Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    Haha, I doubt if wubbles, bliss, hanky, or master dugu would want to be kissed by male readers.. better ask for permission before distributing your kisses LOL
    Haha. Who knows they might be open minded guys and get motivated if the guys started kissing them together with the girls... who knows.

They won't recieve mines though...

Well kisses are reserved only for the ladies . If its a guy a simple would be enough.

BTW, bee IS a she right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Im guessing it wouldn't affect her much since she doesn't love anyone affectionately. She bears hatred towards her past love so I don't think there is anyone else in her heart unless if she falls in love which is highly unlikely considering her cold hearted methods of dealing with people and things.
    There's a hairline of difference between hate and love. If I remember correctly, Li is going to suffer. I think she must have really loved Lu Zhanyuan and felt betrayed by him so she can no more stop herself from hating him than she can no more stop herself from loving him.

Wow. I feel like a shrink.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

guo fu was spoilt rotten and has a stubbon nature. she belives because of her parents reputation, she can do anything she likes. she justifies every thing she does so in her mind she's always right. she's rash and a small slight to her is greater then a large one to others.

li mochuo might not have been so much in love as much as having the same flaws as guo fu. her heart was broken and she wanted to make others feel her pain because she had no mercy in her. it was pettiness and spite that motivates her a lot like guo fu when things don't go her way.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Bee, lots of hugs (to make a change from all the kisses ) you are great to supply us with very good and fast translation.

I can understand LMC going mad with deep love and hatred and being bad. At least she had a reason to do so. This is not saying that I like her, in fact I dislike her a lot but at some scenes can not help but feel sad for her.

But Guo Fu is simply unforgivable. She is very selfish and does not have a kind heart. I think she is the most dangerous person in the story since people hesitate harming her - because of her parents and because she is a young and obviously stupid girl. To be honest she is my most disliked martial art character in a JY novel.

Yeah Guo Fu is really very annoying , I duno why she didn't develop any sense of humility and honor considering her father is Guo Jing who is a very serious guy when it comes to honor and righteousness. Come to think of it, Guo Fu is pitiful since she doesn't resemble any of her parents' traits (eg.Huang Rong's intelligence,Guo Jing's humility).

Actually Guo Fu did inherit traits from both her parents.. unfortunately, it is all their bad traits, ie HR's temperament and GJ's intelligence. Her sister, Guo Xiang however was the exact opposite, inheriting all their good traits, ie HR's intelligence and GJ's kindness to humanity.

Well I suppose I should have clearly stated that the 'traits' I was referring to are the good ones not the bad ones, my bad . BTW, Guo Jing is intelligent, he is just slow in analyzing things and he is too trusting. Anyway goodnightie.

Hey Bee. Just go and hurry up, will you? Translate faster! faster !

I want to read more, ur work is wonderful

Last edited by Felipe; 08-03-05 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Hey Bee. Just go and hurry up, will you? Translate faster! faster !
    I want to read more, ur work is wonderful
    Haha.. tomorrow night then..

Thanks Bee

Well I suppose I should have clearly stated that the 'traits' I was referring to are the good ones not the bad ones, my bad . BTW, Guo Jing is intelligent, he is just slow in analyzing things and he is too trusting. Anyway goodnightie.

I REFUSE to believe that Guo Jing has any intelligence! He's more or less the Forest Gump of Asia

THX BEE!

wow ch 30.... how many total chapters are there!? 50 somethin right!? And where is Bee's website?
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Default 30-5

Finally.. the rest of ch. 30

1.Thanks for all hugs and kisses...
    2. There are 40 chapters total.. I can do ch. 31 but um.. anybody interested in continuing the story?
    3. NINJ: I took down my geocities site because they wouldn't let me edit my files without reformatting the whole page every friggin time.. >( I've moved my vault to xanga.. it's interactive so it's easy to fix a typo and such... but there's no index page!! and now everything is kinda confusing lol.. anyway it's just a backup space so it doesn't have to be that reader-friendly LOL
    4. Bee is a she and she is a bee!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30-5 [p. 137-177]

“You didn’t need to kill your disciple to leave the flower thicket,” said Huang Rong.

