Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by NINJ4
    Wellllll, just like Gump, the guy has integrity, honor, and determination. Didn't it take him like a year to learn how to punch or something like that?

Anyways his good karma got him a smart wife who knew how to cook which allowed him to learn his uber move, the ... super 18 dragon palm ??? (oh my... forgot the name of that one move...) ummmm... anyways, it was good nature, good karma, and the ability to pick one self up after falling that allowed him to reach the great level that he's at.

edit:
    Actually, to list things in more critical order (still omiting acurate names and stuff)

his first teacher was the mongolian arrow guy, who decided to teach him after the kid risked his life for him - refusing to reveal his location when he was being chased by the khan

Next was the 7 weird devils (hope i got that right :/ i think the number is also off TT_TT) which was thx to his karma left to him by his ancestors

after that was Northern Begger thx to uber convincing on the part of his soon to be wife

then his blood brother whom he would have never met if it hadn't been for him going to meet his future father in-law. That chance encounter also allowed him to get the nine-yin manual

anyways, his good deeds and karma got the masters to be his teachers, and inability to give up after failure allowed him to learn what they taught.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that Jin Yong intended GJ to be viewed as stupid - and I think he was successful in portraying it

another edit (cause i dont want to have two posts in a row and stuff):

Too bad his honor wasn't so spectactular as to cause his determination to chop off his daughters arm to be in stone - cause she REALLY deserves it >_<
    Well I got your point. But like I said, he has intelligence cause if not he wouldn't be able to learn martial arts and reach the level he is in which is a level few had reached in their lifetime. As rayon put it, GJ is slow. I think GJ's strong dedication to his honor and principles makes him too trusting, thus he never developed a sense for detecting deceit and trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Well I got your point. But like I said, he has intelligence cause if not he wouldn't be able to learn martial arts and reach the level he is in which is a level few had reached in their lifetime. As rayon put it, GJ is slow. I think GJ's strong dedication to his honor and principles makes him too trusting, thus he never developed a sense for detecting deceit and trickery.
    he doesn't need to develop a deceit/trickery dectector, he already has the best in the business looking out for him! (Huang Rong!)
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

imo, guojing is

average intellect+simple-minded+talent in martial arts

Default Guo Jing

Quote Originally Posted by letalforever
    imo, guojing is

average intellect+simple-minded+talent in martial arts
    Guo Jing was a product of his environment. A simple loving un-educated mother struggling to make a life far from home who was only able to teach him about his origins and his duty to avenge his fathers death. (Lu Lai Ping played that part in LOCH beautifully.) Other than Mongol fighting skills and traditions his only other education was the Martial Arts by his teachers and mental dicipline by the old Taoist. Luckily he learned to read.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Guo Jing was a product of his environment. A simple loving un-educated mother struggling to make a life far from home who was only able to teach him about his origins and his duty to avenge his fathers death. (Lu Lai Ping played that part in LOCH beautifully.) Other than Mongol fighting skills and traditions his only other education was the Martial Arts by his teachers and mental dicipline by the old Taoist. Luckily he learned to read.
    It is a good thing he is disciplined. Now that I think about it, it is a VERY good thing. He makes up for his apparent lack in the mental faculty with patience and perseverance. Mongolia is a harsh country, we've been told so naturally, people who grow up in it would find it necessary to adapt to the harsh elements. And there's only one way to do that - persevere. So maybe he is dumb. Jin Yong seems to think so. But crap, I don't care. He's adorable!
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    It is a good thing he is disciplined. Now that I think about it, it is a VERY good thing. He makes up for his apparent lack in the mental faculty with patience and perseverance. Mongolia is a harsh country, we've been told so naturally, people who grow up in it would find it necessary to adapt to the harsh elements. And there's only one way to do that - persevere. So maybe he is dumb. Jin Yong seems to think so. But crap, I don't care. He's adorable!
    With his mothers example to follow he would learn to persevere.
    It's funny, as soon as I think of or see the name Guo Jing I see Li Ya Pengs face. I wonder how I'll feel about the ROCH Guo Jing?

Thanks for the translation Bee,dugu(senior) hanky, I hope that you guys dont run out of steam anytime soon .
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Guo Jing is the type of person who is rare (almost impossible to find), I of course can not be sure but I don't think Jin Yong is intended to make him stupid but he probably guessed many of his readers would think that he is.

