Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: that rumour about Jolin and Jay

Quote Originally Posted by TuToo

imo, the old Jolin looks better than the new one. thanx for the pix, bcuz i was wondering who she is

I think the old one looks better too...

Ah, have not updated for a day... but apparently the anti-jolin are still as strong as ever.
    Hmm, I find it interesting that some of the posters actually went to see Jolin live before. And even went for her autograph signing session.
    I have heard the song 看我72变 before, but never paid attention to the lyrics. Oh, duh, it has one of the stupidest lyrics I have ever heard in a song. I can handle rubbishy love ballads.... but 看我72变 is truly trash.

让鼻子再高一点空气才新鲜
    Yeah right.... that totally explains why i always breathe in un-fresh air, must be the height of my nose. I should just do what she did, get a nose job to breathe in some fresh air...

You people are not doing justice to Jolin's "unrivalled beauty". It not fair to do that to her, you know, her beauty doesn't come that easily.

Jolin's Beautiful Photo

Oh, the more beautiful girl on the left side is Ayumi Hamasaki. Same style, huh?

I saw at other forums, there were people dissing her too. About lip-synching and fake boobies. I'll quote a text:

"She sang and then stop and dance a little, but suddenly the vocal came back but she wasn't singing and her microphone was on her hand while dancing. She got embarrased and continue lip synching. Anybody got the video to download? It was her 2nd performance of that show."

I not sure whether it's true or exaggerating because I think only Eliar Swiftfire had been to her concert before. However, I had a great time laughing.

Oh, there's a nice website on our beloved Jolin. Here's the link:
    http://sg.geocities.com/ayuorigin/

Check it up. It noted all the similarities between Ayumi and Jolin. Also an interview on Jolin in which she claims "After all, I am the first and original Jolin Tsai."

Edit: Regarding that quoted text, it was obtained from http://tama.xepher.net/fate/forum/viewforum.php?
    Last edited by Watchwacky; 01-14-05 at 09:38 AM.

Some artistes copy a little from others, that's understandable as it may actually be a coincidence. But don't you think there are toooo many coincidences? Plus it's not just the clothes, but the things they do... remix albums, plastic surgery.. Ayumi will always be better than her!

She even copied Yuna from FFX for goodness sake!

But frankly speaking, I don't think Cyndi is copying Jolin; it is possible that they're being pitted against each other by their companies but people should use the word 'copy' correctly. E.G. JOLIN COPIES AYUMI.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Ah, have not updated for a day... but apparently the anti-jolin are still as strong as ever.
    Hmm, I find it interesting that some of the posters actually went to see Jolin live before. And even went for her autograph signing session.
    Yes, I am utterly ashamed of myself. I bathe 3 times a day since then, yet I couldn't wash away the filth (and sin) from my once-innocent (and still totally sexy) body.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Some artistes copy a little from others, that's understandable as it may actually be a coincidence. But don't you think there are toooo many coincidences? Plus it's not just the clothes, but the things they do... remix albums, plastic surgery.. Ayumi will always be better than her!

She even copied Yuna from FFX for goodness sake!

But frankly speaking, I don't think Cyndi is copying Jolin; it is possible that they're being pitted against each other by their companies but people should use the word 'copy' correctly. E.G. JOLIN COPIES AYUMI.
    Did you see the pic of the necklace? She's far too cheap to copy almost every aspect of Ayumi. Even the necklace looks the same. I thought of posting the pics directly here, but the function has been disabled. If you click on the link to the Lime Magazine article, go read all the crap she said. Is she really that brainless? Does beauty mean so much to her?

[Quote article]
    ...As she smugly puts it, "At first glance, I'm not that much to look at. But when I'm on stage, I'm explosive." ...

Who the heck does she think she is?
    http://lime.mediacorppublishing.com/...coverstory.htm

I am having fun dissing Jolin too Somebody should change the topic to "Let's diss Jolin!" instead of the current one... hehe.

Like I said before, I am still waiting for her fans to come and defend her behavior... hmm, looks like her fans ain't that supportive of her afterall. If anybody try dissing Jay the way we are attacking Jolin, I sure wouldn't sit back and relax.

It might be possible that she has an eating disorder... isn't this sort of stuff suppose to be common among the female artistes? Some female artiste once commented that in the entertainment industry, its ok for a female artiste to be not very pretty and not very talented, but it is an absolute must that she cannot be fat. By the way, their definition of fat is kinda different from us. Fat to them is weighing over 45 kg when you are only 1.6 m.

>dun worry!I'm a jolin fan and i'm still here.....can't really visit this forum too much cuz having difficulties in my studies..haiz...i think the lyrics for 72 bian is dumb too but she didn't wrote the song did she?

The thing is, what is the purpose of those lyrics?

Anyway, good to see you! you can argue with us to keep us happy. -.- and you might want to know why people hate her so much..

"Yes, my record company picks some of my outfits and they've hired a Japanese stylist to work with me. But if I chance upon something I think looks good on me, I'll suggest we use it in my concert or for the next album's image. We always discuss our ideas so I'm never forced to wear anything I don't like," says Jolin.
    Quoted this from LIME's cover story on her.

See? the excuse about having the same stylist as Ayumi doesn't vindicate her. She chooses her own clothes.

Why...why... why??
    Why are the fans so blind that they cannot see how utterly fake and pretentious she is??
    Not writing the song's lyrics doesn't excuse her for singing such a S-T-U-P-I-D song. Don't tell me she has no control over what song she sings. She can choose her own clothes, she surely can choose what song she sings.

Now lets compare.

When the SG actress Florence Tan won star search, the media interviewed her about what she thought about her acting and she answered, "I'm the champion, what do you think?" (or something along the lines of that) People hated her cos they thought she was arrogant. Frankly speaking, I see that as honest, she wasn't pretentiously modest unlike another star I shan't name.

