Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Heh heh that's great... Suddenly everyone's so enthusiastic about translating...
    At this rate RoCH will be done in no time.

Er just asking... I'm ignorant about these things... would we be violating any copyright laws if we translate without the author's permission? If so then everyone just pretend you didn't see this

FlyingFox would be the best person to ask of this as he works in publishing business.

AFAIK, it is not illegal as long as no profit was intended, hence the proliferation of fansubs and fan translations of things like anime, manga and stories on the web.

Han SOlo

Thank you so much fox-s!!!!!

I can't believe I haven't checked this thread out for this long.

I agree with the poster who mentioned that no live action can be compared to JY's words.

The death or Lu'E is so sad. But I hope Xiao Long Nuu will be alrihgt. She is my favorite character in this novel and I just don't want more bad things happening to her.

I haven't read the novel or watched the TV series - only watched an old film with Leslie as Yang Guo. So I have no idea what will happen. I just hope the lovers will be together.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Xiao_Long_nu, why not finish rayon's translation of chapter 25? After that you and fox-s can arrange which additional chapters you will work on. With more than one translator at work maybe there should be a separate thread for each of the next chapters to avoid confusion.
    Wizard
    Great Idea! My thought precisely ... So, whom should I send my work to? Any taker?

Thank you all, for your encouragement. I do hope I can finish this chapter soon, and then you can enjoy IcyFox's work more with additional background information.

foxs
    Last edited by fox-s; 12-13-05 at 05:24 PM.

Default Chapter 32 Part 4

Moved to Post #622

to be continued ...
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:00 PM.

Wow! interesting twist!

Damn Gongsun Zhi! I hope he dies in the most terrible manner!
    I hate Gongsun Zhi! Such evil is unforgivable!

Damn I am pissed!

............. Many thanks fox-s! Keep on going! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

Wow! interesting twist!

Damn Gongsun Zhi! I hope he dies in the most terrible manner!
    I hate Gongsun Zhi! Such evil is unforgivable!

Damn I am pissed!

............. Many thanks fox-s! Keep on going! Great work!

HE DESERVES TO DIE!!!! I hate him so much!!!!!! I blame him for the death of Lu'E!! *gets angry and shoots a picture of Gongsun Zhi* Die, die, die!!! AAARRRHHH!!!!!

Thanks for translating Fox-S!! Many thanks!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

im translating this part so nobody translated it plz......u could probably redo it tho!!!!!!!!!!! but im starting!!!!!!!!!!

Siu Long Nu saw Chu Zi Lau coming she quickly went up to him and said," Uncle Chu, quickly think up a plan and get him to come over here." Chu zi Lau looked over to where Gong Shun Gi was standing and observed. The bridge he was standing on was less than a foot wide. On the bridge grew slippery moss causing the bridge to be slippery itself. You have to have a high lightness martial art to stay balabced on the bridge, if not you would fall into the deep valley.

this is it 4 now.....im in school rite now.....so i decided to put this part in......ill cont. when i get home......sry that im makin u guys wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

im still at skool.....and i jus posted a lil bit more......but my partner is bout ta kill me if i don start helping so......heres a lil 4 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo Sam Tong thought since Yeung Guo saved his two sons life and their brotherly relationship, today he was going to get the antidote, even if it meant losing his life, he'd make sure Yeung Guo was cured and saved. So he shoulted out, "Let me go over there and fetch that bastard!" He walked two steps but Ching Ying with her swift movements stood in front of him and said,"Let me go!" Her movements were fast and swift. One quick move and she was getting ready to cross the bridge. But Yeung Guo was even faster and even swifter. He pulled her back and whispered in her ear and asked,"Am I worth it, for you to go and risk your life for me?" After hearing this Ching Ying turned a little red and didn't speak.

Default It's OK

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    im translating this part so nobody translated it plz......u could probably redo it tho!!!!!!!!!!! but im starting!!!!!!!!!!

..deleted..

this is it 4 now.....im in school rite now.....so i decided to put this part in......ill cont. when i get home......sry that im makin u guys wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's OK! I love to see your enthusiasm. We are all lovers of this story.

I have finished the translation up to where somebody bad died (I don't want to give you any spoiler), but I can wait. I will hold until you are finish.

In the meantime, anybody who want my 'version' .. could email me.
    Last edited by fox-s; 12-13-05 at 05:25 PM.
    foxs

ok im bak!!!!!!!!!! and heres the translation!!!!!!!!!

At the same time Siu Long Nu said, “I need to borrow your swords.”

As she said this she flew by Mo Dun Yu and Yuen Nan Ping’s side and using both hands, grabbed both of there swords. Mo Dun Yu and Yuen Nan Ping only saw a flash of white and there swords were gone and when they looked again they saw Siu Long Nu on the bridge facing Gong Shun Gi.

Gong Shun Gi was delighted when he saw Siu Long Nu flying over. He smiled and said, “Your really not scared of losing your life, huh?”

Siu Long Nu thought, “No matter what I have to get the antidote for Guo Ye before I die.” She politely said, “ Mister Gong Shun you saved my life and I am very grateful and in debted of you. But rather than repaying you, I have given you so much trouble, I feel really guilty and sorry. I didn’t come here to hurt you.”

Gong Shun Gi said, “Then what do you want?”

Siu Long Nu said, “I am here to beg you, please give me the antidote so I can give it to my husband. The antidote is useless for you. If you give it to me, I’ll be forever grateful.”

Yeung Guo on the other side of the cliff was yelling, “Long Ye come back. Half of that antidote can’t save both of us. Why are you trying to get it?”

Gong Shun Gi eyed Siu Long Nu. The wind blowing at her and the mist made her even beautiful. Compared with Taoist Lee, Siu Long Nu was far prettier and he said, “You called the brat/punk name Yeung husband?”

Siu Long Nu replied, “Yes, we got married.”

Gong Shun Gi replied back, “If you promise me one thing, I will give you the antidote.”

Siu Long Nu staret at Gong Shun Gi and saw that his eyes were staring intently at her and she guess what he wanted, “I am already married and have a husband, how can I marry you? Mister Gong Shun you love me but I love my husband only.”

Gong Shun Gi said, “Then if you won’t promise then leave and become my enemy. I am warning you saber and sword have no feelings.”

Siu Long Nu said, “You made up your mind to fight and make me become your enemy, wouldn’t our getting to know each other be of no use?” In her mind she only thought him as her rescuer and savior.

Gong Shun Gi smiled wickedly and said, “I want to see that brat/punk Yeung Guo go throught the pain of poision when he dies, to see him struggle on the floor with the passion flower’s poison, to see you become a widowed wife.”

Yeung Guo kept on yelling out, “Long Ye! Come back, what’s the use of getting the antidote.” If it wasn’t for the bridge was too small he would have went and pulled his wife back.

Siu Long Nu smiled and said, “Listen. He’s telling me to come back. He only thinks of me. He doesn’t care for the poison that is in his body.”

Gong Shun Gi and Siu Long Nu’s distance was only one foot. He was thinking if I take one step and grab a hold of her then we could both leave Upon the people that are on the cliff only Yeung Guo’s martial arts are higher but he also has a broken arm so his martial arts will be nothing. The best would be to grab Siu Long Nu and also meet up with Lee Mo Sou. So he cried out, “Ok lets start!”

His sword rushed at Siu Long Nu. Siu Long Nu’s left sword went up and she blocked his sword. Her left sword defended and her right sword attacked. Since learning Chow Bak Tong’s separate heart (aka Left/Right Mutual Combat Technique) her martial arts got better. Both hands using Seung Kim Hup Bik (aka Twin Swords Together or the previous translator put Fair Maiden Simple Heart Sword Technique)

Gong Shun Gi thought, “If only I knew that her martial arts are that hight I wouldn’t fight her.

Siu Long Nu didn’t think to kill Gong Ghun Gi, if it wasn’t for that Gong Shun Gi would have lost already.

Both were fighting there hardest. Not long afterwards Monk Yi Dang, Wong Yung, Guo Fu, Yelu Chi, and Yelu Yin came. Everybody was on the mountain cliff staring at Gong Shung Gi and Siu Long Nu fighting on the bridge.

Guo Fu turned to Yelu Chi and said, “Lets go up there and help!”

Yelu Chi said, “The stone bridge is not wide enough. It won’t even permit another person to be on it.”

Guo Fu and Gong Shun Gi had fought against each other before. She knows how high his martial arts are. Her mom couldn’t defeat him by herself. Siu Long Nu was up against him by herself, how can she do it? She turned to her mother and said, “Mom, Mom, think up a plan so Sister Long won’t get hurt.”

Without her saying everybody was worried for her but nobody was able to cross the narrow bridge and get to Siu Long Nu. They only could stand and watch.

Gong Shun Gi with his saver and sword and Siu Long Nu with her two swords. While Gong Shun Gi’s sword and saber’s skills were hard, strong, and killing, Siu Long Nu’s twin swordsmanship was light, graceful, and weak. It seem like she was on the losing end. Only Yi Deng, Yang Guo, Wong Yung, and Chu Zi Lau could tell that Siu Long Nu had the upperhand. Wong Yung observed that Siu Long Nu’s twin swords originated from Separate Heart (aka /Right Mutual Combat Technique). This skill was invented by the Old Urchin Chow Bak Tong. Only Chow Bak Tong and Guo Jing knew this skill no third person knew this skill. Seung Kim Hup Bik (aka Fair Maiden Simple Heart Sword Technique) is very powerful but since Siu Long Nu got poisoned, she didn’t have a lot of energy. So her sword skills were a little weak.

Wong Yung was a little worried so she said to Guo Ye, “Guo Ye, me and you are going to shout out comments to Gong Shun Gi. You make him mad and I’ll make him happy. We’ll distract him.”

After saying this she yelled out, “Mister Gong Shun, I already killed Qiu Qian Ren.”

When Gong Shun Gi heard this his heart leapt up and he was very happy.

Yang Guo shouted out, “ Gong Shun Gi, Lee Mo Chou said that if you don’t get the antidote for her she will come and get revenge.”

Wong Yung shouted, “No, Lee Mo Chou said if you cure the passion flower poison, she will marry you.”

i couldnt figure the others out......so i sorta gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!! but whoever (sry i dunno ur name teehee ) that is translating ROCH ch. 32 may cont. or redo wat i did.......preferably redo wat i did.....cuz i sorta wanna kno the difference btween my translation and whoever is doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!! teehee!!!!!!!!! but i havta go now........cant wait 4 more translation!!!!!!!!!

o and plz leave a comment on wat do u think of my translation.....like how did......bad or good!!!!!!!!!!! thanx

So he shoulted out, "Let me go over there and fetch that bastard!" He walked two steps but Ching Ying with her swift movements stood in front of him and said,"Let me go!" Her movements were fast and swift. One quick move and she was getting ready to cross the bridge. But Yeung Guo was even faster and even swifter. He pulled her back and whispered in her ear and asked,"Am I worth it, for you to go and risk your life for me?" After hearing this Ching Ying turned a little red and didn't speak.

Ooh... Cheng Ying!! Don't be stupid and risk your life for someone who can't return your affections!! She's my favorite character and I don't want to see anything bad happen to her.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    It's OK! I love to see your enthusiasm. We are all lovers of this story.

I have finished the translation up to where somebody bad died (I don't want to give you any spoiler), but I can wait. I will hold until you are finish.