As one of the above posts said, he is different from everyone and that doesn't necessarily mean he is stupid or below average intelligence. He is free of cunning, guile and meanness. He is generous, ready to do good without expecting anything back, he tries to see the good in people and these are rare qualities that usually brings harm to the person who carries them. Therefore many people want to be "open eyed" and want to make profit from everything (I'm not just talking about money here). So that is why many of us think Guo Jing is stupid - I have to admit that I'm a very selfish, also self centered person and many things Guo Jing did (up to now) I could not bring myself to do - but as opposed to majority I admire these qualities and try to be a person a like that (sorry for the self reflections but I told you guys I'm selfish, no?)

I just wish there was a man out there like him, but sadly I don't think so. He is just one of these wonderful person in a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    I wouldn't say Guo Fu is snotty. She just lacks the finer merits of wit.
    Oh I think she is both and worse.

Haha, I knew you'd come out and defend Guo Jing.

But ummm, outside a novel, he wouldn't do too well without a wicked woman helping him along.

In other words, he needs me LOL
    [Wait I've already got quite a few sweethearts!]

PS: I just started ch. 31.. will post the first bit this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Guo Jing is the type of person who is rare (almost impossible to find), I of course can not be sure but I don't think Jin Yong is intended to make him stupid but he probably guessed many of his readers would think that he is.

As one of the above posts said, he is different from everyone and that doesn't necessarily mean he is stupid or below average intelligence. He is free of cunning, guile and meanness. He is generous, ready to do good without expecting anything back, he tries to see the good in people and these are rare qualities that usually brings harm to the person who carries them. Therefore many people want to be "open eyed" and want to make profit from everything (I'm not just talking about money here). So that is why many of us think Guo Jing is stupid - I have to admit that I'm a very selfish, also self centered person and many things Guo Jing did (up to now) I could not bring myself to do - but as opposed to majority I admire these qualities and try to be a person a like that (sorry for the self reflections but I told you guys I'm selfish, no?)

I just wish there was a man out there like him, but sadly I don't think so. He is just one of these wonderful person in a novel.

Oh I think she is both and worse.
    I believe in white-washing.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by shadow8899
    Actually Guo Fu did inherit traits from both her parents.. unfortunately, it is all their bad traits, ie HR's temperament and GJ's intelligence. Her sister, Guo Xiang however was the exact opposite, inheriting all their good traits, ie HR's intelligence and GJ's kindness to humanity.
    i loved what u said it is so true

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    BeeDreamer, the Goddess of Wuxia Translations, I kowtow before you. Another promise kept.
    You are a very special friend to this forum. Many thanks and please do carry-on. If we could just
    encourage Noodles (anybody heard from him lately?) to tackle Chapter 25 and then maybe do
    alternate chapters with Bee, we may have a complete book soon.
    actually chapter 25, somebody did translate it but he didnt translate the entire thing. he left its and bits of chinese words and its also hard to read becuz he didnt do complete sentences and it was hard to understand

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet

I agree. GJ is not below average intelligence, GJ is noble and too kind which is often interpreted as stupid and foolish. Truly he is a one in a million guy.

i dont know, to me he seems kind of boring to an extent ...

BeeDreamer i think ur translation is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work, i cant wait to read more of this. do u think u could also translate ch. 25 4 us 2???????????????

Well, take rayon's statement, and changed that "unique slowness" such that it fits stupidity and you got my take on GJ. Also, the naiveness and gullibleness of GJ are also indicators that he is to be classified as stupid (at least in every Asian thing I have read and seen). Again, the level of his martial arts is where it is due to two things:

1) instruction from numerous world-reknown (technically Jiang Hu) martial art masters - also includes the extra help from his wife with their instructions and exposure to nine-yin manual

2) uber persistance/never-give-up attitude

NOT average intelligence.

I am sure that even certain animals, after a certain period of time, can also be trained to do tricks - and perhaps even martial arts like a monkey, however, we do not associate their intelligence as being average with a human's even though intelligence may be acknowledged with the exception being the Condor (whom imho is smarter then GJ :P ).

edit:
    Jin_yong_fan - i think Bee said that she would get to the missing chapters if she had time and most likely after she finished ch 31. Till then, we juz got to wait for noodles
    Last edited by NINJ4; 08-11-05 at 06:46 AM.
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Quote Originally Posted by NINJ4
    Well, take rayon's statement, and changed that "unique slowness" such that it fits stupidity and you got my take on GJ. Also, the naiveness and gullibleness of GJ are also indicators that he is to be classified as stupid (at least in every Asian thing I have read and seen). Again, the level of his martial arts is where it is due to two things:

1) instruction from numerous world-reknown (technically Jiang Hu) martial art masters - also includes the extra help from his wife with their instructions and exposure to nine-yin manual

2) uber persistance/never-give-up attitude

NOT average intelligence.

