Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by NINJ4
    ME TOO! If I were a girl I would go for Wei Xiao Bao ^_^
    It'd be GJ if i were a chick! I mean the guy can't lie to save his life, knowing how lying is second nature to most men....
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Default Chapter 25

For Bee:
    I'm being out voted and will back off quietly with a slight quiver of my lower lip. More please!

For rayon:
    One of my Philippino buddies got a boot out your
    Tagalog blog. Yup, Calgary's got lots of people from the Philippines. Of course it was all Greek to me.

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    It'd be GJ if i were a chick! I mean the guy can't lie to save his life, knowing how lying is second nature to most men....

So true TT_TT... but most of the time they're small lies meant to make girls happy!!!
    Last edited by NINJ4; 08-24-05 at 02:36 AM.
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

well you all know by now that Guo Jing is really the perfect guy for me. Honest, righteous, helpfull, has as healthy sense of justice and a clean heart - if he was a real guy I'd follow him to death

Wei Xia Bao!!!!! - Lol in the novel he is much in demand but in real life I don't think he'd be able maintain a relationship for so long (and he probably wouldn't want to)

I do admit GJ is truly a one in a billion person. But I think a person like YG would never betray someone he loves (i.e.XLN), YG did lie many times but most often just to save someone from getting hurt (i.e.the Wu bro's fight). I like YG better than GJ simply because YG is closer to my ideal self. While I do admire GJ's down to earth honor and heroic nature, I'd rather see myself as a kind hearted but smart person like YG. .
    Last edited by Bangs; 08-24-05 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    I do admit GJ is truly a one in a billion person. But I think a person like YG would never betray someone he loves (i.e.XLN), YG did lie many times but most often just to save someone from getting hurt (i.e.the Wu bro's fight). I like YG better than GJ simply because YG is closer to my ideal self. While I do admire GJ's down to earth honor and heroic nature, I'd rather see myself as a kind hearted but smart person like YG. .
    I think Guo Jing is rather adorable. But if I ever meet him, I'd probably tear my hair out in irritation.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

I understand you Bangs - and I don't mean that YG is dishonest, he is also very heroic but at the same time he is too complicated. I'd rather have him as a friend rather than a boyfriend.

But Guo Jing is not complicated at all (that is why many doubt his brains). Black and white areas are clear to him as day and night. He is someone I can completely trust to do the right thing in any situation - (and this is very hard for me to do with people in real life) .

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I understand you Bangs - and I don't mean that YG is dishonest, he is also very heroic but at the same time he is too complicated. I'd rather have him as a friend rather than a boyfriend.

But Guo Jing is not complicated at all (that is why many doubt his brains). Black and white areas are clear to him as day and night. He is someone I can completely trust to do the right thing in any situation - (and this is very hard for me to do with people in real life) .
    Oops sorry I didn't mean to make a comparison between YG and GJ, I was just sharing my point of view as a man and saying that YG is an ideal personality for me. Of course your point of view is totally different cause you were refering to GJ as your ideal BF, yourself being a lady. I didn't mean to confuse you, sorry.

EDIT: oh and I don't doubt GJ's brains, he has a pure and honest heart which is often misunderstood as stupid but its not.
    Last edited by Bangs; 08-25-05 at 09:25 AM.

Guys,

Looks like I can't post my next installment this weekend.. I'm gonna be out of town for the whole week starting tomorrow.. and I only have about half of it done will keep you posted on the progress!

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    Guys,

Looks like I can't post my next installment this weekend.. I'm gonna be out of town for the whole week starting tomorrow.. and I only have about half of it done will keep you posted on the progress!
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can u do this to us?????????????? but thats okay!!!!!!!!!!! ill wait patiently 4 the next update, hope its soon though

Go ahead bee, a short break is necessary once in a while. But please keep the fire burning. Happy trip.

Out of town? If you're visitin Seattle let me treat you to star bucks! ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Wei Xia Bao!!!!! - Lol in the novel he is much in demand but in real life I don't think he'd be able maintain a relationship for so long (and he probably wouldn't want to)
    Actually, he would be able to maintain the relationship - and his attachment to those he cares about is profound... I am not sure if girls would though (loyalty high point, fidelty low point). Guess its the chinese blood in me - but I want seven wifes who want to be my wifes too (wonder if that's why I look up to him :/ )!
    Last edited by NINJ4; 08-28-05 at 09:18 AM.
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Default Favourite quotes

The following quote was from chapter 15:

That night, Huang Yao Shi returned to the room and said, “Yang Guo, I heard you expelled yourself from Quan Zhen sect and beat up your master, your are rather heretical. Why don’t you leave the Ancient Tomb sect, and then enter my tutelage.”
    Yang Guo was startled and said, “Why?”
    Huang Yao Shi laughed and said, “First you’ll acknowledge that Xiao Long Nuu is not your master and then marry her, won’t that be proper?”
    Yang Guo said, “That’s a good idea. But who set the rule that you can’t marry your master? I want her to be my master and my wife.”

