Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Default Chapter 29-4

Ch29 (paragraph 111-140)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guo Fu, Yelu Qi, and the others were trapped in the stone chamber. These people entered the secret passage from the bottom of the creek and the fire kits they carried inside were all soaked and hence difficult to catch fire. They groped around in darkness. How could they possibly find a way out? The five people were at their wits’ end so they just sat there idly on the ground.

Wu Santong was incessantly cursing Li Mochou’s treacherously evil trick. Guo Fu, who was already extremely anxious, heard Wu Santong’s non-stop scolding and became agitated. She couldn’t bear to keep her mouth shut and so she said, “Wu Bobo [Uncle Wu], you knew before that Li Mochou was treacherously evil, how come you didn’t guard against her? What use is cursing when the damage is done?” Wu Santong was startled and couldn’t say anything to respond.

Since the Wu brothers had met Guo Fu again, each was sick at heart. While with the Yelu siblings and Wanyan Ping, everybody was having a good time together but they didn’t really have a chance to talk to Guo Fu directly. This time Wu Xiuwen heard her snapping at his father. He couldn’t bear it and said, “We came to Gu Mu to help your little sister and unfortunately met with a disaster. Everybody is about to perish together like this and you still let out you your lady’s temper...” He was about to continue but then Wu Duiru called out, “Didi! [Younger Brother!]” This time Wu Xiuwen shut up. He spoke out of irritation. But after the words were uttered, he even greatly surprised himself. He’d always complied to Guo Fu’s every wish and in no way would dare to cross her in the slightest. Who would have thought that today he would unexpectedly rebuke her in a severe tone like this?

Guo Fu was also startled. She was going to back talk but couldn’t think of anything to say. She thought about how she would definitely die a sad death inside Gu Mu and from now on wouldn’t be able to see her parents again. Her heart was aching. In the darkness nobody could see anything so she let out a whimpering cry. Hearing her crying, Wu Xiuwen felt sorry and said, “Okay, what I said was wrong. I apologize.” Guo Fu sobbed, “What good is an apology?” and cried even harder. She pulled up a piece of cloth by her hand to blow her nose. Then she realized that she was leaning against someone’s leg and the cloth she used to wipe her nose was shockingly that person’s gown.

Guo Fu was alarmed and hurriedly sat up. She heard Wu Santong and his sons speaking and knew that the three people didn’t sit by her side. There left only Yelu Qi who had been keeping silent. So that person naturally was him. Her face reddened and she babbled, “I.. ..”

Yelu Qi suddenly said, “Listen, what sound is that?” The four people tilted their heads to listen but couldn’t hear anything. Yelu Qi said, “Hmm, it is a baby crying. Guo Guniang [Miss Guo], that must be your little sister.” This sound traveled through a stone wall and was particularly feeble. If not for his cultivated internal strength that heightened his aural sense, he wouldn’t be able to hear it. As he got up and walked a few steps, the crying sound immediately weakened. He figured out, “Since the baby’s cry can pass through, this stone chamber must have a ventilation place.” Immediately he concentrated to listen, trying to identify where the cry spreaded from.

He walked a few steps to the west, the crying sound slightly weakened. He turned back to the east, the crying was louder. Then he dashed towards the northeast and heard the sound quite clearly. So he walked to the northeast corner and extended his sword to hit the stone wall lightly. The ‘kong-kong-kong’ sounds were slightly different as if the wall there was specially thin. He resheathed his sword and used both palms to push out against the stones but nothing moved. He took a deep breath and sent his strength to both palms, using the “stick” technique. The strength was sent out, making a crashing sound. That stone chunk was indeed drawn out by the strength of his palm and fell on the ground.

Guo Fu and the others were pleasantly surprised. They cheered out loud in one voice and scrambled forwards to pull out three chunks of stones. This time a body could pass through and the many people got out one by one. Following the sound, they entered a small stone chamber. In the darkness, Guo Fu heard that baby crying out extremely loudly and stretched her hand out to hug her immediately.

This baby was of course Guo Xiang. As Yang Guo was helping Xiao Longnu to clear her pressure points and also fighting with Li Mochou, he missed the baby’s feeding time, causing her to cry out fiercely. Guo Fu did all she could to coax the baby, both patting and rocking her. But Guo Xiang, with someone holding her, cried even harder. Guo Fu ran out of patience and gave her to Wu Santong. She said, “Wu Bobo [Uncle Wu], please take a look what’s wrong with her.”

Yelu Qi traced his hand on a table and found a candle, along with a knife and flint. He immediately lit the candle. The many people had been in the gloomy darkness for a very long time. Now appeared a sudden light. They were all overjoyed and cried out in delight.