I am sure that even certain animals, after a certain period of time, can also be trained to do tricks - and perhaps even martial arts like a monkey, however, we do not associate their intelligence as being average with a human's even though intelligence may be acknowledged with the exception being the Condor (whom imho is smarter then GJ :P ).
    First of all, I never said that GJ acquired his martial arts skills because of his average intelligence. I only said that GJ has some intelligence because he is a top martial artist. Of course GJ did reach the top through hard work and perseverance and with the guidance of several masters.
    Lastly, I'm just saying that GJ is a trusting guy, he has a simple mind and a noble heart. And of course I do understand what you are trying to say. cheers!

Default 31-1

Guo Fu's fan will love this ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

31-1 [p.1-30]

Chapter 31. The other half of the antidote

Surrounded by the mountains, the floor of the Passionless Valley was vast, occupying about thirty thousands acres of land, with winding paths, towering hills, and deep ravines. But Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu used their lightness kungfu to follow the path on the map, and they arrived at their destination in just a short while. In front of them they saw several big elm trees, seventy, eighty-feet high, providing a shade for a brick and pottery kiln underneath. The map showed that the Indian monk and Zhu Ziliu were imprisoned here.

Yang Guo turned to Xiao Longnu and said, “You wait here. I’ll go in and take a look. With charcoal and ash in there, it must be very dirty.”

As he bent over to step into the kiln, he was hit by a heat wave.

“Who is there?” A voice shouted.

Yang Guo said, “I've got the chief’s order. I’m coming to get the prisoners.”

That person emerged from behind the brick wall and asked, “What?”

Seeing Yang Guo, he was startled and said, “You.. You..”

Yang Guo saw that he was a valley disciple dressed in green so he said, “The chief has ordered me to come get the monk and the man surnamed Zhu.”

That disciple knew that Yang Guo had saved his master’s life, that she'd announced in front of everybody that Yang Guo was her intended son-in-law, and that he and Lu’e were on the best terms. This person would one day become the valley chief, and so he didn’t dare to offend Yang Guo.

He said, “But.. .. what about the chief’s command sign?”

Yang Guo ignored him and said, “Let me come in and take a look.”

That disciple complied and turned back into the kiln.

Inside the brick walls, the heat was even more intense. Two lowly laborers were raking charcoal. Although it was bitterly cold at this time of year, the two people were actually bare-chested, each wearing short pants to cover his lower body. Still they were sweating profusely. The disciple in green pushed open a big stone, revealing an opening. Yang Guo went inside and saw that it was actually a stone chamber of ten feet square. Zhu Ziliu sat there with his face to the wall, using his index finger to draw pictures. His arm rose and fell as if he was very pleased with himself. The Indian monk was actually lying on the ground, and it was hard to tell if he was still alive.

Yang Guo called out, “Uncle Zhu, how are you?”

Zhu Ziliu turned his head back. He laughed and said, “A friend has come to visit from afar, how can I not be fine?” Yang Guo had to admire him. He was stranded here for a long time but still kept calm as if everything was normal. Even in crisis, he could still be mirthful. He himself was far, far inferior to him in this regards.

“Is the divine monk sleeping?” He asked.

Having said this, his heart was beating wildly because Xiao Longnu’s life all depended on this divine Indian monk.

Zhu Ziliu didn't reply. Only after a while he let out a gentle sigh and said, “My martial uncle can usually withstand heat and cold much better than I can, but this time.. ..”

It sounded like the Indian monk’s condition was critical. Frightened, Yang Guo didn't bother to say any more words. He turned his head to the disciple in green. He ordered, “Unlock the door. Let them out.”

The disciple in green said in surprise, "What about the lock? The chief's got the key. If she ordered you to free people, how come she didn’t give you the key?”

Impatient, Yang Guo shouted, “Make way!”

He lifed his black iron sword and struck down, making a big hole in the stone wall with a ‘ka’ sound. That disciple let out an ‘ah’ cry and froze in fright. Yang Guo swung his sword a few more times and that five-inch window became wide enough for a person to pass through.

