Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NewSeries:JIAN LIN TIAN XIA--Fan Bing Bing, Li Zong Han, Wang Xue Bing, Li Xiao Run

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Did you like FBB more in part II or part III?

I only have 4 more episodes to go in part III, so I hope I can finish watching it today.
    Part two she is very cute I like her too, but in part 3 when she is lost her memory she is so funny and her acting is more tallent than in part 2. I says I like her in part 3 more.

I just finished watching this series. The last case was indeed left unresolved, which is a big disappointment. Good thing I was warned about it, though. I wonder if (and hope that) there will be a sequel to this because at the very end, a narrator said that Bao Zheng will continue to try and solve the case...

Poor Zhan Zhao. He loves Ao Xue, but she loves Bao Zheng. What is so great about this particular Bao Zheng? He acts like and looks similar to a chunk of wood and is a major wuss when it comes to being honest about love. Whatever happened to his 'zhen xiang da bai' attitude when it came to that? I mean, why him and not the playfully loyal Zhan Zhao or the handsome and scholarly Gongsun Ce?

My overall opinion of this series is that it's very enjoyable. The cases up 'til the last one were pretty good. I liked the soccer one the most. The humor was also great. One of the funniest parts has to be when Zhan Zhao was trying to move Ao Xue by continuing Gongsun Ce's lie about how he saved her by picking a really rare flower and then continued to go way overboard.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I just finished watching this series. The last case was indeed left unresolved, which is a big disappointment. Good thing I was warned about it, though. I wonder if (and hope that) there will be a sequel to this because at the very end, a narrator said that Bao Zheng will continue to try and solve the case...

Poor Zhan Zhao. He loves Ao Xue, but she loves Bao Zheng. What is so great about this particular Bao Zheng? He acts like and looks similar to a chunk of wood and is a major wuss when it comes to being honest about love. Whatever happened to his 'zhen xiang da bai' attitude when it came to that? I mean, why him and not the playfully loyal Zhan Zhao or the handsome and scholarly Gongsun Ce?

My overall opinion of this series is that it's very enjoyable. The cases up 'til the last one were pretty good. I liked the soccer one the most. The humor was also great. One of the funniest parts has to be when Zhan Zhao was trying to move Ao Xue by continuing Gongsun Ce's lie about how he saved her by picking a really rare flower and then continued to go way overboard.
    Yes, the soccer part is so funny. Remember there is the part he try to buy the basket flower but it too expense and he get the small one. Ao Xue come and wrap it and later she saw other servant come and buy the big one. she return and tease on him. hahaha so funny. I wishes them two ending be a couple, but still they didn't show. Gonsun Ce and Zhan Zhao pretend a poor people is funny part too. Gong Sun Ce he make a cross eyes make me laughes a lot. there is a lot da part funny in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beedon
    Gonsun Ce and Zhan Zhao pretend a poor people is funny part too. Gong Sun Ce he make a cross eyes make me laughes a lot.
    Yes! I mentioned that part earlier. It's one of my favorites. I couldn't even tell at first that it was actually Zhan Zhao and Gongsun Ce.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Kikyo
    Unregistered

I want to see this so much! It's even in that papers...can't see why my videostore are so slow to get it. It's nearly the start of Uni, can't wait any longer....

Can't wait to see Gongsun Ce, I thought he played the mannerly scholar very well in his last series (with Cheung Wai Kian, Li Bing Bing, Nie Yuan)...you're right Lady Zhuge, the images don't do him any justice from my memory of what he looks like on screen. But I don't think he looks sneaky enough as Gongsun Ce. Both the old Gongsun Ce from Bao Qing Tian and Ren Quan both had this sneaky/devious air to him. Li Jing Rong looks like an innocent pup.

Don't know about Zhan Zao...his hairstyle gets to me. I just got used to a bald headed Zhan Zao and now I'm subjected to this Japanese Maggi style fringe and pony tail.

