Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    can i translate the nex part??????? can i can i can i!!!!!!!! hehehe........but fox u can post ur translation 2......actually plz post ur translation up so i can read PLZ thanx!!!!!!!!!! teehee!!!!!!! i translated a lil bit of it.....but ill add more to it...kk? ill c if i can post if 2nite!!!!!!
    I think we should just let fox doing it while he has the energy to do so, its better this way as to make the translation flow better, maybe if the translation stop than you can continue, or you can try other book such as TLBB which left hanging for a very loooooong time

can i translate the nex part??????? can i can i can i!!!!!!!! hehehe........but fox u can post ur translation 2......actually plz post ur translation up so i can read PLZ thanx!!!!!!!!!! teehee!!!!!!! i translated a lil bit of it.....but ill add more to it...kk? ill c if i can post if 2nite!!!!!!
    Hmmm, i don't know if fox-s will agree but as for me I think you should give it a shot. There is no harm done in trying, I believe you can increase your accuracy by doing so, and in the future you can still translate even if the others stop and by that time your translations should now be very good. Actually I envy you cause you can translate, you see Im limited to english LOL! Anyway good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Hmmm, i don't know if fox-s will agree but as for me I think you should give it a shot. There is no harm done in trying, I believe you can increase your accuracy by doing so, and in the future you can still translate even if the others stop and by that time your translations should now be very good. Actually I envy you cause you can translate, you see Im limited to english LOL! Anyway good luck to you!

Yeah!! Jin_Yong_Fan you should try, do your best! Soon you'll be much better. Give it your best shot, as what Bangs said 'There's no harm in trying'
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Yeah!! Jin_Yong_Fan you should try, do your best! Soon you'll be much better. Give it your best shot, as what Bangs said 'There's no harm in trying'
    what I mean is no mix-up/rojak(malay word - lol ) in a translation, if she want to try why not tackle chapter that is still not being translated and try to synchronise translation work with other translator (IcyFox, Xiao Long Nu etc)..

suggestion from IcyFox:

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Hey I got another idea.

From now I will translate the remaining odd chapters (Chap 35, 37, 39) while the others like Foxs, Xiao_Long_Nu and others (can't remember...) can do the even chapters since they have almost completed Chap 32. Lighter workload for all of us... What do you guys think?

Like when they finish Chap 34 I will post Chap 35... so 2 chapters can be translated simultaneously... makes it seem faster (although mathematically its still the same ).

So I'm translating Chap 35 now... Should be ready by next week... (Hope so.)

Thank you so much fox-s Really I would give you a hug if you were here.

This is such a sad part of the novel. I feel sorry for YG - he already suffered through so much and now losing XLN... (I guess she left him in order to save him, just a guess)

As I read further chapters my admiration for XLN grows. She is both strong and sweet, great warrior but also very kind hearted. All in all my fave martial art novel lady indeed!

jin-yong-fan, it is great to see that you are willing to translate! Thank you so much! Why don't you pm fox-s to arrange a schedule so that none you will double translate (and we all get to read more chapters no?)

Default Ideas ... ideas ... and more ideas ...

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Thank you so much fox-s Really I would give you a hug if you were here.

..deleted..

jin-yong-fan, it is great to see that you are willing to translate! Thank you so much! Why don't you pm fox-s to arrange a schedule so that none you will double translate (and we all get to read more chapters no?)
    I do not mind at all: the hugs and jin_yong_fan's intention to translate .. yet I feel that other's opinions were also correct.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    I think we should just let fox doing it while he has the energy to do so
    You are right. All your positive comments have perked me up. I was busy, but I worked some more last night, and I have something I can post today. I hate for jin_yong_fan to work hard, and then I post the same material.

IcyFox suggestion on alternating chapter was also very good.

Here is what I think:

jin_yong_fan, why don't you start on Chapter 34, the before posting it, send it to me, I will look at it as much as I can, then post it as your work.

What do you guys think?
    foxs

Default Chapter 32 Part 8

Note: I have an access to a scanner, so I attached a picture to the Chapter 32 Part 7. You might want to check it out. It was taken from the first edition, very old ...

