Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

I found another place with Wuxia translations of RoCH!!! It's chapters 8 and up here's the link...
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...3&page=6&pp=20
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Eiskold
    if every1 is really desperate, just babelfish it and nut the rest out, that way you'll get the gist, and when the trans come out, just read it again and enjoy it all the more.

lol i know about the rough outline throught watching adaptions such as the anime or series, but i perfer to know the details.

oh and by the way da bao, we all know about that thread, the reason roch translation is as popular as it is is cause noodles started it, thats the reason no one's done ch 25 because other translators think that noodles might be finishing on it.
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Quote Originally Posted by darkshineknight
    ....thats the reason no one's done ch 25 because other translators think that noodles might be finishing on it.
    LOL. And I'm probably the only one brave enough to tackle that chapter. Even then, I have to lie low for a bit 'coz oh god school sucks.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    LOL. And I'm probably the only one brave enough to tackle that chapter. Even then, I have to lie low for a bit 'coz oh god school sucks.
    Do you think he is though? I keep looking everywhere and no one has translated chapter 25. I wonder if there's anything speacial in chapter 25... everyone seems really desperate on getting/reading it.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Do you think he is though? I keep looking everywhere and no one has translated chapter 25. I wonder if there's anything speacial in chapter 25... everyone seems really desperate on getting/reading it.
    rayon started chapter 25 but has been quite 'silent' for a while as has Bee. We're all getting nervous and twitchy that they might 'throw in the towel'. I know we seem demanding but we're hooked on the ROCH and LOCH translations. At the very least ladies, drop in and just say hi and that the translations will continue in time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    rayon started chapter 25 but has been quite 'silent' for a while as has Bee. We're all getting nervous and twitchy that they might 'throw in the towel'. I know we seem demanding but we're hooked on the ROCH and LOCH translations. At the very least ladies, drop in and just say hi and that the translations will continue in time.
    Yeah... I'm totally hooked on RoCH more than LoCH though. I keep rereading all the chapters to make sure I didn't miss anything and I'm checking almost everyday to see if anyone has updated it...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

At the very least ladies, drop in and just say hi and that the translations will continue in time.
    Come on. You don't mean that. "Drop in and say hi"? Dont get met started. LOL.

Come on. You don't mean that. "Drop in and say hi"? Dont get met started. LOL.

wizard

*sigh* How're y'all doing? I'm just so bored I reread the entire translations over agin starting from chapter 1-31 (where Bee stopped) then I watched the LoCH '95 version over again...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

@Da Bao

U should take a break. Be patient, I know you must love ROCH so much just like us but we can't move on until Bee comes back, let's just wait for now. How bout reading the other novels being translated here like LOCH or the novels by Gu Long?

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    @Da Bao

U should take a break. Be patient, I know you must love ROCH so much just like us but we can't move on until Bee comes back, let's just wait for now. How bout reading the other novels being translated here like LOCH or the novels by Gu Long?
    LOCH is a little bit slow too and Gu Long's novels are a little bit boring.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    LOCH is a little bit slow too and Gu Long's novels are a little bit boring.
    Uh huh... I agree, but I think I'll take a shot at trying to read it and get interested.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Gu Long's novels are anything BUT boring. If you ask me, I think Jin Yong's are much more exhausting to read considering their epic styles. It is true, however, that Gu Long's stories take too long to unfold. But after the first few chapters, I guarantee, you won't be able to put him down.

Gu Long's novels are anything BUT boring. If you ask me, I think Jin Yong's are much more exhausting to read considering their epic styles. It is true, however, that Gu Long's stories take too long to unfold. But after the first few chapters, I guarantee, you won't be able to put him down.
    I'd bug you about chapter 25 but I know there are other pressures in your life at the moment. Besides, if I did bug you too much, being a Gemini you would either go ballistic or slip into a blue funk.

wizard
    You slippery little devil. Here I am in this thread teasing you while you are posting an update in the other one. Shame on me, good on you.
    Last edited by JamesG; 09-28-05 at 02:01 AM.

You slippery little devil. Here I am in this thread teasing you while you are posting an update in the other one. Shame on me, good on you.
    Devils aren't slippery. Eels are.

Ok. I think I just made a verbal trap for myself.

I think the best way to describe what Gu Long and Jin Yong novels are to me is resembling them to food

Gu Long novels are like cookies: tasty and entertaining

Jin Yong novels are like full course meal: tasty, entertaining, filling and satisfying.

Devils aren't slippery. Eels are.

Ok. I think I just made a verbal trap for myself.
    I'm going to be nice and make no comment. Two in one day would be overkill (See your site)

Great description eliza.
    Wizard

Go read Duke of Mt. Deer!!! ^_^
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I think the best way to describe what Gu Long and Jin Yong novels are to me is resembling them to food

Gu Long novels are like cookies: tasty and entertaining

Jin Yong novels are like full course meal: tasty, entertaining, filling and satisfying.
    Gu Long's novels appear that way, but really, when you read it and understand it and just take it in and not think about what should be or should not be, you'll realize it's really not...a cookie. The best thing I like about Gu Long is those teeny bits and pieces of wisdom that he drops here and there that's all at once witty and all at once profound. Jin Yong, of course, is a master storyteller. His plots are riveting even without the devices that Gu Long uses to get his readers. Jin Yong's stories are just great, pure and simple. Gu Long's are intriguing. The truth is, they are two very talented authors with two very distinct styles of writing and I'm going to shut up now because I'm having dejavus about that horrible essay I wrote in Literature.

Alright... I've decided to take a crack at reading Gu Long's novel. Wish me luck!!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