Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: About Xiao Zhao... (Little comment)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Laviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,480

    Default About Xiao Zhao... (Little comment)

    Her name should be spelled "Xiao Chao" in Mandarin Pinyin, not "Zhao".

    Sorry to nitpick...

    EDIT:

    Sorry people, I am totally wrong! It is Xiao Zhao. I am getting senile...
    Last edited by Laviathan; 11-29-04 at 05:17 AM.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    184

    Default

    i dun think so...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    when i saw the thread, i thought someone is writing about xiao zhao finally.
    anyone got some info about xz? like where and when is she born; who are the parents; how she came to mainland; how is her character; which are her happiest time, etc etc etc, in short a bibliography about her like what ken wrote for guo jing. hehe.

  4. #4
    Senior Member xuelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Her name should be spelled "Xiao Chao" in Mandarin Pinyin, not "Zhao".

    Sorry to nitpick...
    Wrong. Her name is spelled "Xiao Zhao" in Mandarin Pinyin, and is also pronounced "zhao".

    To reply wkeej, Xiao Zhao is the daughter of Jin Hua Po Po (or Dai Qi Si) and Mr. Han.

  5. #5
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Yeah. Her chinese name should be Xiao Zhao. Sorry, laviathan. Think you're outnumbered.

    Xiao Zhao is only daughter of Dai Qi Si (Jin Hua Po Po) and Mr Han. Because Dai Qi Si and Mr Han married under a lot of objections from Ming Sect and also Dai Qi Si was caught by Xie Xun poking around the Ming Sect's sacred forbidden tunnels, she quit Ming Sect and left with Mr Han. However, Mr Han died and Dai Qi Si killed Hu Qing Niu. So she not on good terms with Ming Sect.

    Plus she was hiding from the Persia Ming Sect because cannot let them find her since she lost her virginity and left Ming Sect or she'll be burnt to death. So she had to create a new identity, Jin Hua Po Po to hide. She also did not dare to keep Xiao Zhao with her in case she gets caught otherwise Xiao Zhao will also die.

    So Xiao Zhao was basically placed with some villagers to raise. Her mother will only visit her occasionally. Enough to teach her some martial arts, i guess. So Xiao Zhao grew up with very little family warmth and security. From young, she was separated from her family and raised by strangers who were paid to do it. I think her only hope was to try to save her mother by stealing the Qian Kum Da Mo yee so her mother can use it to exchange for a pardon and no need to die. Once her mother is forgiven by Persian Ming Sect, her mother doesn't have to hide anymore and can reunite with her publicly.

    However, when Zhang Wu Ji treats her so nicely, (the only person who does so. Yang Bu Hui was always scolding her and Yang Xiao also very wary of her) she is touched. He is her first and only friend. He saves her from Yang Bu Hui who wanted to kill her, shields her from the dynamite explosion, thinks of all ways to get rid of her chain, gives in to her when she insists on following him etc. So she falls for him lor.

    I don't know what else more to write about her already. Her story is very apparent from the book and also in all the shows. Hardly anything is changed about her in all the various versions.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Laviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Gosh, you guys are right. It's 小昭 "Xiao Zhao". What was I thinking?

    Forget I ever mentioned it.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    thank u, babyblues. may i ask
    1. why Dai Qi Si and Mr Han married under a lot of objections from Ming Sect?
    2. how Mr Han died?
    3. why Dai Qi Si killed Hu Qing Niu?
    4. who is Hu Qing Niu?
    5. What is Qian Kum Da Mo yee?

  8. #8
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    thank u, babyblues. may i ask
    1. why Dai Qi Si and Mr Han married under a lot of objections from Ming Sect?
    2. how Mr Han died?
    3. why Dai Qi Si killed Hu Qing Niu?
    4. who is Hu Qing Niu?
    5. What is Qian Kum Da Mo yee?
    1. Because Dai Qi Si was very beautiful. She was the no. 1 beauty of her time. Plus the fact that she was the adopted daughter of Ming Sect leader for saving him from embarassment so she was very high ranking in the sect. She was one of the 4 sect defenders together with Xie Shun, White Brow Eagle and Batty. Almost everyone was supposed to be in love with her. (except Xie Shun and the sect leader who were happily married). But she instead chose Mr Han who was the one who came to challenge the Ming Sect leader for killing his father but was ultimately defeated by Dai Qi Si (But she grew to love him after taking care of his injuries). Ming members did not like him for daring to come to challenge and humiliate their leader plus he was not a member plus they wanted Dai Qi Si themselves so they objected to their wedding.

    2. Mr Han, if I'm not wrong, was injured by some enemies of theirs when they had left the Ming Sect to live on their own. Dai Qi Si brought him to see Hu Qing Niu, the Ming Sect Miraculous Healer. But Hu Qing Niu swore he will only cure Ming Sect pple because he had accidentally cured some pple his wife had poisoned (His wife is the No 1 Poison expert) so she was very angry with him. So to solve the problem he swore he will only cure Ming Sect members cos his wife sure will not poison her own sect members. Since Mr Han and Dai Qi Si (by then they were known asMr Silver Leaf and Golden Flower Granny)were not Ming Sect members, Hu Qing Niu refused to cure Mr Han. Mr Han died of his injuries and Dai Qi Si swore to take revenge. She also hated Ming Sect even more because of this.

