Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

I just finish reading the translations on this thread and it was great. I just wanted to post this reply to remind the translators of this thread that there are excerpts of ROCH in another thread that can be used in the translation. They are mostly excerpts of major fighting scenes in the later chapters. You don't have to re-translate these parts, just copy and paste them here when you come to these parts. Just remember to give credit to whoever translated these parts. I saw a translation of the end of chapter 32 that can used.
    Oh yeah the fighting scene between YG and ZBT has some missing scenes in between the fighting, so if if you are using it please translate the missing parts. Lastly, I just want to thank to translators of this thread for translating this story for all the people who can't read Chinese like me, thank you.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar
    I just finish reading the translations on this thread and it was great. I just wanted to post this reply to remind the translators of this thread that there are excerpts of ROCH in another thread that can be used in the translation. They are mostly excerpts of major fighting scenes in the later chapters. You don't have to re-translate these parts, just copy and paste them here when you come to these parts. Just remember to give credit to whoever translated these parts. I saw a translation of the end of chapter 32 that can used.
    where are these translations?

Scroll down to the display options, it only has post for one month. Change it to from the beginning, the thread is on page 4 entitle ROCH excerpts.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Originally Posted by fox-s
    Suddenly her eyes lit. Clapping her hands she exclaimed, “Guo Er! Omigod! Congratulations! Guo Er! Let me congratulate you!”

How about: Clapping her hands she exclaimed, “Guo’er! Great gods! Congratulations Guo’er! Let me congratulate you!” ??

Now that's enthusiasm!
    Time to go editing now.
    Wizard
    Wow... She sounds like one of those stereotypical blonde girls (no offence to anyone who actually is blonde).

but then again... my translating abilities are... crap. Unless I'm speaking. I translate for my relatives who can't speak English... but I can barely read... and plus... My main dialect is Techew/Diojiu/Choucho (whatever you wanna call it it's all the same.)
    Last edited by Da Bao; 12-18-05 at 12:32 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Thanks fox-s!! Poor YG loosing his wife for 16 years OMG!

@Da Bao: YG goes on living w/o his wife for 16 years, yet he remains faithful and waits for her patiently. No one irl can show so much devotion and he is guy too. Imagine supressing his other needs (if you know what i mean) for 16 years. Still don't like YG? He's the man!

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s

Here is what I think:

jin_yong_fan, why don't you start on Chapter 34, the before posting it, send it to me, I will look at it as much as I can, then post it as your work.

What do you guys think?

OK not bad. Let's do it...

IcyFox: Wow Huang Rong sounds like an American...

Foxs: I can't help it ... As you know, I am not a professional writer, and sometimes it is just hard to convey a message as this one. So, whatever came to my mind, i.e. how would I or somebody I know say the same thought, that's what I put into the story. Sorry ..

Hey relax pal... I'm not too... and my YG / GX etc. sound like British!
    It's not a bad thing to have a multi-nationality RoCH LOL

Anyway Chap 32 is almost done... Let's see, what's left?
    Oh the part where YG becomes sworn siblings with those 2 girls and then went back to train under Big Bird.

And what happened to Xiao_long_Nu? She jumped down the cliff in Chap 32, yeah I know.
    No seriously, where has she gone to?
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-18-05 at 09:51 AM.

Default Chapter 32 Part 10

Moved to Post #622

To be continued … don’t miss out the last part of Chapter 32, coming soon to a forum near you …
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:11 PM.
    foxs

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

no......

i hate these cliff hangers

great work! keep it up!

Gad! I just looked back at my copy of chapter 1 and found I have a lot of editing to do. In just about every case where there should have been " there was a ?. The same with words like won?t instead of won't. Will I have to check every chapter again? I could be busy for days.
    Wizard

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

i didnt kno that Li Mochou took the manual and destroyed it in the fire????? when did this happen?????

wonderful translation!!!!!!! wish i could do that well!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Gad! I just looked back at my copy of chapter 1 and found I have a lot of editing to do. In just about every case where there should have been " there was a ?. The same with words like won?t instead of won't. Will I have to check every chapter again? I could be busy for days.
    Wizard
    Did some random checks on other chapters.....
    Waaaaa!
    Sooo much work-sooo much time!
    If I didn't like this book so much I'd.....
    Wizard
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-18-05 at 11:18 PM.

Thank you sir foxy! Nothing much happened though...

@JamesG: You can do it dude, hang in there!

Unfortunately, that manual was taken by Li Mochou and was destroyed in the fire.

I think this is a mistake. The manual was written by Lin Chao Ying on the walls in the Ancient Tomb.

The part said something like Li Mo Chou wanting to learn from the manual her whole life but didn't have the chance to do that when she perished in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

Thank you sir foxy! Nothing much happened though...

@JamesG: You can do it dude, hang in there!
    Managed two chapters tonight and I'm crosseyed!

Default Manual

I think this is one difference of first edition compared to the other (2nd or 3rd). In my book, it happened when YG & XLN were trying to cure XLN's injury inside the tomb. Remember that Li Mochou together with Guo Fu and the other also found passage to the tomb. Li Mochou found YG & XLN first, while Guo Fu & co. were trapped inside a room. Li Mochou asked where the manual is, and YG just gave it to her. Li Mochou has never had any opportunity to learn from it though.

Hope it clarify things a little bit.
    foxs

Default Chapter 32 Part 11

Moved to Post #622

End of Chapter 32
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:12 PM.
    foxs

WOW! Amazing! Thank you Foxyness!

Another chapter complete! Thanks fox-s
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar
    Oh yeah the fighting scene between YG and ZBT has some missing scenes in between the fighting, so if if you are using it please translate the missing parts. Lastly, I just want to thank to translators of this thread for translating this story for all the people who can't read Chinese like me, thank you.
    Thanks for your info. Unfortunately, I do not have high speed internet at home, so I did not check the thread until it was too late.

Anyway, this brought something up:

Up till last night I was still thinking of maybe finishing up Chapter 25 (that is, if nobody else is doing it). However, reading the excerpts, and comments on the Jade Maiden manual, I realized that even though the basic story line is still the same, there are several differences in details. I don't know how important these details are, but I don't think it is a good idea for me to work with First Edition as my reference.

Thank you for all your support during the completion of chapter 32. I really appreciate all of you.
    foxs

Thumbs up

WOW! only 7 more chapters to go in ROCH!

thank u all translators who have been working in this.

now can any one compile the entire chapter in one single post or is it only translators privilage?(would be a lot easier to read if entire chapter is in one post rather than searching each segment here and there hehe )