Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Kiu Fung lose any fights pre-DGSD?

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Maybe they dont come back since they know XF is young and still improving. So they don't have a snowball's chance in hell. Or when fightiig XF, they saw for themselves that incredible fighting spirit and just knew in their guts they will lose again and again and again.

Kinda like, Master A gets beaten by 20 year old XF using Shaolin Long Fist.

2 yrs later, after Master A trains hard and improves 20%, he goes to look for XF.

Random guy tell him : Hey you know that XF fella just learnt Dragon Palms?

Master A goes home and looks for the golden basin.
    *Laughs* talk about shattered...

Or the Qin Long Shou, Dragon Capturing Hand. That actually made Feng Bo E shit his pants, and he's not a person to easily do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    The answer again is why would JY hype up the hero in his novel and then go on and show that its all hype and the hero is overrated?
    JY says Xiao Feng has not lost a fight. You then automatically assume the best scenario, one in which Xiao Feng owed the glory all to himself. When people point out evidence from the novel that offers other possibilities, you automatically disregard them because they lessen the godliness of your hero. Way to go!

Your unyielding hero worshipping is obvious, but I suggest you reduce the inverse ad hominem on Xiao Feng (the character) if you want to be objective these discussions.

Some may notice that I point out Xiao Feng's (the character) weakness a lot on this forum. It only happens because of people such as Xiao Feng (the poster) who are determined to glorify their hero at all cost. If people on another forum underestimate Xiao Feng's strength, I would step up to make him stronger in their mind.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Your unyielding hero worshipping is obvious
    The nick says it all doesn't it?

JY says Xiao Feng has not lost a fight. You then automatically assume the best scenario, one in which Xiao Feng owed the glory all to himself. When people point out evidence from the novel that offers other possibilities, you automatically disregard them because they lessen the godliness of your hero. Way to go!
    Well, being a XF fan there will always be the slight biasness in me. And where have I automatically dismiss all the evidence pointed out. Its a few facts in the book that some interpret as having taken its part in XF winning streak. I argued that it might not. I also gave my point of view. Automatically disregarding would be to come into this topic and say "Why can't all of you acknowledge that XF is a scaled down version of god?" and reply everything anybody else says with inane ramblings that have utterly no relation to the discussion. If you think I'm the XF fan here who can't discuss about XF objectively, you've got the wrong guy here.

Some may notice that I point out Xiao Feng's (the character) weakness a lot on this forum. It only happens because of people such as Xiao Feng (the poster) who are determined to glorify their hero at all cost. If people on another forum underestimate Xiao Feng's strength, I would step up to make him stronger in their mind.
    What you want/intend to do really doesn't matter to me. Like I've said, I've never ever tried to hid ethe fact that I'm hardcore. And because of that there will always be a certain biasness unless i try real hard. But I can be objective as I've shown during my time here. So again, you got the wrong guy.
    Last edited by Xiao Feng; 11-29-04 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Some may notice that I point out Xiao Feng's (the character) weakness a lot on this forum.
    may i ask where did you post them ? because i'd like to read them myself. thanx in advance
    i.am.2too.

Xiao Feng has never lost in any fights in his entire life.

JY said that XF has defeated many fighters above his level in terms of Kungfu Techniques or inner power. And he only needed a few moves to beat any of them. Even Xiao Feng himself does not understand how and why he was able to do such amazing feats.

Quote Originally Posted by TuToo
    may i ask where did you post them ? because i'd like to read them myself. thanx in advance
    Well, they're literally scattered throughout the forum. Some people have told me that I am somehow anti Xiao Feng, but in fact he is the hero I admire the most in the Jin Yong universe. Nuff said.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    XF might have had weakness but i doubt that he has any weakness in the field of martial arts. I suggest those who still think that he has weakness to read again and again the short passage in the book, when he was chasing after his father.
    And if this is not enough for u, u can also check in LOCH, the second version of the book, when H7G teaches GJ the dragon palms, it is also stated that XF in his time, had never needed to use more than 3 dragon palms in a row to subdue his opponents.

How many palms did XF use against MRF, YTZ, MRB, XYS etc. ?