FBB looks good though, better in fact than her persona in YJB II. In II, she had too much make up on. I thought at first she purposely put excessive amounts of blush on to look clownish at the start, but it seemed like it was the standard routine throughout the series. I have trust in abilities to be comic now, she even made me laugh as Yun Lei in PZXY, even when she wasn't supposed to be funny. Such a natural now...far cry from her rather over zealous performance as Jin Shou. Feel so proud of her...so accomplished now, winning best actress and the like...when Ruby Lin has to spend 3 months in New York to 'improve' her acting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikyo
    Can't wait to see Gongsun Ce, I thought he played the mannerly scholar very well in his last series (with Cheung Wai Kian, Li Bing Bing, Nie Yuan)...you're right Lady Zhuge, the images don't do him any justice from my memory of what he looks like on screen. But I don't think he looks sneaky enough as Gongsun Ce. Both the old Gongsun Ce from Bao Qing Tian and Ren Quan both had this sneaky/devious air to him. Li Jing Rong looks like an innocent pup.
    Yeah, Li Jin Rong first caught my attention in "Smart Kid" as well. His character Yue Wen was kind of boring, but very easy on the eyes nevertheless.
    I agree, he doesn't look very sneaky or devious, especially compared to Ren Quan. His Gongsun Ce comes off as much more scholarly and mature (barring a few scenes here and there). That's why the one part where he pretended to be a cross-eyed old man caught me off guard. It's too bad that he didn't have any real love interest in this series. I would have loved to do the honors there.

I started a thread for him at another forum, but it's received no responses yet probably due to the lack of people who actually know who he is. I've just posted one at this forum as well, so hopefully more people will notice him. He may just be a tad bit on the "too old" side for most SPCNET fangirls, though.

Don't know about Zhan Zao...his hairstyle gets to me. I just got used to a bald headed Zhan Zao and now I'm subjected to this Japanese Maggi style fringe and pony tail.
    I was totally biased against Li Zong Han's Zhan Zhao before I even started watching the series, but have definitely changed my mind.

FBB looks good though, better in fact than her persona in YJB II. In II, she had too much make up on. I thought at first she purposely put excessive amounts of blush on to look clownish at the start, but it seemed like it was the standard routine throughout the series. I have trust in abilities to be comic now, she even made me laugh as Yun Lei in PZXY, even when she wasn't supposed to be funny. Such a natural now...far cry from her rather over zealous performance as Jin Shou. Feel so proud of her...so accomplished now, winning best actress and the like...when Ruby Lin has to spend 3 months in New York to 'improve' her acting skills.
    Yeah, FBB is really cute in here. I think she looks especially pretty in her princess get-up. She also sang the ending theme song. Because of that, I kind of thought her character Ao Xue would have a nice singing voice, but...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Kikyo
    Unregistered

That's it, Li Jin Rong was in 'Smart Kid'. Couldn't remember the name, thanks for providing Lady Zhuge. Yes he was quite boring, utterly frustrating when it came to being assertive in his relationship with Ho Mei Tin, but his performance was so heartfelt. He looked quite dashing when he was playing the Qin. He reminds me of Gilbert Lam from Heroine of the Yangs...another handsome chap and suave villian. I hear he's got the role of Ye Lu Qi in the new ROCH. Hope it's a big role for him...the guy who played the same character in 83' ROCH had a fair amount of screen time. Though Li Jin Rong doesn't look very tribal/Mongolian to me...who cares, just as long as he's in it.

Ditto to regarding FBB's singing. I've heard the endclip song and I must say, as much as I admire her acting talents now, FBB should ditch her singing career. Please don't make the same mistake as Ruby Lin made.

Oh no! I'm starting to get the smilie bug

hullo!!! oh no, most of you have finish watching it! and i still can't make a head start. dang. well, its not only because i am buried in my studies, but its also becoz i got sick last week!!! oh, poor me, i had to be absent in my classes for 2 days!

oh, so Xiao Hai ge ge has a new series? wow cool!!! is he the lead? or WXB is? hope its Xiao Hai ge ge!!! what kind of role does he play in there?

hey, i don't think li jing rong as being old, is he old? coz he looks kinda cute to me.
    hey! i didn't know he was in smart kid! i watched that series but i never noticed him there! well, that's coz i don't know him there yet...

hey kikyo, i don't think fbb's voice is bad, in fact, i think its kinda good, i like it actually.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

