Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Wow nice to hear from you XiaoLongNu. Welcome back!!!

Wow glad to know XLN is willing to share my "workload"... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    Heyy guys, especially Da Bao...thx for ur great great support hahax..y im not here , firstly im sick for 2 weeks...dunno wad kind of flu...second must prepare for concert soo u see have no time to even rest lol..

BUt good news is im going to try to translate one whole chapter then put it here...im starting work already...soo in the meantime icy fox could help u on wif chapter 33 first..i'l also be translating the rest of the book if no one wants to do it... ..so thx for ur support...

I"M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK!!! It's good to hear from you again. For awhile there I thought that another translater had left us...

I hope you feel better!!!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Heyy guys, especially Da Bao...thx for ur great great support hahax..y im not here , firstly im sick for 2 weeks...dunno wad kind of flu...second must prepare for concert soo u see have no time to even rest lol..

BUt good news is im going to try to translate one whole chapter then put it here...im starting work already...soo in the meantime icy fox could help u on wif chapter 33 first..i'l also be translating the rest of the book if no one wants to do it... ..so thx for ur support...
    YEA im sooooooo glad ur bak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take ur time translatin......i thought if u werent gonna cum bak i mite havta translate the rest.......but since ur bak i getta sit bak and wait and m/b help once in a while......that is if i could!!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Default Missing link

Guys & girls,

This is my first attempt to take a little bit load off Xiao Lung Nu. As I mentioned, it was taken from “bahasa” translation, first edition. (Yes, William, I do have the “bahasa Indonesia” edition).

I do not feel really comfortable because:

1. Translating from Chinese to Bahasa, then to English means there are a lot of “lost in translation”. That was the reason I would like somebody who is Chinese literate to check the story is true to Jin Yong’s original intention.
    2. I do not know Han Yu Pin Yin, and as Bubeng can testify, it is not easy to translate – or even transliterate Hokkien into Pin Yin.

So, Xiao Lung Nu (or whoever is willing), shall I email my text to you, and you made necessary correction, then post it? J

Foxs

Default Chapter 32 Part 2

Note (Dec. 16, 2005): I changed the title to Chapter 32 Part 2, just so that I can keep track of my own work. Nothing to do with how the the original book was organized. Part 1 was Xiao Long Nu's work)

(Chapter 32 Part 1 last paragraph)
    Both Cheng Ying and Lu Wu Shuang were shocked and asked, “What? Yang madam is also injured? We didn’t noticed it..” Xiao Long nu smiled mildly and said, “Its actually nothing. I used my internal energy to stop the poison from flowing. I have been fine these few days.” Lu Wu Shuang replied, “What poison is it? Is it the passionless poison again?” Xiao Long nu said, “No it isn’t, it is my sister senior’s soul freezing needle.” Lu Wu Shuang replied, “Of course its that big bad Li Mo Chou again. Dumb…..Brother Yang, didn’t you saw her <Five Poison Secrets> book? Though the soul freezing needle maybe strong but it isn’t difficult to neutralize.”

Moved to Post #622

I apologize that is all I have after an evening work. Expect more updates next week - that is, if Xiao Lung Nu did not continue.
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 11:57 AM.

Ahh!! I'm so happy!! *cries* There now more translations than I can read at once! *sob, sob* It's almost too good to be true!!

YAY!!! 421108th post is mine!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Wow translations suddenly came flooding the forums.

Thank you so much fox-s! I don't know how much is lost because of the double translation but I think it is still good. Keep up the great work! Thanks!

heyy..fox-s if u are translating it , pls tell me coz i would also be translating wad u translated so thx for ur attention... =)
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

heyy..fox-s if u are translating it , pls tell me coz i would also be translating wad u translated so thx for ur attention... =)
    Xiao_Long_nu, why not finish rayon's translation of chapter 25? After that you and fox-s can arrange which additional chapters you will work on. With more than one translator at work maybe there should be a separate thread for each of the next chapters to avoid confusion.
    Wizard

me very very happy!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait 4 more......its willy xcitin!!!!!!!!!!!! teehee

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    me very very happy!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait 4 more......its willy xcitin!!!!!!!!!!!! teehee
    Boy... I know how that feels... And my withdrawal symptons are acting up again. I'm like... checking to see if there are any updates... around... 2-5 times per day! Man... This feels like when I first joined SPCNET... It's the same thing...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

great translation fox-s!

