Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    They have a quarrel over their elder brother I think and she left but they still keep in contact with each other.

I kind of have to disagree with that too, because when the sister heard the letter from her second brother, she didn't believe it was from him at first, because they haven't made contact in a long time, and he never wrote her anything before that.

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem
    I kind of have to disagree with that too, because when the sister heard the letter from her second brother, she didn't believe it was from him at first, because they haven't made contact in a long time, and he never wrote her anything before that.
    Really? What letter? Anyway it is true that they have lost cantact for a long time. I think the last time thay met was before she married Gongxun Zhi.
    Be nice, say hello. HELLO !!

Quote Originally Posted by macoroni
    Really? What letter? Anyway it is true that they have lost cantact for a long time. I think the last time thay met was before she married Gongxun Zhi.
    Remember when Qiu QianQi came back disguised as Qui QianRen, and Gongsun Zhi suspected her and got a letter written by the real Qiu QianRen, saying that the oldest brother has died and that Guo Jing and Huang Rong were responsible for his death? That letter...

Okay, you guys just lost me. But anyway, Bee, good job! Awesome! Excelente!

p.s.

Did I mention I'm trying to suck up to you so you'll update sooner? No? Oh ok.

"It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Did I mention I'm trying to suck up to you so you'll update sooner? No? Oh ok.
    Give me another kiss LOL!
    Only got 15 paragraphs done.. need 15 more.. maybe tomorrow?

Bee. Dying for more, Great Translation!!!
    Last edited by Felipe; 07-20-05 at 11:11 PM.

I'm really looking forward to it, BD. Thanks for all your hard work! I tried reading Ch. 31 in chinese, and I just can't go on after a few words. So I would say that we all appreciate the time you great translators put in for giving us a piece of joy in our lives.
    Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    Give me another kiss LOL!
    Only got 15 paragraphs done.. need 15 more.. maybe tomorrow?
    I'll take you up on that offer. Tomorrow it is! Yay! Ok, I'm gonna go sleep now.

Default 30-3

Ready or not here I come

---------------------------------------------

30-3 [p.72-101]

The four people sat down on a collapsed pillar. Yang Guo recounted how he met Wu Santong, Zhu Ziliu and Diancang Yuyin. He also talked about how he got poisoned in the Passionless valley, and how the Indian monk and Zhu Ziliu went there to seek the antidote for him and then got trapped.

Yi Deng said, “That’s why my disciple has gone to the Passionless Valley. But do you know how this monk Ci’en is related to the mistress of the valley?”

He’d heard Elder Peng calling Ci’en ‘ Iron Palms Chief Qiu’ so he said, “Reverend Ci’en was born with the last name Qiu. Could it be possible that he was the Iron Palms Chief Qiu?”

Ci’en slowly nodded.

Yang Guo continued, “In that case, the mistress of the Passionless valley must be your younger sister.”

Ci’en responded, “Indeed. Was she well?”

Yang Guo didn’t quite know how to answer the question. Qiu Qianchi’s husband had destroyed all the muscles in her four limbs, leaving her a cripple. He really couldn’t bring himself to say the word ‘well.’

Ci’en saw Yang Guo hesitate so he said, “That sister of mine always did as she pleased. I wouldn’t be too surprised if she ran into trouble.”

Yang Guo then said, “Her limbs were disabled but her body was actually very healthy.”

With a sigh Ci’en said, “Many years have passed. We’ve all grown old. Alas, she and her two brothers.. ..” Having said this, he was lost in thought, recalling old memories.

Yi Deng knew that Ci’en had yet to let go and that his close brush with death only interrupted the stream of evil thoughts. But really the roots of evil were still there. If stirred up by strong emotions, Ci’en would unavoidably go crazy again. He didn’t know much longer he could live and help Ci’en. He could only let it all depend on fate.

Seeing Yi Deng look at Ci’en with pity in this eyes, Yang Guo suddenly thought to himself, “Reverend Yi Deng’s martial skills were definitely not inferior to his disciple’s. Yet, he wouldn’t return the attacks. There must be a reason. I’m afraid my jumping out to fight like that would make the matter worse.”

