Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: that rumour about Jolin and Jay

I saw jolin perfromed at some show on TVB8, some kinda of award shows... Sorry to say, but her dancing is not really that good. She looks like those getai dancers to me. Very over the top and trying too hard.

By the way, Stefanie (spelled this way), is Sun Yanzi, the Singaporean singer who make it big in Taiwan, took a one year break and make a comeback just recently.

Most singers can't even dance, which is why I gave her credit.

I don't think Jay and Jolin even look good together..

I saw her live performance too.

She did a great job... LIP SYNCHING.

Oh, gee. I sooooo respect her after that.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura

I dont really care whether they look good together or whether they are really together or whatever. It is just so irritating that they keep bringing this thing up again and again in interviews. BORING!!

I thought both look good together. Because they both cannot dance. However, when seperated apart, both don't look good!

Look good together because they both can't dance?? Well, then lotsa singers would look together then

Jay's dancing may not be very good, at least he doesn't try too hard and become over the top and forced like Jolin. And he makes up for it by not lip synching

beansprouts,

calm down. I know what u are saying merry christmas.

I think Stephanie is extremely skinny. I saw Jolin perform @ recent HK award show. She looked much better, I dont know if it's whether b/c she had plastic surgery or not. I did not know that she lip syncs either.

Yeah, Stef is very skinny, my mum commented before that she has the body of a ten-year old :/ But at least it isn't fake. And go look in some other thread on her, can't remember which, someone mentioned that she got found out for lip synching.

(edit)did a search, it's in the unacceptable thread. Jolin, I mean.
    Last edited by summersakura; 01-03-05 at 09:20 AM.

the only vice I know of stephanie is that she is a very heavy smoker and she admitted it herself.

Yeah, I also heard she smokes... when celebs admit stuff like this makes me respect them a little somewhat. Maybe it was the smoking that made her singing like that, but never mind cos it's doing wonders. -.- her complexion seems weird now, from what i saw sometime back on tv. I wonder why.

yanzi's complexion, in all honesty, is very poor for a female, for a female artist, its even worse. so, I think she is quite poor thing because there are all these perfect looking female artists who have flawless complexion that she faces in her line...must make her feel inadequate all the time.

but her fans love her. and I feel not just for her songs and singing but also for her as an artist too. she is ok..I find her just ok only but I really feel she should cut down on her smoking for her the sake of her health.

yes...I respect her for being honest but does not mean I think she is doing the right thing to smoke.
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-31-04 at 06:34 AM.

yes...I respect her for being honest but does not mean I think she is doing the right thing to smoke.
    Ditto.

Anyway, off topic, sorry..

seems u are on-line..happy new year SS.

Quote Originally Posted by mz43026
    I think Stephanie is extremely skinny. I saw Jolin perform @ recent HK award show. She looked much better, I dont know if it's whether b/c she had plastic surgery or not. I did not know that she lip syncs either.
    Alot of tabloids actually bother to dig out her old photos and compare to her latest photos. The difference is actually quite obvious, especially her boobs and nose. But of course Jolin and her company denied all reports that she has plastic surgery. They credit it all to the makeup...
    By the way, she definitely lip synch....

why is she so vain? sigh...why?....

One might pity her for being plucked off some competition and whirled into various kinds of packaging and practically losing her identity... first by Universal, now by Sony... She seems more like a manufactured product rather than a person. But I don't. She chose it herself.

And Happy New Year too.

I don't understand why she is so popular in Taiwan. One look at her, and the word fake comes into mind, yet she is the second best selling artiste for the second year running in Taiwan (just behind Jay Chou). Her songs aren't that great, she lip synch, she is not truly that pretty and her voice is not that good either. Why? Why, why, why????

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I don't understand why she is so popular in Taiwan. One look at her, and the word fake comes into mind, yet she is the second best selling artiste for the second year running in Taiwan (just behind Jay Chou). Her songs aren't that great, she lip synch, she is not truly that pretty and her voice is not that good either. Why? Why, why, why????
    Exactly My friend just loves her! Ugh..

I'm quite against plastic surgery though people say there's nothing wrong with it. Shrugs.. I keep seeing Jolin as the female Michael Jackson nowadays.

Exactly My friend just loves her! Ugh..

I'm quite against plastic surgery though people say there's nothing wrong with it. Shrugs.. I keep seeing Jolin as the female Michael Jackson nowadays.
    I am kinda neutral towards plastic surgery, if a particular artiste has so little confidence in his/her looks that he/she would go for plastic surgery, by all means go ahead. Beauty is not eternal, we will all grow old some day.

The thing that irk me so much is that the artistes totally deny that they have any surgery when it is so damn obvious. Give me a break! Who are they trying to kid??