Wu Santong actually had sons. Hearing Guo Xiang crying like this, he knew that she was hungry. On the table, he saw the fine bee syrup water and a small wood-carved spoon so he scooped up the syrup water to feed her. As it passed through her mouth, Guo Xiang stopped crying as expected. Yelu Qi laughed and said, “If not for little Miss Guo’s crying out of hunger, I’m afraid we’d all have to die in that stone chamber.”

Wu Santong bitterly said, “We’d better go find Li Mochou.” Then each person broke off the legs of the table and chairs and lit the fire to make torches to be used on their way. At every corner, Wu Duiru used his sword tip to make a mark for fear that they would get lost on their way back.

As the five people entered a room, there was also another room. They raised their torches to search for Li Mochou’s traces and saw that this ancient tomb was gigantic, with winding corridors and great many rooms. All were endlessly amazed. Nobody could have expected that a magnificent construction like this would be hidden under a small mountain creek.

Then they entered Xiao Longnu’s bed chamber and saw several Soul Freezing needles lying on the floor. Guo Fu wrapped her hand with a piece of cloth and picked up two needles. She said, “This time I will return these poisoned needles to the evil witch.”

As Yang Guo used his internal energy to help Xiao Longnu expel the poisons, he saw dark liquid slowly seeping out from the five fingertips on her left hand. Only that it would take a while to remove all the poisons. Suddenly he heard the sound of footsteps coming from the corridor. There were five people coming in total. Yang Guo was secretly startled and thought that the enemies always came to attack at every critical moment. Li Mochou alone had been difficult enough. How would he deal with five people? Xiao Long Nu had just cleared her pressure points and her internal energy was weak. If the poisons weren’t driven out immediately, they were bound to enter her pressure points and spreaded out. Suddenly he saw lights flashing from the distance. Those five people were moving closer. Yang Guo then reached out his arm to carry Xiao Longnu and then jumped onto the empty coffin that was on top of Li Mochou. He pushed open the coffin lid with his palm.

The two people were hiding in the coffin when Yelu Qi and the others came in. Seeing that there were five coffins in the room, the five people all became startled, faintly feeling that this was too big a coincidence and a bad omen. Guo Fu couldn’t bear it and said, “Hmmph, there are five of us here and there are five coffins!”

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu inside the stone coffin heard Guo Fu’s voice. Puzzled, they thought, “How come she’s here?” Yang Guo’s left hand had never left Xiao Longnu’s palm, still forcing out the poisons. He heard that Guo Fu was among the five people. Even though surprised, he was relieved, thinking that she wouldn’t dare to take advantange of someone in a precarious situation. So he said nothing and kept concentrating on sending out his energy to expel the poisons.

Yelu Qi already heard the breathing sound from the stone coffin and thought it was Li Mochou who hid in there with a devious trick. This time he wouldn’t be fooled again and so he immediately made a hand signal, calling the four people to surround the coffin. Guo Fu noticed that the coffin lid and the coffin itself were not aligned and she could see the hem of a gown through the crack. She concluded that it was Li Mochou hiding in there. She laughed and thought, “I’m going to pay you back in your own coin!” She used her energy to push the coffin lid with her left palm and then fiercely shot out the two Soul Freezing needles.

These two needles were sent out at close range. Also, there was no room in the coffin to move aside. The Yang Long couple cried out in surprise, “Ayo!” One needle hit Yang Guo’s right leg while the other struck Xiao Longnu’s left shoulder.

Having sent out the needles, Guo Fu was very pleased with herself. But then she actually heard the surprised cries from a man and a woman inside the coffin. Her heart jumped and she also let out an ‘Ayo’ cry. Yelu Qi kicked out his left leg. There came a crashing sound while the coffin lid fell down on the floor. With a tremble, Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu stood up tall. Under the torch lights, the two people’s faces were pale as they sadly looked at each other.

Guo Fu didn’t know that this time she herself had created a bigger disaster than cutting off Yang Guo’s arm and only felt slightly sorry. She said apologetically, “Yang Dage [Big Brother Yang], Long Zizi [Elder Sister Long], little sister didn’t know it was you two and accidentally shot out the needles. Luckily, my mother has the antidote to this poison. Years ago, my pet condors were injured by Li Mochou’s needles and it was mother who cured them. Why were you hiding inside the coffin? Who would have thought it was the two of you?”

She thought about how she herself had cut off Yang Guo’s arm and how he’d bent her sword. She figured that they were about even. Let alone the fact that her mother had already scolded her vehemently for this. She mused, “I didn’t come to blame you. That should be enough.” She’d always had an upper hand since childhood. Others looked up to her parents and always gave in to her. Therefore, she only thought about herself and didn’t take other people into consideration. Speaking in retrospect, the Yang-Long couple were not supposed to be hiding in the coffin and therefore gave her a fright. She would not have thought that at the time Xiao Longnu was hit by the silver needle, the poisons inside her body had just stopped flowing out. Suddenly she was violently hit like this, the poisons from the “Five Poisons Divine Palm” all flew backwards, entering the major pressure points on her whole body. This time even if there were a divine pill of immortality, there wouldn’t have been a way to save her. Li Mochou’s silver needle inflicted no more than a flesh wound and, with a proper treatment, one could be cured. However, the poisons inside her were severe beyond reasoning.

