Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Breakthrough 《天涯俠醫》

I just finish watching chapter 13 where in Kenya Leila promise if one day she falls in love with him , she'll tell him........they made a promise under the tree and sunset.

I think this promise will bome back to them later on in the story development, maybe when she finds out that Ken has cancer.

ok people ep 20 is gonna be good .. buh im only on 19..buh 20 is gonna be reallie good thats what i think ...a lot of romance stuff on 20... can't wait to watch it
    bu bu jing xin

this is all i know so far... they later date for a while.. but then leila feels sry for yoyo... since yoyo really loves raymond.. and she and bosco pretend their going out.....

no he doesnt have it yet in eps 20... nothing much.. so far.. excpet stuff going on between nick and sonjia..... and leila and raymond........ der.. but ya..

its been awhile since i came back to this site, but this series is been amazing soo far. very good actors and good series threw out

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tomato
    Ray's love triangle. Is it Ray-Leila-Sharon or Ray-Leila-Mimi?!!

I strongly believe that Ray and Leila will end up together (unless he dies of cancer)
    No, it's definitely not Mimi. She is happily married in this series.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

just a question... does bosco like leila?

Quote Originally Posted by frAnni
    just a question... does bosco like leila?
    Yes he does

Quote Originally Posted by xBabieChinkGurlx
    no he doesnt have it yet in eps 20... nothing much.. so far.. excpet stuff going on between nick and sonjia..... and leila and raymond........ der.. but ya..
    lols.. ohh whut i mean was 20 or on.. not on ep 20.. im like saying 20 something ..soe yeahs.. soe for the mistaken
    bu bu jing xin

Am thoroughly enjoying Last Breakthrough Anticipating Episode 20, for sure. Can't wait for Nick and Sonija to end up together... and the progessive nature of Leila and Raymond's relationship is highly encouraging...

Although I simply cannot stand Sharon... I wonder why she always gets such characters to play (remember in Dream of Colours?)
    http://daybeel.blogspot.com
    http://daybee-e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by delia_k_00
    That is a good point you bring up, but many a times, within a hospital setting, nurses and clinicians take care in washing their hands and stuff anyway, so gloves aren't really that necessary - it's just an extra precaution for safety, gives the patient piece of mind to see them wear gloves and also can prevent medico-legal litigation in future in regards to OH&S.

In Africa however, resources are scarce. You'd think that if they could afford to bring disposable syringes that they'd have enough money to buy disposable gloves. But you have to think what are they going to do with all the hazardous waste (used syringes, used swabs etc). All hospitals in the western world would have facilities to incinerate them so that these hazardous products don't end up in the streets and spread disease. Your point about the spread of infectious diseases would already have been considered by the doctors and nurses, as they would most likely have been vaccinated before the trip. And the spread of HIV needs blood to blood contact. Accidents happen i know, but im sure they would take extra care in dealing with a patient when the have open wounds (which should be dressed anyway).
    whatever the case may be, if they are doctors, they should know to put on rubber gloves before they start dealing with blood. i don't believe for a second that real doctors who volunteer in africa do not wear gloves.... that is a must, not to give the patients the peace of mind, but rather to protect themselves. for example, when nick got that splinter on his hand in one of the earlier episodes, he wasn't wearing gloves and was dealing with blood. he could have easily been infected with something that is life-threatening.
    the problem with this world is that everybody is a few drinks behind.

Quote Originally Posted by gumball
    whatever the case may be, if they are doctors, they should know to put on rubber gloves before they start dealing with blood. i don't believe for a second that real doctors who volunteer in africa do not wear gloves.... that is a must, not to give the patients the peace of mind, but rather to protect themselves. for example, when nick got that splinter on his hand in one of the earlier episodes, he wasn't wearing gloves and was dealing with blood. he could have easily been infected with something that is life-threatening.
    You're definitely right. I should know. I volunteer in the hospital and they make me wear gloves for everything i do. I guess TVB director for this series just forgot. NOthing is ever perfect.

the fact that bosco likes leila.. i think thery r a better couple..than raymond and leila..
    A moment doens't last forever.
    Seriously, it does in my handbook since I don't know how to move on =T

Quote Originally Posted by gumball
    Don't get me wrong. I do agree that the safety of doctor's and nurses' etc is the an important priority. But I'm just reflecting on the situation. I'm not sure if the glove matter is an oversight from the directors. It would be nice to see some footage or hear from meds who have volunteered in 3rd world countries so that we can get a first hand account. Wonder if there are any doctors at SPCNET????

However, i was glad to see Raymond wearing gloves when he was collecting blood samples to test for HIV, so that's good!

PS: I'm glad the other thread has been merged with this one...makes it easier now!
    Last edited by delia_k_00; 12-14-04 at 01:01 AM.
    There is always room to smile everyday. Alternatively, you can laugh yourself silly once a week.

Gloves or no gloves...we're overlooking the plot of the series here.

So has there been any development between bosco and leila yet?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tomato
    Gloves or no gloves...we're overlooking the plot of the series here.

So has there been any development between bosco and leila yet?
    I'm not getting the tapes fast enough to see any development!!!! I'm only up to when Nick gets acute appendicitis!!
    There is always room to smile everyday. Alternatively, you can laugh yourself silly once a week.

how many episode is this series cos my sch is reopening n i want to finish watching it

blue_tomato -- in Episode 20, Leila asks Bosco to be her "pretend" boyfriend! And I really wanted a Raymond-Leila romance ASAP!

delia_k_00 -- don't you just find Nick hilarious when he gets appendicities!

sarsh -- 30 episodes.
    http://daybeel.blogspot.com
    http://daybee-e.blogspot.com

is gigi leung going to appear in the 1st few episodes of this drama??...does anyone know roughly ard which episodes that she start to appear??....is this drama a 30 or 40 episodes drama??
    funny face

The beauty of Life does not depend on how happy you are,but on how happy others can be...becoz of YOU

Quote Originally Posted by funny face
    is gigi leung going to appear in the 1st few episodes of this drama??...does anyone know roughly ard which episodes that she start to appear??....is this drama a 30 or 40 episodes drama??
    gigi leung appears only in the 1st episode. any time after that, it is either flashbacks or pictures.

this drama is 30 episodes long.
    the problem with this world is that everybody is a few drinks behind.