Li Mochou reached for her sword and coldly said, “Are you trying to teach me?”

With a faint smile Huang Rong replied, “I wouldn’t dare to. I’m only going to tell you one thing. You should haved used your long sword to dig up the soil and wrapped it with your outer gown, making two very large balls. And if you had thrown them into the flower thicket, wouldn’t they have made good stepping stones? Not only could you have gotten out safely, you wouldn’t have had to hurt anyone.”

Li Mochou’s face alternated between white and red, then red and white. She was struck by enornous grief. What Huang Rong had just explained was really not difficult but because she was anxious, she couldn’t figure it out . Instead, she had just killed the only person in the world that mattered and actually fallen to her doom. She couldn’t help saying bitterly, “Whatever, it’s already too late.”

Huang Rong said, “Right. It’s been way too late. Really, whether or not you are poisoned by the passion flowers makes no difference.”

Li Mochou stared fixedly at her, not understanding the meaning of her words.

Huang Rong added, “You’ve already been poisoned by your own foolish, unrestrained passion. You hurt people, and so you hurt yourself. As of now..”

Huang Rong sighed. “It’s been way too late.”

Li Mochou turned arrogant. She said in a stern voice, “It was I who gave my disciple her life. Had it not been for me taking care of her since childhood, she wouldn’t have lived until today. I gave her life. I then gave her death. It was only fair.”

Huang Rong said, “Parents give life to their own children. Yet, they have no right to kill them. Who are you to think that you do?”

Wu Xiuwen held out his sword and shouted, “Li Mochou, today you’ll pay for your inumerable crimes. No need for more talking. We’ll fight.”

Then the six of them – Wu Xiuwen, Wu Duiru, Wu Santong, Yelu Qi, Yelu Yan, and Guo Fu – arranged themselves in two lines and marched forwards.

Armed with a saber and a flute, Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang moved a couple of steps forwards. Lu Wushuang said, “You slaughtered my whole family, today your one life is way too cheap. Worse, you had to be so evil, killing Sister Hong. Your death won’t even cover it.”

Guo Fu turned to Lu Wushuang and said with a sneer, “You’ve got such a good master!”

Lu Wushuang returned the stare and said, “Even someone with a big backer, if she does evil things, she should die just the same! Don’t you look to this demoness as an example!”

As Li Mochou heard Lu Wushuang mention “a backer,” something came to her mind. She raised her voice and called out, “Little martial sister, have you completely forgotten our martial ties?”

She had roamed Jianghu all her life and never paid anyone attention. This time she was asking Xiao Longnu for help. It could only mean that she had realized how grave her situation was. Besides, after killing Hong Lingbo, she felt a pang of guilt, her mind becoming disturbed.

Xiao Longnu didn’t know how to reply but Yang Guo retorted, “You treacherously killed your own disciple. How could you mention any martial ties?”

“Good!” Li Mochou said with a sigh.

Swinging her long sword, she said, “You all come at once. The more people, the better.”

The Wu brothers pulled out their swords. On the left side Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang both lunged forwards. Wu Santong, Yelu Qi and the others also held their weapons at the ready. Having seen the way she despicably killed Hong Lingbo just now, everybody was extremely hateful and disgusted. Even Reverend Yi Deng thought that if Li Mochou was allowed to live, she would only murder more people. But the ‘ding dang’ sounds of clashing weapons went on. Li Mochou’s martial skills were high, and she destroyed the many people’s offense in a flash.

Suddenly Li Mochou’s left hand flew out. She shouted, “Projectiles!”

Knowing that her Soul Freezing needles were deadly, the many people all froze stiff, only to see her body spring up and fall into the passion flower thicket. They couldn’t help crying out in alarm. Li Mochou did this because she already had the poison in her body and she thought that if she got pricked again, it wouldn’t be much worse. Even Huang Rong and Yang Guo hadn’t expected this. They all saw her return to the flower thicket and then went straight into the woods.

Wu Xiuwen said, “We pursue!”