Moved to Post #622

to be continued ... maybe tomorrow.
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:08 PM.
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    I do not mind at all: the hugs and jin_yong_fan's intention to translate .. yet I feel that other's opinions were also correct.

You are right. All your positive comments have perked me up. I was busy, but I worked some more last night, and I have something I can post today. I hate for jin_yong_fan to work hard, and then I post the same material.

IcyFox suggestion on alternating chapter was also very good.

Here is what I think:

jin_yong_fan, why don't you start on Chapter 34, the before posting it, send it to me, I will look at it as much as I can, then post it as your work.

What do you guys think?
    Now that is a great idea. Jin_yong_fan can translate chapter 34 under the guidance of his foxyness-s! How can anything go wrong? Win-win situation for everyone!

We're in danger of becoming logical here.Yee Haw!
    Wizard

Another cliff hanger... Must... Have next.. translation... *Keeps checking computer evrey few seconds*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

an entire ch to translate.....thats hard!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant do it!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

It's okay. *pats Jin_Yong_fan's back* You don't even have to try. Remember; this isn't something that has to be done in one day (although most of us wish it... ).
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

You can do it! Start slowly and pick up your pace as u go. Divide the chapter into several parts and let foxy check it for you. "If there is a will, there is a way."

You can do it! Start slowly and pick up your pace as u go. Divide the chapter into several parts and let foxy check it for you. "If there is a will, there is a way."
    Foxy? Which one?

Foxy? Which one?
    That's a good question...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Foxy? Which one?
    Foxy-s! If I refer to you I'd say IcyFoxy!

Suddenly her eyes lit. Clapping her hands she exclaimed, “Guo Er! Omigod! Congratulations! Guo Er! Let me congratulate you!”

Wow Huang Rong sounds like an American...

He turned his head and his gaze stopped at two lines of characters carved by a sword on the cliff’s wall. It read, “Sixteen years later we will meet here. Love between us is so great, don’t break your promise.” Underneath was carved in smaller characters, “Xiao Long Nuu writes to Yang-Lang. Take care of yourself till we meet again.” [Translator’s note: I am not good at writing romantic sentences, anybody with a better idea, please feel free to help]
    Let me try...
    This is exactly what she said :

十六年后,在此相会,夫妻情深,勿失信约。
    (Shi liu nian hou, zhai chi xiang hui, fu qi qing shen, hu shi sing yue)

Meaning : 16 years later, meet at this place, the love between (us) husband and wife is profoundly deep, never fail this promise.

Then 小龙女书嘱夫君杨郎,珍重万千,务求相聚。
    (Xiao Long Nu shu zhu fu jun Yang-lang, zhen zhong wan qian, wu qiu xiang ju)
    Meaning : Xiao Long Nu addresses my lord Yang-lang, please treasure this, beg that you fufill this reunion.

That's my best shot...

Foxy-s! If I refer to you I'd say IcyFoxy!
    In that case I'll just go home and sleep... Hey wait a minute... I am at home...
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-17-05 at 06:19 AM.

Default Still more ideas ...

IcyFox: Wow Huang Rong sounds like an American...

Foxs: I can't help it ... As you know, I am not a professional writer, and sometimes it is just hard to convey a message as this one. So, whatever came to my mind, i.e. how would I or somebody I know say the same thought, that's what I put into the story. Sorry ..

On your other suggestion, I think I like most of it, I will edit it Monday. I don't have a high speed internet at home, it is so slow ...

Jin_Yong_Fan, do you think I spend ALL my time translating ROCH? 'course not! If you remember my first posting, it was short, and I spent more time on that one than the next several postings.

Listen to your Senior, i.e. Bangs ... Just do one or two pages at a time, like what you did when you post your work on the battle on that stone bridge.

Good luck!
    foxs

Default Chapter 32 Part 9

Moved to Post #622

to be continued ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:10 PM.
    foxs

Originally Posted by fox-s
    Suddenly her eyes lit. Clapping her hands she exclaimed, “Guo Er! Omigod! Congratulations! Guo Er! Let me congratulate you!”

How about: Clapping her hands she exclaimed, “Guo’er! Great gods! Congratulations Guo’er! Let me congratulate you!” ??

Now that's enthusiasm!
    Time to go editing now.
    Wizard