Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Chon-Ji
    any of you guys have a listing or remember the most romantic/honorable or any quotable quotes in ROCH?
    I think I quite like this quote,"A dog that bites visitors will give you trouble in the future.”

I can't find the ROCH translation of noodles, the earlier ones...1-20+ were they removed from the site?
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

I wonder what Yelu Qi saw in GF to marry her

chap 1 onwards here

I even like Li Mo Chou but Gou Fu is just too much.
    I like Li Mochou too.. must be the mean streak in me
    any of you guys have a listing or remember the most romantic/honorable or any quotable quotes in ROCH?
    Wanna see the list too!!!
    I wonder what Yelu Qi saw in GF to marry her
    She's very very beautiful? I have a feeling that she's the prettiest girl in the story next to Xiao Longnu.. So maybe Yelu Qi isn't thinking with his brain.. like many men (haha.. gonna borrow Rayon's favorite phrase.. I'm shutting up now!)

Something I noticed about Jin Yong... He likes to make fun of his villains. The way the characters rationalize the evil things they do is ridiculous in the extreme. I detest Guo Fu but I find it funny reading about her in the chapters.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

I can't find the ROCH translation of noodles, the earlier ones...1-20+ were they removed from the site?
    I think your question is answered in another thread titled "request to repost". If you still can't find it then pm me and I'll send you the txt files of all translated chapters from this site, I have a back up lol, mautak ang pinoy /gg .

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    She's very very beautiful? I have a feeling that she's the prettiest girl in the story next to Xiao Longnu.. So maybe Yelu Qi isn't thinking with his brain.. like many men (haha.. gonna borrow Rayon's favorite phrase.. I'm shutting up now!)
    I agree - cause even YG has to doubt himself on why he doesn't just off her, comparing the current situation to that of a scenario where the she is actually a he. Also, next down to XLN, would probably come LMC and HR before it would get to GF

^-^;;
    I kinda remember the quotes (more like situations :/ ) but favorite romance quotes for me are the definitley the ones from when the couple were in the Tomb prior to YG's dicovery of a posible cure via reversal of preasure points, the one where he argues with the martial arts hero at his first *reunion* with XLN (there are so many of them - poor YG TT_TT ) where he basically says - so what if shes my teacher, i love her and thats that (which will really sound wierd in modern day setting... makes me think of the teacher-student scandals in the US -_- ).

The next one is in a part not yet listed... so i caution... SPOILERS!!!! and since I am not sure if there is a spoiler tag (or any other vb forum codes besides bold, italics, etc :/ ) I will just list it a little far below in a different color.

[color=white]
    Next favorite line is when he is in passion flower valley where he basically denies any probablity of him having a concubine and says that well society may make it normal - and advises - that a man should have 5 wifes and 7 concubines, he needs and only wants XLN.

I think it was also pretty romantic as he waited each day for the return of XLN during that decade (i think it was 10 years :/ - man, after this whole thing is translated, I really gots to reread the whole thing in one shwoop) long wait.
    [/color]

Anyways, most of the stuff I find romantic was where he would defy taboos, stigmas, etc. (societal and what not), cause it kinda shows the enduring commitment and love he has for xln
    Last edited by NINJ4; 08-13-05 at 03:28 PM.
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Fav romantic quote would be the one in chapter 26.

[Yang Guo got up again and used his sleeve to wipe away her tears. He smiled and said: "Why do you still not understand my heart?" Xiao Long Nu lifted her head to look at him and he softly continued: "I really wish we two could live to be 100 years so I could take good care of you and return your love and affection. But if I can't, if God would only give us one day, then one day we'd be man and wife. Even if for only a few hours, then a few hours we'd also be man and wife." ]

Whatever happen to Chapter 25? Is there a good translation of it somewhere? All I found was the poor babel fish translation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Whatever happen to Chapter 25? Is there a good translation of it somewhere? All I found was the poor babel fish translation of it.
    Chapter 25 is not translated. I think there is a partial translation somewhere in this forum. We can only hope somebody finds time to translate and fill in the missing chapter 25.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Go to the thread (Sticky):

Readme: Forum Guidelines and Translations Links

All links are there.

BeeDreamer, thank you so much for your precious hard work! (I was getting worried that you'd give up on ROCH since you are also doing a marvellous job in the other translation) finding this chapter here is such a source of happiness , again thank you very much.

As for the romantic quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by gobie2920
    Fav romantic quote would be the one in chapter 26.