So he quickly said, “Reverend, I (disciple) acted on the spur of the moment. Please let me know if just now I was rash, making a mistake.”

Yi Deng replied, “Human mind is hard to fathom. If he’d killed me, he couldn’t have woke up like this. He would have sunk to the bottomless pit. You saved my life and brought him back to his sense. How could it be a mistake? I feel it was all for the better.”

Then he turned to Xiao Longnu and asked, “How did you get poisoned, young lady?”

Having heard that, Yang Guo felt a ray of hope shining down on him. He quickly said, “We were circulating energy to heal her injury, and it was that time that the poisons got into her body. Could you help her?” He then knelt down on the ground on both knees.

Yi Deng helped him up and asked, “How did she circulate her inner energy? Why is her energy flowing in the opposite direction?”

Yang Guo replied, “She used the reverse energy flow technique, along with the chilled jade bed and my help.”

Yi Deng heard his explanation and couldn’t help clucking his tongue in approval. He said, “That Ouyang brother was really a strange person. This reverse energy flow technique is quite unconceivable.”

He reached out to check Xiao Longnu’s pulse. Then his face turned sorrowful. For a long while he didn’t say a word.

Yang Guo looked at him nervously, hoping he would say “curable.” Xiao Longnu’s eyes were always on Yang Guo. She herself hadn’t expect to live this long. Seeing a melancholy expression on his face, she slowly said, “Fate determines life and death. How could we have it all as we wish? Guo’er, grief can hurt you. Don’t worry too much.”

This was the first time Xiao Longnu spoke since Yi Deng’s arrival. Her words were spoken gently and calmly, showing that she understood life and death. Yi Deng couldn’t help becoming puzzled. He didn’t know that since childhood Xiao Longnu had been taught to have a clear mind and little emotion. This lady was young and fatally poisoned. He’d thought that she’d be extremely saddened. Who would have thought that her speech was that of someone who had deep religious knowledge. He thought to himself, “These young husband and wife are really the world’s perfect couple. The husband has such kungfu. The wife understands life and death. This is really rare. In my entire life, I’ve only seen one couple -- Guo Jing and Huang Rong-- that can compare to them. My own disciples don’t even come close. Alas, her poisons are so severe. After the injury, I can't use my one Yang finger to help her.”

With a slight hesitation, he said, “You two are young but your achievements are really not common. May this old monk speak frankly.. ..”

Having heard this, Yang Guo’s heart sank, his hands turning ice-cold.

Then Yi Deng continued, “The young madame’s poison condition is very severe. If I wasn't injured, I could use my one Yang finger to temporarily stop the poisons so we could go search for the antidote. But today.. luckily your energy foundation is strong. I have this medicine that can save you for seven days. Then let us go to the Passionless valley together to look for my disciple.”

Yang Guo jumped up and cried out. “Oh, good. This Indian monk is known for his knowledge of poisons. He must have a way to save my wife.”

Yi Deng said, “If my disciple can't find a cure, that is nature. In the world some children die shortly after birth. Young lady here has had a chance to get married, that is fortunate.”

Having said this far, he recalled that years ago Zhou Botong and Concubine Liu had a child but because of his own jealously and hatred, he was not willing to save him. And that child eventually died. And it was actually Ci’en who'd injured him.

Yang Guo looked at Yi Deng with wide, shocked eyes. He thought to himself, “We still don’t know if Long’er can be cured. Yet, you haven’t said a word of comfort.”

Xiao Longnu let out a faint smile and said, “What Reverend said is right.”

She looked out at the heavy snow and weakly said, “These snowflakes are so white and so beautiful. But after the sun comes out, each and every one of them will vanish, without a trace. Next winter there will be a lot of snowflakes again, but they will never be like this year’s snow.”

Yi Deng nodded and turned his head to look at Ci’en. He asked, “Do you understand?”