Brandishing his long sword, he made a detour and followed Li Mochou into the woods from the east side. But the pathways in the woods were winding, with sharp turns. Only twenty, thirty feet in there, he ran into a three-way junction. While still hesitating, he suddenly saw five girls dressed in green coming out. The one in front was holding a flower in her hand, and the other four trailing behind wore long swords at their waists.

The girl in front asked, “The valley chief requests your presence. Would you please come with us?”

Yang Guo saw her from afar so he called out, “Miss Gongsun, it’s us.”

That girl was of course Gongsun Lu’e. Upon hearing Yang Guo’s voice, she lost her composure and quickly stepped forwards. Happily she said, “Big Brother Yang, have you accomplished your big task? Let’s quickly go see my mother.”

“Miss Gongsun, let me introduce you to these several elders,” said Yang Guo.

He first introduced her to Reverend Yi Deng, and then Ci’en and Huang Rong.

Gongsun Lu’e did not know that the monk in black in front of her was her own uncle, and so she walked over to pay him respect without much thought. But then she heard Yang Guo address Huang Rong as Madame Guo. She knew that this person was her mother’s personal enemy. Not only Yang Guo hadn’t killed her, he led her into the valley. Greatly suspicious, she moved a couple of steps backwards, refusing to greet her. She said, “My mother invites everybody to tea in the main hall.”

She thought to herself that she’d better do as her mother had ordered. And so, she led the many people to the main hall.

In the hall, Qiu Qianchi was sitting in a chair. She said, “This old woman’s limbs are disabled. I can’t get up to welcome you. Please accept my apology.”

Ci’en remembered his little sister. At the time she married Gongsun Zhi, she was a fledgling girl of eighteen, full of tenderness and grace. Nobody could have imagined that she would turn into an old, bald, wrinkled, ugly woman like this. He thought of the past and became at a loss.

Yi Deng saw the strange gleams in his eyes and couldn’t help being worried. In his life, the only worry left was this disciple who still couldn’t wake up and turn a new leaf. This was because Ci’en’s kungfu was profound. Years ago, he was an unmatched master in the martial realm, and so his deep attachment to the past made change even more difficult. Over the past ten years, he’d lived in seclusion in a remote mountain and had calmed down. But this time he stepped back into Jianghu, running into things that reminded him of the past. There was a saying that “He, who never encounters desires, will have a peaceful heart.” And so, when running into things that triggered a worldly desire, the mind would become disturbed, how would Ci'en be able to control himself? Yi Deng had brought Ci’en with him to the Passionless valley this time because he wanted to help his martial brother and Zhu Ziliu, but it was also very hard on Ci’en because his mind was greatly affected.

Because Yang Guo didn’t return to the Passionles valley in time, Qiu Qianchi had originally thought that he already died from the poison. Suddenly seeing him still alive and well, standing before her, she was puzzled. She asked, “You are not dead yet?”

“I’ve taken an antidote. Your flower poison is now gone.” Yang Guo said with a laugh.

Qiu Qianchi made a surprised sound. She thought to herself, “Unexpectedly there is an antidote that can detoxify the passion flower poison. How strange.”

But suddenly she figured it out. With a sneer she said, “What kind of lie is this? If there really was an antidote, why would that Indian monk and that Zhu person have to come here?”

Yang Guo said, “Senior Qiu, where did you imprison the Indian monk and Senior Zhu? I (junior) am already here. Please let them go!”

With a sneer Qiu Qianren said, “To tie a tiger is easy, to let it go is hard!”

These words of hers actually made sense. All her four limbs were disabled, and so she could only rely on her sect’s fishnet to capture the Indian monk and Zhu Ziliu. If released, the Indian monk would be all right because he didn’t know kungfu but Zhu Ziliu would definitely retaliate. None of the disciples of the Passionless Valley was his match.

Yang Guo thought that if she saw her elder brother, their bloodties would make things friendlier. And so, he said with a faint smile, “Senior Qiu, please look at us carefully. Who did I bring back here? I’m sure you’ll be delighted.”

For decades Qiu Qianchi hadn’t seen her brother. Although she knew that he had become a monk, in her mind she only remembered him as a victorious and courageous youth. How would she be able to recognize this old monk? Hearing from her daugther that Huang Rong, her own personal enemy, had arrived, her eyes scanned the faces of many people and finally came to stop at Huang Rong.