How many Shaolin Dragon Claws did reverend Kongxing use to fight Zhang Wu Ji after it was said that he never used more than 12 Dragon Claws in his "time"? How many did he use against Ah 3 until Ah 3 broke his claw attacks and chopped his head off?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Well, I guess it wouldn't sound too impressive to GJ if H7G told him

"This set of palms I'm going to teach you, well, the greatest beggar sect fighter ever was chucking em out non-stop for like an hour and those 2 born losers he was fighting still didn't go down."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    When XYS rescued XF from the mansion and brought him to a cave, he slapped XF once, but when he tried to do it a second time, this time XF defended himself, they exchanged about 20 moves if my memory is not wrong, but each time XF, although badly injured, was able to block his father's moves. And what was his father's reaction? since u've read the book u should know it.
    Now about the other guys, i don't remeber correctly how many palms did he use to send them back when he got ganged up by the 3 losers at shaolin.But i seem to remember that he sent them back rapidly when they all come to him.But when he got the help of his two brothers, he defeated YTZ rapidly, again i don't remember how many palms did he used but i'm pretty sure that he did it in a few moves.
    The only time in the book he exchanges palms with MRB is when he was chasing after him, and what MRB says to himself when he received that range palm from XF?

To CC: that statement in LOCH is not made by H7G, but by an omniscient narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Well, I guess it wouldn't sound too impressive to GJ if H7G told him

"This set of palms I'm going to teach you, well, the greatest beggar sect fighter ever was chucking em out non-stop for like an hour and those 2 born losers he was fighting still didn't go down."
    murong fu and you tan zi are not born losers. theyre one of the top fighters in dgsd. youtanzi has superior inner energy and icy poison and murong fu has the combat experience and techniques. + they worked well together by covering each others weaknesses. + before qiaofeng took them on, he was blasting ding chu qiu. then he took on all 3 of them for a while. in ju xiang zhuang he beat up a few hundred fighters with basic moves. + he wasnt even at peak capacity. he had previously used up alot of his inner energy to keep ah zhu alive

when H7G teaches GJ the dragon palms, it is also stated that XF in his time, had never needed to use more than 3 dragon palms in a row to subdue his opponents.

Was it "no one" could stand 3palms or only a hand full of people could withstand more than 3palms?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East
    And if this is not enough for u, u can also check in LOCH, the second version of the book, when H7G teaches GJ the dragon palms, it is also stated that XF in his time, had never needed to use more than 3 dragon palms in a row to subdue his opponents.
    IIRC, it said there are rarely anybody who could take on 3 of his palms. I don't remember it said nobody can't.

Can someone cut and paste that original chinese text of the quote here please?

In any case, JY does get a bit inconsistent sometimes. So if it was narrated that 'no one' instead of 'few' could stand up to his 3 palms, we all know thats not possible from the events in DGSD.

'Few' could stand up to TSTL, Xu Zhu, Sweeper, MRB, JMZ, LOCH Greats 2-3 palms too in any case.
    Last edited by CC; 01-30-05 at 09:31 PM.

I've just checked this passage, the statement starts by something like 'XF used the Dragon palms to fight heroes with great fame all over the world; all were powerless against his palms'; additionally, u have 'very few people could resist three moves from XF' to make it even more impressive.
    Note that this is the Vietnamese version, but i think that the translation from Chinese to Vietnamese is 99% accurate.Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Now CC i do agree with you that sometimes JY might be inconsistent but i don't think he is in the description of XF's lvl of martial arts and his fighting skills.I mean all the information u can gather from the book, seem to go in one way for me, which is that XF is undefeated in his lifetime. You are right, very few people can take on 3 palms from the people u mention, but the fact is JY didn't not mention that those people can defeat some1 who has better inner energy or better techniques than themselves. And can any of the characters u mention, defend himself against some1 like XYS, whereas they are badly injured? XF did it, and i doubt any of the characters u mention, can do this.