[Yang Guo got up again and used his sleeve to wipe away her tears. He smiled and said: "Why do you still not understand my heart?" Xiao Long Nu lifted her head to look at him and he softly continued: "I really wish we two could live to be 100 years so I could take good care of you and return your love and affection. But if I can't, if God would only give us one day, then one day we'd be man and wife. Even if for only a few hours, then a few hours we'd also be man and wife." ]
    I doubt any novel can surpass the above. This couple is so lovely that everytime they have a difficulty, my heart hurts for them.

And Rayon you are absolutely right re: the baddies being ridiculed by the writer. Guo Fu is so unbearable but even when I'm so angry at her, I really can not help but laugh at her stupidity. She certainly topped herself in this segment though, to insult a handicapped person, tsk tsk, that is really the lowest of the low.

Also some baddies, such as LMC, have tragic motives to turn out this bad. And even though I really don't like LMC at all, at the same time I can not help but feel sorry for her.

Default 31-2

MORE GUO FU.. and you are right.. she's so obnoxious that it's funny!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

31-2 [p.31-60]

Seeing Yelu Qi blush, Guo Fu was greatly suspicious. She questioned, “You suspect that I’m not my parents’ daughter as well?”

Yelu Qi quickly said, “No, no. Let’s go. Don’t pay her attention.”

Lu Wushuang butted in, “Naturally, he is suspicious. Otherwise, why does he want you to leave so quickly?”

Guo Fu’s face reddened, and she pressed her hand on the sword.

Yelu Qi could only advise, “Miss Lu’s words are mean and cutting. If you want to test her kungfu, just do it. There’s no need to talk.”

Lu Wushuang said, “He said you got a dumb mouth. Talking too much will only reveal what a joke you are.”

Guo Fu had feelings for Yelu Qi, and so she was worried that he wouldn’t like her. Although other people were talking nonsense, when it involved her loved one, she had to think about it. As she thought about what Lu Wushuang said, she feared that Yelu Qi would really think badly of her. Her parents had doted on her since she was little, and the Wu brothers -- her childhood friends -- had always obeyed her. Except her occasional quarrels with Yang Guo, she’d never had an argument like this. Today she ran into a ferocious opponent, who outpaced and outwitted her no matter what she said.

Realizing that talking would result in more damage, she scolded, “If I don’t cripple your other foot today, my name is not Guo.”

Having said that, her sword moved like the wind, flying towards Lu Wushuang.

Lu Wushuang said, “No need to cripple my foot. Your real name is not Guo anyway. Maybe your name is Zhang, or Li.”

Lu Wushuang could still go on, calling her a ‘bastard.’

While they were exchanging these verbal attacks, the saber and the sword clashed, and the battle became more intense.

The Guo couple had taught their daughter the best of kungfu. Guo Fu was taught all the basics but it was difficult to master the skills in a short period of time. When it came to martial proclivity, Guo Fu had a stronger resemblance to her father and very little in common with her mother. And so, even though her foundation of orthodox kungfu was good, she still needed to refine her skills before she could use any lethal kungfu. Even so, Lu Wushuang wasn’t her match. Besides, her retreat wasn’t very agile because of a crippled foot. Guo Fu was burning with rage, and she kept on attacking. Sword lights flashed as she was trying to stab Lu Wushuang’s right leg.

Cheng Ying was watching them fight, her brows creasing with worry.

She thought, “Althought my cousin’s namecalling isn’t nice, this Guo girl is too rude and too unreasonable. No wonder Yang Guo’s right arm was cut off by her. If they continue to fight, my cousin’s right leg will be difficult to save.”

She saw Lu Wushuang constantly retreating. Suddenly she heard a ‘chi’ sound as Lu Wushuang skirt was ripped open. She let out a soft cry, “Aiyo!”

Lu Wushuang stumbled back, her face pale. Guo Fu quickly took a couple of steps forwards and brought her sword around in a horizontal swipe, slashing Lu Wushuang’s leg. Seeing that Guo Fu had already won but still kept on attacking and that Lu Wushuang was dangerously cornered, she stepped in gently, using both hands to block Guo Fu.

She said, “Miss Guo, please go light on her.”

Guo Fu lifted her sword. Seeing blood on the blade, she knew that Lu Wushuang had already been injured. She pointed her sword proudly at Lu Wushuang and said, “My lesson today will teach you not to spout nonsense again.”

The sword wound on Lu Wushuang’s leg was aching. She angrily said, “Are you going to use your sword to stop people from talking?”