That's it, Li Jin Rong was in 'Smart Kid'. Couldn't remember the name, thanks for providing Lady Zhuge. Yes he was quite boring, utterly frustrating when it came to being assertive in his relationship with Ho Mei Tin, but his performance was so heartfelt. He looked quite dashing when he was playing the Qin. He reminds me of Gilbert Lam from Heroine of the Yangs...another handsome chap and suave villian. I hear he's got the role of Ye Lu Qi in the new ROCH. Hope it's a big role for him...the guy who played the same character in 83' ROCH had a fair amount of screen time. Though Li Jin Rong doesn't look very tribal/Mongolian to me...who cares, just as long as he's in it.
    Yeah, according to this article, the director of the new ROCH decided to cast Li Jin Rong as Ye Lu Qi. I hope he gets a lot of screentime too. I haven't actually watched any ROCH adaptation yet, so this one will hopefully set the bar for me.
    I've always wondered how Li Jin Rong would do in a villainous role. He's got the total fascade and mannerisms of a good guy.

Ditto to regarding FBB's singing. I've heard the endclip song and I must say, as much as I admire her acting talents now, FBB should ditch her singing career. Please don't make the same mistake as Ruby Lin made.
    Actually, I was referring to Ao Xue's singing in the series. FBB's singing is okay, but very amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_shiny
    hullo!!! oh no, most of you have finish watching it! and i still can't make a head start. dang. well, its not only because i am buried in my studies, but its also becoz i got sick last week!!! oh, poor me, i had to be absent in my classes for 2 days!
    Aw, poor you. I hope you feel better now.
    I have three exams this week, so I should really be doing more studying than watching series.

oh, so Xiao Hai ge ge has a new series? wow cool!!! is he the lead? or WXB is? hope its Xiao Hai ge ge!!! what kind of role does he play in there?
    No, Xiao Hai ge ge is unfortunately not the lead. Trust me, if he was, I'd have gladly put his name at the very front after the series title in the thread I started. Speaking of which, check out that thread to learn more about what kind of role he has.

hey, i don't think li jing rong as being old, is he old? coz he looks kinda cute to me.
    I don't think he's old either, but different people may have different standards.
    To me, he's much more handsome than cute.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I agree about FBB's singing. I mean I like her as an actress, but singing wise...It isn't her thing... My brother would always tell me that famous actors/actresses can usually sell albums because their fans like them for their acting not singing. That is true a lot times, but in my case... I would not get the album of an actor/actress unless they sing well. Ruby's singing is really bad...

I hope see this series when I have time...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Kikyo
    Unregistered

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! GONG XI FA CAI!

Hope many interesting and entertaining series are released this year so that we may be conflicted about watching series or doing homework...just kidding

I haven't seen JLTX either. I'm just commenting based on YJB I and II and JLTX's images of the characters. Hope you get better soon. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.

I haven't actually watched any ROCH adaptation yet, so this one will hopefully set the bar for me.
    Although his Ye Lu Qi as a character got fair amount of screen time in 83' ROCH, he was a somewhat 1-D character. Too noble and unbending for my tastes. Hope they give Li Jin Rong's version a bit more depth.

For anyone who's wondering, Ye Lu Qi was a Mongolian nobleman who YG met in one of his travels. He assisted YG in hiding from GJ right after he pulled that prank of pretending to be Huang Chong Yang in Chong Yang Gong. According to 83' ROCH, Ye Lu Qi is just, loyal, and extremely formal...to the point of being pedantic. His Sifu is Lau Wan Tong...seriously funny relationship as one is so comical and the other so serious. And, he falls in love with Guo Fu...right after making her feel more inferior than the dirt for 'de-limbing' YG...very interesting way to start a relationship. I also found it ironic how GJ, being once a prospective son-in-law of Genghis Khan (i.e. association by marriage to the Mongolian people), would eventually have a Mongolian son-in-law. Suppose they may swap hunting stories across the dinner table...hehehe

Xin Nian Kuai Le everyone!!!

dont worry kikyo. i am already well. hehe

really? is Ruby's voice bad? i have not heard it actually, but i heard some saying that her voice is quite good...

what do you think about Zhao Wei's voice? i like the songs she sung for Romance in the Rain, its true that her voice sometimes thin out in high notes and sounds babyish, but its kinda pleasant to the ears. i even bought the Romance in The Rain album.

fbb's voice is ok to me. i don't have any complaints in them. and since i am one of her loyal fans, i would buy her album if she ever comes out with one.

Xin Nian Kuai Le to everyone!!!