Xiao Longnu was still for a moment but then she felt as if her chest was empty like there was nothing inside and her heart went missing. Then she turned her head to look at Yang Guo and saw in his eyes a heartache, a combination of grief and indignation. His whole body was trembling. He looked as if the lifetime of sadness and abuse all came out at this time. Xiao Longnu couldn’t bear to see him bitter and miserable like this so she gently said, “Guo Er, our destiny is like this. Let’s not resent other people. Don’t be so bitter.” She then stretched out her hand to pull out the silver needle from his leg and then later the other poisoned needle from her shoulder. Unlike the Five Poisons Divine Palm that Li Mochou had created herself, the Soul Freezing needles were passed on by her ancestor master and so she carried the antidote with her. She gave Yang Guo one grain and she herself took another. Filled with immense hatred, Yang Guo made a sound and spat out the antidote onto the ground.

Guo Fu angrily said, “Ayo, very big of you. Is this to say I came here to harm you on purpose? I did apologize and that should be enough. What’s with the temper? They were only two small needles. What’s a big deal?” Wu Santong saw the sad expression on Yang Guo’s face gradually concealed and replaced by a rising anger. He also saw him picking up the shiny big black sword from the ground. Knowing something was not right, he quickly went forward and coaxed, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang], please don’t be upset. The five of us were trapped inside a stone chamber by Li Mochou and escaped with great difficulty. Guo Guniang [Miss Guo] was rash, mistaking.. ..”

Guo Fu butted in, “What? Was I rash? You yourself also thought it was Li Mochou. If not, why haven’t you said something?” Wu Santong eyed Yang Guo and then looked at Guo Fu, not knowing how to appease them.

Xiao Longnu took out another grain of antidote and in a low voice she said, “Guo Er, take the antidote. Don’t you listen to my words anymore?” Hearing Xiao Longnu’s gentle urge, Yang Guo opened his mouth and swallowed. He thought about how the two of them wrestled with life and death with difficulty for the last few days and how finally it was all for nothing. He couldn’t bear it any longer and suddenly knelt down to loudly cry on the stone coffin.

Wu Santong and the others looked at one another in blank dismay. All were thinking that he had always been extremely strong and full of spirit. How come today, after being hit by just a small needle, he was weeping so bitterly like this?

Xiao Longnu reached out her hand to stroke Yang Guo’s hair and said, “Guo Er, you tell them to go. I don’t like them in here.” The plain sentence “I don’t like them in here” already contained her biggest hatred and resentment.

Yang Guo stood up. His eyes began with Guo Fu and then scanned the people one by one. Even though he was extremely angry and hateful, he eventually realized that Guo Fu’s launching the silver needles was an inadvertent mistake. Except blaming her for being rash, he couldn’t say she was wrong. Let alone the fact that even if he used the sword to split her open, he still wouldn’t be able to save Xiao Longnu’s life. He picked up his sword with rage in his eyes. Suddenly he raised his black iron heavy sword and there came a thundering sound and flying sparks. Surprisingly he only chopped the stone coffin they were hiding in earlier into two sections. This strike was executed not only out of male strength, but also out of bottomless grief and indignation.

Seeing his strike to be this incredibly powerful, Guo Fu and the others couldn’t help becoming startled. They saw with their own eyes how thick and heavy the coffin was. It was chiseled from granite. To break it into two pieces, a stone mason using a big axe to cut it for half a day still wouldn’t be able to do it. If Yang Guo had used a large mountain-cutting axe or a thick machete, it might have been conceivable. But long swords were originally light and quick weapons, which were treasured for their sharp blades. If colliding with a solid stone like this, they would immediately snap. Who would have thought that this sword could cut through a stone like it was clay. As soon as the blade dropped, the coffin broke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-18-05 at 06:31 PM.

I was so happy you came back Bee. But Guo Fu filled myself with indignation...
    This Guo Fu... hell...

Well I'm still happy you came back... nice translation!

Waaahhh! I am so going to cry now...
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

There should still be more Guo Fu in the last bit of 29 I think. She was so obnoxious I had to stop :P

More misery should be coming up in a few days

Thank you so very much Bee Dreamer.

This is such a sad chapter. Is there no happiness for these lovers in the future?

Guo Fu is so stupid and full of herself. She is not even worthy of hatred (as a good adversary would), I just wish she would understand and pay for her mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    There should still be more Guo Fu in the last bit of 29 I think. She was so obnoxious I had to stop :P

More misery should be coming up in a few days
    Don't raise the suspense. Wanna kill us? We're already in despair

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Thank you so very much Bee Dreamer.