In the meantime, anybody who want my 'version' .. could email me.
    Umm... Can you just PM me? If not I'll give you my e-mail address.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

o and plz leave a comment on wat do u think of my translation.....like how did......bad or good!!!!!!!!!!! thanx
    Well done! Its not as good as the other translators but for starters, your work is very good. I encourage you to do more translations and increase your accuracy. Thank you for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Well done! Its not as good as the other translators but for starters, your work is very good. I encourage you to do more translations and increase your accuracy. Thank you for your work!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! hearing that jus makes my day.......ill try if i can do more translation.....but i suck at reading chinese!!!!!!!!!!! and i mean it!!!!!!!!

Default Chapter 31 - Half The Antidote

I've compiled Chapter 31 together to make it more convenient for you guys. Pls tell me if I missed any part. If anyone wants to translate just do it. I'll compile the chapter for you guys once it's complete.

Chapter 31 – Half The Antidote

(Translated by BeeDreamer)

Surrounded by the mountains, the floor of the Passionless Valley was vast, occupying about thirty thousands acres of land, with winding paths, towering hills, and deep ravines. But Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu used their lightness kungfu to follow the path on the map, and they arrived at their destination in just a short while. In front of them they saw several big elm trees, seventy, eighty-feet high, providing a shade for a brick and pottery kiln underneath. The map showed that the Indian monk and Zhu Ziliu were imprisoned here.

Yang Guo turned to Xiao Longnu and said, “You wait here. I’ll go in and take a look. With charcoal and ash in there, it must be very dirty.”

As he bent over to step into the kiln, he was hit by a heat wave.

“Who is there?” A voice shouted.

Yang Guo said, “I've got the chief’s order. I’m coming to get the prisoners.”

That person emerged from behind the brick wall and asked, “What?”

Seeing Yang Guo, he was startled and said, “You.. You..”

Yang Guo saw that he was a valley disciple dressed in green so he said, “The chief has ordered me to come get the monk and the man surnamed Zhu.”

That disciple knew that Yang Guo had saved his master’s life, that she'd announced in front of everybody that Yang Guo was her intended son-in-law, and that he and Lu’e were on the best terms. This person would one day become the valley chief, and so he didn’t dare to offend Yang Guo.

He said, “But.. .. what about the chief’s command sign?”

Yang Guo ignored him and said, “Let me come in and take a look.”

That disciple complied and turned back into the kiln.

Inside the brick walls, the heat was even more intense. Two lowly laborers were raking charcoal. Although it was bitterly cold at this time of year, the two people were actually bare-chested, each wearing short pants to cover his lower body. Still they were sweating profusely. The disciple in green pushed open a big stone, revealing an opening. Yang Guo went inside and saw that it was actually a stone chamber of ten feet square. Zhu Ziliu sat there with his face to the wall, using his index finger to draw pictures. His arm rose and fell as if he was very pleased with himself. The Indian monk was actually lying on the ground, and it was hard to tell if he was still alive.

Yang Guo called out, “Uncle Zhu, how are you?”

Zhu Ziliu turned his head back. He laughed and said, “A friend has come to visit from afar, how can I not be fine?” Yang Guo had to admire him. He was stranded here for a long time but still kept calm as if everything was normal. Even in crisis, he could still be mirthful. He himself was far, far inferior to him in this regards.

“Is the divine monk sleeping?” He asked.

Having said this, his heart was beating wildly because Xiao Longnu’s life all depended on this divine Indian monk.

Zhu Ziliu didn't reply. Only after a while he let out a gentle sigh and said, “My martial uncle can usually withstand heat and cold much better than I can, but this time.. ..”

It sounded like the Indian monk’s condition was critical. Frightened, Yang Guo didn't bother to say any more words. He turned his head to the disciple in green. He ordered, “Unlock the door. Let them out.”

The disciple in green said in surprise, "What about the lock? The chief's got the key. If she ordered you to free people, how come she didn’t give you the key?”

Impatient, Yang Guo shouted, “Make way!”

He lifed his black iron sword and struck down, making a big hole in the stone wall with a ‘ka’ sound. That disciple let out an ‘ah’ cry and froze in fright. Yang Guo swung his sword a few more times and that five-inch window became wide enough for a person to pass through.

Zhu Ziliu cried out, “Brother Yang, I congratulate you on your great skills!”

He bent over to pick up the Indian monk, passing him through that hole. As Yang Guo took him, he could felt that the Indian monk’s arm was warm. His heart jumped. But then he saw that the Indian monk’s eyes were shut tight. He thought to himself, “Aiyo, even a dead body is warm in this fire room.”

He quickly stretched his hand to feel the Indian monk’s breath and realized he was still breathing faintly.

Zhu Ziliu jumped out from that hole in the wall. He said, “Martial uncle has passed out. Hope it’s not a great obstacle.”

Yang Guo blushed. He thought to himself, “Shame on you!”

He thought about how he himself didn’t really care about the Indian monk’s wellbeing but more about how to save his own wife.

He asked, “Did he pass out from heat exhaustion? Let’s quickly go outside to get some air.”

Then he carried him out.

Seeing the three people, Xiao Longnu was delighted.

Yang Guo said, “Let’s find some cold water to sprinkle on Reverend’s face.”

“No. Martial uncle was poisoned by the passion flowers.” Zhu Ziliu said.

Yang Guo was startled. He asked, “Is the poison severe?”

Zhu Ziliu replied, “I think not. It was he who poisoned himself.”

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu were puzzled. In one voice, they exclaimed, “What?”

With a sign Zhu Ziliu said, “Uncle said that these passion flowers were already extinct in India. He didn’t know how it had been spreaded. He said that if it got out of hand, it would be a great disaster. Years ago, people and livestock in India had been poisoned and died because of these flowers. Martial uncle had thoroughly researched poison techniques but this passion flower poison was really strange. He came to the valley this time, knowing that the divine pill could only help one person. He wanted to find out what could detoxify the poison to help people on a large scale. He used his body to test the poison so he would understand its nature and be able to find the antidote."

Yang Guo was half amazed and half in awe. He said, “Buddha said – if I don’t go to hell, who will? Reverend is trying to save people, not hestitating to face a disaster. People really have to respect him.”

Zhu Ziliu said, “In an ancient tale, Shen Nong tried a hundred kinds of herbs to save people. If it was the wrong herb, his face would turn blue. This martial uncle of mine must have had this story in mind.”

Yang Guo nodded and said, “Right. Do you know when he will regain consciousness?”

“After he poisoned himself, he said if his calculation was not wrong, he would wake up after three days and three nights,” said Zhu Ziliu.

Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu looked at each other. They both thought, “He’ll be in a coma for three days and three nights. It means the poison is very severe. Fortunately this passion flower poison affects people differently. If one has a passionate heart, the poison will act up very fiercely. This monk has a steady heart. He's much better than an average person.”

Xiao Longnu said, “You two were in the kiln, how did you find passion flowers?”

Zhu Ziliu replied, “After we were put in the fire room, there was a girl who often came to visit.. ..”

Xiao Longnu said, “Was she a tall girl with fair complextion and a small mole on one corner of her mouth?”

“Right,” said Zhu Ziliu.

Xiao Longnu smiled at Yang Guo. Then she said to Zhu Ziliu, “That was the valley chief’s daugther Miss Lu’E. She heard that you two had come to help Yang Guo so she was fond of you. Although she didn’t dare to release you, she’d get you whatever you wanted.”

Zhu Ziliu said, “Correct. Martial uncle asked her for a branch of the passion flowers. I asked her to send my message asking for help. And she complied. In the fire room, everyday there would be a time the fires blasted. She would pour water on them to reduce the intensity, making it bearable for us. I often asked her who she was but she never answered. I didn’t know she was the valley chief’s daugther.”

“And she gave us the direction to come here,” said Xiao Longnu.

Yang Guo said, “Great reverend Yi Deng is here too.”

Zhu Ziliu was delighted. He said, “Oh, let’s go.”

Yang Guo frowned and said, “Monk Ci’en is also here. I’m afraid there might be a little trouble.”

Zhu Ziliu was puzzled. He said, “Brother Ci’en is also here. How can it not be good? When brother and sister meet, Chief Qiu will have no choice but consider this friendship.”

Even though he became Reverend Yi Deng’s disciple before Ci’en, in Jianghu Ci’en’s kungfu was actually at the same level as that of Reverend Yi Deng. And so Diancang Yuyin and Zhu Ziliu highly respected him, treating him as ‘martial elder brother.’ Zhu Ziliu had asked Lu’e to send his help message, hoping that Ci’en would come, and the two sides would be reconciled. Now that Yang Guo mentioned trouble, he couldn’t quite understand.

Yang Guo briefly told him about Ci’en mental instability and how Qiu Qianchi was trying to stir up his emotion.

Zhu Ziliu said, “Madame Guo is also here in the valley. That’s really the best. Her wisdom is second to none. My master is here to control the situation. Also, Brother Yang’s kungfu has reached this stage. There shouldn’t be any problem. I’m only worried about my martial uncle.

Yang Guo also felt that the Indian monk’s safety was the first priority. He said, “We could find a place to stay, waiting for Reverend to regain consciousness. The three of us can protect him.”

Zhu Ziliu hesitated. He asked, “Where should we go?”

He pondered for a long time, feeling that this Passionless Valley was dangerous everywhere. Then he figured out and said, “We wait right here.”

Yang Guo was startled but then he understood. With a smile he said, “Uncle Zhu’s idea is wonderful. This place seems bad but it actually is the best place in the valley. We just have to stop those valley disciples from leaking our secret.”

Zhu Ziliu stretched out his finger. With a laugh he said, “That’s easy.”

He picked up the Indian monk and said, “We’ll rest here in the kiln. May I ask Brother Yang and Mrs. to go help my master?”

Yang Guo remembered that Reverend Yi Deng’s injury had not recovered and that Ci’en had been swaying back and forth between good and evil. If he stayed here to guard the Indian monk, it would be rather selfish and he wouldn’t be feel comfortable. Seeing Zhu Ziliu carry the Indian monk back into the kiln, he and Xiao Longnu returned to the path they’d just come from.

The two people passed by the passion flower thicket. It was bitter cold at this time. Undoubtedly there was no flower, and the leaves had all fallen, leaving only ugly bare branches, full of sharp thorns.

Suddenly Yang Guo thought of Li Mochou. He said, “No doubt this thing called passion is sometimes extremely beautiful but other times extremely ugly. Like your martial sister, Spring flowers wither quickly but their thorns can still kill people.”

Xiao Longnu said, “I hope the divine monk can find the antidote to this flower poison. Not only will it cure you, my martial sister can also be saved.”

But Yang Guo actually hoped that the Indian monk would first treat the poisons in Xiao Longnu’s body and that the Indian monk would regain consciousness. If he didn’t wake up and just passed away, what then? Looking at his wife, his heart was filled with infinite tender feelings. Suddenly, he was hit by a flash of pain in his chest. He knew that because he’d saved the Cheng-Lu cousins, the poison in his body was even more severe. Afraid that he would worry Xiao Longnu, he turned his head to look at the bare branches, appearing to be happy and not paying attention to life and death.

By now there was another scene in the main hall of the Passionless Valley. Qiu Qianchi was urging her brother to act. The more she talked, the more ferocious her words became. Revenrend Yi Deng didn’t say a word, leaving Ci’en to make a decision for himself. Ci’en looked at his sister. He looked at his master. Then he looked at Huang Rong. One was his blood sister. Another was the master who’d changed him. And the third was his brother's murderer. His mind fluctuated between kindness and hatred. Good and evil were battling. How would he decide? His entire life from childhoold to old age flashed in his brain. Sometimes tears glistened in his eyes, other times a smile came to the corners of his mouth. His heart was aflame for this was fiercer than any battle he’d ever fought in.