'very few people could resist three moves from XF'
    Well that's the main point isn't it, which we have been telling you. Let's see that list of "very few" people:

- Sweeper Monk
    - TSTL
    - LQS
    - MRB
    - XYS
    - MRF
    - YTZ
    - XZ
    - DY
    - DCQ (although you could argue that XF's 3x KLHH almost smashed him into pieces if he didn't dodge it)

And can any of the characters u mention, defend himself against some1 like XYS, whereas they are badly injured? XF did it, and i doubt any of the characters u mention, can do this.
    Because daddy didn't want to kill his son. If it were MRB, XF would be dead meat.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East
    I've just checked this passage, the statement starts by something like 'XF used the Dragon palms to fight heroes with great fame all over the world; all were powerless against his palms'; additionally, u have 'very few people could resist three moves from XF' to make it even more impressive.
    Note that this is the Vietnamese version, but i think that the translation from Chinese to Vietnamese is 99% accurate.Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
    This is clearly wrong.

In the 2nd edition of LOCH, Xiao Feng's name was never mentioned.

In the new 3rd edition, it as said that "Leader Qiao of the Northern Song Dynasty" was the greatest hero in the history of the Beggar Brotherhood. But nowhere did it say that 'XF used the Dragon palms to fight heroes with great fame all over the world; all were powerless against his palms'; 'very few people could resist three moves from XF'.

Clearly the Vietnamese translator put his own opinions and comments in the translation.

Being a trained Chinese translator myself, I get very angry about this kind of stuff.

Now CC i do agree with you that sometimes JY might be inconsistent but i don't think he is in the description of XF's lvl of martial arts and his fighting skills.I mean all the information u can gather from the book, seem to go in one way for me, which is that XF is undefeated in his lifetime.
    Zhang Sanfeng too was undefeated in his lifetime. And his lifetime was 80 years longer than Xiao Feng's.

You are right, very few people can take on 3 palms from the people u mention, but the fact is JY didn't not mention that those people can defeat some1 who has better inner energy or better techniques than themselves.
    These are two different things: Xiao Feng did defeat people who had better internal power/techniques than him in the past, and very few people can take on three palms from the Xiao Feng in his early thirties... But that doesn't mean the young Xiao Feng defeated people with better internal power/techniques with three palm strokes or less.

Furthermore, the whole thing about "three palm strikes" is debatable. In Chapter 15 of DGSD, Xiao Feng mentioned that Gongye Gan could take on three of his palm strokes, albeit with great effort. Gongye Gan was merely one of the four bannermen of Murong Fu.

And can any of the characters u mention, defend himself against some1 like XYS, whereas they are badly injured? XF did it, and i doubt any of the characters u mention, can do this.
    Please note that Xiao Yuanshan is Xiao Feng's FATHER. He merely tried to slap him, not kill him. Their fight was a contest of techniques, more like a chess game of advanced martial arts techniques, without any real danger.

General comment: Xiao Feng is of course a superb fighter, we all agree on that. His unbeatable martial prowess has been discussed ad nauseum. But still some people want to make Xiao Feng seem more impressive than he already is, and their efforts are, IMO, quite redundant. Hero worshipping is fine, but too much becomes annoying.

Just my 2 Eurocents...
    Last edited by Laviathan; 01-31-05 at 11:51 AM.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    This is clearly wrong.

In the 2nd edition of LOCH, Xiao Feng's name was never mentioned.

In the new 3rd edition, it as said that "Leader Qiao of the Northern Song Dynasty" was the greatest hero in the history of the Beggar Brotherhood. But nowhere did it say that 'XF used the Dragon palms to fight heroes with great fame all over the world; all were powerless against his palms'; 'very few people could resist three moves from XF'.

Clearly the Vietnamese translator put his own opinions and comments in the translation.

Being a trained Chinese translator myself, I get very angry about this kind of stuff.
    no wonder I couldn't find it in the chinese verison. I was using a translating machine, cuting down that paragraph from sentence to sentence. Now I am mad, since I wasted 30min doing that when it is not even there.

anyways, I am going mark that line out of my book.

This "Xiao Feng can drink 20 gallons of wine and blast *victim* into oblivion in half-a-stance" threads are starting to overtake GJ vs YG as the most oft-repeated topic on this board.

IMHO, no one here seriously says XF sucks or that he is below LOCH Great levels. But stuff like him blowing away GJ in 10 strokes and being able to drink 100 litres of wine and beat up everything under the sun is as Lav said 'quite annoying'.