Clenching her teeth, Qiu Qianchi said, “You are Huang Rong. My elder brother died at your hand.”

Yang Guo was startled. His original intention was to have the brother and sister meet. Instead, she recognized her archenemy. He quickly said, “Senior Qiu, we’ll put that on hold for now. Won’t you take a look again to see who else is here?”

Qiu Qianchi shouted, “You mean Guo Jing is here too? How wonderful, how wonderful!”

Then she looked at Wu Santong and Yelu Qi. One was too old, the other too young, looking not quite right. Frustrated, she searched for Guo Jing among the many people. Then her eyes met with those of Ci’en. They exchanged a stare, finally recognizing each other.

Ci’en jumped forward and cried out, “Third sister!”

Qiu Qianchi also gave out a loud cry, “Second brother!”

The two of them had countless things to say to each other, yet at this time they couldn’t think of anything to say.

A while passed, and then Qiu Qianchi asked, “Second brother, how did you become a monk?”

Ci’en asked back, “Third sister, how did your limbs become disabled?”

“It was that villain Gongsun Zhi who did it,” replied Qiu Qianchi

Ci’en said in alarm, “Gongsun Zhi? It was your husband?” Where is he right now?”

Qiu Qianchi said bitterly, “Why do you still call him 'my husband’? The traitor has a wolf’s heart and dog’s lungs. He plotted against me.”

Unable to suppress his anger, Ci'en cried out, “Where did the villain go? I’ll tear him to shreds, making it up to you.”

Qiu Qianchi coldly said, “Although I was the subject of an evil plan, luckily I could escape death. Our big brother, on the other hand, was already murdered.”

Ci’en said darkly, “Right!”

Qiu Qianchi gathered her chi and ferociously shouted, “Your body is skilled and able, why are you not avenging our big brother’s death? Where is your brotherly loyalty?”

Startled, Ci’en muttered, “Avenging our big brother’s death? Avenging our big brother’s death?”

Qiu Qianchi bellowed, “That evil Huang Rong is right in front of you. You kill her first and then go look for Guo Jing.”

Ci’en gazed at Huang Rong, with strange gleams in his eyes.

Yi Deng slowly stepped forwards and softly said, “Ci’en, how can a monk have murderous thoughts? Let alone the fact that your brother brought about his own death, you can't blame other people.”

Ci'en nodded and was lost in thought. After a while, he said in a low voice, “What my master said is right. Third sister, we can't avenge his death.”

Qiu Qianchi gave Yi Deng a stare and snarled, “This old monk is spouting nonsense. Second brother, our Qiu family has been brave and heroic. Our big brother was killed. If you don't avenge his death, how can you still call yourself a heroic true man?”

Having heard that, Ci’en’s mind became chaotic. He muttered, “How can I still call myself a heroic true man?”

Qiu Qianchi said, “Right! Years go you roamed Jianghu. The name Iron Palms Floating on Water was famous and prestigious. Who would have thought that, in old age, you'd turn into a coward who is afraid of death. Qiu Qianren, I’m telling you now. If you don’t avenge our big brother’s death, do not call me your sister!”

Seeing her become fiercer and fiercer, the many people all thought, “This bald old woman is quite lethal.”

Years ago, Huang Rong was struck by Qiu Qianren’s palm. Luckily Reverend Yi Deng came to her rescue, and so she narrowly escaped death. Naturally she knew him well. As soon as seeing him, she’d already thought about pulling out her horse whip.

Again, Guo Fu couldn’t bear it and shouted, “My mother doesn’t want to stoop to your level. Who’s afraid of you old woman? If you continue to egg on people, I’m going to have to be impolite.”

Huang Rong was about to tell Guo Fu to stop but then she figured, “That Qiu Qianren must be urged by his sister to act. Fu’er’s attack may actually help divert his attention.”

Seeing that her mother didn’t try to stop her, Guo Fu said again, “We are your guests. Yet, you are not treating us accordingly. Actually, you are rude like this, how would you call yourself a hero?”