Lu Wushuang saw that Yang Guo had left the hall for a long time and still not returned and that Ci’en’s state of mind had nothing to do with her whatsoever. She gently tugged at Cheng Ying’s gown sleeve and quietly slipped out of the hall. Cheng Ying followed her out.

“Where did Dumb Egg go?” Lu Wushuang asked.

Cheng Ying didn’t reply. She only said, “He’s been poisoned. Don’t know how bad his condition is.”

Lu Wushuang said, “Hmm.”

She was also worried. In a low-spirited voice, she said, “I really didn’t expect this. He and his master finally.. ..”

Cheng Ying said in the same tone, “Miss Long is really beautiful, and she’s really good. Only such a person can match Big Brother Yang.”

Lu Wushuang said, “How do you know she’s a good person? You haven’t really talked to her.”

Suddenly she heard a cold voice from behind, “Her foot is not lame. Naturally she’s good.”

Lu Wushuang drew out her Willow Leaf saber, turning her body around. That voice, of course, came from Guo Fu.

Seeing her unsheathed saber, Guo Fu quickly pulled out a long sword from Yelu Qi’s waist. She returned the angry glare and shouted, “You want to fight?”

With a merry laugh Lu Wushuang said, “How come you don’t use your own sword?”

Her foot had been crippled since childhood, and it was her sore spot. Other people never mentioned this in front of her. This time Guo Fu ridiculed her ‘lame foot,’ she was enraged, and so she sarcastically brought up the broken sword issue.

Guo Fu barked, “I’m going to use someone else’s sword to give you a kungfu lesson.”

Having said that, the long sword struck, and the ‘weng-weng’ sounds echoed.

Lu Wushuang said, “How rude. The Guo family's child doesn’t respect her senior. Good, today I’ll teach you the difference between good and bad.”

“Bah, how can you be my senior?” Guo Fu said.

With a laugh Lu Wushuang said, “My cousin is your martial uncle. If you don’t call me Gugu (paternal aunt), you should call me Ah-yi (maternal aunt). You can ask my cousin!”

Then she pointed at Cheng Ying.

By her mother’s order, Guo Fu had to call Cheng Ying ‘martial uncle.’ But deep down she was still not convinced that her strange grandfather had accepted such a person as a disciple. She thought that she and Cheng Ying were about the same age so Cheng Ying’s kungfu shouldn’t be very good.

She looked at Lu Wushuang and said, “Who knows if she’s real or fake? My grandpa is world famous. There are many shameless people pretending to be his disciples.”

Although Cheng Ying’s natural disposition was gentle, hearing this she couldn’t help getting angry. But her whole heart right now was fixed on Yang Guo, and so she had no intention to bicker with people.

She said, “Cousin, let’s go.. go find Big Brother Yang.”

Lu Wushuang nodded. She turned to Guo Fu and said, “Did you hear that? Did she or did she not call me her cousin? Hero Guo and Chief Huang Rong are world famous. Don’t know how many shameless people pretend to be their daughter!”

Then with a ‘hei-hei’ cold laugh, she turned to leave.

Guo Fu was slow. She thought, “Who pretends to be my parents’ daughter?”

But then it dawned on her, “Aiyo! She called me a bastard, saying that I’m not my parents’ daugther.”

Now that she understood the meaning, how could she bear it? She jumped up and thrust her sword towards Lu Wushuang’s back.

Hearing the sound of Guo Fu's sword cutting through the air, Lu Wushuang turned and blocked the strike with her saber. With a ‘dang’ sound, slight pains shot through their arms.

Guo Fu shouted, “Did you call me a bastard?”

The long sword struck again and again. Lu Wushuang blocked the sword left and right. She sneered, “Hero Guo is a righteous hero. Chief Huang is truly the daughter of the chief of Peach Blossom Island. Their characters are remarkable.. ..”

Guo Fu said, “Who doesn’t know that? There is no need to praise my parents to please me.”

She really thought that Lu Wushuang had sincerely praised her parents, and so her sword slowed down.

But Lu Wushuang continued, “You? You cut off Big Brother Yang’s arm. You couldn’t tell right from wrong, hurting a good person. How could such behavior be anything similar to that of the Guo couple? Makes people wonder.”

“Wonder about what?” Guo Fu asked.

Lu Wushuang darkly said, “You think about it.”

Yelu Qi was standing on the side of the scene. He knew that Guo Fu’s intelligence was far inferior to Lu Wushuang. If this verbal spat went on, Guo Fu wouldn’t be able to stand it. He said, “Miss Guo, let’s not talk to her any more.”

He could see that Guo Fu’s kungfu was above Lu Wushuang’s. If she couldn’t win an argument, she would resort to a real fight. Who would have thought that Guo Fu would be blind with rage, not understanding his intention. She said, “Don’t meddle. I’m asking her to explain what she said.”

Lu Wushuang gave Yelu Qi a stare. She said, “A dog that bites visitors will give you trouble in the future.”

Yelu Qi blushed, knowing that Lu Wushuang had already figured out his feelings towards Guo Fu. What she meant was that Guo Fu was so irrational that she would give him infinite trouble in the future.

Seeing Yelu Qi blush, Guo Fu was greatly suspicious. She questioned, “You suspect that I’m not my parents’ daughter as well?”

Yelu Qi quickly said, “No, no. Let’s go. Don’t pay her attention.”

Lu Wushuang butted in, “Naturally, he is suspicious. Otherwise, why does he want you to leave so quickly?”

Guo Fu’s face reddened, and she pressed her hand on the sword.

Yelu Qi could only advise, “Miss Lu’s words are mean and cutting. If you want to test her kungfu, just do it. There’s no need to talk.”

Lu Wushuang said, “He said you got a dumb mouth. Talking too much will only reveal what a joke you are.”

Guo Fu had feelings for Yelu Qi, and so she was worried that he wouldn’t like her. Although other people were talking nonsense, when it involved her loved one, she had to think about it. As she thought about what Lu Wushuang said, she feared that Yelu Qi would really think badly of her. Her parents had doted on her since she was little, and the Wu brothers -- her childhood friends -- had always obeyed her. Except her occasional quarrels with Yang Guo, she’d never had an argument like this. Today she ran into a ferocious opponent, who outpaced and outwitted her no matter what she said.

Realizing that talking would result in more damage, she scolded, “If I don’t cripple your other foot today, my name is not Guo.”

Having said that, her sword moved like the wind, flying towards Lu Wushuang.

Lu Wushuang said, “No need to cripple my foot. Your real name is not Guo anyway. Maybe your name is Zhang, or Li.”

Lu Wushuang could still go on, calling her a ‘bastard.’

While they were exchanging these verbal attacks, the saber and the sword clashed, and the battle became more intense.

The Guo couple had taught their daughter the best of kungfu. Guo Fu was taught all the basics but it was difficult to master the skills in a short period of time. When it came to martial proclivity, Guo Fu had a stronger resemblance to her father and very little in common with her mother. And so, even though her foundation of orthodox kungfu was good, she still needed to refine her skills before she could use any lethal kungfu. Even so, Lu Wushuang wasn’t her match. Besides, her retreat wasn’t very agile because of a crippled foot. Guo Fu was burning with rage, and she kept on attacking. Sword lights flashed as she was trying to stab Lu Wushuang’s right leg.

Cheng Ying was watching them fight, her brows creasing with worry.

She thought, “Althought my cousin’s namecalling isn’t nice, this Guo girl is too rude and too unreasonable. No wonder Yang Guo’s right arm was cut off by her. If they continue to fight, my cousin’s right leg will be difficult to save.”

She saw Lu Wushuang constantly retreating. Suddenly she heard a ‘chi’ sound as Lu Wushuang skirt was ripped open. She let out a soft cry, “Aiyo!”

Lu Wushuang stumbled back, her face pale. Guo Fu quickly took a couple of steps forwards and brought her sword around in a horizontal swipe, slashing Lu Wushuang’s leg. Seeing that Guo Fu had already won but still kept on attacking and that Lu Wushuang was dangerously cornered, she stepped in gently, using both hands to block Guo Fu.

She said, “Miss Guo, please go light on her.”

Guo Fu lifted her sword. Seeing blood on the blade, she knew that Lu Wushuang had already been injured. She pointed her sword proudly at Lu Wushuang and said, “My lesson today will teach you not to spout nonsense again.”

The sword wound on Lu Wushuang’s leg was aching. She angrily said, “Are you going to use your sword to stop people from talking?”

She knew that Guo Fu basked in her parents’ glory, so she pretended to say that Guo Fu was not Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter.

Guo Fu shouted, “What did they say?”

She moved forward a step, with the tip of her sword straight towards Lu Wushuang’s chest.

Cheng Ying stepped in between them. Seeing the long sword arrive, she used three fingers to hold the blade and gently pushed it aside.

She pursuaded, “Cousin, Miss Guo, we are in the middle of danger here. Let’s stop this senseless fight.”

Her sword was brushed aside by Cheng Ying’s bare hand. Guo Fu was half-startled and half-angry. She shouted, “Are you helping her? Good, good, good. Even two on one, I’m not afraid. Draw out your weapon!”

Having said that, she pointed her long sword at Cheng Ying’s waist, preparing to thrust and waiting calmly for her to pull out the jade flute from her waist.

With a faint smile Cheng Ying said, “I just asked you two not to fight, how can I fight you myself? Brother Yelu, please come talk to Miss Guo.”

“Right. Miss Guo, we are in the enemy territory. We’ve got to be careful everywhere we go.” Yelu Qi said.

Guo Fu quickly said, “Good. You don’t help me. Instead, you help an outsider.”

Seeing that Cheng Ying was a girl of beauty and grace, she suddenly thought to herself, “Is he interested in her?”

Yelu Qi had no clue what she was thinking. He continued, “That monk Ci’en looked quite strange. Let’s go back to watch him in the hall.”

Lu Wushuang heard Guo Fu’s words and saw the look on her face. She understood what Guo Fu was worried about.

She said, “Compared to you, my cousin is prettier. Her behavior is gentler. And she had better kungfu. You’ve got to be very very careful.”

These four sentences pierced Guo Fu’s heart. Nervously she asked, “Careful about what?”

Lu Wushuang sneered, “Even if I were an idiot, I would still prefer my cousin. You are rude and vicious, what’s so good about you?”

These words were so obvious, how could Guo Fu stand them? Her long sword flew out, swerving around Cheng Ying and flying towards Lu Wushuang.

This move of hers was called the ‘Jade Stance Guiding Silver Arrow,’ which was one of Huang Rong’s family techniques. The blade was swung in an arc and would strike the side of the target. The move appeared to be without haste but the damage zone was wide. Only one with higher sword skills would be able to block such a blow; otherwise, it was extremely difficult to escape.

Cheng Ying knitted her brows. She thought to herserf, “Why is this girl using the fiercest stance? My cousin only offends you with words. She isn't your most hateful enemy. Why are you acting like you mean to kill a murderer?”

Fortunately, Huang Yaoshi had earlier taught her this sword stance. And so, she sent energy to her fingers, waiting for Guo Fu’s sword swing. Then with a clang, the long sword was shot to the ground.

The technique Cheng Ying had just used was called ‘Divine Flicking Fingers.’ But it came out strong only because Cheng Ying had understood Guo Fu’s technique and waited to strike when the power on Guo Fu’s sword went empty. Otherwise, the two people’s martial skills were about the same level, Cheng Ying wouldn’t have been able to disarm Guo Fu with her fingers. Cheng Ying used her left foot to step on the long sword, and the jade flute in her hand pointed at Guo Fu’s pressure point on her waist.