This is such a sad chapter. Is there no happiness for these lovers in the future?

Guo Fu is so stupid and full of herself. She is not even worthy of hatred (as a good adversary would), I just wish she would understand and pay for her mistakes.

They did find happiness near the end of the novel, Guo Fu also did come to her senses at the end as well when she is much older.

Default Chapter 29-5

Yang Guo saw the five people looking at each other in alarm. He then fiercely bellowed, “What did you come here for?” Wu Santong answered, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang], we followed Guo Furen [Madame Guo] to come look for you.” Yang Guo angrily retorted, “You came here to bring back her daughter, didn’t you? To get this little baby, you were willing to kill my dear wife.” Wu Santong was startled and said, “Kill your dear wife? Eh, that is Long Guniang [Miss Long].” Then he noticed that Xiao Longnu was wearing a bridal gown and immediately understood. He quickly said, “Your wife was hit by a poisoned needle. Guo Furen [Madame Guo]’s got the antidote. She is just outside.” Yang Guo made a spitting sound and shouted, “You people came in to cause ruckus like this, the poisons in her body turned to attack all her major pressure points. What would Guo Furen [Madame Guo] do? Does she have the skill to bring back the dead?” Wu Santong owed Yang Guo for saving his sons and therefore was extremely respectful of him. Although hearing him lashing out an accusation like this, he didn’t think to be defiant in the least bit. He only mumbled, “The poisons turned to attack all her major pressure points. This is no good.”

By the side, Guo Fu was getting mad. She heard Yang Guo speaking disrespectfully of her mother and flew into a rage. She shouted, “What has my mother done to you? At the time you were young, you were homeless. Wasn’t it my mother who sheltered you? She fed you. You.. Hmmph.. Instead, you turned out to be ungrateful and stole my little sister.” By this time, she had already known that even though her sister fell into Yang Guo’s hand, he had no evil intention. But as she was in a verbal fight with him, she didn’t think about what could or couldn’t be said and brought up this issue.

Yang Guo sneered and said, “Right, today I am ungrateful. You said I stole this child. I’ll take her and forever never return. How will you catch me?” Guo Fu tightened her left arm and firmly held her little sister. With her right arm, she raised the torch high to block the front part of her body. Wu Santong anxiously said, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang], your wife has been poisoned. We must soon detoxify the poisons..”

Yang Guo bitterly responded, “Wu Xiong [Brother Wu], it’s useless.” Suddenly he let out a long, loud roar and sent out his right sleeve. Guo Fu and the others all sensed a gust of wind blowing their way and their faces felt burning hot and painful like being scraped by a blade. The five torches were blown out and so the place immediately turned pitch black. They all gave out a loud ‘Ayo!’ cry. Yelu Qi was afraid that Yang Guo would hurt her so he jumped forward, only to hear Guo Xiang’s wailing from outside of the stone chamber. The many people were all suddenly alarmed. The wailing sound was already 20-30 feet away. They were moving fast, just like spirits.

Guo Fu cried out, “He snatched my little sister.” Wu Santong called out, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang], Long Guniang [Miss Long]! Yang Xiongdi, Long Guniang!” How could there be anyone to answer him? They all had no light and in the darkness couldn’t see what was going on. Yelu Qi said, “We must get out of here quick. Don’t let him close us in right here.” Wu Santong indignantly said, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang] was very kind and very righteous, why did he do this?” Guo Fu retorted, “His being kind and righteous.. .. We should go quick. What are we waiting here for?” Having said those few words, she suddenly heard two ‘ka-ka’ sounds from inside a stone coffin. And since the sounds were muffled by the coffin lid, they appeared really melancholy.

“There’s a ghost!” Guo Fu screamed, pulling Yelu Qi’s arm which was nearby. Wu Santong and the others clearly heard that the sounds came from inside the coffin as if a corpse was scrambling to get out. In the darkness, everybody was absolutely terrified.

Yelu Qi said to Wu Santong in a low voice, “Wu Shushu [Uncle Wu], you stay here. I’ll go overthere. If a corpse comes out, we’ll use our four palms to beat him to pulp. Then he grasped Guo Fu by her wrist and pulled her to stand behind his body for fear that the ghost would get up to harm people.

Then they heard a sudden sound of something flying out of the coffin. Wu Santong and Yelu Qi had earlier prepared to send out their energy. As they heard the whooshing sound, they lashed out their strikes. When the two people’s hands made contact with that thing, they together cried out, “Wretched!” What they actually hit was a chunk of long stone, which was laid in the coffin as a stone pillow. The two people used their whole strength in the attack. As that stone chunk was fiercely hit, it dropped onto the stone coffin and smashed it into flying fragments. The stone pillow itself split into several pieces. At the same time, there was another whooshing sound of something flying past them. Wu Santong and Yelu Qi were about to raise their palms to attack again but that thing had already floated away from them. They heard a ‘hei-hei’ cold laugh and then immediately came a bleak silence.

