Thread: Princess Chang Ping (CS) and 9 Nan (DOMD)

Default Princess Chang Ping (CS) and 9 Nan (DOMD)

I have watch both the adaptation of Crimson Sabre/Sword Stained With Royal Blood and Duke of Mount Deer and I know that 9 Nan, the 1 arm nun is actually Princess Chang Ping in Crimson Sabre. But I really can't imagine Princess Chang Ping will become someone like 9 Nan. At the ending of Crimson Sabre, Princess Chang Ping seem to not want to fight anymore, and just resign to being a traveling nun. I can't imagine her still struggling to take revenge and restoring the Ming dynasty after so many years. Also, kidnapping Ng Sam Guai's daughter and rising the girl to kill her own dad doesn't seem like what Princess Chang Ping would do. All the things Princess Chang Ping do in Crimson Sabre is for the bigger picture (Ming Dynasty) not petty personal revenge.

I would like to know from those who have read these 2 books, is the personality of 9 Nan in DOMD consistant with that of Princess Chang Ping in CS?

Sigh... That's what happens to chicks becoming nuns because their loves (read: infatuation) weren't returned... On a serious note, I don't think that was petty personal revenge. Can you explain why you think of it that way?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Sigh... That's what happens to chicks becoming nuns because their loves (read: infatuation) weren't returned... On a serious note, I don't think that was petty personal revenge. Can you explain why you think of it that way?
    OK, it's not petty, but it's still personal. Wu Shan Guai caused the death of her family, so she kidnap his daugther and train the girl to him. Seem very personal to me. It can't be to revive the Ming Dynasty, since having Ah Ke kill Wu Shan Guai wouldn't weaken the Qing Dynasty much if at all.

So, back to my question, is the 9 Nan's personality consistant with that of Chang Ping?

It can't be to revive the Ming Dynasty, since having Ah Ke kill Wu Shan Guai wouldn't weaken the Qing Dynasty much if at all.
    Maybe not, but it is satisfying. You see, most people (the wulin ones) were planning the exact same thing. It is sort of a way to release their frustration and anger.

So, back to my question, is the 9 Nan's personality consistant with that of Chang Ping?
    She's a chick, so having alternate personalities or swinging moods is normal*.

*Please don't put a feminist fatwa on me!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Maybe not, but it is satisfying. You see, most people (the wulin ones) were planning the exact same thing. It is sort of a way to release their frustration and anger.

She's a chick, so having alternate personalities or swinging moods is normal*.

*Please don't put a feminist fatwa on me!
    I personally resent your remark about the swinging moods and so. *ships Candy to a camp of man-haters*

I reckon 9Nan thinks it would be satisfying but of course in the end she didn't think so anymore.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think her character remained the same in 2 books.
    She wasn't a good girl in the first part, was she?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

she might not actually meant to kidnap the kid.she might have smuck in to kill the 'tortise' and ran aceoss the kid and decided to take her.the plan might have come about later.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    OK, it's not petty, but it's still personal. Wu Shan Guai caused the death of her family, so she kidnap his daugther and train the girl to him. Seem very personal to me. It can't be to revive the Ming Dynasty, since having Ah Ke kill Wu Shan Guai wouldn't weaken the Qing Dynasty much if at all.

Her character went through alot of changes because her entire family was killed during the dethroning of her father's crown. There is obviously alot of difference in the character because of age difference as well.

And i think her most hated enemy and the one who directly caused the downfall of her family is Li Zi Chen, not Wu San Gui. LZC personally brought his troops to dethrone Chongzhen emperor, and WSG in turn brought in the Manchurians to dethrone LZC few weeks later. Jiu nan trained WSG's daughter to kill him because he's a national traitor not because of personal feuds.