Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was Cheung Mo Gei's attack kung fu?

Default What was Cheung Mo Gei's attack kung fu?

Each of the Jin Yong heroes had a signature attack kung fu that he used for fighting. Kiu Fung and Gwok Jing favored the Hong Lung 18 Palms. Deun Yu used the 6 Mak Divine Swords, and Hui Juk had a potpourri of Siu Yiu Sect attack techniques. Yeung Gor used a variety of attack techniques before finally settling on Heavy Iron Sword Technique and the Sad Palms. Ling Wu Chung used Mt. Hua Sect Sword Technique and moved on to Dook Goo 9 Swords.

But what was Cheung Mo Gei's signature attack kung fu? His power came from the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, but that had no attack techniques in it. Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee allowed Cheung Mo Gei to exploit his opponents' weaknesses, but that doesn't seem quite like an attack method either. Cheung Mo Gei learned Tai Chi Sword and Tai Chi Fist from Cheung 3 Fung, but other than the battle at Mo Dong, he did not subsequently use these skills in combat much either. There was the Divine Scepter martial arts of the Persian Ming Cult, but again, Cheung Mo Gei did not use this much. Just what was his attack martial art?

think he defended most of the time rather than going on a offensive mode
    TaZzY InC

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

his main attack was boring his foes to death, and driving them to a fatal jealous fit over how many girls he got.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

His attack was compassion.

He seemed to spend most of his time just trying to survive to survive and talk - the only major duels he had subsequent to Wudang (not counting the Divine Sceptre duels versus the Persians) were against Zhou Zhiruo and the Jinkang Demon-Subduing Ring, and he wasn't exactly going all out for a win in either case, since neither duel pitched him against somebody his considered his enemy. The China adaptation had him using Taijiquan against the Ring, but I seriously doubt it would have been effective. He probably just dodged and pleaded with his Bambi eyes throughout.

ZWJ didn't attack. He counter-attacked. That's 9 Yang philosophy for you

Anyway, he did use Taichi Fists a lot in the fights with the 3 Shaolin Elders or with the Xuan Ming Elders. Same with his Holy Fire ones. Sometimes he would use the Dragon Claws he learnt from one of the Shaolin Divine Monks, Kong Xiang. Sometimes it's only described that he made some palm attack with x% of his inner power.

Still, I'd say that ZWJ would greatly benefit from a powerful palm technique, having such incredible inner power. However, HL18Z doesn't seem to suit his personality though. HL18Z is more suitable for those with a no-nonsense approach.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    ZWJ didn't attack. He counter-attacked. That's 9 Yang philosophy for you

Anyway, he did use Taichi Fists a lot in the fights with the 3 Shaolin Elders or with the Xuan Ming Elders. Same with his Holy Fire ones. Sometimes he would use the Dragon Claws he learnt from one of the Shaolin Divine Monks, Kong Xiang. Sometimes it's only described that he made some palm attack with x% of his inner power.

Still, I'd say that ZWJ would greatly benefit from a powerful palm technique, having such incredible inner power. However, HL18Z doesn't seem to suit his personality though. HL18Z is more suitable for those with a no-nonsense approach.

I would say 6 Yang Zhang is suited for him except that Xiao Yao skills were Yin and meant to kill. So I think Kong Ming Quan might be good for him. In any case, he had Taiji and thats about as good as it gets in the HSDS world for fighting skills.

I forgot to add that Cheung Mo Gei's adopted father Tse Tsun taught him the 7 Seung Fists (and I believe Cheung Chui San also taught his son the Mo Dong Long Fist), but he did not use this martial art (probably too cruel for him; 7 Seung Fist's destructive power was reminiscent of the Hong Lung 18 Palms).

I don't think so. The Seven Harms Fists were similar to the Iron Palms of Qiu Qian Ren: Very sophisticated use of techniques and different inner energy types, whereas the Dragon Palms were quite clear cut, no-nonsense and straightforward.

In any case, he had Taiji and thats about as good as it gets in the HSDS world for fighting skills.
    Yeah I guess so. However, Taiji Fists weren't a technique that would make great use of high inner power, IMO. It's mostly about using your opponent's inner power against himself and redirecting attacks and all that. It's mostly about using soft against hard, calm against aggressive etc. Something more destructive would be more efficient with ZWJ's inner power. I mean, his inner power was miles better than most people in HSDS. If he had a more powerful palm or fist technique that could utilise all of his inner power, he would finish these guys off a lot easier. It would probably take one or two Dragon Palm blasts to finish off a Xuan Ming elder, for instance.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

imagine him with the 7 sang fist
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    imagine him with the 7 sang fist
    At Brightness Peak he did, he split a huge tree clean off.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    . If he had a more powerful palm or fist technique that could utilise all of his inner power, he would finish these guys off a lot easier. It would probably take one or two Dragon Palm blasts to finish off a Xuan Ming elder, for instance.
    I think against the XM elders, he just had to stand there and let them hit him, then the XM palms will finish the elders off.

