Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: that rumour about Jolin and Jay

i thought Yi Fu Zi Ming was kinda nice. a bit different from his other songs in da album. but must admit da opera lady was a bit
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Oh haha, we are done with dissing Jolin?? Hmm, but I am not quite done dissing her yet... Let's talk about Jolin latest album instead, that little remix piece of crap. It is such a pathetic little attempt by the recording company to earn more money from the fans.

Anyway, since the thread has dear Jay's name on it, let's include him in the discussion too. In case anybody haven't realize, I am a fan of Jay, which is why I only diss that stupid Jolin. Went to his concert and had a blast!! It was simply incredible to see Jay performing live. One thing that Jay has over Jolin is that he has true blue talent and do not need any plastic surgery or dumb gimmicks to win over his fans.

Ok... i am sure there are Jay haters around... go ahead and blast him. I will try not to be too b-itchy back to you.

NO! I'm not done dissing that little piece of tau geh sheeeeet. Let's do things simultaneously. I hate her remix album. Remixes are pointless, and I listened to them online, they all sound exactly the same. Plus Ayumi's the one who's been releasing remix albums all along. And the covers U! G! L! Y! What's with that bath towel around her head? Doesn't look artistic in anyway.

Jay's great, really, though I'm not a hardcore listener.
    Last edited by summersakura; 01-06-05 at 08:20 AM.

One thing that Jay has over Jolin is that he has true blue talent and do not need any plastic surgery or dumb gimmicks to win over his fans.
    Of course! Jay's not handsome enough to have done his face.. *ducks* And even if he did, I still respect him cos he's talented.

Hmm... I agree Jay is not exactly one of the best looking male singers around. The honour of being an absolutely drop dead gorgeous male singer goes to Wang Lee Hom. But then again, if plastic surgery is suppose to make a singer looks better, then obviously Jolin had a foiled plastic surgery job done. Her surgeon is probably not very good.

I am not totally against remix album. There are alot of cases where remixes are done properly and can sound better than the original version. Or give a completely different feel to the same song. I have the linkin park remix album ReAnimation, and its great. What's the thing that irked me about Jolin dumb remix is that its a blatant attempt to earn more money from fans. Its bad enough she lies about undergoing plastic surgery, now she has to come up with some stupid lousy remix album to earn more money... so she can have more plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by annaij7211
    i thought Yi Fu Zi Ming was kinda nice. a bit different from his other songs in da album. but must admit da opera lady was a bit
    , I understand what you mean. That song is not suitable for listening at night, when you are cuddling up in bed. That 's the song "In the Name of Father". The MV was really cool. Jay had his hair slicked back, and had the role of a Mafia head.

Nah, I'm not done with Joylin yet. Her remix album reminds me of the times when Ayumi had wrapped up the contents of the same album under different covers, and presented it as "a collector's item". Students are too poor to buy 'em.

Then Joylin came up with her remix, an album I would feel embarassed to play on a decent party. "Ai Qing San Shi Liu Zi, Jiu Xiang Yi Chang You Xi...."

Errr...the lyrics don't read common sense to me...

ok, jolin-dissing back by popular demand.

da only jolin songs dat i like r written by jay. her lack of music talent seems kinda obvious. i mean, 1 of da reason 4 da endless dancing in her concert is dat she needs sumfing 2 cover up her crappy singing!

jay's definitely not good looking. but dat's 1 reason y he's so widely appreciated. he's actually talented!!! not like other "singers" who's only got da look, or, in sum ppl's case (glare @ da title of da threat) da fake look.
    Last edited by annaij7211; 01-07-05 at 04:29 AM.
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

A singer is a singer. A dancer is a dancer. If her specialty is supposed to be dancing she might as well go into backup dancing, pole dancing, bartop dancing, belly dancing or whatever dancing.

I do have her albums Magic and Castle at home, the SONGS are not bad, especially the ones Jay wrote, but the singer can be replaced easily. If you know what I mean.

Well... long ago, when Michael Jackson was still undeniably the King of Pop, when he ruled the airwaves, when he was still black, when he was still shattering records everywhere, when he wasn't a standing joke like he is now, when... well, you get the point.

He could sing AND dance.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

If one is a SINGER, I think good dancing is just a bonus..

Yup. That I agree.

But then, Jolin ain't no Usher.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

i really don't dare to read more bout what you guys wrote bout jolin.....cuz i'm a big fan of hers(i'm sure u know right,strawberry?)