Then Jolin's a big liar, denies the obvious about her plastic surgery, credits the difference in her nose to loss of baby fat (??! What did they do, perform liposuction on her nose?) and denies copying Ayumi, and claims to be original. What a sucker. Yet everyone loves her to bits.

And I see people going, "She's so pretty and cute, and her songs so nice!" FANG PI. Like she made them herself.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Then Jolin's a big liar, denies the obvious about her plastic surgery, credits the difference in her nose to loss of baby fat (??! What did they do, perform liposuction on her nose?) and denies copying Ayumi, and claims to be original. What a sucker. Yet everyone loves her to bits.

And I see people going, "She's so pretty and cute, and her songs so nice!" FANG PI. Like she made them herself.
    What?! She actually credit the difference in her nose to the loss of baby fat?? She is not just fake and pretentious, we can add S-P-A-S-T-I-C and R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D to the list.
    Yes... its 放屁!!

Well... maybe not exactly, cant recall what exactly she said, it was in the papers ages ago but she was denying the plastic surgery and said something about her difference in looks being due to loss of baby fat. But oh well its the same.

I don't have chinese input... Boohoo.

She may not have said that exactly... but she's still spastic and retarded. On top of being fake, pretentious and a liar.

I love calling her names.....

She's sooo trying to be Ayumi. Well, both are money-making machines but I'm only willing to pay for original Ayumi stuff. Jolin's Magic Album an exception, cos the SONGS are not bad, I have to give credit to the poor suckers who slogged their guts out just to end up giving Jolin credit for all their songs. Though it'll just end up counting under JOLIN's album sales There's not a single cover song in there. As for Jolin's Castle album I bought the parallel import Go ahead and laugh at me for buying her CDs... *squats and covers head* Oh well, she can use the money for more plastic surgery and we can make more fun or her.

Why...why... why??
    Why are the fans so blind that they cannot see how utterly fake and pretentious she is??
    Not writing the song's lyrics doesn't excuse her for singing such a S-T-U-P-I-D song. Don't tell me she has no control over what song she sings. She can choose her own clothes, she surely can choose what song she sings.

>now that u mention it,she doesn't have control over what songs she sings..i watched this show called "fan club" and she admitted that she didn't really want to sing a song from her 72 bian album at first etc...etc..back to the original topic,i do think that they USED TO date(no offense.this is just a personal opinion!hehe...i wouldn't want to be bashed up by all u jay fans)....cuz i heard that they went to japan 2gether or sth...i dun really like all the rumours bout her lip-singing.issit true?i mean i went to one of her concerts and she sounds live to me but if there's a rumour,then there's always a chance that it might be true!that i absolutely will not accept..i pay to hear her sing live not lip-synch!duh....if i just want to hear her songs,i might as well listen to it at home(actually,i quote this from beansprout...hope u dun mind)oh yeah,i have 1 ques to ask u pros.how do u quote like a sentence from a very long comment?thanks in advance!

to summersakura:i'd be glad to entertain u.....though i can only visit spcnet on weekends(bummer huh?)

Well...besides discovering how many Jolin-haters there are in this forum, I've also found out that stereotypes are well and alive.

It's kind of stupid to assume that a Jolin fan or a Twins fan would be bad at English or be one of those teenyboppers who bounce around and scream everytime they see their favourite idol appearing on TV or in a magazine. Admittedly, I like Jolin and her music and I think she's quite pretty (despite the rumours of plastic surgery). And although I've never heard her sing live, or even seen her in real life, I hear and watch her in those live music awards (like the TVB8 Music Awards) and she sounds pretty good to me, though not among the likes of Joey Yung, Miriam Yeung etc.

And Mysterious, ummmm I think you put [*QUOTE] long sentence which you can copy and paste [*/QUOTE], but there might be an easier way; I don't post here often so yeah ^^ Hope that helps!

to summersakura:i'd be glad to entertain u.....though i can only visit spcnet on weekends(bummer huh?)
    uh hehe... ^^" it is a bummer, but if you don't really like reading these kind of comments it's fine..

I don't care who made Jolin sing the song.. herself or the company. The thing is, what is it telling us about Jolin?

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Mei
    Well...besides discovering how many Jolin-haters there are in this forum, I've also found out that stereotypes are well and alive.

It's kind of stupid to assume that a Jolin fan or a Twins fan would be bad at English or be one of those teenyboppers who bounce around and scream everytime they see their favourite idol appearing on TV or in a magazine. Admittedly, I like Jolin and her music and I think she's quite pretty (despite the rumours of plastic surgery). And although I've never heard her sing live, or even seen her in real life, I hear and watch her in those live music awards (like the TVB8 Music Awards) and she sounds pretty good to me, though not among the likes of Joey Yung, Miriam Yeung etc.

And Mysterious, ummmm I think you put [*QUOTE] long sentence which you can copy and paste [*/QUOTE], but there might be an easier way; I don't post here often so yeah ^^ Hope that helps!
    I don't think you truly get why we think Jolin fans have bad english, etc. I don't know how to explain it myself so I'll leave it be.

Like beansprouts said in an earlier post, there's no smoke without fire. More than one person has witnessed her lip-syncing, and even if she doesn't do it on some occasions, I don't see how she ought to be forgiven. And how do you know she wasn't lip syncing on the live music awards?

Also, what do you like about Jolin?

She does not lip synch ALL her songs in a concert, just the quicker ones where she has to dance and sing. (it'll be STUPID of her to lip synch everything)

But well, whether you wanna believe or not is up to you. You are a fan, and I don't want to be so cruel to take away what you people believe in.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo