Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could meet JY, what would you ask him?

Default If you could meet JY, what would you ask him?

If you could meet JY today and ask him any questions and assuming he's willing to answer them honestly. What would you ask him?

1. have you thought about writing an aftermath of hsds? if so, what will the story be like?

2. who actually zwj love deep inside his heart?

3. where is island of ice and fire, and snake island according to today's world map?

4. how long does the persians took sailing from persia to snake island?

5. how on earth xx knows that zzr is the person responsible at snake island? and how on earth zzr knows that xx knows this?

6. how will the story likely to change if zzr was raised in wudang?

7. how will the story likely to change if zwj married zzr?

8. was the suicide attempt a plot by zzr?

9. if you were to write hsds from the beginning again, how will you write it?

10. blah blah blah. hehe.

I would say, "Man, could you please translate your works into English? Oh, and by the way, writing a new wuxia story wouldn't hurt."

5. how on earth xx knows that zzr is the person responsible at snake island? and how on earth zzr knows that xx knows this?

Not sure if this is only from adaptations or from the novel, but i seem to recall that xx was not completely knocked out at snake island and while zzr was killing that Zhu Er, her Ermei ring fell to the ground and made a sound. The Ermei Ring is supposed to made of the same metal as the Dragon Sabre and Heaven sword, so the sound is unique. Later on when they get back to China, zzr ring fell again and xx immediately recognized the sound, and started to cover up but zzr saw past that and was gonna try to kill xx but the beggar clan people showed up.

1. what is happening between ROCH and HSDS? Can you write another wuxia story about that period?
    2.Who is the Yellow clothes girl? Is she perhaps grand-daughter of YG?
    3.Where did YG and XLN go after ROCH? How come GX cannot find them or hear anything about them?

Why the heck aren't you writing more novels? Run out of ideas?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

I did meet him in person before......browsing for books in a jap bookstore. I only contemplated getting his autograph then.

I guess, if I meet him like under more suitable circumstances, I might ask him what was his motivation or inspiration for writing LOCH, ROCH and heaven sword.

1. Why didn't you make Duan Yu gay and fall in love with MRF?

2. Why didn't you make YG a girl, you chauvinist?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

1. What on earth happened to Ji Xiao Fu? Stockholm's syndrome, or did she like him already before he abducted her? (This question drives me nuts will reading HSDS)

2. Did Hu Fei chop Miao Ren Feng or not? (It's a great ending, but I've lived in suspense for the past 5 years. I want the answer!)

3. Do you hate your cousin, Xu Zhi Mo, sicne you used his pen name, Yun Zhong he, to be the name of one of your rapist character's names?

4. Did Shi Po Tian eventually figure out who his parents are by himself, or did the others have to tell him?

5. What happened to Zhang San Feng on his follpwing birthdays after ZWJ left?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

1. What is the true identity of Shi Poh Tian?
    2. How did the Guo Jing and Huang Rong get their hands on the Heavy Sword? Did Yang Guo ever came back to visit his uncle and aunty Guo?
    3. What happen to Guo Fu and her husband after the fall of Xiang Yang?
    4. Which male character in your novel u like best?
    5. Which female character in you novel u like most?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I did meet him in person before......browsing for books in a jap bookstore. I only contemplated getting his autograph then.

I guess, if I meet him like under more suitable circumstances, I might ask him what was his motivation or inspiration for writing LOCH, ROCH and heaven sword.
    Lucky you! And that's a good question. These stories are so beautiful. I wonder as well where he gets the inspiration for them.

Other questions I would ask are:

1. Origins of XLN. Her life is shrouded in mystery.
    2. More details on Dugu Quibai. Who is he etc...
    3. Finally, I would ask him what happens to everyone after the end of ROCH, esp about YG and XLN.

I would ask him to sit down for a cup of tea...
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

thks Yang Guo...it was really, really by chance but that's 10 years ago!!!

I would say hi and ask
    How are you?

ask him for his email la
    den whenever question pop up can ask

thank you, cybermonk. if i remember correctly, what you say is from hsds79. i am not sure if the novel covers this as i have never read the novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberMonk

Not sure if this is only from adaptations or from the novel, but i seem to recall that xx was not completely knocked out at snake island and while zzr was killing that Zhu Er, her Ermei ring fell to the ground and made a sound. The Ermei Ring is supposed to made of the same metal as the Dragon Sabre and Heaven sword, so the sound is unique. Later on when they get back to China, zzr ring fell again and xx immediately recognized the sound, and started to cover up but zzr saw past that and was gonna try to kill xx but the beggar clan people showed up.

I would ask him a lot of questions, but I know I wouldn't be able to ask all of them. But some of them would be:
    -Are you ever going to write anymore new novels?
    -Which actors and actress do you think gave the best portrayal of your characters?
    -Which series are the best adaptions for your novels?
    -Where did YG and XLN go after they left at the end of ROCH?
    -Can you explain in detail what happened to Guo Jing and Huang Rong(like how did they die)? Did Guo Xiang come back and found out that her parents and family have all died?
    -Did ZWJ ever really love all of the girls that loved him?
    and other questions....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie,
    I think Jin Yong had already answered 2 of the questions you mentioned.

Which actors and actress do you think gave the best portrayal of your characters?
    -If I remember correctly, he said Adam Cheng as Emperor QianLong in Book and Sword was the best.

Which series are the best adaptions for your novels?
    -RoCH with Andy Lau and Idy Chan, LoCH 86 and Book and Sword with Adam.

I read the article in my local chinese newspaper like 5 months ago though...maybe my memory got fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Wai Shing
    Trinie,
    Which series are the best adaptions for your novels?
    -RoCH with Andy Lau and Idy Chan, LoCH 86 and Book and Sword with Adam.
    JY really felt ROCH with Andy Lau and Idy Chan as the best adaptions? Cool!!
    That's my favorite one too.

I thot idy chan did look too mature for an 18 year old and for personal reasons, Andy is an actor I never did feel much for then..now his acting's improved but in my opinion, still not as good. so this version did not work for me