Sorry...

Well, lots of people here don't exactly like Jolin, so if you ever see her name on this forum perhaps you'd stay away ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Its bad enough she lies about undergoing plastic surgery, now she has to come up with some stupid lousy remix album to earn more money... so she can have more plastic surgery.

It's pretty funny the way you keep relating her to plastic surgery.

*puffs up with pride* I had classmates who have triple eyelids and they're natural!

In truth, I didn't really despise her that much until I went to see a live performance. By then, I KNEW that she STUNK. A lot.

It's one thing to lip-sync. (if people here can STILL accept it) But when she really attempted to sing some of her ballads, and they all went so horribly flat and off-key... well, I despised her a lot then and was glad that I didn't pay a single cent to go to that mini-concert.
    Swifty, Writing

People? Accepting lip-synch-ing? Well, perhaps if they're obsessed enough to pay big bucks just to be seated a few hundred metres from where she is.

I really have a big problem with Jolin having plastic surgery and denying it. Which is why I keep refering to it. Being able to dance well is an added bonus to being a singer, but if the so called singer can't even sing well to begin with, I think she should start brushing up her singing before attempting to dance.

I agree with summersakura about the how easily the singer can be replace... anybody can sing jolin's songs, probably better than she can. While its not easy to sing Jay's song... people who attempt to sing his song usually came off sounding really crappy. (P.S. anybody who watched Singapore idol will know... remember the horrible rendition of an jing by Sylvester??)

I don't know about others but I cannot stand singers who lip synch. Heck, if I pay good money to watch a concert, the singer better sing live (and sing it well), otherwise i rather sit at home and listen to the damn CD.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    When she was still with Universal, pre-plastic surgery I heard there were people calling her a pirated Ruby Lin.

Now she's a pirated Ayumi. poor girl.

My friend thinks she can't handle fast songs or slow songs... agreed. sony works hard to make her albums for her but her singing isnt good enough. I'll give her credit for dancing though.
    I don't feel her dancing is that great. Maybe she dances like S.H.E. but that's all. Slow songs are okay I think but she can't handle fast tracks. I think I can find girls in Singapore that look(naturally) better and sing better than her but joylin's got the luck. I wonder how was she found by recording companies in the first place. I mean, she didn't look good at that time and her voice was still raw. Yet, they already branded her as a "Teenage-boys Killer". Well, she didn't kill me at that time though.

I don't think her dancing is that great either, but it looks like she put in more effort into that compared to her singing..

(P.S. anybody who watched Singapore idol will know... remember the horrible rendition of an jing by Sylvester??)
    Exactly! Why's everyone so in love with it?

Anyway, for all those in Singapore, have you read Teen's article on Jolin? The Dec issue. I'll quote bits and pieces from it.

----------

SHE CAN SING!

This is an undeniable fact- Jolin has a good voice. This is the only way a singer can stay alive while in the often fickle and cruel Mandopop world for a full five years, and counting.

(a few scrolls down the column)

SHE'S REALLY PRETTY, AND CUTE, AND KIND... AND VERY SEXY!

.........................................And despite rumours of her receiving surgical help to achieve her wonderful figure, we reckon she's done it all with lots of hard work, and self-control. One of the major factors of the change in her figure is dieting, and Jolin says that there's absolutely nothing in this world that could tempt her to break her diet. .................................................. ...........

The disciplined beauty (coughcough) keeps off most sweet stuff, even if other people use it as a reward. .................................................. .......

But dieting couldn't have increased her bust size, could it? The amazing display of her G-cup boobs in her concert shocked the daylights out of the media, immediately sparking rumours of cosmetic surgery yet again. But according to Jolin, all it took was Traditional Chinese medicines, acupuncture and aromatherapy massage. With the help of these things, she's been able to go from an A-cup to a C-cup, already quite an achievement. Add in a very good bra and padding, and you get a buxom beauty.

"I'm really not that busty! If I really had G-cup boobs, I'd have gone and shot a pictorial book for posterity a long time ago!" The gal laughs when asked about her figure. And according to Jolin, her G-cup boobs won't appear unless there's a special occason, like an award ceremony or at her concert.

(lots of other stuff)

-----------------------------------
    *Has had a good time laughing*

Never liked Teens that much anyway. Always liked Teenage better.