Qiu Qianchi gave her a cold stare and said, “You are Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter, aren’t you?”

Guo Fu replied, “Correct, and if you want to fight, you have to do it yourself. Your brother has already become a monk. How could he ever kill anybody again?”

Qiu Qianchi muttered, “You are Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter. You are Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s.. ..”

She didn’t say the word ‘daughter’ again. Instead, with a ‘hu’ sound, a date stone was suddenly spat out from her mouth, violently coming towards Guo Fu. Her words ‘You are Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter’ were followed by ‘You are Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s.. ..” Everybody naturally thought she was going to say ‘daugther.’ Noone could have thought that in the blink of an eye she would shoot a projectile from her mouth. This sudden date stone kungfu of hers was really ingenious. It even blinded the right eye of Gongsun Zhi, who was a remarkable kungfu master. Guo Fu definitely didn’t stand a chance. She didn’t even have the time to think about dodging the projectile.

Among all these people, only Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu knew that Qiu Qianchi had such strange kungfu.While Xiao Longnu didn’t think she would harm people, Yang Guo had been paying close attention, his eyes never leaving her face. Seeing that her lips were not about to say the word ‘daughter, he plunged forwards, pulling out the long sword from Guo Fu’s waist and swinging it. A dang sound echoed as the date stone hit the blade. The sword immediately broke into two pieces before falling on the ground.

In one voice, the many people cried out in alarm. Huang Rong and Guo Fu were frightened, color draining from their faces.

Huang Rong mused, “I was guarding against her vicious attack but never would I have expected that she could out shoot out a ferocious projectile like this without even moving her body, limbs, or neck.”

The date stone broke the sword, showing that it was shot out with great force. Everybody all understood and thought, “If not for Yang Guo’s interfering, how would Miss Guo still be alive? And his movement was so swift that it was really shocking.”

Qiu Qianchi stared at Yang Guo in disbelief. She hadn’t expected him to have the nerve to help Guo Fu. She coldly said, “Today you were poisoned again by the passion flower. The poison doesn’t manifest itself now but it will, in less than three days. In the whole world there is only my half-pill here that can save your life. Don’t you believe that?”

At the time Yang Guo jumped in to save Guo Fu, everything happened so fast that he didn’t even think of this matter. As Qiu Qianchi brought it up now, he couldn’t help feeling discouraged.

Stepping forwards, he gave her a bow and said, “Senior Qiu, I (junior) haven’t done anything to you. If you give me the pill, I’ll forever be grateful.”

Qiu Qianchi replied, “Never! Although it's true that I have today because of you, this old Qiu has revenge to exact and all gratitude can’t be taken into account. You promised me you’d go bring me Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s heads. Then I’d grant you the antidote. Who would have thought that not only did you not keep your promise, you just saved my personal enemy. What else is there to say?”

Seeing that the matter was escalating, Gongsun Lu’e said, “Mother, my uncle’s death has nothing to do with Big Brother Yang. You.. please bestow mercy.”

Qiu Qianchi said, “I’ll only give this half pill to my son-in-law. I’m not going to give it to anybody else.”

Having heard this, Gongsun Lu’e blushed furiously in shame and anxiety.

Yang Guo had saved Guo Fu’s life. By this time, she realized that Yang Guo was truly benevolent and really didn’t intend to trade her little sister for the antidote. She thought about how she had repeatedly hurt him but he always returned her viciousness with kindness.

In a loud voice she said, “Big Brother Yang, I (little sister) have wronged you. Please forgive me.”

But for some unknown reason, old grudges are hard to let go. As soon as she apologized, she thought, “You saved me because you wanted to show off your ability. You wanted me to submit to you and feel grateful to you. You wanted to show me that even though you had only one arm, you were still much stronger than me with two arms. Humph, isn’t that just great?”

Yang Guo let out a faint smile, which was actually quite bitter and tasteless. He thought to himself, “How very easy for you to admit that you were wrong. You didn’t even know how much suffering you brought on me and Long’er.”