“Li Mochou!” Wu Santong said with a startle. Guo Fu cried out, “No, that was the corpse! How would Li Mochou be inside the coffin?” Yelu Qi let out a groan with his mouth hanging open. He didn’t believe that there were ghosts in the world but to think that it was Li Mochou was actually quite unreasonable. Obviously she and he himself came in together while Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu had actually been inside Gu Mu for many days. How could she be right under the Yang Long couple’s coffin? Wu Santong said, “Then where has Li Mochou gone to?” Yelu Qi said, “Everything inside the tomb is becoming weird. Let us get out of here first.” Guo Fu asked, “What should we do about my little sister?” Wu Santong then said, “We ran into a dead end but your mother will surely have a great plan. Let’s go out and ask her what to do.”

So the many people searched for a way out and returned to the mountain creek. From under the water, all they saw was red. The woods on both sides of the creek had caught fire and hot steams were attacking them. Horrified, Guo Fu called out, “Ma, Ma!” but didn’t hear any reply. Suddenly on the bank a big burning tree toppled down. Yelu Qi pulled her up and quickly jumped upstream, just in time to dodge the danger. It was deep winter at this time of year and all the plants were dried out and withering. So the mountain became a sea of fire. Even though the five people were soaked in the middle of the creek, the big fires were encroaching and their faces felt boiling hot.

Wu Santong said, “The Mongolian army must have been attacking the Chongyang Palace. They suffered defeat and then set fire to the mountain to vent their anger. Guo Fu worriedly cried out, “Ma, Ma! Where are you?” Suddenly on the left side of the creek she saw a woman figure skipping around to avoid the flames. “Ma, Ma! She cried out in delight and jumped up from the water to rush ahead. “Be careful!” Wu Santong called out after her and there suddenly came chaotic ‘ka-la’ sounds. Two big trees fell down, blocking his view.

Guo Fu rushed through the smoke and fires. At this time she was still in the water. First she thought about her mother. Second, she just came out of the darkness inside Gu Mu and into the sudden brightness. Her eyes couldn’t adjust and so she couldn't see things very clearly. As she got closer, she then realized that the back side of that figure didn’t seem right. She became startled. And when that person turned her body around, unexpectedly it was Li Mochou.

Earlier Li Mochou was trapped under the stone coffin by Yang Guo and had no way to get out. But afterwards Yang Guo struck the top coffin out of anger, causing the coffin lid below to also crack. She therefore escaped death by throwing out the stone pillow and leaping out after it.

Even though she was confined inside the coffin for less than an hour, she got a taste of what it was like being suffocated to death inside a coffin, which was truly the most painful and miserable situation. During this short period of time, she clenched her jaws, detesting every living person in the world. She thought to herself, “After I die, I must become an evil spirit. I will kill Yang Guo, Xiao Longnu, Wu Santong, Huang Rong.. ..” Not discriminating who it was, all she wanted was to kill everybody. Although she could escape by luck later, the hatred in her heart was actually not lightened. Suddenly seeing Guo Fu, she let out a smile and gently said, “Guo Guniang [Miss Guo], it’s you. The fires are burning with such ferocity. You must be careful.”

Guo Fu saw her friendly expression and was quite relieved. So she asked, “Did you see my mother?” Li Mochou moved a few steps closer and pointed to the left. She said, “She went that way, didn’t she?” Guo Fu looked towards the direction she just pointed. Li Mochou suddenly closed in and reached out to seal a pressure point below her waist. With a laugh she said, “Don’t worry. Your mother will come look for you.” She saw that the fires were nearing from all directions. If she was delayed again, her own life would be in danger. She jumped up and took off towards the west. Guo Fu was left paralyzed on the ground, only hearing the chilling sound of Li Mochou’s singing from behind the vilolent flames. She sang, “I ask the world. What is this love that makes people live and die for?”

The singing gradually faded away and the wind suddenly blew a thick plume of smoke, enveloping Guo Fu. She couldn’t move all her four limbs and so, choking in the smoke, she coughed out loudly. The Wu father and sons and Yelu Qi were standing midstream, with burning ashes filling their heads. Between the small creek and Guo Fu was a raging fire twenty-feet high. They knew perfectly well that Guo Fu was in imminent danger but if they were to go in and rescue her, they would only accompany her in death and so they couldn’t come up with a plan to save her.