In a flash Cheng Ying had knocked off Guo Fu’s sword, stepped on it, and threatened Guo Fu’s pressure point. Guo Fu was in an extremely awkward situation. If she bent down to snatch the sword, the pressure point on her waist would be exposed. But if she jumped backwards, her long sword would of course be taken. Although her kungfu was not weak, she lacked battle experiences. At the moment, she was blushing profusely, not knowing what to do.

Yelu Qi shouted, “Hey, lady. Why did you step on my weapon?”

Then he leaned forward to grab the jade flute. Cheng Ying retracted her arm, and then she turned around to leave, pulling Lu Wushuang along with her.

Guo Fu snatched the long sword back. She called out, “Slow down, let’s see who’s the better person.”

Lu Wushuang turned her head back and said, “Still want to.. ..”

Cheng Ying lifted her arm, draging her cousin along. The two people were already twenty, thirty feet away from them, and so Lu Wushuang didn’t get to finish her sentence.

Yelu Qi said, “Miss Guo, she was just lucky with that move. Actually, the two of you are equals.”

Guo Fu bitterly said, “Right. I was swinging my sword in an arc. Before I could hit them, she took advantage of the moment the strength on my sword was void. I didn’t expect someone who looked quite refined to be sly like this.”

“Hmm.” Yelu Qi made a noise.

He was a straight person. Not wanting to falsely flatter her, he said, “Miss Cheng’s kungfu isn’t weak. If you fight with her next time, you can’t underestimate the enemy.”

Hearing him commend Cheng Ying, Guo Fu frowned darkly. She couldn’t bear it and so she said, “Did you say her kungfu was good?”

Yelu Qi replied, “Yes.”

Guo Fu angrily said, “Then don’t mind me. Just go, be with her.”

Having said that, she turned around.

Yelu Qi said, “I advised you not to underestimate the enemy. I asked you to be careful. Am I helping you, or am I helping her?”

Now that Yelu Qi had explained that he wanted her to protect herself, Guo Fu couldn’t help but smile.

Yelu Qi continued, “Didn’t I help you get the sword back? Why are you still blaming me?”

Guo Fu turned her head back and said, “I’m not. I’m not. I’m not blaming you!”

A happy smile filled her face.

Yelu Qi was delighted but suddenly he heard repeated roars from inside the hall, accompanied by the interminable sounds of metals clanking.

Guo Fu cried out, “Aiyo, let’s quickly go and take a look.”

Originally she was listening to Qiu Qianchi ramble on about decades-ago events. Not realizing that a crisis was looming, the more she listened, the more annoyed she became. And so, she slipped out of the hall, running into the the Cheng-Lu cousins and fighting with them. Now that she heard the strange sounds, her thoughts were on her mother. She rushed back into the hall.

In the middle of the hall Reverend Yi Deng sat cross-legged, holding a string of rosary beads in his hands and reciting Buddhist sutras. He had a gentle look on his face. Monk Ci’en paced back and forth in the hall and often let out a roar, which sounded severely wicked. His hands were shackled, but the chain that linked the two cuffs had already been broken. When the two parts struck against each other, a clanking sound echoed. Qiu Qianchi also sat in the hall, her complexion pale. She was originally ugly but this time she looked fiercely fearsome. Huang Rong and Wu Santong were standing in a corner of the hall, intensely watching Ci’en.

Ci’en had been pacing around in a fit of insanity, and beads of sweat dripped profusely from his forehead. White steam emitted from the top of his head, looking like white clouds. These clouds were growing denser. And the more he paced, the faster he became. Reverend Yi Deng suddenly used his inner energy to shout, “Ci’en, Ci’en, distinguish between good and evil. Have you meditated today?”

Ci’en turned dull, his body swaying. He threw himself on the ground.

Qiu Qianchi shouted, “E’er, quickly go help your uncle up.”

Gongsun Lu’e did as told. Ci’en opened his eyes and saw Lu’e face. In his daze, Lu’e beautiful face, with long eyebrows and thin lips, looked very much like his sister when she was young.

He cried out, “Third sister, where am I?”

Lu’e said, “Uncle, I’m Lu’e.”

Ci’en muttered, “Uncle.. who is your uncle?” Who are you talking about?”

Qiu Qianchi shouted, “Second brother, she’s your third sister’s daughter. She wanted to meet her first uncle.”

Ci’en was startled. He said, “My big brother? You can’t meet him. He’s already fallen to death from the Iron Palms summit. His body was all gone.”

Then he jumped up. He looked at Huang Rong and shouted, “Huang Rong, you killed my big brother, you’ll pay for it!”

Arriving back in the hall, Guo Fu had stayed by her mother’s side, carrying her younger sister in her arms. Now that she saw Ci’en pointing his finger at her mother and scolding her, she couldn’t stand it.

And so, she stepped forwards and said, “Monk, if you are rude again, I (young girl) won’t stand it.”

Qiu Qianchi sneered, “This young girl is fearless.. ..”

Ci’en asked, “Who are you?”

“Hero Guo is my father and Chief Huang is my mother,” replied Guo Fu.

Ci’en asked, “And the baby you are holding?”

Guo Fu said, “She’s my little sister.”

In a severe tone Ci’en said, “Humph, surprisingly Guo Jing and Huang Rong have two children.”

Hearing a strange tone in his voice, Huang Rong shouted, “Fu’er, get back here, quickly!”

Guo Fu saw that Ci’en was acting like a madman. After all those talks, he still hadn’t begun fighting. She thought he was afraid of her mother so she didn’t fear him. Instead, she moved a couple of steps forwards.

With a laugh she said, “If there’s revenge to extract, just get on with it. If not, don’t open your mouth!”

Ci’en shouted, “I will extract my revenge!”

His voice ripped through the air like a clap of thunder, and all the teacups were making ‘dang-dang’ rattling sounds. Guo Fu couldn’t move her hands and feet. She only saw his left and right hands coming at her with the force of a mountain being cast into the sea. She wanted to escape, but how could there be enough time?

As if by prior arrangement, Huang Rong, Wu Santong, and Yelu Qi jumped up into the air at the same time. The three people all noticed that even though Ci’en right hand was fierce, his left palm was far more lethal. So they all aimed at his left palm, and the four palms clashed with a ‘peng’ sound.

Ci’en let out a ‘hei’ sound and stood still but the three people fell back several steps. With the lowest skills, Yelu Qi was knocked back the furthest, and next to him was Huang Rong. Before she could steady herself, she saw that her daughter Guo Xiang had already been snatched by Ci’en. Guo Fu just stood there dumbly, too frightened to escape.

Huang Rong was alarmed. She thought, “Was Fu’er hurt by that palm strike?”

Immediately she jumped up and out, her left hand pulling Guo Fu back. She wielded the Dog Beating stick with her right hand, using the ‘seal’ trick. Although Ci’en’s palms were fierce, he couldn’t hurt her this time. Guo Fu was actually not injured but she was confused. Now that she leaned against her mother’s body, she could let out an ‘ah’ cry.

As the battle began, the Wu brothers, Yelu Yan, and Wanyan Ping unsheathed their weapons. Qiu Qianchi signaled the many valley disciples to scatter, waiting for her order to besiege them. Only Reverend Yi Deng was still sitting cross-legged in the center of the hall as if he didn’t see all these things. He was reciting Buddhist sutras. His voice was not loud, but very clear.

Ci’en lifted Guo Xiang. He shouted, “This is Guo Jing and Huang Rong’s daughter. I'll kill this girl first, then I’ll kill Huang Rong!”

Qiu Qianchi said in delight, “Good second brother! You are really the world-famous Iron Palms Floating on Water, Chief Qiu!”

In this situation, much less to say that Huang Rong and the others couldn’t defeat Ci’en in battle without anybody getting hurt, they didn’t even have a way to save the baby from this mad man.

In a loud voice Guo Fu suddenly shouted, “Yang Guo, big brother Yang, quickly come and save my little sister.”

When facing a disaster, Yang Guo had always come out of nowhere to save her. Seeing that nobody could do anything at this time, she naturally hoped that Yang Guo would come to her rescue again. But at the moment Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu were enjoying their time together. The two people walked slowly hand in hand, watching the sunset. How could they know about this urgent situation in the hall?

Ci’en used his right hand to hold Guo Xiang high above his head and brought his left palm on guard.

He sneered, “Yang Guo? Who’s Yang Guo? Now even if East Heretic, West Venom, South Emperor, North Beggar, and Central Divinity all came at once, they could only kill me, Qiu Qianren, but they wouldn’t be able to save this baby.”

Yi Deng slowly lifted his head and saw blood lust and murderous intent in Ci'en's eyes. He said, “You want to seek revenge on people, people will then come and take revenge on you. What good will come off it?”

Ci’en shouted, “If they dare, come!”

Right now dusk had begun to fall, and the evening lights entered the hall. Despair filled everyone’s eyes, and his face looked absolutely terrifying.

Suddenly Huang Rong let out a ‘ha-ha’ laugh, her voice alternating between high and low pitches, like a lunatic. The many people couldn’t help being frightened.

Guo Fu cried out, “Ma!”

Wu Santong and Yelu Qi called out in one voice, “Madame Guo!”

Their hearts were thumping wildly, thinking that she’d gone insane because the enemy had her daughter. She tossed her Dog Beating stick to the ground, moving a couple of steps forward. Her laugh sounded mournful and shrilling.

“Ma!” Guo Fu called out and tried to pull her arm.

Huang Rong brushed Guo Fu aside with her right hand and jumped towards Ci’en with a miserable cry.

Even Qiu Qianchi hadn’t expected this. She stared at Huang Rong in disbelief.

Huang Rong stretched out both hands and gave Ci’en an evil stare. She cried out, “Quickly kill this child. Hit her hard. You can’t spare her.”

Color left Ci’en’s face. He held Guo Xiang close to his chest and said, “You.. you.. who are you?”

Huang Rong laughed crazily, her arms flinging out. Although Ci’en’s left palm was on guard, he didn’t dare to strike. He sidestepped and asked again, “Who are you?”

Huang Rong sadly replied, “Have you completely forgotten? One evening in the Dali imperial palace, you held a small child like this in your hand. Right, it was.. it was.. You injured him badly and he eventually died.. ..I’m this child’s mother. Kill this child quickly. Kill this child quickly. What are you waiting for?”

Ci’en listened to her, and his whole body trembled. Decades-ago events flashed in his mind.

Years ago, he’d injured Dali Imperial Concubine Liu's child, hoping that the South Emperor would use years of cultivated inner energy to treat the child’s injury. But Emperor Duan had been cruel enough to let the child meet a violent death. Afterwards Concubine Liu and Ci’en had run into each other twice and she fought like a mad tiger, willing to die together with him. Although Ci’en's kungfu was superior, he actually didn’t dare to fight her, fleeing into the wasteland. Huang Rong had twice met Ying Gu, on the Black Dragon beach and at the top of Mount Hua and seen her insane smiles. She’d known that this was Ci’en’s life biggest worry. And so, seeing that Ci’en was holding Guo Xiang in his arms but unable to harm her, she’d told him to kill Guo Xiang. Wu Santong, Qiu Qianchi, Yelu Qi and the others all thought that she’d gone totally insane. Only Reverend Yi Deng secretly admired Huang Rong for her great wisdom and courage. He thought to himself that a macho man wouldn’t have the gall to come up with such a scheme and said ‘Kill the child quickly.’ Ci’en was frighteningly violent like this, if he hit Guo Xiang even lightly, how could she not die a sudden death?