Huang Yao Shi clapped and laughed, he said, “Great! The way you think is a level higher than me.”

BeeDreamer, thanks for the wonderful translations (reaches over and gives Bee a bear hug).
    Last edited by Paladin; 08-29-05 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    The following quote was from chapter 15:
    BeeDreamer, thanks for the wonderful translations (reaches over and gives Bee a bear hug).
    A bear hug is supposedly painful yes?

Oh and if there's a part of the story I like, its this one...

(from Chapter 7:
    Xiao Long Nuu said, “I want you to say, from now on you will only have me in your heart, if there is another girl, I will be allowed to kill you.”
    Yang Guo smiled and said, “Without saying I will never do this, if I actually did something wrong and don’t listen to you, then I deserve to die.” He then swore, “Disciple Yang Guo, I will only have Gu Gu in my heart in my lifetime, if my heart changes, there will be no need for Gu Gu to kill me, when I see her face I will kill myself.”)

It's easy to make empty promises, but extremely difficult to make a heartfelt promise and even harder to keep it for life.

Default Bear Hug and another quote

A bear hug is supposedly painful yes?

Painful? Certainly not from my point of view since I'm applying the pressure.

The following is another good exchange of words between Xiao Longnu and Yang Guo in chapter five:

Yang Guo said, “What is there to cry about, you said you was going to beat me, you would beat me, even if I begged it wouldn’t be any use.”

Xiao Long Nuu said, “Humph, you are cursing me secretly in your heart.”

Yang Guo said, “I am not cursing you secretly in my heart, you are much better than my previous master.”

Xiao Long Nuu asked, “Why?”

Yang Guo said, “Although you hit me, you cared for my well being. The hits became lighter, you were afraid that I would be in pain.”

Xiao Long Nuu blushed slightly when she heard those words, it was lucky that it was dark and Yang Guo didn’t see her, she scolded, “Humph, who cares for you, the next time you are disobedient I’ll beat you even harder.”

Yang Guo heard her gentle tone and smiled and said, “If you beat me harder, I’ll like it even more.”

Xiao Long Nuu spat out, “Little rascal, I’m afraid you won’t be able to sleep each day without a beating.”
    無險無榮

A beer hug is painful? Wot?! Oh, wait. Forget I said something.

Poor boy, Yang Guo is totally whipped, Xiao Long Nu got him wrapped round her little finger and vice versa, and together in their wake they leave a trail of broken hearts. More so Yang Guo cause he got personality and charisma and actually uses them. Xiao Long Nu pretty much is walking eye candy (not to take anything away from Yang Guo mind you) but she is mostly reticent and kinda aloof when it doesnt concern Yang Guo. ~yes.. i hear you all shouting "It's because she's lived in a cave all her life dammit!!!"~

That aside, i've been reading all the stuff below about how everyone would be frustrated if they met Yang Guo etc, which i would probably say "yeah.. maybe.." to all of em, but then again, everyone knows he's taken and will be the way he is because of Xiao Long Nu. But as an aside, would you really have a problem with all that IF YOU were Xiao Long Nu?

Anyone say a shortage of good men in Wuxia? Making a list there really isnt much you can look at to match Xiao Long Nu to... I mean, Guo Xiang got the plot and decided to **** ** * *** *** *** **** ** *** ****!

(Just check HSDS chap 1 & 2 if you didnt already know, but i really really really doubt that you don't)
    Last edited by Eiskold; 08-30-05 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    A beer hug is painful? Wot?! Oh, wait. Forget I said something.
    I was referring to a "bear" hug. Its called bear hug coz it is supposedly a powerful back breaking technique using a hug and applying force equivalent to a bear's. Anyway hehehe I was just playing around with what Paladin previously said to bee.

I was referring to a "bear" hug. Its called bear hug coz it is supposedly a powerful back breaking technique using a hug and applying force equivalent to a bear's. Anyway hehehe I was just playing around with what Paladin previously said to bee.
    Yeah, I know, silly. Just having fun while the bee is away.

Quote Originally Posted by NINJ4
    Actually, he would be able to maintain the relationship - and his attachment to those he cares about is profound... I am not sure if girls would though (loyalty high point, fidelty low point).
    that's what I meant He can care about 7 women at the same time, and I have no doubt that if another takes his fancy, he'll start to care about her too lol! And I don't think any self respecting woman would agree to share the man she loves (can you imagine Huang Rong or XLN to accept this kind of arrangement?)

LOL, this has nothing to do with you Chinese blood, you are man so you want 7 wives - it is different for women though. I also like WXB very much since even though he is really bad sometimes, he is not evil to harm people unnecessarily. He only attacks when he is threatened and even when he uses unortodox methods, the bad guys usually more than deserve them. You are so right that his attachment is strong - he has the worst times when he has to decide between the king and the chairman.

Bee, I wish you a pleasant trip! You will be missed by lots of people so hurry back as soon as you can OK?