In the smoke Guo Fu was disoriented and about to faint. She was so frightened that she couldn’t even cry out. Suddenly she heard someone’s shouting from the east side so she turned her head, only to see a whirlwind that wrapped around a gray shadow coming towards her. Wherever the spinning wind passed through, the fire would split open into two sections. That whirlwind reached her in just a short while. The shadow inside was of course Yang Guo. Guo Fu originally thought it was someone coming to rescue her and was delighted. But then she clearly saw that it was actually Yang Guo. Even though it was broiling hot outside, in her heart she felt as if she was drenched with cold water. She thought to herself, “I’m about to die and now he had to come to ridicule and humiliate me.” After all she was a daughter of Guo Jing and Huang Rong so she just viciously stared at Yang Guo and surprisingly was not afraid in the least bit.

Yang Guo rushed to her side, thrusting his sword at the area below her waist. “Be careful!” He shouted and wielded out his left arm. With his vigorous internal energy sending through the black iron sword, Guo Fu felt like she was riding a cloud while flying away in midair. She went over ten big trees that were burning and sending flames into the sky. And then with a splash, she fell into the creek. Yelu Qi quickly rushed forwards to support her and unseal her pressure point. Guo Fu was confused and disoriented. And after a while, she was weeping like a baby.

Originally Yang Guo brought Xiao Longnu and Guo Xiang out of the tomb and saw the Mongolian soldiers setting fire to the mountain. The Yang-Long two people had spent great many years together among these big trees and flowers. Suddenly seeing the fires, they really felt pains and regret. But the army was big and powerful and they had no way to fight them. Yang Guo didn’t know how long Xiao Longnu would last after the poisons had entered her major pressure points so he found a small cave covered with thatches to hide in temporarily.

A short while passed. From the distance they saw that Guo Fu was hurt by Li Mochou and the raging fires were about to burn her body. Yang Guo said, “Long Er, this girl not only harmed me, but also had to come to hurt you. Today, she’s finally getting what she deserves.” With a bright glow in her eyes, Xiao Longnu gazed at him and asked in bewilderment, “Guo Er, are you saying you aren’t gonna go and save her?” Yang Guo bitterly replied, “She’s hurt us like this and yet I'm not killing her with my own hand. I’m already doing right by her parents.” With a sigh Xiao Longnu said, “We are unfortunate. That is our brutal fate. If we could make other people happy, wouldn’t that be wonderful?”

Despite Yang Guo’s saying all these things, when seeing that the big fires were about to reach Guo Fu, he eventually couldn’t bear it and harshly said, “Great! Our fate is brutal. Everybody else’s is fine!” Then he soaked the long gown on this body and strapped on the black iron sword. He quickly conjured up his internal energy and from the sword created a whirlwind that blew away the raging fires. Then he sent Guo Fu out of danger. After that he returned to Xiao Longnu’s side. The hair on his head and his gown were all licked by the fires. His pants were on fire and even though he quickly put it out, the burnt areas on his legs already had countless blisters.

Xiao Longnu was carrying Guo Xiang and they retreated to the thatches they were hiding in earlier. While she stretched out her hand to tidy Yang Guo’s hair and clothes, she only felt that she had married such a heroic husband. She couldn’t restrain the pride in her heart. Standing in between the strong winds and the roaring flames, she leaned on Yang Guo and her face revealed a peaceful and joyous expression. Yang Guo focused his eyes on her, only to see that the big flames were bringing red to her cheeks, multiplying her delicate beauty and so he placed his arm around her waist. During this slice of time, the two people conveniently forgot all the sufferings and sorrows in the world.

The two people were standing in a high place. The Wu father and sons, Guo Fu and Yelu Qi five people, who were standing in the middle of the creek to avoid the fires, looked up and saw the married couple, with floating clothes and solemn postures. They looked just like dieties among mortals. Guo Fu had always looked down on Yang Guo but this time she suddenly felt inferior.

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu stood there for a moment. Xiao Longnu gazed at the blazing fires on the mountain. She sighed and said, “This place is being burnt down to the ground. It will take a long time for the flowers, plants, and trees to grow back. Do you think in the future there will ever be a beautiful scene again?” Yang Guo didn’t want her to feel bad for these things so with a smile he said, “We are newly wed. The Mongolian army set fires to congratulate us. How would they not use tons and tons flowers as candles? Xiao Longnu giggled. Yang Guo then said, “Let’s go rest in that cave. How do you feel?” Xiao Longnu replied, “I’m still okay.” Then, side by side, the two people walked off towards the back of the mountain.

Suddenly Wu Santong remembered something. He raised his voice and called out, “Yang Xiongdi [Brother Yang], my master and Zhu Shidi [Apprentice Brother Zhu] have been trapped in the Passionless valley [Jueqing Gu]. Are you gonna go and rescue them?” Yang Guo was startled and didn’t reply. He spoke to himself, “How am I still involved in these many things?”