Ci’en looked at Huang Rong and Yi Deng. Then his eyes turned to the child in his hand. A surge of pain and regret suddenly hit him, and he sobbed, “He was dead! He was dead! The child was alive and well, and I killed him.”

He stepped towards Huang Rong and handed Guo Xiang to her. He said, “I killed this small baby. Please beat me to death!”

Overjoyed, Huang Rong reached out to take Guo Xiang. But then Yi Deng shouted, “Revenge breeds revenge, when will it stop? Your hand holds a murderous blade, when will you throw it away?”

Ci’en was startled, and Guo Xiang fell from his hand.

Huang Rong didn’t wait for Guo Xiang to fall to the floor, her right foot flew out. She kicked the child, sending her out in the air. At the same time, she laughed crazily and said, “You killed the child. Good. Good. This is wonderful.”

Her kick looked as if it was fierce but when her foot touched Guo Xiang’s waist, it actually stopped her from falling and gently sent her out again in the air. She knew that this was an extremely critical moment. If she bent down to pick up her daughter, perhaps Ci’en would change his mind.

Guo Xiang flew through the air towards Yelu Qi. He caught her and saw that her black eyes were sparkling, and that her little mouth was about to let out a big cry. She was indeed unharmed. He was first startled and then understood that Huang Rong knew that Guo Fu was rash so she threw him her daughter. And so, he covered the child’s mouth with his palm and shouted, “Aiyo, the child was killed by the monk.”

Ci’en’s face was deathly pale. All of a sudden he was awakened. He put his hands together and bowed to Yi Deng. He said, “Great monk, many thanks for saving me!”

Yi Deng bowed back and said, “Congratutions, great monk. You’ve found the right path!”

The two monks exchanged a smile. Ci’en ran out.

Qiu Qianchi quickly called out, “Second Brother, Second Brother, you come back!”

Ci’en turned his head back and said, “You called me to come back, I’m now asking you to come back too.”

Having said that his gown sleeves flared out, and he floated out of the hall.

With a joyful expression on his face Yi Deng said, “Good, good, good!”

Then he retreated to the corner of the hall. He lowered his head, his eyebrows hanging, and said no more.

Huang Rong fixed her hair and got Guo Xiang back from Yelu Qi. Seeing that her mother was normal and her little sister was all right, Guo Fu was pleasantly surprised. She threw herself into her mother’s arms and said, “Ma, I thought you really went insane!”

Huang Rong walked over to Yi Deng and kowtowed. She said, “I (niece) had no other way but to mention the past affair. Reverend, please forgive me.”

With a faint smile Yi Deng replied, “Rong’er, Rong’er, you are really the female Zhuge!”

In the hall, Wu Santong was the only person who knew about the past events. Others were looking at one another in perplexion.

After this unexpected turn of events, Qiu Qianchi saw her brother going out the screen door. She thought about how she wouldn’t see him again and couldn’t help becoming heavy-hearted. His words “You called me to come back, I’m now asking to you come back too” sounded like advice, urging her to control herself, repent and be salvaged. She secretly felt a pang of regret but her regret disappeared in a flash.

All of a sudden, she proudly said, “Everybody, please wait here, I’m afraid I(old woman) can’t keep you company.”

Huang Rong said, “Hold on a minute! We’ve come here today to ask for the Passionless pill.. ..”

Qiu Qianchi nodded at her numerous disciples, and they all responded with a war cry. Each entrance was blocked by four disciples in green, with an adorned fishnet in their hands. Four maids lifted Qiu Qianchi’s chair and retreated to the inner hall.

Seeing the power of fishnets, Huang Rong, Wu Santong, Yelu Qi, and the others were secretly alarmed. They thought, “These fishnets are deadly, how can we break out of the siege?”

While they were hesitating, both the front door and the back door of the hall were being pulled shut, and the disciples in green all squeezed out. The Wu Brothers struck one of the doors with their swords. With a ‘peng’ sound, their double swords were caught in the crack of the door and immediately snapped. It seemed that these doors were cast from steel after all.

In a low voice Huang Rong said, “No need to be frightened! Even if we aren’t allowed to leave the hall, we can still think of a way to defeat those fishnets and get the antidote to help Yang Guo.”

Gongsun Lu’e followed her mother into the inner hall.

She asked, “Ma, what should we do?”

Seeing that her brother had abruptly departed and that skilled enemies were gathering, Qiu Qianchi knew she had a big problem. But the murderer of her brother had arrived, no matter who persuaded her, she would never yield.

With a slight hesitation she said, “Go take a look. What are Yang Guo and those three girls doing?”

This was actually what Lu’e had wanted to do. She nodded in compliance and left for the fire room.

As she was halfway to the fire room, she heard voices from ahead of her. It was Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu’s talking. It seemed that they said something about 'Miss Gongsun.' By this time, the sky had become totally dark, and Lu’e hid herself in a willow grove nearby.

She thought, “What are they talking about?”

She gingerly stepped forward, approaching them without making a sound. She saw Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu standing side by side.

Yang Guo said, “You said these matters revolved around Miss Gongsun. That’s absolutely right. If the divine monk wakes up, all past animosity is buried, and all the poisons are expelled, won't that be wonderful?.. ..Aiyo!”

Lu’e jumped as Yang Guo let out a sudden cry, not knowing what had just happened to him.

She was worried and couldn’t help poking her head out to look around. In the dim darkness, she saw Yang Guo fall to the ground.

Xiao Longnu hoarsely said, “The passion flower poison is acting up again?”

“Mmm.. ..mmm..” Yang Guo could only let out a groan.

This pain was very difficult to endure. Lu’e pitied him and thought to herself, “He’s already taken half of the Passionless pill. He needs the other half to get rid of the poison, and he can only get this other half from mother.”

After a while, Yang Guo got up and let out a long gasp.

Xiao Longnu said, “Your seizures are getting more and more frequent, and everytime more severe than the last one. The divine monk still has to regain consciousness before he can find the antidote. Even then, there may not necessarily.. .. there may not necessarily.. .. You must be in a lot of pain.”

She’d wanted to say “there may not necessarily be enough time” but she changed her last sentence.

With a bitter smile Yang Guo said, “This old Madame Gongsun is extremely stubborn. She’s hidden the antidote. Unless she wants to give it to me herself, even if we kill everybody in the valley and hold a knife against her neck, she still won’t give it up.”

“But I actually have a method,” said Xiao Longnu.

Yang could guess what she was thinking and so he said, “Long’er, don’t say it. We, husband and wife, love each other sincerely. If we can grow old together, naturally we’ll thank heaven and earth. If something bad happens, it’s fate. No third person may come between the two of us.”

Xiao Longnu sobbed, “That Gongsun girl.. .. She looks like a very good person. She will listen to me.”

Lu’e’s heart shook, understanding that Xiao Longnu was urging Yang Guo to marry her to save his own life. But then she heard Yang Guo’s reply.

In a resonant voice he said, “Miss Gongsun is naturally good. There are really quite a few good girls in the world, aren’t there? Miss Cheng Ying and Miss Lu Wushuang are also the kind of girls who love deeply. But your heart and mine are one, how can we let other people intervene? You think, if there was a man who could get rid of your poisons and he wanted you to give up your body, would you or would you not agree to it?”

“I’m a female. That would be unthinkable,” replied Xiao Longnu.

With a chuckle Yang Guo said, “To others, men are superior to women. To Yang Guo, it’s the other way around.. ..”

As he was saying this, he suddenly heard a sound coming from a dense thicket.

Yang Guo asked, “Who is it?”

Lu’e thought she’d been spotted and was about to reply. Suddenly she heard a female voice, “Dumb egg, it’s me!”

Then she saw Lu Wushuang and Cheng Ying step out from behind a thicket. And so, she used this opportunity to move back quietly. Her mind was in turmoil.

She thought, “Let alone comparing myself against Miss Long, look at Miss Cheng and Miss Lu's beauty, kungfu, and past friendship with Yang Guo, how can I ever match them?”

As she met Yang Guo, she couldn’t help falling in love with him. She’d known that he was serious about Xiao Longnu but, deep in her heart, she still hoped that he could have two wives. Now that she’d heard his words, she realized that all her hope was in vain. She’d been sad since she was little but today she was completely disheartened. She made up her mind that she no longer wanted to live, and then she walked away westward.

Low-spirited, she walked aimlessly. She didn’t know where she was. There was only a voice in her head, “I don’t want to live anymore. I don’t want to live anymore.”

She didn’t know how long she’d been walking. Suddenly she heard voices coming from behind the mountain rocks. She pulled herself together and couldn’t help becoming slightly startled. She’d been wandering about aimlessly, and to her own surprise she’d arrived at the west side of the valley where very few people would frequent. She looked up and saw a mountain peak rising towards the sky. This was precisely a dangerous zone of the Passionless Peak.

On this mountain ledge, she could see the three letters ‘Broken Heart Cliff’ that someone had carved on the cliff ages ago, and twenty, thirty feet in front of her was a slippery and barren ledge where not even a blade of grass was seen. The place was enveloped by a blanket of fog all year long, and the wind here was so violent that even a bird would find it difficult to perch on this cliff top. Beyond and below was an abyss of shadows that no one could see the bottom. The area surrounding the ‘Broken Heart Cliff’ was quiet and beautiful because the terrains were too rugged and dangerous. Slippery rocks made it very easy to fall into the abyss below. The valley dwellers stayed clear from this area, and even those disciples in green with their kungfu wouldn’t dare to come here. And so, she didn’t know whose voices she was hearing.

Originally Gongsun Lu’e was resigned to die but at the moment she became curious. She hid herself behind a rock pile and listened. Her heart jumped as she learned that it was her father talking. Although her father had wronged her mother and had been ruthless with her, she was still his daughter. She'd been worried about him since her mother blinded one of his eyes with a date stone and banished him out of the Passionless Valley. Hearing the familiar voice, she now knew that he hadn’t left the valley. Instead, he'd come to this remote place to hide. She was secretly happy.

Then she heard him talk, “You’ve been beaten black and blue, and I actually lost my eye. It's all because of that small thief Yang Guo. Not only do we have a common enemy, we share the same problem.”

Having said that, he smiled. The other person didn’t reply. Lu’e felt this was quite strange. Who was her father talking to? His tone was faintly frivolous, was that person a female?

Then Gongsun Zhi continued, “We ran into each other at this rarely-frequented place. We were thousands of miles apart, yet we met as if by predestination. It must be fate.”

That female let out a ‘pei’ sound in contempt. She angrily said, “I’ve been thoroughly injured by the passion flowers. Yet, you made light of it and mocked me with such laughable nonsense.”

Lu’e thought to herself, “Oh, it’s Li Mochou who just broke into the valley today.”

Then she heard Gongsun Zhi quickly say, “No, no. Why would I make light of it? Naturally I will do all I can. Your body is in pain, so is my heart.”

The person Gongsun Zhi was talking to was of course Li Mochou. Her whole body was pricked by the passion flowers, and so the poison in the her body was really not little. Luckily she was filled with anger and hatred towards heaven and earth, not the sentiments between man and woman, and so her body wasn’t in that much pain. But she knew that the poison was deadly. While urgently searching for the antidote, she wandered about aimlessly on the crisscrossed paths inside the valley and unexpectedly arrived at this Broken Heart Cliff. Gongsun Zhi had actually been here for a long time, hiding from all the valley people and waiting for the right moment to kill Qiu Qianchi and reclaim his valley chief position.

The two of them had once fought so they both knew each other’s skills. After they met, they thought, “I’m having trouble in this valley, I could use some help.”

By this short exchange of words, they were actually trying to strike a bargain.