Hi Jenny!
    I am so bad.. I am sneaking on the computer again... About Ruby's voice, yea I must say that it is not good at all. Even my friend who was a big fan of hers thinks that she has a bad voice and can't sing at all.
    I actually like Vicki's voice, but I agree that it can be too high at times. However, I actually like those kinds of voices. I don't like the really high pitch at times since it can get squeaky. I have all of her albums except for her newest one. I may get it later.
    Well, I like FBB and her speaking voice as well. But her singing is a different story. I don't think that I am obligated to get her album just because I like her as an actress. Singing and acting are 2 different categories. Just because I like her as an actress doesn't mean that I have to like her as a singer.

TO Kiyko, Hope that you get better and good luck in your studies!!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Kikyo
    Unregistered

Hello to all again! Better get back on track before Spcnet administrator blasts us hehehe

I've heard that FBB in JLTX has a dancing sequence and does it pretty well. Is this true? I'm all into biomechanics of movement, whether it be martial arts, dancing, model walking down catwalk...you can analyze all of them with the same criteria really. I know of one other actress who moves with perfect grace while dancing on screen, and she's Shui Ling. But then of course, she's had formal Chinese Opera training.

This series is good, I say the story is very interesting. Bing Bing so far I heard she is sing four song. Her voice is pretty good. Her acting is so funny and very good in here. Li Jing Rong in the character gong sun Ce is more mature compare in part 1 and 2, but he is funny in here. also Zhan Zhao Li Xiao Long is cute when in young version , Now Li Zong Han in here is more funny and adorable. Excepted Bao Zheng is the one I don't like in here. But I think most of the part they show Zhan Zhao and Ao XUe so Bao Zheng is not the main lead in here.

Bing Bing did dancing in here is very good, and funny. One thing is I like to hear her sing in this seris but the story is the Princess in here didn't know how to sing, each time she sing Gong Sun Ce and Bao Zheng pretending clap their hand but they have the ear plug inside the ear. hahaha so funny. This series it seem most of the part is funny and the case is interesting than previous one. I wishes that they should keep Lu Yi in here as Bao Zheng much more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Xin Nian Kuai Le to everyone!!!

Hi Jenny!
    I am so bad.. I am sneaking on the computer again... About Ruby's voice, yea I must say that it is not good at all. Even my friend who was a big fan of hers thinks that she has a bad voice and can't sing at all.
    I actually like Vicki's voice, but I agree that it can be too high at times. However, I actually like those kinds of voices. I don't like the really high pitch at times since it can get squeaky. I have all of her albums except for her newest one. I may get it later.
    Well, I like FBB and her speaking voice as well. But her singing is a different story. I don't think that I am obligated to get her album just because I like her as an actress. Singing and acting are 2 different categories. Just because I like her as an actress doesn't mean that I have to like her as a singer.

TO Kiyko, Hope that you get better and good luck in your studies!!!
    I listen to Vicky song her voice is good lol, but not Ruby I don' tknow. But Bing Bing sing is pretty good too. have you guy listen to the song Long Summer, wow, I love the song that she sing is so good.

I've heard that FBB in JLTX has a dancing sequence and does it pretty well. Is this true?
    Yes, it's true. As long as Ao Xue didn't open her big yapper, it was all good.

Pinkdream, I totally agree with you about Bao Zheng in here. I haven't seen Lu Yi in the role yet, but Zhou Jie was definitely much better than Wang Xue Bing.

The ending of the third part was really similar to part I in that ba xian wang "sacrificed" himself for the sake of the emperor.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well trinie, see, i don't just like her. i am one of her loyal fans, so whether i like her voice or not, i will buy the album as a way of showing my support. and besides, i like her voice too. its kinda husky, but soothing to the ears.

hey pinkdream, i know that song too, yeah, its very good, you could hear how wonderful her voice is in there.

hey LZ! hey Trinie! and Hey to everyone else!

Some of my friends has found some clips.
    Anyone got some trailer, or any clips?

Thanks

Kikyo
    Unregistered

Yes, there should be a clip of the ending credits (where FBB sings). I had it downloaded but I can't find it anymore in my Real temporary files (didn't save it in favs). I think I found it from TVserieSensation thread of JLTX.

I'm thinking of buying it. I've given up on my videostore. My mum even read a magazine article on JLTX...can't believe my videostore still thinks it's non-existent or finds difficulty in getting it...they cover enough Chinese channels as it is. OK...that was my beef for the day.