Is it just me though but there seems to be some major differences from the first ed version you translated to wat I remember of the story.

I don't think Gongsun Zhi ever injured HR in the later 3rd ed. Gongsun Lu-e had went to get the antidote from the slab in the ground and had took the bottle containing the real antidote instead of the false and and it's here that Gongsun Zhi crashed in and held Gongsun Lu-e hostage.

Gunner - Could very well be. That was one of the reason I was hesistated to do it. Anyway, I am doing this just so people out there with withdrawal symptoms ... cough! ... have something to lift their spirit with, while waiting for the "official" translator to continue.

Xiao Lung Nu - I picked up where you left, and intend to finish it where IcyFox start. But ... if you want to re-do the whole thing, be my guest. I don't mind at all.

Bangs - thanks for your encouragement. I am translating the "essence" of the story rather than word for word.

Anyway, just got back to the office, had some translation done in between christmas rehearsals and concerts, so I am going to post some more updates. Expect more tomorrow.

Foxs
    (my login name "fox-s" was only because the system would not allow me to use less than 5 characters)

Enjoy!

Default Chapter 32 Part 3

Moved to Post #622

to be continued ...
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 11:58 AM.

Wow, I really love this story. I hope I can be able to finish it soon because no live action interpretation can ever compare to the words written by Jin Yong. The thoughts in people's head and the extra emotions that are conveyed just can't be seen on screen. Thanks Fox-s.

Poor Gongsun Lu'e.

She lived a truly miserable life.

Yang Guo must be hurting deeply, he is unable to love her back, unable to repay her kindness, and unable to save her life. It must be very painful knowing that someone gave up her life for you and you can never repay that person back.

Damn I feel so sad suddenly.

Anyway, thank you for the translation, fox-s!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

Poor Gongsun Lu'e.
    She lived a truly miserable life.
    Yang Guo must be hurting deeply, he is unable to love her back, unable to repay her kindness, and unable to save her life. It must be very painful knowing that someone gave up her life for you and you can never repay that person back.
    Damn I feel so sad suddenly.
    Anyway, thank you for the translation, fox-s!
    I know the feeling... Noo... Lu'E!!

As a chivalrous man, Yang Guo obviously did not want to hurt anybody even for his own sake. Lu’E however, being held like a shield, could see that Yang Guo moved away from her father. She was deeply touched. “He did not want the pill for my sake.” Gongsun Zhi has sealed her accupoint that she could not move her limbs, but her head could still move. A moment later she closed her eyes and sighed, “Yang Lang, Yang Lang! [Translator note: “Lang” could also mean “Dear Husband” – Lu’E has regarded Yang Guo as her husband.] Today, I sacrifice my life for you!” She then stretched her beautiful neck toward her father’s black sword!

Yang Guo cried and rushed forward, trying to help. But he was too late! He stood still like he was in a trance. Two streams of tears flowed down his cheeks. A lovely young woman with a heart as big as the sky had lost her life in her own father’s hand.
    NNNNOOO!!!! *tears* Lu'E!! *crying now* She's really gone... Noo... *sob, sob* Lu'E... Why? ...Why? *sob* Why... Lu'E... *sniff, sniff* She was one of my favorites characters... *sniff, trying to stop crying* She... *crying really hard* NOOOooooo...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

jus wanna let ya kno-Xiao Long Nu......i sorta translated a part......its not that good.....but i sorta wanna post it.....it is where SLN and YG and others chase GSG and SLN starts fighting w/ him hopin she can get the antidote.....to save YG b4 she dies......but ill post that when we get there...... and i bet everybody would luv 4 u ta redo it after they read mine!!!!!!!!

Heh heh that's great... Suddenly everyone's so enthusiastic about translating...
    At this rate RoCH will be done in no time.

Er just asking... I'm ignorant about these things... would we be violating any copyright laws if we translate without the author's permission? If so then everyone just pretend you didn't see this