Then he saw that Qiu Qianchi was giving him a fixed stare. Obviously, if he didn’t agree to marry her daughter, she would never give him that half pill to save his life. Again, he refused to compromise and made things awkward for Gongsun Lu’e and Xiao Longnu.

He brightly said, “I’m already married to the Long girl. Even I, Yang Guo, am doomed to die, how can I shirk my responsibilities?”

Having said this, he turned around, taking Xiao Longnu by hand. While walking to the hall entrance, he thought to himself, “Let them squabble in the hall. I’d better go rescue the Indian monk and Uncle Zhu.”

With a sneer Qiu Qianchi said, “Good, good! You yourself volunteered to die, this has nothing to do with me.”

She turned her head back towards Ci’en and said, “Second brother, I’ve heard that Huang Rong is chief of the beggar clan. We, iron palm clan, don’t dare to offend her.”

Ci’en said, “Iron palm clan? It’s already been disbanded. How can there still be such a clan?”

Qiu Qianchi said, “No wonder, no wonder. You don’t want to fight. You’ve become a coward..”

Qiu Qianchi were still talking but Gongsun Lu’e no longer listened to her. Watching Yang Guo step out of the hall, she suddenly dashed forwards. She cried out, “Yang Guo, you heartless scoundrel, I must have been blind.”

Yang Guo paused his steps, wondering why this girl, who had always been courteous, was acting out of character. Could it be because she heard that he and Long’er were married and became enraged? He felt a slight regret, and so he turned his back and said, “Miss Gongsun.. ..”

Gongsun Lu’e scolded, “Crafty thief, it’s easy to come into the valley but hard to get out.. ..”

But although she was berating him, her face expression was actually warm and gentle, her eyes conveying a hidden message. Yang Guo knew that there had to be a reason.

In a loud voice he said, “What is it? You say this small Passionless Valley is hard to get out?”

He was facing the main hall. Qiu Qianchi saw him very clearly and therefore didn’t see anything strange.

Lu’e scolded, “I wish I could split you in half. I would rip out your heart so I could see.. ..”

She suddenly opened her mouth and, with a puff of air, a date stone was spat out, flying towards Yang Guo’s face.

Yang Guo caught it with his hand. He sneered, “Just let me leave quickly and I won’t hurt you. You think your little skill could stop me?”

Gongsun Lu’e gave him another meaningful glance and let him leave. Suddenly she covered her face with both hands and cried out, “Mother, he.. he’s a big bully!”

She fled back into the main hall. Her loved one was gone. He had married another girl. This sadness was actually not fake.

Seeing tears stream down her face, Qiu Qianchi shouted, “E’er, what’s wrong with you? That boy’s life won’t last very long.”

Lu’e crouched down at her mother’s knees, and her sobs continued.

Everybody in the hall was deceived by this performance. There was only Huang Rong who secretly thought it to be funny. She mused, “She pretended to be mad at Yang Guo so her mother wouldn't be suspicious and later she could steal the antidote. Who would have thought that this boy Yang Guo would leave a trail of broken hearts behind him everywhere he went, making all these beautiful girls pining for him.”

Having thought this, she gave Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang a glance.

After catching that date stone, Yang Guo walked out very quickly. Lu’e words were very strange, and he still couldn’t figure out her intention. Xiao Longnu saw the expression on Lu’e’s face and knew that her tirade was fake.

She asked, “Guo’er, she pretended to be mad at you. Was it because she was trying to fool her mother so she could steal the antidote?”

Yang Guo replied, “Looks like it.”

As soon as the two people rounded a curve and saw that they were alone, Yang Guo raised his hand and looked at the date stone in his palm. It was actually an olive seed, with tiny stitches in the middle. Yang Guo squeezed it with his fingers, breaking it in half. The middle of the seed was actually hollow, with a thin sheet of paper hidden in there.

With a smile Xiao Longnu said, “This girl told you a riddle. She actually meant this when she said ..split you in half. I would rip out your heart so I could see.. ”

Yang Guo unfolded the thin paper, and the two of them bent their heads to look at the words.

The paper read, “Mother hid the half pill in a secret place. I will plan to steal it for you. The Indian monk and senior Zhu are confined in ‘the fire room’ ”

Next to the characters was a map showing a winding path that ended at ‘the fire room.’

