Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Ive been wondering why there is a vietnamese version and also a french version but no english version! Why!?
    That IS odd... I WANT TO READ IT!! I WANNAREADIT!!! NNNoooo.... Not fair... I think it's not fair!!! They should make an official English version....
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Wait, there's a french version? What's the title so that I can find it. I can read French so that will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk
    Wait, there's a french version? What's the title so that I can find it. I can read French so that will be cool.
    I've been looking for that information for awhile now...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Ive been wondering why there is a vietnamese version and also a french version but no english version! Why!?
    Because America sux!? Simple as that...:P.

Quote Originally Posted by WingLez_DrifteR
    Because America sux!? Simple as that...:P.

I AGREE!!!! It's not fair!!! Why should the French have a translation, but we can't? It's just not fair... I mean... We really want to read the book, but we can't!! They have the book, but barely any read them!!!!! Life isn't fair...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

The french have greater affinity with the asian cultures. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers
    The french have greater affinity with the asian cultures. That's why.
    Nah, it's just a general lack of knowledge about Asia and it's literature in North America. The same people who love to read Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings would likely love Jin Yong's books. A book with the name Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils would arouse a lot of curiosity and if marketed as a sword, sorcery and martial arts book with the right cover picture would probably kick-start the interest in the books. The Legend of the Eagle Shooting Heroes would be a bad name here, but The Legend of the Condor Heroes would be ok. We just need the first one to get published.
    Wizard
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-06-05 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Nah, it's just a general lack of knowledge about Asia and it's literature in North America. The same people who love to read Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings would likely love Jin Yong's books. A book with the name Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils would arouse a lot of curiosity and if marketed as a sword, sorcery and martial arts book with the right cover picture would probably kick-start the interest in the books. The Legend of the Eagle Shooting Heroes would be a bad name here, but The Legend of the Condor Heroes would be ok. We just need the first one to get published.
    Wizard
    What about "Book And Sword" and "Deer and Cauldron"? It was a try but they didn't went very well it seems... imho they really should have started with Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils as you said... it would be the best.

IcyFox is taking care of ROCH for the time being, but it would be great If the gasps were filled. the end pf chpter 25 and the end 32 Hope the novel will be completed soon... Its a great deed, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    IcyFox is taking care of ROCH for the time being, but it would be great If the gasps were filled. the end pf chpter 25 and the end 32 Hope the novel will be completed soon... Its a great deed, really...
    I'm happy IcyFox is doing this for us... Just when all hope was lost... Just when our translaters had just disappeared on us... IcyFox has come to relieve us of our withdrawal symptons!!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default Missing link

I don't read chinese, but I do have the bahasa translation of (I believe) the first edition. If I started translating that into English, would somebody check and make correction against the original Chinese? Anybody? Da Bao?
    I can start where Xiao Lung Nu left, and stop where Icyfox start.

Oh, I am a long time reader, first time poster .. and like everyone else, I am addicted to wuxia ..

Long time since I logged in. Glad that the translation is still continuing albeit by a different translator. But then that's the way it always is in this excellent forum. Thank you IcyFox for taking the task for Ch 33.
    Fox-S, though I can't read Chinese and hardly bahasa, I think it would be a good idea to post the link to your source here so that anybody who is able to check it will be able to do so.
    Thank you all for being so generous in sharing this wonderful story.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    I'm happy IcyFox is doing this for us... Just when all hope was lost... Just when our translaters had just disappeared on us... IcyFox has come to relieve us of our withdrawal symptons!!!
    People gave Xiao_Long_Nu a rough time regarding her translations and likely discouraged her from continuing. The idiots!!
    Please do come back Xiao_Long_Nu
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    People gave Xiao_Long_Nu a rough time regarding her translations and likely discouraged her from continuing. The idiots!!
    Please do come back Xiao_Long_Nu
    Wizard
    This time I disagree,
    As she is busy and can't translate another person took the task, that's great. When she get more time to translate, and if she still wants she can take the chapter ahead or even help the current translator. The final objective is to finish the novel, everyone is really thankful for what she has done, and everyone will be even more glad if she come back and help more. The more the merrier

The important point is to let the current flow now that there are translators avaliable wanting to help. Noodles, Bee, rayon, Hanky, Dugu, XLN, xuelian and IceFox so far, everyone has maerit in the novel conclusion (when it get finished) and everyone is thankful.

It's good for everyone available to join forces and help to finish the novel;

my humble point
    Last edited by Felipe; 12-08-05 at 07:56 PM.

Xiao Long Nu!! If you're reading this PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!! We miss you!! We miss all our translaters.. Even if we say something or give you a rough time we're only doing it for the sake of the novel!
    PLEASE!!! WE MISS YOU GUYS (ALL)!!!
    I really do miss them... None of them have really come back... They visit every now and then but... *frustereated sigh*

*embarrased look* I'm sorry to ask... but what is "bahasa"?
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I don't mind errors in grammer, spelling, syntax or somewhat fractured english in the translations. I just copy them to a file and edit them for myself. Then I'll sometimes e-mail a copy to another member for their comments. Maybe the site should create a location where we could send our edited versions for the translator and others to comment on and update the translations to final versions. Nit picking should be avoided.
    Someday I hope to have all of ROCH etc, in English, on cd rom.
    Wizard

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

*embarrased look* I'm sorry to ask... but what is "bahasa"?[/QUOTE]

if i'm not wrong, bahasa here means bahasa melayu/malaysia - malay language.

anyway, i've been a long fan of this thread although i've never shown myself but anyway, thanks to all of our past and present translators, u really rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Xiao Long Nu!! If you're reading this PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!! We miss you!! We miss all our translaters.. Even if we say something or give you a rough time we're only doing it for the sake of the novel!
    PLEASE!!! WE MISS YOU GUYS (ALL)!!!
    I really do miss them... None of them have really come back... They visit every now and then but... *frustereated sigh*

Heyy guys, especially Da Bao...thx for ur great great support hahax..y im not here , firstly im sick for 2 weeks...dunno wad kind of flu...second must prepare for concert soo u see have no time to even rest lol..

BUt good news is im going to try to translate one whole chapter then put it here...im starting work already...soo in the meantime icy fox could help u on wif chapter 33 first..i'l also be translating the rest of the book if no one wants to do it... ..so thx for ur support...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    Heyy guys, especially Da Bao...thx for ur great great support hahax..y im not here , firstly im sick for 2 weeks...dunno wad kind of flu...second must prepare for concert soo u see have no time to even rest lol..

BUt good news is im going to try to translate one whole chapter then put it here...im starting work already...soo in the meantime icy fox could help u on wif chapter 33 first..i'l also be translating the rest of the book if no one wants to do it... ..so thx for ur support...
    Welcome back and I'm glad you're feeling better. I just hope chapter 32 does get finished by someone.
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak

if i'm not wrong, bahasa here means bahasa melayu/malaysia - malay language.

anyway, i've been a long fan of this thread although i've never shown myself but anyway, thanks to all of our past and present translators, u really rock! [/QUOTE]
    Really? If there's one, how come there's none at my place? Name of translater and publisher?
    Or is it in bahasa Indonesia? Now that changes the whole thing!
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.