中伤,只是真的疑点太多哦。
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Quote Originally Posted by november
    Cant understand why 赖怡玲in ... totally no logic!!!!! 不觉得荷兰村和喜临门是原因罗!Anyway, i heard rumours said if u willing to spent 5K to make phone calls, then can get in.... i really cant find any reason she in... mayb her 广告商 called for her.... or mayb her hubby rich... just after she 拍拖,就年年进十大。不是要中伤,只是真的疑点太多哦。
    Why not ? I doubt voting is as much as Singapore IDOL , and seeing that votes are spread out over so many people.
    a 5K block of phone call could be enough to get u into the top 10..

That's why i think Phylis Quek get in year after year despite sometimes she's not seen for the whole year..

may i check in terms of awards within a certain year, is there anyone who performed better than fann wong? in the first ceremony, fann won best newcomer, best actress and top 10. learning the wrath of ah jie in fact? hehe.
    Hmm....... Xie shao guang won 3 before..
    best actor, best supporting.. it was the golden pillow 1.. he acted as the crippled guy, and 5 most popular or 10 most popular.. cannot remember. but fann was the first to win 3. and i think..... chew chor ming, sharon au won 3 before.

thks, foreva.
    this yr's star awards is more relaxed. everyone seems to be more happy. maybe everyone's expectations are lower. except for joanne peh who is expected to win the best newcomer, the other top four awards [best and best supporting actor/actress] are more or less surprises.

may i check: in the history of star awards, besides fann wong, any best newcomer win the best actor/actress or best supporting actor/actress during the same ceremony?

read in a newspaper article that fiona xie called the award a "stupid" award. my goodness, she should not say such things, esp to the media.

wat award did she mention as stupid?

this star award. also in the same article, she mention lux girl joanne peh as the up and coming star.
    Quote Originally Posted by freezezly
    wat award did she mention as stupid?

this star award. also in the same article, she mention lux girl joanne peh as the up and coming star.
    Sour grapes lah...

The interview in Mandarin ? Then again, with her half-bucket Mandarin she can claims she was Mis-quote..

no, i think the interview is in english - reported in sunday straits times life.
    she apologize to her fans for not winning, noting that as most of her fans are young, they have not much $$ to vote for her.

no, i think the interview is in english - reported in sunday straits times life.
    she apologize to her fans for not winning, noting that as most of her fans are young, they have not much $$ to vote for her.
    I though her fan base is mostly the FHM crowd...
    Despite being loaded, I doubt they'll bother with star awards..

yes, u are rite. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuangRong
    I though her fan base is mostly the FHM crowd...
    Despite being loaded, I doubt they'll bother with star awards..

Some people are rumoured (or is it true) to have Hype calling in for them. A possible reason of how Michelle Saram got in last year and lots of people protested.