Yang Guo said in delight, “Let us go quickly. It's good that no one is here to stop us right now.”

[END of CH30]
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 08-12-05 at 12:58 PM.

I love you bee! The fact that you are a she makes me love you even more!!!!

Mannn....... every time i get to this part of the story it makes me feel so sad for Gongsun Lu'e TT_TT. Damn YG for being so flirtatious!
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Quote Originally Posted by NINJ4
    I REFUSE to believe that Guo Jing has any intelligence! He's more or less the Forest Gump of Asia
    LOL! If he has no intelligence how come he's one of the best martial artist of his time?

BTW, THX BEE!!!

Default Lady Bee

BeeDreamer, the Goddess of Wuxia Translations, I kowtow before you. Another promise kept.
    You are a very special friend to this forum. Many thanks and please do carry-on. If we could just
    encourage Noodles (anybody heard from him lately?) to tackle Chapter 25 and then maybe do
    alternate chapters with Bee, we may have a complete book soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeDreamer
    hanky you're not out of business yet.. wanna do a couple more chapters?? **evil grin**
    No, I'm quite happy enjoying my break from translating... and I intend to keep it that way. I've always welcomed your generosity to take on such a demanding job, so I'll let you do all the work.
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 08-05-05 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks again BD.

Is this going to be the last time we will se Li Mochou? Too bad. I am growing to like her but the feeling is the reverse for Guo Fu. She really can be considered as cruel as JLFW if not worst. I just wish YG didn't block Qianci attack.
    Oh .. on the other note, I also wish for the return of all past ROCH translator (if they are willing to comeback from their retirement) to help BD out on this translation. Not that to say that BD is not doing a good work nor that the past translator don't deserved the rest, but I warmly remember the time when all this seniors working together in this forum. I believed it will also be motivating for them too (especially as all them know how tiring the work could be).

LOL! If he has no intelligence how come he's one of the best martial artist of his time?

BTW, THX BEE!!!

Wellllll, just like Gump, the guy has integrity, honor, and determination. Didn't it take him like a year to learn how to punch or something like that?

Anyways his good karma got him a smart wife who knew how to cook which allowed him to learn his uber move, the ... super 18 dragon palm ??? (oh my... forgot the name of that one move...) ummmm... anyways, it was good nature, good karma, and the ability to pick one self up after falling that allowed him to reach the great level that he's at.

edit:
    Actually, to list things in more critical order (still omiting acurate names and stuff)

his first teacher was the mongolian arrow guy, who decided to teach him after the kid risked his life for him - refusing to reveal his location when he was being chased by the khan

Next was the 7 weird devils (hope i got that right :/ i think the number is also off TT_TT) which was thx to his karma left to him by his ancestors

after that was Northern Begger thx to uber convincing on the part of his soon to be wife

then his blood brother whom he would have never met if it hadn't been for him going to meet his future father in-law. That chance encounter also allowed him to get the nine-yin manual

anyways, his good deeds and karma got the masters to be his teachers, and inability to give up after failure allowed him to learn what they taught.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that Jin Yong intended GJ to be viewed as stupid - and I think he was successful in portraying it

another edit (cause i dont want to have two posts in a row and stuff):

Too bad his honor wasn't so spectactular as to cause his determination to chop off his daughters arm to be in stone - cause she REALLY deserves it >_<
    Last edited by NINJ4; 08-06-05 at 08:22 AM.

I'm really glad the ROCH translation is still on even as the rest are lagging. Many thnx to our resident flying insect (Uhm, that would be you, BeeDreamer). Reading the thread comments are a pleasure as well.

I wouldn't say Guo Jing is stupid. Rather, he is uniquely slow.

I wouldn't say Guo Fu is snotty. She just lacks the finer merits of wit.

I wouldn't say Li Mo Chou is truly villainous. She is a victim of herself.

I would say though that Qiu Qianchi scares the crap out of me, not because of her appearance but because someone else's spit just inspires that kind of fear in me.

And C'ien...well, he's just plain weird.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27