Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: that rumour about Jolin and Jay

seriously no to S.H.E?wow,that's like such a surprise....cuz their fans r soooooo ubiquitous
    I think both Jolin and Cyndi have much more talent than them..

this may not be relevant to the topic, but i think Janice is raw talent with no cosmetic surgery. just purebred beauty and singing skills.
    飄移

Who's Janice?

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Who's Janice?
    what do u mean who's janice?

go on yahoo.com.hk and click music. you'll find her there.
    飄移

I see. It's just that I never heard of her before.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    I think both Jolin and Cyndi have much more talent than them..
    -lol! u're soooo funny!btw,did u and beansprout bash jolin on her new album yet?i hope i haven't missed it cuz i'd like to be the only fan who actually stand up 4 her b4 i forget,did u guys know that someone within the entertainment circle is trying 2 woo jolin?i wonder who it is...........could it be wilber,xiao zhu or lee hom?(i heard from a fren that there's this rumour about him being gay! )

I have never heard of Janice before either, who's she anyway? I suppose she's a HK singer, I don't follow the HK music scene, sorry.

No, I haven't bash her new album, becasue I have not heard any songs from the new album yet. Going by her past albums, I can imagine how this album sounds like - basically nothing that I will like.

As far as rumours go, the last time I heard was that Xiao Zhu was linked with Selina from SHE. Lee Hom was supposedly wooing A-mei. As for Wilber, he's trying to lose weight, yet again. My news are pretty outdated, anybody has more updated news?

well as much as i like jolin,i can't deny the fact that she sang this song(from the album j-game) that was originally sang by Jem,entitled "them"...........(i think,i'm not really sure of the title...)it really urks me that chinese singers like to sing the chinese version real good english songs and pass it off as their own....yeah,yeah,i know,they probably had the permission but it's still ......................take cyndi for eg,i was and still am soooo pissed at her cuz she turn this really nice song called "the day u went away" by m2m into utter crap

I agree, I am pretty sick of Mandopop singers doing cover songs. There are plenty of excellent chinese songwriters and composers around, they do not need to look for popular songs in other languages and do covers of them. I think those artistes who do covers are just out for a quick buck, since the song was succeful in their original language, they probably will be successful in another language as well.

u r sooo right! they're just doing it 4 quick cash!how low can these ppl get?exploiting other's talents and efforts......................

I prefer the original version by Jem.

On J-game, I like Xu Yuan Chi De Xi La Shao Nv and Suan Tian. I personally feel that the lack of Jay tracks made the "other" tracks go up in standard but I still prefer the Jay compositions. I don't even like Jay Chou that much :P

I still dislike Jolin or Cyndi, but not as much as before, they've been improving in their singing and I heard Jolin is taking piano lessons whereas Cyndi is learning the guitar.

Speaking about Cyndi's M2M cover (which I thought she butchered), she covered another of Hitomi Shimatani's songs on her latest albums. I totally agree that cpop cover songs suck, there's no fresh material and most of the time it isn't as good as the original. For me it's ok to cover oldies but I find it cheap when they cover a peer's song.
    Last edited by summersakura; 01-01-06 at 12:39 PM.