Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Default Whoa!!!!!!!!

that was a GREAT translation!!!! and to cap that you were self taught!!! thanks a lot for the translations, you made me realise lots of things there cause i never regarded xiao long nuu as being strong cause she only knew one type of martial arts(yangguo knew something like 5, at least i think).

and you mind giving me some pointers on how to actually selt teach your self in chinese, like i learn 3 words today and by tommorrow i forget 2 of them .
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Default Forgot to mention

Can soneone plzzzzzzzzzz post up the links to all the translations of roch as there are so many bits and pieces, and also post up translations out side this website as well (i only know of this websites who do translations )
    Last edited by darkshineknight; 01-07-05 at 07:30 AM.
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Weeeh! This is so cool. XLN kicks butt. Hate those Taoist freaks. Anyway, I don't see the later parts of Chapter 24 and the whole Chapter 25 anywhere but I still get the story. I suppose Chapter 25 talks about XLN's training for that dual sword technique with Zhou Bo Tong... More please.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkshineknight
    Can soneone plzzzzzzzzzz post up the links to all the translations of roch as there are so many bits and pieces, and also post up translations out side this website as well (i only know of this websites who do translations )

Noodles has put them in a thread called 'ROCH excerpts', you just need to open your eyes wide ...........

i've been reading this translation, good work noodles.
    wonder if you are going to finish this novel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    Noodles has put them in a thread called 'ROCH excerpts', you just need to open your eyes wide ...........
    'clears throat' i know that, but there are also translations else where that i have read you know like the chap 26 onwards thread

thankxxx

most of the pieces and bits of translations(if not all) are lying in this subforum, pretty easy to find really...and uh, i havent' come across any other translations outside spcnet.tv (i include lanny lin's xajh cuz its linked)

Quote Originally Posted by letalforever
    most of the pieces and bits of translations(if not all) are lying in this subforum, pretty easy to find really...and uh, i havent' come across any other translations outside spcnet.tv (i include lanny lin's xajh cuz its linked)
    well what i really ment was like a thread that has got all the bits and pieces posted up so one, there is no commets etc between the translations. two, they will all be in one area. so like noodles page with all the links of the translations bit without the links but with all the actual translations. see as far as i know there is a place for the chap 1-8 the the 8-24 then a 26-? and now there's a 24-? and there is also a roch execps, i just wondered if it was a good idea to put up the actual thing in one place?

thankxxx

You mean like all translations in just one thread, right? And minus the comments from the people? I don't know. That's kinda hard to achieve in a forum. People are bound to make their comments. But it would be extremely convenient for us readers. I guess it all just depends on who takes the initiative.

hae you ever gone to that ancient tomb site? don´t you felt bad seeing the profile of yang guo? it was almost like seeing the profile of a fight game character such as street fight, tekken etc... I mean: SPECIAL POWERS: THIS THIS AND THAT; OTHER ABILITIES: CAN SEE IN THE DARK (?) AND OTHER... really something superficial don't you think...?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by darkshineknight
    well what i really ment was like a thread that has got all the bits and pieces posted up so one, there is no commets etc between the translations. two, they will all be in one area. so like noodles page with all the links of the translations bit without the links but with all the actual translations. see as far as i know there is a place for the chap 1-8 the the 8-24 then a 26-? and now there's a 24-? and there is also a roch execps, i just wondered if it was a good idea to put up the actual thing in one place?
    the area exist for that purpose but the material doesn't being updated anymore. Its called the Jin Yong Reading Room - http://www.spcnet.tv/jinyong/jyreadingroom.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    hae you ever gone to that ancient tomb site? don´t you felt bad seeing the profile of yang guo? it was almost like seeing the profile of a fight game character such as street fight, tekken etc... I mean: SPECIAL POWERS: THIS THIS AND THAT; OTHER ABILITIES: CAN SEE IN THE DARK (?) AND OTHER... really something superficial don't you think...?
    You noticed that too? Hehe. It's well...different. Personally, I have no problems with it. It's just that there's little info there. Like I said in another thread, maybe it's still under construction, in which case, I'll visit it again someday when it got more stuffs to offer.

Default ROCH Ch 25?

Can anybody please tell me where to find the translation for ROCH Ch 25? By Noodles, Athena...or whoever it is? Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by byelnats
    Can anybody please tell me where to find the translation for ROCH Ch 25? By Noodles, Athena...or whoever it is? Thank's
    You won't find anywhere 'cause it hasn't been done... you'll (as the rest of us) have to wait a bit more... don't worry it's pretty normal the missing-roch symptoms... just don't kill urself

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    You won't find anywhere 'cause it hasn't been done... you'll (as the rest of us) have to wait a bit more... don't worry it's pretty normal the missing-roch symptoms... just don't kill urself
    Hehehe, I'm indeed experiencing 'the missing-roch symptoms', but I won't kill myself. Just hope Noodles will be able to translate it soon

Reading Lanny Lin Excerpt I came up with a question... Is Du Gu Seeking A Loss the Master Dongfang Unbeatable of The "Smilling Proud Wanderer" I haven't read SPW so I don't know...

I was just wondering why Lanny Lin was doing ONly DuGu excerpts and when I was seeing the Characters list os SPW I ended up looking at this name...
    Last edited by Felipe; 03-05-05 at 01:04 AM.

Felipe,

DGKB is a legendary swordsman who existed in the era between DGSD and LOCH, the self proclaimed no .1 swordsman of his era who was unbeaten and created some martial arts tecnhiques and theories used in later generations by YG in ROCH and LHC in SOD.

DFBB, Dong Fang Bu Bai, literally translated as undefeated in asia, is the master of the Sun Moon Holy Sect in SOD. As you haven't read SOD before, i would be hesistant to give more spoilers about him. He is, again, not DGKB.

Dong Fang = The East = China (+ Japan and Korea), not Asia. It's his surname anyway.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Han Solo
    Felipe,

DGKB is a legendary swordsman who existed in the era between DGSD and LOCH, the self proclaimed no .1 swordsman of his era who was unbeaten and created some martial arts tecnhiques and theories used in later generations by YG in ROCH and LHC in SOD.

DFBB, Dong Fang Bu Bai, literally translated as undefeated in asia, is the master of the Sun Moon Holy Sect in SOD. As you haven't read SOD before, i would be hesistant to give more spoilers about him. He is, again, not DGKB.
    Candide
    Dong Fang = The East = China (+ Japan and Korea), not Asia. It's his surname anyway.

Thank you a lot guys...

Just something I don't know much about Louis Cha novels so:

DGSD is chronologically before LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, right?. And when should I put Smiling Proud Wanderer (I'll assume its the same as SDO)? And DuGU seeking a Loss mentioned in DGSD? Other thing... DG seeking a Loss is just a fictive character of Louis Cha universe, right?
    Sorry to bother and the poor english.
    PS.: I did not read DGSD too so sorry for dumb questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I am not too sure if Dong Fang as used in the Ming dynasty had the same meaning as Dong Fang as used now.

Before the 19th century I think the Han Chinese thought of themselves as the center of the universe, certaintly not as people living in the East. So Dong Fang back then probably just refers to the eastern parts of the Middle Kingdom. Outside the context of surnames that is.