Ci’en nodded and thought -- when the sun came out, the snow of would disappear, and it snowed in winter. What was so complicated about these simple facts?

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu had always been close. They undertood even the vaguest thought in the other person’s mind. But now that she was conversing with Yi Deng, he was left aside. It was as if she and Yi Deng shared the same thoughts, and he himself was an outsider. This had never happened since he fell in love with her, and he was now perplexed.

Yi Deng took out an egg from his chest and gave it to Xiao Longnu. He said, “Do you know which came first, the chicken or the egg?”

This was an age-old conundrum which nobody could ever solve. Yang Guo thought to himself, “At a time of life and death like this, why are you asking such a question?”

Xiao Longnu accepted the egg. It was actually a porcelain egg but its color looked as if it wasn’t. She paused a little and then clearly understood. She answered, “The egg hatches a chicken. The chicken lays an egg. Where there is life, there must be death.”

She gently crushed the egg shell, and a pill tumbled out. It was a golden and perfectly round ball like an egg yolk. Yi Deng said, “Eat it, quick.”

Knowing that this medicine was precious, Xiao Longnu put it in her mouth, chewed, and swallowed.

Early next morning, it was still snowing. Yang Guo thought that the Passionless valley was quite a distance away. Although Reverend Yi Deng’s pill gave them seven extra days, they had to go as fast as they possibly could, and not even a bit of delay. He asked Yi Deng, “Reverend, “How’s your injury?”

Yi Deng’s injury was really heavy but he wanted to save his apprentice brother, Zhu Ziliu and Xiao Longnu and knew that all were urgent matters. His gown sleeves flared out as he said, “It’s not a problem.”

He drew in air and sprang forward, covering over ten feet in one leap. The three people followed.

After taking the pill, Xiao Longnu felt a surge of warmth in her abdomen, her strength returning. With her lightness skills, she caught up with Reverend Yi Deng in no time. Ci’en was startled. This timid young lady actually had quite an awesome kungfu. Suddenly his competitive spirit rose. His feet became swift as he gave chase. One person was a Gumu disciple of with unparalelled lightness skills. The other was a renowned master nicknamed ‘Iron Palms Floating on Water.’ In a flash the two people had covered twenty, thirty feet, quickly becoming two gray spots on the snow. Yang Guo was afraid that Ci’en would suddenly become evil and hurt Xiao Longnu so he went after them to protect her. His lightness skills were inferior to those of the two people but his inner energy was solid, and his feet were strong. At the beginning, he was a great distance away from them. Less than half an hour later, the two people’s shadows became clearer.

Suddenly he heard Reverend Yi Deng laughing from behind him. Yi Deng said, “Young gentleman’s inner energy is so profound. This really is rare. May I ask who your master is?”

Yang Guo slowed down to move side by side with him. He replied, “My wife taught me my martial skills.”

Yi Deng asked in wonder, “Is she as good as you?”

Yang Guo said, “For these past few months, my inner energy has somehow kept increasing. I myself don’t understand why.”

Yi Deng asked, “Is it possible that you’ve taken some kind of medicine that boosts inner energy? Perhaps shaped ginsengs or millennium mushrooms?”

Yang Guo shook his head and said, “I had dozens of snake gallbladders. Since then, my strength has skyrocketed. Do you think they are related?”

Yi Deng said, “Snake gallbladders? Snake gallbladders can cure rheumatism. They have nothing to do with inner strength.”

Yang Guo said, “These gallbladders were from very strange poisonous snakes. Their scales glittered like gold, and their heads were crested. The shape was really weird.”

Yi Deng paused for a bit and suddenly said, “Ah, they are the ‘pu-si-qu’ snakes, mentioned in a Bhuddist record. They said these snakes lived underground, moved like a wind, and were extremely difficult to catch.”

Yang Guo said, “A big condor caught them for me.”

“That really is the strangest thing in the world.” Yi Deng exclaimed.