Since the death of his beloved Rou’er years ago, Gongsun Zhi had been concentrating on his kungfu practice and ignoring beautiful females. But then he failed to marry Xiao Longnu. His long-suppressed lust gushed out like a broken dam, all out of control. With his status, his attempt to abduct Wanyan Ping was already considered extremely low in Jianghu. Now that he ran into Li Mochou and saw her beauty, he thought, “After I kill that evil woman Qiu Qianchi, I’d better marry this woman. With her kungfu, she’s exactly my match.”

What he didn’t know was that Li Mochou was extremely vicious and without mercy and that the cause of her evil was none other than this ‘passion.’ At the moment, Gongsun Zhi’s words had become bolder and bolder, how could she not be enraged? But she wanted the antidote, so she had no choice but to feign interest, offering a perfunctory reply.

Gongsun Zhi said, “I’m the original chief of the valley. There’s no second person in the world who knows how to make the antidote to this flower poison. But the manufacturing process is time-consuming, and you won’t have enough time for that. Luckily there’s one pill left in the valley, in that evil woman’s hand. Let us go get rid of her, then everything will be yours.”

His last sentence had a double meaning. It actually meant that not only would she get the antidote, she would also become the mistress of the Passionless Valley. That Gongsun Zhi was the only person in the world who knew how to make the antidote was not a lie. Passion flowers had grown in this valley for a long time, and Gongsun Zhi’s ancestors had killed many lives, experimenting to get the right antidote. These passionless flowers stopped outsiders from entering the valley so of course they didn’t get rid of them. Anyhow, the antidote formula only handed down from father to son so it wouldn’t fall into the hands of other people. Even Qiu Qianchi only knew that the pills they had were left by the previous generation and that the antidote formula had already been lost. But what Gongsun Zhi actually didn't know was that Qiu Qianchi only had half a pill left.

Li Mochou hesitated and said, “Since it is so, aren’t you making an empty promise? Your wife has the antidote but you and she have become enemies. Even though killing her isn’t that hard, how will you actually get the antidote?”

Gongsun Zhi hesitated to reply. After a while he said, “Taoist Li, you and I have met by fate. Even if I die I have no regret.”

Li Mochou blandly said, “You flattered me.”

Gongsun Zhi said, “I’ve got a plan. I can capture that evil person and force her to give up the pill. But I hope you can promise me one thing.”

Li Mochou said in agitation, “I’ve roamed Jianghu all my life. I come and go as I please and noone can ever force me. If you are willing to give me the antidote, do it. If not, just let it drop. How can it be that I, Li Mochou, will ever beg for my life?”

Although Gongsun Zhi’s kungfu was strong, he’d been secluded in the valley his entire life. And so, he didn’t know about Jianghu's most ferocious characters. He only knew a little about decades-ago names that Qiu Qianchi had mentioned. Over the past ten years, the name Scarlet Immortal Li Mochou had shaken Jianghu, and there was no one in the martial world who didn’t know that although Li Mochou did look like a peach, her heart was that of a serpent. Gongsun Zhi actually didn’t know all this. As he heard her arrogant words, he was very pleased.

He quickly said, “You misunderstood my meaning. I only hoped you would do something for me. How could it be that I was forcing you? To snatch the antidote, we have to kill my daughter. If I said something inappropriate, please don’t be offended.”

Gongsun Lu’e was hiding behind a big rock. Hearing ‘we have to kill my daughter,’ she couldn’t help but tremble.

(Translated by Xuelian)

Li Mochou was also taken aback. “The antidote is in your daughter’s hands?”

“No,” replied Gongsun Zhi. “I’ll tell you the truth! That evil woman is excessively stubborn and violent. The antidote must be hidden in an extremely concealed place and we cannot possibly force her to hand it over. We can only resort to trickery, it’s the only way.”

“That’s correct,” said Li Mochou, nodding in agreement.

“That wretch is heartless to everyone and there are no limits to her viciousness. However she does care for her daughter and her alone, and we can use this to our advantage. I’ll trick Lu’e over so you can capture her and toss her into the flower thickets, then that evil woman will have no choice but to retrieve the Passionless Pill to save her daughter. We’ll seize this opportunity to snatch it – there’s no reason why we’ll fail. It’s a pity there’s only one Passionless Pill in the world, and since it’s going to you, my daughter’s life cannot be saved.”

“We don’t actually have to use real passion flowers to prick your daughter. We just need to put on an act and make her seem like she’s poisoned – this way, we get the pill and your daughter stays safe.”

Gongsun Zhi sighed. “That wretch is extremely shrewd. If my daughter was merely poisoned by something else, it will not go unnoticed.” His voice became constrained towards the end and he choked, as if he was really turning emotional.

Li Mochou said, “How can I let your daughter be harmed in exchange for my life? It seems also that you are reluctant to part with her. Let’s drop this matter.”

Gongsun Zhi said hurriedly, “No, no! Although I hate to part with her, it would be worse to part with you.”

Li Mochou remained silent, admitting as much that there really was no other way.

“Let’s wait here,” said Gonsun Zhi. “I’ll call her out when it’s past midnight. Clever she might be, but she would never guess that her father has got something up his sleeve.”

Gongsun Lu’e heard every sentence that had just transpired between the two, and the more she dwelled on it the more she was afraid. When Gongsun Zhi drove her and Yang Guo into the alligator pit that day, she knew her father cared naught for their father-daughter relationship. But that day’s events could be explained away as a rash fit of anger. Now, he was actually plotting and scheming his daughter's end, just to please a woman he had just met. His heartlessness and cruelty truly exceeded that of even the most savage beasts.

Gongsun Lu’e had originally lost her will to live, but when she heard them plotting her murder, she instinctively wanted to try and escape. It was a good thing that the area had plenty of hill ranges and dense forests, making hiding places aplenty. And so she lightly took one step back, and after a few moments, took another step back. In this manner, she retreated tens of feet before finally turning around to flee.

After an hour’s journey, she was far from Passionless Valley. Knowing her father would come for her soon, she didn’t even dare to return to her bedroom. She sat perched on a rock, desolate. The cold wind pierced her flesh and the pale moon glared mercilessly down. There was nothing left in this world that she longed for, and she mumbled to herself, “I didn’t want to go on living anyway. Why did you still devise this plot to kill me, father? If you want to kill me, come along and kill me. It’s very strange, why did I escape?”

Suddenly, a notion struck her like a bolt of lightning: Father is vicious, but his scheme is brilliant. Since I’m going to commit suicide anyway, I might as well use his scheme to trick the pill from mother and save Brother Yang. Then you husband and wife will have me to thank for your reunion – me, the ill-fated girl who treated him with all her heart. At this thought, her heart was filled with a mixture of gladness and sorrow, but nevertheless she found her energy once again. She glanced at her surroundings to ascertain her location. Then, she rose and walked towards her mother’s bedroom.

When she passed by the Passionless Flowers, she severed two flower stalks. Holding them in her hands, she walk to her mother’s bedroom door and called in a low voice, “Mother, are you asleep?”

Qiu Qian Chi answered from her room, “E’er, what is it?”

Lu’e cried, “Mother, mother! I’ve been pricked by the Passion Flowers.” As she spoke, she embraced the flower stalks and pushed down forcefully down onto her chest.

The hundreds and thousands of little thorns sank into her flesh all at once. Since her childhood she had been repeatedly warned against getting pricked by these flowers, but because she did not have the capacity for such desires then, she suffered no serious injury despite being pricked occasionally. But as she grew up, the warnings from people around her grew sterner. After more than 10 years of cautiously avoiding this object – to think that now, she was actually pricking herself on purpose! The pain in her heart grew a level deeper and she grit her teeth, calling again and again, “Mother!”

Shocked to hear that something was wrong with the cries, Qiu Qian Chi anxiously ordered the maidservants to open the door and help Lu’e inside. Lu’E exclaimed, “I have the Passion Flower thorns in my body, you can’t come near me.” The color drained from the two maidservants’ faces and they opened the room door wide, allowing Lu’e to walk in herself. How would they dare to touch her body?

On seeing her daughter’s body shivering with a face as pale as death, and with two Passion Flower stalks hanging from her chest, Qiu Qian Chi asked hurriedly, “What happened to you? What happened?”

Lu’e cried, “It’s father! It’s father!” Afraid of her mother’s suffocating gaze, she lowered her head, not daring to make eye contact.

Qiu Qian Chi said furiously, “And you still call him ‘father’? What did that old thief do?”

“He… he…”

“Lift up your head and let me see you.”

Lu’e obeyed and met her mother’s frightening eyes. She shivered and said, “He… he was speaking secretively with the pretty Taoist Priestess on Duan Chang Cliff… the Priestess that came to the Valley today. I hid behind a rock to hear what they were saying…” Up till now, Lu’e had been speaking the truth. But after this point she would have to spin a lie, and afraid her mother would notice something unusual, she lowered her head.

Qiu Qian Chi pressed, “What did the two of them say?”

Lu’e said, “They spoke of being together in illness, and something about being extraordinarily fated. They… they kept calling you ‘wretch’ and ‘evil woman’, and I couldn’t stomach it…” At this, she started weeping.

Grinding her teeth, Qiu Qian Chi said, “Don’t cry, don’t cry! What happened next?”

“I accidentally moved from my position, and they realized my presence. That Priestess… that Priestess then pushed me into the flower thickets.”

Sensing hesitation in her tone, Qiu Qian Chi said, “No, you’re lying! What really happened? Don’t even think of hiding it from me.”

Lu’e broke out in cold sweat. “I didn’t lie to you, this… aren’t these Passion Flowers?”

“There was something wrong with your intonation,” said Qiu Qian Chi. “You have been like this since young, unable to tell lies of any sort. How would I, as your mother, not know this?”

An idea came to Lu’e and she said, “Mother, I was lying, it was actually father who pushed me into the thickets. He was angry at me for following you and helping you, saying that I only wanted mother and not father. He… he was trying his utmost to please that pretty Taoist Priestess.”

Qiu Qian Chi hated her husband to the core and Lu’e’s words struck precisely at her heart’s threshold, suiting her perfectly. Immediately she had no further doubts and took Lu’e’s lies to be true. She hurriedly held her daughter’s hand and said gently, “Lu’e, don’t be afraid, your mother will deal with that old thief. There was always going to be a time where we finally vented this hatred in our hearts.” She then ordered the maidservants to bring her a pair of scissors and pliers. First she removed the stalks from Lu’e’s chest, then used the pliers to extract the broken thorns.

Choking with grief, Lu’e said, “Mother, I don’t think I’ll survive this time round.”

“Don’t worry, we still have one half of the Passionless Pill,” said Qiu Qian Chi. “Luckily we didn’t waste it on that heartless scoundrel Yang Guo. You won't be totally rid of the poison with only half the pill, but if you be good and stay by mother, completely ignoring all worthless men, or even completely shutting them out from your thoughts, then you’ll definitely be safe.” Qiu Qian Chi had bitterly endured her husband’s torture, and then Yang Guo had refused to become her son-in-law. She hated all the world’s men with a vengeance, and there would be nothing better than if her daughter remained unmarried all her life.

Lu’e frowned in silence. Qiu Qian Chi asked, “Where’s that old thief and the Taoist Priestess? Where are they?”

Lu’e replied, “I struggled up from the flower thickets and didn’t dare look back. They’re probably still there.”

Qiu Qian Chi thought to herself: Now that the old thief has found a powerful helper, he will definitely return to claim back the Valley. The disciples here are all probably his followers. In a confrontation, they would undoubtedly help the old thief. Either that or they will just sit on the fence, not helping any side, but they will definitely not oppose him. All my limbs are crippled and I can only use my date stone skill. If fired at an unprepared opponent, its power is extremely great. But that old thief will be on his guard and I will probably not be able to withstand his attacks. If he uses the tablet to attack, I will be left with no devices. What, then, should I do?