He was deep in thought but for a while his feet didn’t stop. They walked to the back of the mountain where it was all rocky and nothing grew. Although Xiao Longnu’s poisons were severe, at this time they were yet to act up. Her pressure points had earlier been cleared so her martial skills were gradually coming back. With Guo Xiang in her arms, she walked quickly along the way. After walking for half an hour, the two people were already far away from the Chongyang Palace. And when they turned their heads to look back, the big fires were burning so intense that half the sky was glowing red.

The north wind was blowing more and more heavily. It was so cold that Guo Xiang’s small face became red like an apple. Xiao Longnu said, “We must go look for something to eat. The child is both cold and hungry. I’m afraid that she won’t be able to stand it.” Yang Guo then said, “I was really foolish. I don’t know why I snatched the baby and caused us an unnecessary burden.” Xiao Longnu bent down to kiss Guo Xiang’s face and said, “This little sister is very lovable. Don’t you like her?” Yang Guo laughed and said, “What’s so special about other people's children? Of course except we both make one ourselves.” Xiao Longnu face turned red. Yang Guo’s words touched a mother's instinct deep in her heart. She thought to herself, “Only if I could give you a child.. .. Alas, how would I have such a good fortune?”

For fear that she would be sad, Yang Guo didn’t dare to look her in the eyes. Instead, he lifted his head to check the weather and then saw that the northwest sky was low and heavy as if it would crush down any minute. He said, “Looks like today it will snow heavily. We’d better stay overnight in someone's home.” When they were evading the fires, they walked down the back of the mountain to a remote and uncultivated no-road area that was filled with scattered rock piles and thorny bushes. They climbed up to the high ground and looked in all directions. Unexpectedly there was no smoke from a house within a ten-mile radius. Yang Guo said, “The snow definitely won’t be light. If we get snowed in on the mountain, that could be pretty bad. Let’s push a little harder. Today we must get off the mountain.”

Then Xiao Longnu asked, “Do you think Uncle Wu and Guo Guniang [Miss Guo] would run into the Mongolian army? And could the Taoist priests from the Quan Zhen sect get away with their lives?” While saying this, she was genuinely concerned about these people. Yang Guo said, “Your conscience is really too good. These people have wronged you and yet you still don’t forget all about them. No wonder years ago your master realized that your conscience was too good. Afraid that you’d be miserable later on, she had you practice cutting off all emotions and desires, not involving yourself in all matters. Yet you’ve been caring for me, wasting your over-ten-year practice. You are also concerned about everybody.”

Xiao Longnu faintly smiled and said, “Is that so? I’ve made your life miserable. In bitterness there is sweetness. My worst fear is that you wouldn’t want me to be concerned about you.” Yang Guo said, “That’s right. The more bitter, the sweeter. It’s much better than no pain and no gain. I can be madly crazy but can’t stand too many of quiet and peaceful days.” Xiao Longnu giggled and said, “Didn’t you say we’d go south to farm, raise some chickens, and enjoy the sun? Yang Guo sighed and said, “I only hope we can always be like this.”

They walked for another several miles and then the empty sky was filled with flying snow. At the beginning it was quite light but then the north wind gradually picked up and the more it snowed the heavier it became. The two people knew they couldn’t set their mind at ease so after the blizzard, they were using their lightness skills to rush ahead.

Xiao Longnu suddenly asked, “Guo Er, where do you think my shizi [Apprentice Sister] has gone to?” Yang Guo responded, “You are still worried about her. We didn’t kill her this time and don’t know.. and don’t know..” He originally was going to say “and don’t know if we will be able to when we run into her again” but he was afraid that he’d give Xiao Longnu grief so he decided not to say it. Xiao Longnu said, “Shizi [Apprentice sister] is actually a very pitiful person.” Yang Guo said, “She isn’t willing to be pitiful alone but determines to make everybody in the world miserable like herself.”

While they were saying this, the sky became even gloomier. But as they came around the corner of the mountain, they suddenly saw a tiny little wooden house between two big pine trees. Several inches of thick white snow were accumulating on its roof.

Yang Guo said in delight, “Great. Let us stop here tonight.” They rushed forward but noticed that the door was left ajar, with no trail of footprints on the snow outside the house. In a clear voice he said, “We passers-by were out here in the snow. May we stay overnight at your place?” A while passed and there was no reply from inside the house.

Yang Guo pushed the door open and saw that there was noone inside. All the tables and benches were covered in dust, indicating that noone had occupied this place for a long time. He then called Xiao Longnu to enter the house. She shut the door and started a fire. An arrow was hung on a wooden wall and there was a rabbit snare in one corner of the room. It looked like this place was a temporary hunting shack. In another room there was a bed, with several already tattered wolf skins piling on top. Yang Guo picked up the arrow and went out to shoot a deer. When he came back, he skinned and dressed it. He used the snow to scrub it clean and then roasted it over the fire.