While the two people talked, their feet didn’t slow down at all. After a while, they were nearing Xiao Longnu and Ci’en. Yi Deng and Yang Guo exchanged a smile. Even though their lightness skills were inferior to those of Xiao Longnu and Ci’en, speed declined with increasing distance, and it was then up to their inner energy. By this time, because her inner energy was inferior, Xiao Longnu had already dropped some ten feet behind Ci’en. And as soon as they rounded the mountain, Yang Guo pointed ahead and said, “Eh, how come there are three people?”

It looked like someone was closely trailing Xiao Longnu. Yang Guo took a look and sensed that this person’s lightness skills were not under Xiao Longnu and Ci’en. Although on his back he was carrying something that looked like a trunk, his feet were still swift, and he was always twenty, thirty feet behind Xiao Longnu. Yi Deng was also puzzled. Surprisingly there was another skilled master on this wild mountain. Last night he ran into this pair of young and elegant couple. Today he saw this person, obviously an old man.

Not long after being overtaken by Ci’en, the distance between Ci'en and Xiao Longnu widened. She heard the sounds of footsteps from behind and thought it was Yang Guo. She said, “Guo’er, that monk’s lightness skills are incredible. I can’t beat him. You go try.”

Someone laughed and said, “Come sit on this trunk and gather your strength. You don’t have to fear that old monk.”

Hearing the words, Xiao Longnu was puzzled. She turned her head back and saw a man with a white beard and hair. It was the old urchin Zhou Botong.

With a laugh, he pointed at the trunk he’d been carrying on his back and said, “Come, come, come!”

This trunk was precisely the stuff that had been in the Sacred Scripture Chamber of the Chongyang Palace, looking like it was filled with the Quanzhen sect’s Taoist scrolls, and so Zhou Botong had brought it with him on his back. Xiao Longnu faintly smiled but said nothing. Zhou Botong suddenly dashed forward. He grabbed her with one arm and put her on the trunk. His body movements were so fast and his hand technique was so strange that Xiao Longnu couldn’t even resist. While on the wooden trunk, she couldn’t help thinking, “The Quanzhen sect was known throughout the world as an orthodox martial school. The Taoists at the Chongyang Palace couldn’t defeat me. It must be because they hadn’t learned the essense of their sect martial skills.”

By now Yang Guo and Yi Deng had recognized Zhou Botong. Ci’en was concentrating on rushing forwards for fear that Xiao Longnu would catch up with him, and so he was the only person who didn’t know that there was another person behind him.

Zhou Botong followed him in big strides and said, “Another half an hour, he’ll slow down.”

With a smile Xiao Longnu asked, “How do you know?”

Zhou Botong said, “I’ve fought with him, pursuing him from Zhongyuan [China] to the West region and from the West region back to Zhongyuan. After running around for tens of thousands miles, how could I not know?”

Sitting on the trunk, Xiao Longnu was both secure and comfortable, just like riding a horse. She softly asked, “Old urchin, why are you helping me?”

Zhou Botong replied, “You are quite likeable, not like that crafty and strange Huang Rong. I stole your bee syrup, and you are not mad.”

They ran for another half an hour. And just like Zhou Botong had predicted, Ci’en started to slow down. Zhou Botong said, “You are off!”

He shrugged his shoulders, sending Xiao Longnu out over ten feet. Energy was sent to her feet, and she ran forwards. In just a moment she caught up with Ci’en and giggled. Startled, Ci'en sped up. But the two people’s lightness skills were about the same level. One person had just had a long rest while the other had been running non-stop. The more they ran, the further the distance between them. Ci’en had no way to catch up.

In his whole life, Ci’en had two of martial skills that no one in the world could compare but, in just one day and one night, his iron palms was defeated by Yang Guo and his lightness skills were outmatched by Xiao Longnu’s. He couldn’t help becoming depressed. Sensing that his legs were about to give out, he thought to himself in alarm, “I can’t even defeat a young girl, can it be that my death is here?”