Qiu Qian Chi’s eyes flickered as she remained silent, deep in thought. Thinking that her mother was now deliberating if her words were truth or fallacy, she was terrified that more questions would be asked and the truth exposed, eventually. Her own pain and suffering was secondary, but if she failed to get the Passionless Pill, Yang Guo would never be rid of the poison. The moment Yang Guo flitted into her mind, a huge pain seized her chest and she let out a cry. Qiu Qian Chi reached out and caressed her daughter’s hair, saying, “Let’s go and retrieve the Passionless Pill.” With two claps of her hand, the maidservants carried her chair out of the room.

Ever since Yang Guo went, Lu’e had always wanted to know where her mother had hidden the half Passionless Pill. She had heard her mother mention before that the pill must never be hidden near her, or anyone could just kill her and obtain it through a simple search. Lu’e thought to herself that since her mother was disabled and required people to carry her around, the pill couldn’t possibly be hidden in some place of extremely great height. Hiding it in the mountain caves or secluded valleys was also out of the question, so it should be hidden within the manor. But Lu’e had spent the last 10 days or so searching the Pill Room, the Sword Room, the garden and the bedrooms, but there was no sign of it anywhere. Presently, the maidservants carried Qiu Qian Chi towards the Great Hall, and this came as a big surprise. The Hall was where everyone frequented and it was the hardest place to conceal an object. Furthermore, strong opponents seeking the Passionless Pill were now congregated in the Great Hall itself. Could it be that the Pill had been there all along for anyone’s taking?

The steel doors of the Great Hall had been firmly shut and the disciples were guarding it with their knives and fishnets. Upon seeing Qiu Qian Chi’s arrival, the disciples went forward and saluted. The head disciple bowed and said, “The enemies have not made any move and seem to be helplessly waiting for death.”

Qiu Qian Chi retorted with a “humph”, thinking: What a frog in the well, not knowing the vastness of earth and sky. These are no ordinary people who have come with ill intentions. How could they be ones to helplessly wait for death? Aloud, she commanded, “Open the door!” Two disciples opened the steel door while another eight flanked Qiu Qian Chi, guarding her with two fishnets. Together, they moved into the Hall.

Yi Deng, Huang Rong, Wu San Tong and Ye Lu Qi were all sitting at one corner of the Hall. After Qiu Qian Chi’s maidservants lowered her chair onto the floor, she said, “All here except Huang Rong and her two daughters are free to leave without hindrance. I will not pursue your crimes of intruding the Valley, so please take your leave immediately.”

Huang Rong smiled and said, “Valley-Owner Qiu, a misfortune looms over your head and still you do not know to flee. Instead you come here and exaggerate your importance. It makes one’s teeth go cold.”

Qiu Qian Chi’s heart chilled at this, thinking: How does she know a misfortune looms? Could it be that she knows the old thief has returned? She said coolly, “Whether it is a blessing or misfortune, retribution will reveal. This old lady is a cripple with handicapped limbs, what else can I be afraid of?”

Of course, Huang Rong knew nothing of Gongsun Zhi’s return. But one’s countenance speaks everything: she noticed that there was a furrow in Qiu Qian Chi’s brow and could tell that something weighed heavily on her mind. This was a contrast from the arrogant and ruthless expression she wore when exiting the Hall. Huang Rong conjectured that something must have cropped up in the Valley and so, said a few words to verify. Qiu Qian Chi’s defensive response told her that she was most probably right.

“Valley-Owner Qiu, your elder brother slipped and fell into the depths of the valley himself, and was definitely not harmed by junior. If you still bear a grudge over this matter then junior will not try to avoid death, but you must first hand over the antidote to cure Yang Guo’s poison,” said Huang Rong. “If I do die, all my friends here will bear no grudge against you for it and will even help you fend off this pending misfortune and fight the internal enemy. Do you accept this bargain?”

Huang Rong’s offer seemed extremely advantageous to Qiu Qian Chi, seeing as the latter, being a cripple, could only rely on her powerful date stone skill to inflict any kind of harm. Mentioning the words ‘internal enemy’ also struck Qiu Qian Chi's biggest worry.

Qiu Qian Chi thought to herself: Isn’t this too good to be true? Aloud, she said: “You are Leader of the Beggars’ Union, so I assume you will hold true to your words. Should I strike you with three of my date stones, you will not dodge or use any weapon to deflect them?”

Before Huang Rong could even reply, Guo Fu butted in, “My mother just said she will not avoid it, but she never said she wouldn’t use a weapon to deflect it.”

Huang Rong smiled and said, “If Valley-Owner Qiu wants to vent her heart’s hatred, then junior will certainly not use any weapons to deflect.”

“Mother! How can this do?” Cried Guo Fu. Her long sword had earlier been broken by the date stone’s strike, and she knew its power was incomparable. Her mother was after all made of flesh and blood, how could she survive without avoiding or deflecting?

But Huang Rong thought: The Guo family owes Guo’er a huge debt. Now that he has contracted this deadly poison, we must obtain the antidote no matter what. Her date stone skill is the deadliest projectile in the world, if I let her hit me with 3 stones it is indeed dangerous. Just a slight moment of carelessness will cost me my life, but how would she be willing to hand over the antidote otherwise?

Huang Rong had chosen her words wisely, making sure that Qiu Qian Chi’s every need was met. The intention was to lessen her bitterness and worry. In her moment of anxiety they would help her fend off her enemy, and to lessen her bitterness she would be free to injure Huang Rong in the only way she could. Even Qiu Qian Chi herself would not be able to think a more advantageous offer than this.

But Qiu Qian Chi suspected it was too good to be true. She said hoarsely: “You are my mortal enemy, yet here you are, willing to take three date stones from me. What scheme are you hiding? What ill intentions do you have?”

Huang Rong went forward and said in a low voice, “There are many pairs of eyes and ears in this place, most of which harbor ill intentions towards you. I’m going to whisper a few things in your ear.”

Qiu Qian Chi swept a glance at all the disciples and thought: Amongst them are many of the old thief’s followers. Indeed I should be careful. She nodded.

Huang Rong went near and whispered, “Your enemy will be attacking soon. Isn’t junior in a precarious situation as well? Let us quickly bury this hatchet and, no matter if junior lives or dies, everyone can fight side-by-side and resist the enemy. Furthermore I am indebted to Yang Guo, I must obtain the Passionless Pill for him even if it costs me my life. If one does not know how to repay kindness, wouldn’t he be no different than any beast on this earth?” Ending her sentence, she took three steps back and concentrated her gaze on Qiu Qian Chi.

At the words ‘if one does not know how to repay kindness, wouldn’t he be no different than any beast’, Qiu Qian Chi gave a start, thinking: If it wasn’t for that fellow Yang Guo who saved me, I’d still be all alone in that underground cave, suffering in silence. But this thought came and went as fast as lightning and her heart hardened once more. She said icily: “Your pretty words do nothing to change my iron heart. Come, come! Take three of my date stones!”

Huang Rong flung her sleeve and said, “Then I’ll put my life on the line and take three of your date stones.” As she spoke she moved backwards, stopping at the middle of the Hall about 30 feet from Qiu Qian Chi. “Please fire your date stones!”

Though Wu San Tong knew that Huang Rong was always full of wit and ideas, everyone was witness to the power of Qiu Qian Chi’s date stone skill and now, seeing Huang Rong stand there with barehanded, all their hearts beat anxiously. Guo Fu was even more worried and walked over to Huang Rong, tugging at her sleeve. “Mother,” she whispered. “Let’s find a place, I’ll give you the Hedgehog Armor so you can put it on, then we don’t have to be afraid of that old hag’s deadly projectiles.”

Huang Rong smiled. “What’s the big deal if I use the Hedgehog Armor to block the date stones? Wait and see your mother’s method.”

At this moment, Qiu Qian Chi said: “Everyone else move…” before the word ‘aside’ left her mouth, a date stone had already been fired at Huang Rong’s abdomen. Though it was just a tiny date stone, it sliced through the air so violently that the sound of its speed sounded like a shrill flute. With a high-pitched cry, Huang Rong bent over, clutching her stomach.

Guo Fu, Wu San Tong and the others were horrified and before they could go over to help her up, the ‘flute’ sounded again – the second date stone had been fired, this time at Huang Rong’s chest. Again, with a loud cry, Huang Rong swayed and moved unsteadily backwards, looking like she was about to fall.

Qiu Qian Chi saw that Huang Rong was indeed true to her word, making no attempt to dodge. The two date stones had already struck the essential points of her body. With that same kind of compelling force, the date stones could break even a rock, what more human flesh? But Huang Rong had sustained two date stones without falling, obviously hanging on despite the pain to receive the third date stone. Secretly astounded, Qiu Qian Chi thought to herself: At first I thought this woman looked too delicate to possess any real substance as Leader of the Beggars’ Union. But now it seems like she is indeed a formidable pugilist!

At the thought of Huang Rong’s imminent death after receiving two date stones, she couldn’t help but feel pleased. With a “po” sound, the third date stone left her mouth. This time, it went for Huang Rong’s throat. With the stone penetrating the throat, her brother’s killer would definitely die on the spot.

(Translated By Xiao_Long_nu)

When Huang Rong said that she would take three hits of her date stones, she have yet to think of any good ideas, knowing only that she could only do so to exchange for the Pill. She would then die and repay Yang Guo’s debt to her. But after having a soft chat with Qui Qian Chi, she had some notion which invoked many thoughts in her brain, a plan struck her mind. Huang Rong had secretly picked up Guo Fu’s sword which was broken earlier by the firing dates, and had it hidden in her sleeves. When the dates were fired later, she could bend her elbow and use the broken sword head to deflect the stone. But the impact of the date stones and the sword would cause heavy metal sounds, she would then shout two loud times to cover the sounds. This clever move had indeed perfectly prevented Qui Qian Run from suspecting anything.

Huang Rong had faked deliberately to be injured severely as these could both reduce the anger of Qui Qian Run and save her face of being the master of the valley. The third date stone was aimed to hit her throat, which Huang Rong could not raise her sleeve, and block it with the hidden sword head, as Qui Qian Run would then be able to see through the flaw.And thus cause her to break the convenant of not blocking and not avoiding. With her situation now, she could only risk it all, she slightly bent both of her elbows, waiting for the date stones to fly to her lips. Her chest had already been filled with 'Zhen Qi', and when she opened her mouth, with all her effort, she pushed the 'Zhen QI' out of her mouth. It was all because she knew where the date stones would come that caused her to be so flexible. She used her 'Zhen Qi' against Qui Qian Run's as she was near but Qui Qian Run's was far. She could then take great advantage to this situation and reduce the speed of the date stones. One thing she did not know was Qui Qian Run had once been living in caves alone in the past. Though her limbs were lame, she had practised spitting date stones everyday and all the time, not wondering other things.

Huang Rong on the other side, her gong li was already not as deep and profound as Qui Qian Run's, she still had to take of the matters of the begger's sect , protecting XiangYang, giving birth to children and teaching her disciples, how could she compare with Qui Qian Run? Thus, when her 'Zhen Qi' was released, the date stone's speed was only reduced a little, it was incomparable with the force and power of the flying date stone.