Zhu Ziliu cried out, “Brother Yang, I congratulate you on your great skills!”

He bent over to pick up the Indian monk, passing him through that hole. As Yang Guo took him, he could felt that the Indian monk’s arm was warm. His heart jumped. But then he saw that the Indian monk’s eyes were shut tight. He thought to himself, “Aiyo, even a dead body is warm in this fire room.”

He quickly stretched his hand to feel the Indian monk’s breath and realized he was still breathing faintly.

Zhu Ziliu jumped out from that hole in the wall. He said, “Martial uncle has passed out. Hope it’s not a great obstacle.”

Yang Guo blushed. He thought to himself, “Shame on you!”

He thought about how he himself didn’t really care about the Indian monk’s wellbeing but more about how to save his own wife.

He asked, “Did he pass out from heat exhaustion? Let’s quickly go outside to get some air.”

Then he carried him out.

Seeing the three people, Xiao Longnu was delighted.

Yang Guo said, “Let’s find some cold water to sprinkle on Reverend’s face.”

“No. Martial uncle was poisoned by the passion flowers.” Zhu Ziliu said.

Yang Guo was startled. He asked, “Is the poison severe?”

Zhu Ziliu replied, “I think not. It was he who poisoned himself.”

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu were puzzled. In one voice, they exclaimed, “What?”

With a sign Zhu Ziliu said, “Uncle said that these passion flowers were already extinct in India. He didn’t know how it had been spreaded. He said that if it got out of hand, it would be a great disaster. Years ago, people and livestock in India had been poisoned and died because of these flowers. Martial uncle had thoroughly researched poison techniques but this passion flower poison was really strange. He came to the valley this time, knowing that the divine pill could only help one person. He wanted to find out what could detoxify the poison to help people on a large scale. He used his body to test the poison so he would understand its nature and be able to find the antidote."

Yang Guo was half amazed and half in awe. He said, “Buddha said – if I don’t go to hell, who will? Reverend is trying to save people, not hestitating to face a disaster. People really have to respect him.”

Zhu Ziliu said, “In an ancient tale, Shen Nong tried a hundred kinds of herbs to save people. If it was the wrong herb, his face would turn blue. This martial uncle of mine must have had this story in mind.”

Yang Guo nodded and said, “Right. Do you know when he will regain consciousness?”

“After he poisoned himself, he said if his calculation was not wrong, he would wake up after three days and three nights,” said Zhu Ziliu.

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu looked at each other. They both thought, “He’ll be in a coma for three days and three nights. It means the poison is very severe. Fortunately this passion flower poison affects people differently. If one has a passionate heart, the poison will act up very fiercely. This monk has a steady heart. He's much better than an average person.”

Xiao Longnu said, “You two were in the kiln, how did you find passion flowers?”

Zhu Ziliu replied, “After we were put in the fire room, there was a girl who often came to visit.. ..”

Xiao Longnu said, “Was she a tall girl with fair complextion and a small mole on one corner of her mouth?”

“Right,” said Zhu Ziliu.

Xiao Longnu smiled at Yang Guo. Then she said to Zhu Ziliu, “That was the valley chief’s daugther Miss Lu’E. She heard that you two had come to help Yang Guo so she was fond of you. Although she didn’t dare to release you, she’d get you whatever you wanted.”

Zhu Ziliu said, “Correct. Martial uncle asked her for a branch of the passion flowers. I asked her to send my message asking for help. And she complied. In the fire room, everyday there would be a time the fires blasted. She would pour water on them to reduce the intensity, making it bearable for us. I often asked her who she was but she never answered. I didn’t know she was the valley chief’s daugther.”

“And she gave us the direction to come here,” said Xiao Longnu.

Yang Guo said, “Great reverend Yi Deng is here too.”

Zhu Ziliu was delighted. He said, “Oh, let’s go.”

Yang Guo frowned and said, “Monk Ci’en is also here. I’m afraid there might be a little trouble.”

Zhu Ziliu was puzzled. He said, “Brother Ci’en is also here. How can it not be good? When brother and sister meet, Chief Qiu will have no choice but consider this friendship.”

Even though he became Reverend Yi Deng’s disciple before Ci’en, in Jianghu Ci’en’s kungfu was actually at the same level as that of Reverend Yi Deng. And so Diancang Yuyin and Zhu Ziliu highly respected him, treating him as ‘martial elder brother.’ Zhu Ziliu had asked Lu’e to send his help message, hoping that Ci’en would come, and the two sides would be reconciled. Now that Yang Guo mentioned trouble, he couldn’t quite understand.