At this time it snowed even harder outside. But the fire was burning bright inside the house, making it warm like Spring. Xiao Longnu chewed the deer meat before feeding it to Guo Xiang. While flipping the meat back and forth over the fire, Yang Guo looked at the two of them with a smile.

The fire was gently crackling. The room was filled with the smell of roasted meat. A small shack on the wild mountain was indeed a warm and deliciously smelling world.

[END OF CHAPTER 29]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-28-05 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typos

Thanz millions Bee Dreamer
    i hate that Guo Fu...she is so so dumb...the dumbest ...no wonder why that Yelu Qi has some feelings for her...i would like to lock her up in fire...
    YG and XLN r really touching...why this couple has a lot of hard things in their lives...as i heard like "true love never comes smooth".... ohhh their love and affection r really real real
    thanz again Bee Dreamer...and pls keeep going

Guo Fu... no comments...

Please Bee. continue.. pls pls pls Please tell us you loved translate ROCH and will keep going ...

I got a kiss.. gotta rush back to translate more LOL

I hope we don't have to see Guo Fu for another little while.

Will start working on the first bit of 30.. may take a while though.. can't find that much time these days!

“Great! Our fate is brutal. Everybody else’s is fine!”

and he still went in and save Guo Fu.....he's a hero.

"Xiao Long Nuu chewed the deer meat before feeding it to Guo Xiang."

Isn't that a health hazard? Not to mention, unsanitary? LOL. God, I could just hire someone to kill that Guo Fu. I feel sorry for Yelu Qi. I was actually rooting for him and Wanyan Ping.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

BeeDreamer, you are an angel! Thank you very much.

This couple is so lovely and romantic.

I think Yang Guo would not go and save Guo Fu if Xiao Longnu has not asked him to. He is kind hearted but not as much as XLN.

Guo Fu is indeed very bad but I think Yang Guo saved more than her life. Knowing that this person still aided her despite all the despicable things she did to him, not to mention her superior attitude and throwing her parents' kindness into his face everytime, he still comes to rescue her. So maybe she will think about her life and attitude now that she had a near death experience, her character might improve also. Too bad she did not take after her father.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    BeeDreamer, you are an angel! Thank you very much.

This couple is so lovely and romantic.

I think Yang Guo would not go and save Guo Fu if Xiao Longnu has not asked him to. He is kind hearted but not as much as XLN.

Guo Fu is indeed very bad but I think Yang Guo saved more than her life. Knowing that this person still aided her despite all the despicable things she did to him, not to mention her superior attitude and throwing her parents' kindness into his face everytime, he still comes to rescue her. So maybe she will think about her life and attitude now that she had a near death experience, her character might improve also. Too bad she did not take after her father.
    I doubt... she will think that YG only did his obligation saving her... In HSDS Guo Xiang says that her Big Sister is arrogat and you have to give in to her all the time... so She didn't change at all...
    Only killing herself and reborning she may change... NOTE: she MAY change... only a possibility

Hello, Im just newly registered in the forums but Ive been reading this forum for a while now and Id like to express my thanks for all the work done by all translators (noodles,hanky panky,beedreamer,etc), thank you so much guys. Ive watched the LOCH anime and Ive been hooked to this story ever since, thanks a lot really! ^^

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Have finished (phew) translation of the mid part of chapter 27 (see posting #51 in this thread).
    Judging from the speed of Lady Bee's translation, her Chinese must be at least ten times better than mine

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    Have finished (phew) translation of the mid part of chapter 27 (see posting #51 in this thread).
    Judging from the speed of Lady Bee's translation, her Chinese must be at least ten times better than mine
    I don't think you should deny that you're quite fast yourself. You've probably done about 20 pages of the Chapter, which is a hefty amount as it already is.

Btw, did you use the First Edition? As I've noticed missing lines from some sections that includes this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    "Uncle and aunt Guo must be very depressed because I robbed the baby. Probably they were feeling worse compared to me. I can think that as a kind of revenge for losing my arm." After a while he thought: "Why didn't I took revenge directly? Is it because Guo Fu is a beautiful young girl? If the one who cuts my arm is a male, would I also have forgiven him too?"
    YG's supposed to say he will not give them back their baby as a consolation for the loss of his arm. And he asked himself whether it was his "Feng Liu" nature that brought himself to spare Guo Fu. I'm just a little curious, if you know what I mean...
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 07-06-05 at 12:42 PM.

t.h.a.n.k.s.

A complete chapter (27) Master Du Gu!

Feel like doing more? **evil grin**

PS: to rayon - Yang Guo chewed food for Guo Xiang in this part too.. Poor baby!
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-06-05 at 09:03 PM.

I think chewing food for the baby is not hazardous. I mean how are they supposed to feed the baby since milk is not available, the baby has no teeth yet so they chewed the food for her. Although it is unsanitary for today's standard, its practical during those days though. And if I was in their own situation I would have done the same for the baby. ^^