Huang Rong was shocked when she noticed, but the date stones were already in front of her lips. She had no other ideas and so she opened her mouth and bite at the spitted date stones as hard as possible. The force of the date stones shook her teeth terribly and awfully created pain in her gums. She was staggering and stepped back two steps. The date stone had really forced her back this time. But, fortunately for her plenty ideas in such a short time, and the two back steps she took, her front teeth was saved or else it would have fallen off immediately after the hit. Though it was saved from falling off, but the impact had her teeth wounded with blood.

The people standing around shouted with shock together, and surrounded her. Huang Rong raised her head and spitted out the date stone, which was stuck in one of the wooden spank of the roof. She frowned and said, “Qui Valley Master, sister had taken your three date hits, my life is not left long. I only hope you would not break your promise and give me the pill.” Qui Qian Run saw that she could even stop her shooting date stone by biting it, was a little shocked too, but she could not understand why the first two dates did not cause her to fall down though it was shoot into her body. She glanced at Gong Sun Luu’e, and thought, ‘My daughter had been poisoned by the passion flower, don’t need to say he wouldn’t accept the marriage, even if he is my daughter-in-law, how could I still give the remaining half passionless pill to him..?’ But just now she had just agreed in front of everyone that she would give Huang Rong the pill, she could not immediately deny it. She had a plan suddenly, and spoke, “Guo madame, though both of us are woman, but we do what we promised, it is always this way. You had voluntarily taken my three date stones; such bravery is very rare now in this world. I admire you very much, and so the pill I will surely give you. If I am in trouble, I do wish everyone here could lend me a helping hand.”

Guo Fu had really thought her mother had taken the three date stones without trickery, and so shouted, “If my mother is injured heavily, everyone here would have already fought with their life against you.” She turned her head towards Huang Rong and said, “Ma..where did the old woman’s date stones hit you?”

Huang Rong did not answer her daughter's question, but spoke to Qui Qian Run instead, "My daughter speak nonsense, Valley Master need not take it for real. Sister had always speak what and does what, and will voluntarily help Valley Master force the enemy to retreat if you could give me the pill." Wu San Tong and the others had heard Huang Rong speak with clear and bright voice and plenty of air in her lungs. They were slowly relieved when she doesnt seemed to be injured at all. Qui Qian Run had also noticed it too. She was very shocked and confused deep in the heart, and thought, 'She had such great martial arts that makes me even more difficult to break the promise. I could only lie to her.' She nodded and spoke, "I would thank you first then." And turned her head towards her daughter, said, " Come over here Luu'e, I have something to say."

Huang Rong had faced so many people who is cunning and unfaithful in her life. She had already noticed there was something amiss when Qui Qian Run's eyes flickered non stop. She knew that Qui Qian Run would not easily give up the pill, but she could not think of any trickery yet to use.

She only heard Qiu Qian Run said, “Go ahead in front of me and flip over the number fifth tile.” Gong Sun Luu’e was both shocked and amazed, ‘Could it be that the passionless pill is hid under the tile..?’ Once Huang Rong heard what she said, she was astonished and praised her in her heart for being so cautious and clever, ‘this passionless pill is so precious that there are so many who wanted to have it, it is really ingenious of her to keep in such a unthinkable place, the pill kept under the tile must be really the real one. She could not possibly thought that she could be left to such a situation now, and kept the fake pill under the tile.’ If Qiu Qian Run was to order her servants to go any medicine room or pharmacy to get the pill, Huang Rong would have suspected the pill was the real one or the fake one, but now when she saw Gong Sun Luu’e following her mother’s orders to flip the tile over, she had less worries now.

Gong Sun Luu’e counted the fifth tile and piled it up with her small dagger from her waist. She saw dust and ashes under the tile, which was nothing unusual. Qiu Qian Run then spoke, “The hidden secret under the tile cannot be known by others, Luu’e, come over here.”

Huang Rong knew that Qiu Qian Run had some cunning thoughts, deliberately acted as though she was seriously injured. She bends herself down slowly so Qiu Qian Run would suspect anything about her yet. Then, she tilted her ear slightly towards them, trying to eavesdrop their speech. She gave full attention towards them but to no avail, she could only hear “the passionless pill is under the green tile” these seven words. This information was not much of a use, as she already knew that the pill was underneath the tile. Qiu Qian Run’s voice gradually softened, and thus she was not able to hear another word anymore.She took a look back at Gong Sun Luu’e but there was only a tight frown on her face. She was also nodding as a reply.

Huang Rong was already in a state of frantic, as she knew that the situation is aggravating but had no way to deal with it either. Suddenly, she heard Reverend Yi Deng speak, “Rong’er, come over here so I could see your wounds…” Huang Rong turned her head to face Reverend Yi Deng. Seeing Reverend Yi Deng sat at a corner in the room, and realizing he had caring look, she thought, ‘If he feel my palm wrist, he would know I was actually not injured.’ And thus, she walked over and sticks out her palm. Reverend Yi Deng stretched three fingers and places them on her wrist, mumbling, “Ahmituofuo (the Buddhist word)…the old granny said… Ahmituofuo…there is two bottles under the tile… Ahmituofuo, Ahmituofuo…in the East side is the real pill…Ahmituofuo…in the West side is the fake pill…call her daughter to take the fake pill, which is on the west… Ahmituofuo…give you the fake pill… Ahmituofuo…”

When Reverend Yi Deng mumbled the Buddhist words, his voice was bright and clear, but when he told her the hidden information, he lowered his voice into a whisper. Huang Rong had only heard him say, “the old granny said”, these four words, she immediately understood and knew Reverend Yi Deng’s tremendously powerful internal energy that led his eyes and ears to be much better than a normal human. The Buddhist religion is said to have “eyes that can see heaven”, and “ears that can hear heaven”, which is said in the Buddhist scripture that people with such skills, could hear six different types of sounds in the world without being interfered. This type of saying is over exaggerating which is of course not believable, but when someone with deep and profound internal energy, pure and empty heart has a exceptionally incredible ears, which could hear what normal human cant, this is not strange rather.

Though Qiu Qian Run had whispered to her daughter, Reverend Yi Deng sat a few feet away, could hear every single word clearly. He knew that the pill’s ingenuity is linked to Yang Guo’s life, and so informed Huang Rong about it. The Buddhist religion had always cared about other people’s life.

Huang Rong waited for Reverend Yi Deng to finish his Buddhist words, and so asked, “Can my injury be healed?” “Can the date stones shoot all at once?” Every sentence she
    asked, had just nicely covered up Reverend Yi Deng’s hidden speech, such as “in the East side is the real pill”, “in the West side is the fake pill”. Qiu Qian Run glanced at both of them for a while, but seeing that Huang Rong had a worried look on her face, asking non-stop about her injuries and Reverend Yi Deng’s continuously repeating “Ahmituofuo”, she fell for the trick, not knowing that her treacherous plan was already discovered.

After listening to her mother’s words, she nodded, bent down herself and stretched into the soil under the tile and felt. There was indeed two bottles; her heart turned sour and thought secretly, ‘Dear Yang Guo dear Yang Guo, today I risk my life to get the real pill for you. This bitter effort, you will never know, would you?’ Immediately, she touched the East bottle and took it out saying, “Mother, the passionless pill is here!” She was only one who stretched her hand deep under the tile, of course she was the only one who knew it was the bottle which contained the real pill. Both Qiu Qian Run and Huang Rong had thought that it was the one from the West side.

The physical appearance of the two bottles is merely looking the same; the pills in the two bottles look alike too. If Qiu Qian Run do not stick out her tongue to try the pill herself, she would not be able to tell whether its real or fake too. She saw Gong Sun Luu’e took out a bottle and thought, ‘At first, I was still suspecting that this daughter would steal the pill from me to help her lover, but now she had also gotten the passionless flower’s poison. She would now be thinking to save herself more.’ Qiu Qian Run was born to be very cunning and evil, harsh and ungrateful. She would never believe anyone on Earth to be willing to sacrifice their life to save others and so said, “We will do what we promise, the pill will give to Guo madam..” She walked towards Huang Rong with both her hands carrying the bottle.

Huang Rong bowed towards Qiu Qian Run in a traditional way and replied, “Thank you for the sincere offer.” But she thought in the other way, ‘Now I know where the real pill is, could I not easily steal it..?’

Just when she wanted to stretch out her hand to receive the bottle, suddenly, from the roof crushed through a man, making a big hole on the roof. That man just came down and immediately snatched away the bottle, which is in Gong Sun Luu’es hands.

Gong Sun Luu’e hollered, “Father!” Huang Rong saw that Gong Sun Luu’es face turned pale all of a sudden, and was very anxious. She couldn’t stop from feeling astonished, ‘The bottle Gong Sun Chi took was obviously the fake one, why is she so worried for..?’ At this moment, the main room’s door suddenly got blasted off a huge sound, shaking the whole room, causing every red candle’s flames to flicker non-stop. The light in the room glows brightly and glows mildly respectively, which is followed by a loud sound. The main door split into two, the spliced door flew off. A man and three women walked in. The man was Yang Guo, the others are Xiao Long nu, Cheng Ying and Lu Wu Shuang.

Gong Sun Luu’e saw Yang Guo coming in, shouted with a lost voice, “Brother Yang…….” Running towards him, but she felt it was inappropriate and stopped her foot after two steps. She also restrained the sentence she wanted to say. Huang Rong had always been noticing Gong Sun Luu’e, and saw her eyes revealing deep love towards Yang Guo when she glanced at him. There were also infinite worries in her eyes.

Huang Rong suddenly realized and thought, ‘Rong’er, Rong’er, How come you still don’t understand the girl’s heart matters after being a mother for so long. Although her mother ordered her to give the fake pill, but she was totally obsessed with Yang Guo, the pill she gave me was the real one. Gong Sun Chi had snatched away the miracle pill, why would she not worry?’

End Of Chapter 31.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-14-05 at 02:02 AM.

Thank you IcyFox!! It's nice to have the entire thing just in one post.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

For those who can't wait for the translations but want to know what's going to happen...

WARNING : Spoilers Below

1. YG and XLN will be separated for 16 years and be reunited in Chap 39.
    2. Gong Sun Zhi and Qiu Qian Ren will die a horrible death together.
    3. Cheng Ying won't die. She'd be hanging around even till Chap 40 (Last Chap)
    4. Guo Fu is not going to get rid of that attitude problem till Chap 39.
    5. Gong Sun Lue'Er will be totally forgotten (almost) but mentioned in Chap 34.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Lu Er. So pityful! Must have hurt a lot before dying! or perhaps the dream of being yang Guo's husband made her so happy that the pain in negligable?
    Half a pill and who does it go to?
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

Quote Originally Posted by williamlcb
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Lu Er. So pityful! Must have hurt a lot before dying! or perhaps the dream of being yang Guo's husband made her so happy that the pain in negligable?
    Half a pill and who does it go to?
    Oh I forgot... YG will throw the half-pill away, after Lue-Er sacrificed her life for it and XLN risked her life for it... Nothing to say...

Default Chapter 32 Part 5

Oh wow! I posted my last update only yesterday morning (my time), and look how many posts there are! This forum really come ALLLIIIVEEEEEE ... (try to imagine Mushu the Dragon in Disney's Mulan .. the first Mulan)

Jin_Yong_Fan:
    I think I enjoyed your translation, especially since I was doing the same part. It enriched my understanding on the part. About your chinese or english, I don't care (don;t you guys out there agree with me? ) Neither was my first language anyway.

I have had the same part in my system, so I might as well post it.

You can skip to the next post if you want to. I will break my part exactly like Jin_Yong_Fan's work, so nobody misses anything.

-----------------------------------

Moved to Post #622
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-01-06 at 12:02 PM.
    foxs