Yang Guo briefly told him about Ci’en mental instability and how Qiu Qianchi was trying to stir up his emotion.

Zhu Ziliu said, “Madame Guo is also here in the valley. That’s really the best. Her wisdom is second to none. My master is here to control the situation. Also, Brother Yang’s kungfu has reached this stage. There shouldn’t be any problem. I’m only worried about my martial uncle.

Yang Guo also felt that the Indian monk’s safety was the first priority. He said, “We could find a place to stay, waiting for Reverend to regain consciousness. The three of us can protect him.”

Zhu Ziliu hesitated. He asked, “Where should we go?”

He pondered for a long time, feeling that this Passionless Valley was dangerous everywhere. Then he figured out and said, “We wait right here.”

Yang Guo was startled but then he understood. With a smile he said, “Uncle Zhu’s idea is wonderful. This place seems bad but it actually is the best place in the valley. We just have to stop those valley disciples from leaking our secret.”

Zhu Ziliu stretched out his finger. With a laugh he said, “That’s easy.”

He picked up the Indian monk and said, “We’ll rest here in the kiln. May I ask Brother Yang and Mrs. to go help my master?”

Yang Guo remembered that Reverend Yi Deng’s injury had not recovered and that Ci’en had been swaying back and forth between good and evil. If he stayed here to guard the Indian monk, it would be rather selfish and he wouldn’t be feel comfortable. Seeing Zhu Ziliu carry the Indian monk back into the kiln, he and Xiao Longnu returned to the path they’d just come from.

The two people passed by the passion flower thicket. It was bitter cold at this time. Undoubtedly there was no flower, and the leaves had all fallen, leaving only ugly bare branches, full of sharp thorns.

Suddenly Yang Guo thought of Li Mochou. He said, “No doubt this thing called passion is sometimes extremely beautiful but other times extremely ugly. Like your martial sister, Spring flowers wither quickly but their thorns can still kill people.”

Xiao Longnu said, “I hope the divine monk can find the antidote to this flower poison. Not only will it cure you, my martial sister can also be saved.”

But Yang Guo actually hoped that the Indian monk would first treat the poisons in Xiao Longnu’s body and that the Indian monk would regain consciousness. If he didn’t wake up and just passed away, what then? Looking at his wife, his heart was filled with infinite tender feelings. Suddenly, he was hit by a flash of pain in his chest. He knew that because he’d saved the Cheng-Lu cousins, the poison in his body was even more severe. Afraid that he would worry Xiao Longnu, he turned his head to look at the bare branches, appearing to be happy and not paying attention to life and death.

By now there was another scene in the main hall of the Passionless Valley. Qiu Qianchi was urging her brother to act. The more she talked, the more ferocious her words became. Revenrend Yi Deng didn’t say a word, leaving Ci’en to make a decision for himself. Ci’en looked at his sister. He looked at his master. Then he looked at Huang Rong. One was his blood sister. Another was the master who’d changed him. And the third was his brother's murderer. His mind fluctuated between kindness and hatred. Good and evil were battling. How would he decide? His entire life from childhoold to old age flashed in his brain. Sometimes tears glistened in his eyes, other times a smile came to the corners of his mouth. His heart was aflame for this was fiercer than any battle he’d ever fought in.

Lu Wushuang saw that Yang Guo had left the hall for a long time and still not returned and that Ci’en’s state of mind had nothing to do with her whatsoever. She gently tugged at Cheng Ying’s gown sleeve and quietly slipped out of the hall. Cheng Ying followed her out.

“Where did Dumb Egg go?” Lu Wushuang asked.

Cheng Ying didn’t reply. She only said, “He’s been poisoned. Don’t know how bad his condition is.”

Lu Wushuang said, “Hmm.”

She was also worried. In a low-spirited voice, she said, “I really didn’t expect this. He and his master finally.. ..”

Cheng Ying said in the same tone, “Miss Long is really beautiful, and she’s really good. Only such a person can match Big Brother Yang.”

Lu Wushuang said, “How do you know she’s a good person? You haven’t really talked to her.”

Suddenly she heard a cold voice from behind, “Her foot is not lame. Naturally she’s good.”

Lu Wushuang drew out her Willow Leaf saber, turning her body around. That voice, of course, came from Guo Fu.