She knew that Guo Fu basked in her parents’ glory, so she pretended to say that Guo Fu was not Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter.

Guo Fu shouted, “What did they say?”

She moved forward a step, with the tip of her sword straight towards Lu Wushuang’s chest.

Cheng Ying stepped in between them. Seeing the long sword arrive, she used three fingers to hold the blade and gently pushed it aside.

She pursuaded, “Cousin, Miss Guo, we are in the middle of danger here. Let’s stop this senseless fight.”

Her sword was brushed aside by Cheng Ying’s bare hand. Guo Fu was half-startled and half-angry. She shouted, “Are you helping her? Good, good, good. Even two on one, I’m not afraid. Draw out your weapon!”

Having said that, she pointed her long sword at Cheng Ying’s waist, preparing to thrust and waiting calmly for her to pull out the jade flute from her waist.

With a faint smile Cheng Ying said, “I just asked you two not to fight, how can I fight you myself? Brother Yelu, please come talk to Miss Guo.”

“Right. Miss Guo, we are in the enemy territory. We’ve got to be careful everywhere we go.” Yelu Qi said.

Guo Fu quickly said, “Good. You don’t help me. Instead, you help an outsider.”

Seeing that Cheng Ying was a girl of beauty and grace, she suddenly thought to herself, “Is he interested in her?”

Yelu Qi had no clue what she was thinking. He continued, “That monk Ci’en looked quite strange. Let’s go back to watch him in the hall.”

Lu Wushuang heard Guo Fu’s words and saw the look on her face. She understood what Guo Fu was worried about.

She said, “Compared to you, my cousin is prettier. Her behavior is gentler. And she had better kungfu. You’ve got to be very very careful.”

These four sentences pierced Guo Fu’s heart. Nervously she asked, “Careful about what?”

Lu Wushuang sneered, “Even if I were an idiot, I would still prefer my cousin. You are rude and vicious, what’s so good about you?”

These words were so obvious, how could Guo Fu stand them? Her long sword flew out, swerving around Cheng Ying and flying towards Lu Wushuang.

This move of hers was called the ‘Jade Stance Guiding Silver Arrow,’ which was one of Huang Rong’s family techniques. The blade was swung in an arc and would strike the side of the target. The move appeared to be without haste but the damage zone was wide. Only one with higher sword skills would be able to block such a blow; otherwise, it was extremely difficult to escape.

Cheng Ying knitted her brows. She thought to herserf, “Why is this girl using the fiercest stance? My cousin only offends you with words. She isn't your most hateful enemy. Why are you acting like you mean to kill a murderer?”

Fortunately, Huang Yaoshi had earlier taught her this sword stance. And so, she sent energy to her fingers, waiting for Guo Fu’s sword swing. Then with a clang, the long sword was shot to the ground.

The technique Cheng Ying had just used was called ‘Divine Flicking Fingers.’ But it came out strong only because Cheng Ying had understood Guo Fu’s technique and waited to strike when the power on Guo Fu’s sword went empty. Otherwise, the two people’s martial skills were about the same level, Cheng Ying wouldn’t have been able to disarm Guo Fu with her fingers. Cheng Ying used her left foot to step on the long sword, and the jade flute in her hand pointed at Guo Fu’s pressure point on her waist.

In a flash Cheng Ying had knocked off Guo Fu’s sword, stepped on it, and threatened Guo Fu’s pressure point. Guo Fu was in an extremely awkward situation. If she bent down to snatch the sword, the pressure point on her waist would be exposed. But if she jumped backwards, her long sword would of course be taken. Although her kungfu was not weak, she lacked battle experiences. At the moment, she was blushing profusely, not knowing what to do.

Yelu Qi shouted, “Hey, lady. Why did you step on my weapon?”

Then he leaned forward to grab the jade flute. Cheng Ying retracted her arm, and then she turned around to leave, pulling Lu Wushuang along with her.

Guo Fu snatched the long sword back. She called out, “Slow down, let’s see who’s the better person.”

Lu Wushuang turned her head back and said, “Still want to.. ..”

Cheng Ying lifted her arm, draging her cousin along. The two people were already twenty, thirty feet away from them, and so Lu Wushuang didn’t get to finish her sentence.

Yelu Qi said, “Miss Guo, she was just lucky with that move. Actually, the two of you are equals.”

Guo Fu bitterly said, “Right. I was swinging my sword in an arc. Before I could hit them, she took advantage of the moment the strength on my sword was void. I didn’t expect someone who looked quite refined to be sly like this.”