Now Xu Zhu, thats a guy who should be using XM Palms.

Hmm. Actually I thot his Qian Kun Da Mo Yee was a fighting skill. his 9 Yang Zhen Jin gave him incredible internal strength, increased learning ability and healing powers. all his fighting skills basically increased in power because of his internal energy.

Then when he was in the Shuo Bu De magic bag, all his body's acupoints(?) were cleared because of his internal energy being trapped and directed at himself so he reached higher state of control.

It was when he learn Qian Kun Da Mo yee, that he learnt how to use the energy to fight. Previously it was always automatic (remember how Miejue's blows bounce back on her). Qian Kun Da Mo Yee was such a high class skill that other skills which he observes later become easy to understand. Plus it's a bizarre skill that enables him to somehow make his enemies hit each other instead of him.

Then Tai Ji was another skill which is a remarkable skill that deviates from all previous martial arts. It was based on a whole new philosophy. there is no structured moves to learn. You have to just remember and understand the principle (that's why when Zhang San Feng demonstrated his swordplay, it was totally different on both times).

Then lastly, he learnt the Persian original Qian Kun Da Mo Yee which was even more weird.

So conclusion:
    9 yang for power and defence
    Qian Kun Da Mo yee for weird and superior moves
    Taiji for better implementation of moves and defences. Also saves energy cos you use people's energy to fight them back.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    Then lastly, he learnt the Persian original Qian Kun Da Mo Yee which was even more weird.

So conclusion:
    9 yang for power and defence
    Qian Kun Da Mo yee for weird and superior moves
    Taiji for better implementation of moves and defences. Also saves energy cos you use people's energy to fight them back.
    I don't remember him learning the "Persian original" Qian Kun Reversal skill. From my understanding, there was only one version of the Qian Kun Reversal. It originated in Persia but somehow got to the Mainland branch of Ming Sect. I think you are talking about the skill he learnt from the Sheng Huo Ling (Sacred Fire Tablet)?

On another note, I have always wondered why 9Yang didn't contain any attacking moves, while 9Yin did.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    I don't remember him learning the "Persian original" Qian Kun Reversal skill. From my understanding, there was only one version of the Qian Kun Reversal. It originated in Persia but somehow got to the Mainland branch of Ming Sect. I think you are talking about the skill he learnt from the Sheng Huo Ling (Sacred Fire Tablet)?

On another note, I have always wondered why 9Yang didn't contain any attacking moves, while 9Yin did.
    prolly b'cause 9 Yang created or originated from Shaolin and we all know that Shaolin prefer not to kill people while 9 Yin created by HS is to specifically terminate the Ming sect threat

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    prolly b'cause 9 Yang created or originated from Shaolin and we all know that Shaolin prefer not to kill people while 9 Yin created by HS is to specifically terminate the Ming sect threat

just my opinion
    In HSDS, Shaolin's Dragon Claw technique is considered by ZWJ as an almost invincible, all-out attack technique, so I don't think Shaolin martial arts philosophy is really 'holy'.

sweeper said so himself. shaolin kungfu is deadly. therefore the practitoner needs a high level of buddhism enlightment to quell the "sha qi". it is also through a high level of enlightment that u can attain the highest level

Actually who came out with 9 yang and 9 Yin skills? who is HS referred to by Atlantean?

I can't remember the story in Tian Long Ba Bu so much in detail anymore. i remember getting fed up of all the pretty girls ending up to be Duan yu's half sisters. Haha. But yeah, remember liking Xiao Feng, though very sad that Ah Zhu had to die and then he dies in the end too. I'm a sucker for happy ending so i never re-read the story. Was there any mention of 9 yang and 9 Yin in this series. It's supposed to be before the condor trilogy right?

PS: Isn't it strange that Shaolin was not among the top 5 pugilist in LOCH?
    And cannot be cos they are supposed to be peaceful cos we can see from HSDS that they are very ego, proud, aggressive, unforgiving. Basically nothing that Buddism preaches. haha. The only true peaceful shaolin monks are Kong Jian (xie xun killed him) and Jue Yuan (dies after running for a long time with heavy weights on his shoulders. did it not enter his mind that he could throw the 2 metal buckets away and just run with guo xiang and Zhang Sanbao on his shoulders?)

9 yin was created by huang shang. as for 9 yang, no one really knows

9 yang rumoured to be by...damo?