Last night he had his evil spell. After injuring his master, he had become restless. Just now he’d used all his strength in a lightness kungfu competition with Xiao Longnu and still lost. Even though his mind was troubled, he felt like all things in the world no longer made sense.

Observing them from behind, Yang Guo clearly understood. Seeing that Zhou Botong had secretly helped Xiao Longnu defeating Ci’en, his interest was piqued. He sped up to walk side by side with him and laughingly said, “Senior Zhou, many thanks.”

Zhou Botong said, “Haven’t seen this Qiu Qianren for a long time. The older he is, the crazier. How come he’s shaved his head and become a monk?”

Yang Guo said, “He’s now Reverend Yi Deng’s disciple, don’t you know?”

Having said this, he pointed to the back. Zhou Botong was horrified, crying out, “Emperor Duan is here too?”

He turned his head back and saw Yi Deng from a distance. He said, “I’ve got to run.”

Then he immediately fled into the woods. Yang Guo didn’t know who ‘Emperor Duan’ was. He only saw the trees and bushes moving. Zhou Botong had disappeared without a trace. Yang Guo thought to himself, “This person is so strange. There aren’t many like him in the world.”

As soon as Zhou Botong ran away, Yi Deng quickly stepped forwards. Seeing that Ci’en looked withered and broken and all his earlier bravado had vanished, Yi Deng said, “With all your victories, how come you haven’t figured this out?”

Disheartened, Ci’en didn’t say a word.

Yi Deng continued, “You were blinded by your desires. With your strong martial skills, if not for your lust to win, how could you not have known there was another person behind you?”

The four of them traveled with haste, and the next five days flew by quickly. On the morning of the sixth day, Yi Deng’s injury worsened, and he could barely support himself. Yang Guo said, “Reverend, please take a rest for a moment. Let your body recover. The Passionless Valley isn’t very far from here. We husband and wife would hurry into the Valley with Reverend Ci’en. And we’ll rescue the divine monk and Uncle Zhu too.”

Yi Deng faintly smiled and said, “I can’t put my mind at ease.”

He paused and then continued, “It’s dangerous in the valley. I’d better come along.”

Ci’en said, “I’ll carry you.” Having said that he put Yi Deng on his back and marched forwards in big strides.

They arrived at the valley entrance in the afternoon. Yang Guo turned to Ci’en and said, “Should we let them know we are here so your sister can come out to greet you?”

Ci’en was nervous and had yet to reply. Suddenly he heard the faint sounds of clashing weapons. Ci’en thought about his sister and was afraid that she would be fighting with Wu Santong and the others. No matter who was injured, it would be quite bad. He said, “We must rush to stop them.”

With his lightness kungfu he sped up. He was not fully familiar with the roads to the valley, and Yang Guo pointed in one direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 07-23-05 at 08:19 AM.

Looking forward to the 'exciting' family reunion. TQ BD

Cool. That was awesome. I LOVE the old urchin!

Wow! Thx Bee! Poor XLN tho... (refering to her sickness)

Default Bee

Ditto with the thanks!

is there a reason that ZBT is carrying the trunk?
    I cant seem to recall.

Mongolian soldiers had proceeded to launch attacks on Quanzhen Sect. This called for Qiu Chuji to order his fellow disciples to evacuate Chongyang Palace, and depart with the required scriptures and notes etc. of Wang Chongyang kept inside boxes. As you'd agree, Zhou Botong was too faithful for WCY to let his lifetime works to be descended into ashes.

Thanx millions BeeBee...
    Appreciate for ur time and effort
    as u said...u name it...u get it...
    keep it up....

Default The Amazing BeeDreamer / Noodles

B.D: How do you manage it? Your work on your site, Wuxiapedia, here and ?? There's got to be at least two of you.
    Noodles: Burning your candles from both ends? Tackle chapter 25 please.
    Please don't burn out either of you!!

you guys are sweet..
    and I got another kiss

How do you manage it?
    Um, I've got no life perhaps?

Nice work, BeeBee .

thx for picking up this translation Bee....very very much appreciated