“Hmm.” Yelu Qi made a noise.

He was a straight person. Not wanting to falsely flatter her, he said, “Miss Cheng’s kungfu isn’t weak. If you fight with her next time, you can’t underestimate the enemy.”

Hearing him commend Cheng Ying, Guo Fu frowned darkly. She couldn’t bear it and so she said, “Did you say her kungfu was good?”

Yelu Qi replied, “Yes.”

Guo Fu angrily said, “Then don’t mind me. Just go, be with her.”

Having said that, she turned around.

Yelu Qi said, “I advised you not to underestimate the enemy. I asked you to be careful. Am I helping you, or am I helping her?”

Now that Yelu Qi had explained that he wanted her to protect herself, Guo Fu couldn’t help but smile.

Yelu Qi continued, “Didn’t I help you get the sword back? Why are you still blaming me?”

Guo Fu turned her head back and said, “I’m not. I’m not. I’m not blaming you!”

A happy smile filled her face.

Yelu Qi was delighted but suddenly he heard repeated roars from inside the hall, accompanied by the interminable sounds of metals clanking.

Guo Fu cried out, “Aiyo, let’s quickly go and take a look.”

Originally she was listening to Qiu Qianchi ramble on about decades-ago events. Not realizing that a crisis was looming, the more she listened, the more annoyed she became. And so, she slipped out of the hall, running into the the Cheng-Lu cousins and fighting with them. Now that she heard the strange sounds, her thoughts were on her mother. She rushed back into the hall.

In the middle of the hall Reverend Yi Deng sat cross-legged, holding a string of rosary beads in his hands and reciting Buddhist sutras. He had a gentle look on his face. Monk Ci’en paced back and forth in the hall and often let out a roar, which sounded severely wicked. His hands were shackled, but the chain that linked the two cuffs had already been broken. When the two parts struck against each other, a clanking sound echoed. Qiu Qianchi also sat in the hall, her complexion pale. She was originally ugly but this time she looked fiercely fearsome. Huang Rong and Wu Santong were standing in a corner of the hall, intensely watching Ci’en.

Ci’en had been pacing around in a fit of insanity, and beads of sweat dripped profusely from his forehead. White steam emitted from the top of his head, looking like white clouds. These clouds were growing denser. And the more he paced, the faster he became. Reverend Yi Deng suddenly used his inner energy to shout, “Ci’en, Ci’en, distinguish between good and evil. Have you meditated today?”

Ci’en turned dull, his body swaying. He threw himself on the ground.

Qiu Qianchi shouted, “E’er, quickly go help your uncle up.”

Gongsun Lu’e did as told. Ci’en opened his eyes and saw Lu’e face. In his daze, Lu’e beautiful face, with long eyebrows and thin lips, looked very much like his sister when she was young.

He cried out, “Third sister, where am I?”

Lu’e said, “Uncle, I’m Lu’e.”

Ci’en muttered, “Uncle.. who is your uncle?” Who are you talking about?”

Qiu Qianchi shouted, “Second brother, she’s your third sister’s daughter. She wanted to meet her first uncle.”

Ci’en was startled. He said, “My big brother? You can’t meet him. He’s already fallen to death from the Iron Palms summit. His body was all gone.”

Then he jumped up. He looked at Huang Rong and shouted, “Huang Rong, you killed my big brother, you’ll pay for it!”

Arriving back in the hall, Guo Fu had stayed by her mother’s side, carrying her younger sister in her arms. Now that she saw Ci’en pointing his finger at her mother and scolding her, she couldn’t stand it.

And so, she stepped forwards and said, “Monk, if you are rude again, I (young girl) won’t stand it.”

Qiu Qianchi sneered, “This young girl is fearless.. ..”

Ci’en asked, “Who are you?”

“Hero Guo is my father and Chief Huang is my mother,” replied Guo Fu.

Ci’en asked, “And the baby you are holding?”

Guo Fu said, “She’s my little sister.”

In a severe tone Ci’en said, “Humph, surprisingly Guo Jing and Huang Rong have two children.”

Hearing a strange tone in his voice, Huang Rong shouted, “Fu’er, get back here, quickly!”

Guo Fu saw that Ci’en was acting like a madman. After all those talks, he still hadn’t begun fighting. She thought he was afraid of her mother so she didn’t fear him. Instead, she moved a couple of steps forwards.

With a laugh she said, “If there’s revenge to extract, just get on with it. If not, don’t open your mouth!”

Ci’en shouted, “I will extract my revenge!”