Seeing her unsheathed saber, Guo Fu quickly pulled out a long sword from Yelu Qi’s waist. She returned the angry glare and shouted, “You want to fight?”

With a merry laugh Lu Wushuang said, “How come you don’t use your own sword?”

Her foot had been crippled since childhood, and it was her sore spot. Other people never mentioned this in front of her. This time Guo Fu ridiculed her ‘lame foot,’ she was enraged, and so she sarcastically brought up the broken sword issue.

Guo Fu barked, “I’m going to use someone else’s sword to give you a kungfu lesson.”

Having said that, the long sword struck, and the ‘weng-weng’ sounds echoed.

Lu Wushuang said, “How rude. The Guo family's child doesn’t respect her senior. Good, today I’ll teach you the difference between good and bad.”

“Bah, how can you be my senior?” Guo Fu said.

With a laugh Lu Wushuang said, “My cousin is your martial uncle. If you don’t call me Gugu (paternal aunt), you should call me Ah-yi (maternal aunt). You can ask my cousin!”

Then she pointed at Cheng Ying.

By her mother’s order, Guo Fu had to call Cheng Ying ‘martial uncle.’ But deep down she was still not convinced that her strange grandfather had accepted such a person as a disciple. She thought that she and Cheng Ying were about the same age so Cheng Ying’s kungfu shouldn’t be very good.

She looked at Lu Wushuang and said, “Who knows if she’s real or fake? My grandpa is world famous. There are many shameless people pretending to be his disciples.”

Although Cheng Ying’s natural disposition was gentle, hearing this she couldn’t help getting angry. But her whole heart right now was fixed on Yang Guo, and so she had no intention to bicker with people.

She said, “Cousin, let’s go.. go find Big Brother Yang.”

Lu Wushuang nodded. She turned to Guo Fu and said, “Did you hear that? Did she or did she not call me her cousin? Hero Guo and Chief Huang Rong are world famous. Don’t know how many shameless people pretend to be their daughter!”

Then with a ‘hei-hei’ cold laugh, she turned to leave.

Guo Fu was slow. She thought, “Who pretends to be my parents’ daughter?”

But then it dawned on her, “Aiyo! She called me a bastard, saying that I’m not my parents’ daugther.”

Now that she understood the meaning, how could she bear it? She jumped up and thrust her sword towards Lu Wushuang’s back.

Hearing the sound of Guo Fu's sword cutting through the air, Lu Wushuang turned and blocked the strike with her saber. With a ‘dang’ sound, slight pains shot through their arms.

Guo Fu shouted, “Did you call me a bastard?”

The long sword struck again and again. Lu Wushuang blocked the sword left and right. She sneered, “Hero Guo is a righteous hero. Chief Huang is truly the daughter of the chief of Peach Blossom Island. Their characters are remarkable.. ..”

Guo Fu said, “Who doesn’t know that? There is no need to praise my parents to please me.”

She really thought that Lu Wushuang had sincerely praised her parents, and so her sword slowed down.

But Lu Wushuang continued, “You? You cut off Big Brother Yang’s arm. You couldn’t tell right from wrong, hurting a good person. How could such behavior be anything similar to that of the Guo couple? Makes people wonder.”

“Wonder about what?” Guo Fu asked.

Lu Wushuang darkly said, “You think about it.”

Yelu Qi was standing on the side of the scene. He knew that Guo Fu’s intelligence was far inferior to Lu Wushuang. If this verbal spat went on, Guo Fu wouldn’t be able to stand it. He said, “Miss Guo, let’s not talk to her any more.”

He could see that Guo Fu’s kungfu was above Lu Wushuang’s. If she couldn’t win an argument, she would resort to a real fight. Who would have thought that Guo Fu would be blind with rage, not understanding his intention. She said, “Don’t meddle. I’m asking her to explain what she said.”

Lu Wushuang gave Yelu Qi a stare. She said, “A dog that bites visitors will give you trouble in the future.”

Yelu Qi blushed, knowing that Lu Wushuang had already figured out his feelings towards Guo Fu. What she meant was that Guo Fu was so irrational that she would give him infinite trouble in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BeeDreamer; 08-15-05 at 05:20 AM.

OMG!!! Gou Fu is no doubt my most hated character.
    I even like Li Mo Chou but Gou Fu is just too much.

BTW, thank you bee God knows many people are pleased by your hard work. Keep up the great work!!

any of you guys have a listing or remember the most romantic/honorable or any quotable quotes in ROCH?
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around