Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Breakthrough 《天涯俠醫》

If you watch the latest K100 (i think aired on Saturday), you can see a little bit of the storyline. I am not going to write out what I know since it could be spoiling others' moods.

I'm up till ep. 6 and have to say that Raymond looks really hot in this series!! Never thought he could look this hot. Did he sing the theme song? If he did, I love his voice. Has he ever released an album? Did he started out as a singer? Anyone?

Default wandering hero medics

, just learnt that this christmas..i'll be getting the full collection of this series as they are recorded at present together with the limited edition of WAB ..

saves me on rental video money i guess

does anyone know if a greater % of this series takes place in HK or other parts of the world?

Default wandering medic heroes

i think this series centres on places like africa (south ) and hk for its scenery

am just thinkin whether this series will be finished just before christmas

Quote Originally Posted by vegemite
    I'm up till ep. 6 and have to say that Raymond looks really hot in this series!! Never thought he could look this hot. Did he sing the theme song? If he did, I love his voice. Has he ever released an album? Did he started out as a singer? Anyone?
    Raymond starts out as an actor..not a singer..but his hobby is singing and he has been trained (and still training ) by a very famous Shanghainese singer teacher...His voice is surperb isnt. His voice is deep, sweet and very strong

He has never release an album...He is managed by TVB and they want him to concentrate on his acting first...but he is good at singing, dancing and of course acting.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLangel_1416
    does anyone know if a greater % of this series takes place in HK or other parts of the world?
    i think its about 50-50...
    they have 3 missions (i believe) in the series...
    the first one is for measles in kenya
    2nd is for aids
    and 3rd is to build a clinic...
    (i think all the trips are in kenya)
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

Default wandering medic heroes

having been screened for one week..anyone know its ratings..i hope its high..

30+

Watched the first 2 eps last night. Love the theme song.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by kloey
    i think its about 50-50...
    they have 3 missions (i believe) in the series...
    the first one is for measles in kenya
    2nd is for aids
    and 3rd is to build a clinic...
    (i think all the trips are in kenya)
    I think there are trips to a place in China (Shanxi) as well. But I think most of the missions are in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    i think this series centres on places like africa (south ) and hk for its scenery

am just thinkin whether this series will be finished just before christmas
    This series is 30 eps long, so I guess it will finish right before Christmas. I am curious on what is going to be aired next after this series and "The Conqueor Story".

Default wandering hero medics

still wandering if the viewers ratings are high on this.. i guess it must be as i know someone who is glued to the tv screen

aww..long time no see nick cheung in a tvb series

i just started this series.. good thing i looked in this thread cuz they changed the englich name rite?
    anyways i think its pretty good so far.. when they first showed ray i thought he was gonna play some stuck up guy like in gf but he ok.. its funny how leaila had to kiss him and he had a crush on leila...
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Wandering Hero Medics was the translation of the Chinese title. At that time, it did not have an English name yet. Now it does, and it's "The Last Breakthrough".

Default The Last Breakthrough

The Last Breakthrough

starring: Nick Cheung, Sonija kwok, Raymond Lam, Leila tong , Bosco Wong
    other cast members: Gigi leung, sharon chen, Mimi Lo

The story is bacsically about doctors trying to save people. Nick cheung and raymond lam is a heart doctor and bosco is also a doctor and sonija and tau lin is a nurse. Nick cheung is a gynecologist/obstetrician. This series is about people helping out at a life force. life force is to help the poor people with their dieases, like aids. Sonija kwok has a brother that has some kind of diease that needs to go to the hospital once in a while and she has a hard time taking care of him and working at the same time. Raymond Lam father is also a doctor that did not get along until he finds out the truth of the story that happen between his parents. Gigi leung is Nick cheungs gf buh dies of a accident and her younger sister is tau lin. it starts out at 1996 ..than 8 years had pasted.

if you dun understand ask me to clarify it.

just want to know.. have anyone started watching this series yet?
    Last edited by theorangecolor; 12-17-04 at 04:07 AM.
    bu bu jing xin

You might want to join the discussion in the "Wandering Hero Medics" thread.

I finished episode 10 a while ago and it is SO very good. I love Ray and Leila, hahaha. They have more chemistry than Nick and Sonija, in my opinion. It saddens me that Bosco's role was minimized. I would've preferred a Ray-Leila-Bosco triangle over the Ray-Leila-Sharon triangle.

It was so sad when Leila told Ray that she sold the necklace because 1) it would help raise funds and 2) she knew about the bet he'd made with Bosco and thought he really was playing around with her feelings. I was like "Nooo Leila you've got it all wrong!" Gosh, I hope Ray and Leila get together real soon. I need some sappy romance damn it.
    You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex...
    A stranger with your doorkey explaining that I am just visiting
    And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving...

i dunt get it...when ray walked away form leila at the pool, and she had this mad/hurt-ish look...was she mad that he pretended that he cared or did she believe that he was relali hurt?..wha was the look abt?
    raymond lam is soo sexiiii...<33

i haven't watch it yet..........coz i'm afraid it'll b very sad.........is it true? has abyone watch it already...........i really need 2 make sure of the ending 1st b4 i c it! by the way, y did leila kiss Ray like that?!!!

Yeah... most of wat i hear is the series is kinda sad coz of Gigi's death n Raymond's cancer...
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!