His voice ripped through the air like a clap of thunder, and all the teacups were making ‘dang-dang’ rattling sounds. Guo Fu couldn’t move her hands and feet. She only saw his left and right hands coming at her with the force of a mountain being cast into the sea. She wanted to escape, but how could there be enough time?

As if by prior arrangement, Huang Rong, Wu Santong, and Yelu Qi jumped up into the air at the same time. The three people all noticed that even though Ci’en right hand was fierce, his left palm was far more lethal. So they all aimed at his left palm, and the four palms clashed with a ‘peng’ sound.

Ci’en let out a ‘hei’ sound and stood still but the three people fell back several steps. With the lowest skills, Yelu Qi was knocked back the furthest, and next to him was Huang Rong. Before she could steady herself, she saw that her daughter Guo Xiang had already been snatched by Ci’en. Guo Fu just stood there dumbly, too frightened to escape.

Huang Rong was alarmed. She thought, “Was Fu’er hurt by that palm strike?”

Immediately she jumped up and out, her left hand pulling Guo Fu back. She wielded the Dog Beating stick with her right hand, using the ‘seal’ trick. Although Ci’en’s palms were fierce, he couldn’t hurt her this time. Guo Fu was actually not injured but she was confused. Now that she leaned against her mother’s body, she could let out an ‘ah’ cry.

As the battle began, the Wu brothers, Yelu Yan, and Wanyan Ping unsheathed their weapons. Qiu Qianchi signaled the many valley disciples to scatter, waiting for her order to besiege them. Only Reverend Yi Deng was still sitting cross-legged in the center of the hall as if he didn’t see all these things. He was reciting Buddhist sutras. His voice was not loud, but very clear.

Ci’en lifted Guo Xiang. He shouted, “This is Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter. I'll kill this girl first, then I’ll kill Huang Rong!”

Qiu Qianchi said in delight, “Good second brother! You are really the world-famous Iron Palms Floating on Water, Chief Qiu!”

In this situation, much less to say that Huang Rong and the others couldn’t defeat Ci’en in battle without anybody getting hurt, they didn’t even have a way to save the baby from this mad man.

In a loud voice Guo Fu suddenly shouted, “Yang Guo, big brother Yang, quickly come and save my little sister.”

When facing a disaster, Yang Guo had always come out of nowhere to save her. Seeing that nobody could do anything at this time, she naturally hoped that Yang Guo would come to her rescue again. But at the moment Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu were enjoying their time together. The two people walked slowly hand in hand, watching the sunset. How could they know about this urgent situation in the hall?

Ci’en used his right hand to hold Guo Xiang high above his head and brought his left palm on guard.

He sneered, “Yang Guo? Who’s Yang Guo? Now even if East Heretic, West Venom, South Emperor, North Beggar, and Central Divinity all came at once, they could only kill me, Qiu Qianren, but they wouldn’t be able to save this baby.”

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 08-15-05 at 06:11 PM.

Simply awesome!!! Thx for translating

So Huang Rong's kung fu is lower than Qiu QianRen? What about Guo Jing's?

Huang Rong is bit too cautious in this novel, don't you think? Her character has matured. Too bad GF has yet achieve that level of maturity in her dealings. Gods I could just slap Guo Fu back to Ming Dynasty.

ELIZA BENNET: I like Li Mo Chou. She's my fave villain and I got the hoots reading that part where she and Yang Guo were traveling together with Guo Xiang in tow. GX was crying and YG said she was hungry and afterwards, he looked at LMC, who blushed, thinking that he meant that she feed the baby with HER milk. LOL. But yeah, she's ruthless.

GJ fought to a tie with OYF at the start of the novel, so his martial arts shouldn't be below QQR.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Wow! Another update so soon, thanks so much Bee.

...................... !!! OMG! Gou Fu......

Oh btw, LMC= she may be evil but she had a few moments of cuteness.

Default Bee's a dream

I heard from an unusually unreliable source that Bee is really twins and can therefore manage to translate parts of two books in the same week.
    Thanks Love!
    The attachment is for Rayon
    Attached Images Attached Images

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

i am feeling tortured cuz beedreamer just stopped translating in the middle of an exciting part. oh i cant wait to find out what gonna happen to GX!!!!!!!

BeeDreamer ur doing a GREAT job. thanx for the translation. keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I heard from an unusually unreliable source that Bee is really twins and can therefore manage to translate parts of two books in the same week.
    Thanks Love!
    The attachment is for Rayon
    Aargh! You have traumatized me beyond recall.