    3. see answer to no. 2

    4. See answer to no. 2. He was the no. 1 healer in the world.

    5. This is a Ming Sect skill that is only practised by Ming Sect leader. Ming Sect was originally from Persia. The China sect was a branch that eventually became independent. Somehow the Persian Sect lost its copy of the skill whereas the CHina one still had. So Dai Qi Si was actually sent to China branch to try to get hold of it to return to Persia. Dai Qi Si was originally one of the 4 Holy Maidens. Persian Ming Sect leaders are always females. And there will always be 4 Holy Maidens appointed to be her potential successor. These 4 Holy Maidens are sent to do missions for the sect and the one who has done the most or greatest mission will take over as leader upon the leader's death. So Dai Qi Si's mission was to bring back the Qian Kum Da Mo Yee skill to Persian Ming Sect. Holy Maidens are also required to be virgins and cannot marry otherwise they'll be burnt to death. So when Dai Qi Si married Mr han, she was still plotting to get her hands on the Qian Kum Da Mo yee to return to Persia to seek forgiveness for marrying. But she failed cos Xie Xun caught her once and she left the Ming Sect. She then had to change her identity and hide with Mr Han on far away island. But Mr Han died of injuries so she was left alone with Xiao Zhao. She didn't dare to be with Xiao Zhao just in case she gets caught by Persian Ming Sect. When Xiao Zhao grew up, she sent Xiao Zhao to infiltrate Ming Sect to steal the skill again. This is why Xiao Zhao knew all the secret passage ways. She also succeeded in learning the skill although she merely memorised it and did not practice it.

    This is why when Persian Ming Sect really caught Dai Qi Si and Zhang Wu Ji was trapped by them, the only way out was for Xiao Zhao to become the Ming Sect leader. She was the daughter of a Holy Maiden and had achieved a great feat of bringing back the skill to Persia. I don't know why the other 3 Holy Maidens were not considered. Maybe they were dead or had not succeeded in their missions?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    thank u, babyblues for your wonderful knowledge. may i check whether you have more details about how dai qi si save the ming sect leader from embarassment?
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    Plus the fact that she was the adopted daughter of Ming Sect leader for saving him from embarassment so she was very high ranking in the sect.

  10. #10
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    no need to flatter lah. I only remember so much cos I like this story the best out of Jin Yong's books. Next is LOCH.

    ok. basically back in old days, Ming Sect Leader, Yang Ding Tian, dueled with Senior Mr Han (young Mr Han's father) and killed him. So Junior Han wait till grow up, learn his martial arts to take revenge. So one day he appeared at Ming Sect to challenge Yang Ding Tian. Yang Ding Tian didn't really want to fight him cos junior Han is a junior. Don't want to harm him. But if he back down, he will look very bad, like a coward. Plus junior han challenge him to duel with him under water. Yang Ding Tian not very good swimmer too. So Ming Sect members angry with junior han for challenging Yang Ding Tian. When other ming sect members offer to fight for Yang Ding Tian, junior han refuse saying he is here to fight Yang Ding Tian for his father, not Ming Sect. Also insulted Yang Ding Tian generally etc. So Dai Qi Si suddenly come forward and called Yang Ding Tian as "father" thereby making it reasonable for her to fight in place of Yang Ding Tian since she is his daughter therefore she is same generation as junior Han and also suits junior han's personal grudge against yang Ding Tian.

    So these 2 youngsters go and fight underwater. It was supposed to be winter and the lake was frozen. They had to cut the ice to fight under it. IN the end, Dai Qi Si wins cos she is very good swimmer and fighter. But she develops a cough that stays with her for life. Junior Han was defeated and injured but she nursed him. and eventually falls for him.

    Meanwhile Yang Ding Tian is pleased with Dai Qi Si for getting him out of a tight spot and also winning the fight so he officially makes her his god-daughter. and promotes her to same position as the other Sect Defenders. Because she is a woman and also god daughter of Yang Ding Tian, the other 3 let her be named first. Mrs Yang, seeing Dai Qi Si was wearing purple when she was fighting that day, gives her the name "Purple clothed Dragon King". So the 4 sect leaders sequence are purple (for purple clothed dragon king) white (white brow eagle King) Gold (Golden-maned Lion king) Green (Green winged bat king). Because the rest of Wu ling did not really know of Ming Sect's internal matters but only heard of this sequence of colours and seeing how powerful Xie Xun and White brow eagle king is, thought the mysterious purple clothed dragon king must be even more powerful since he/she was placed in 1st spot. But actually she was not better than the rest of them

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    thank once again with zero "fattening". hehe.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Laviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,480

    Default Despite my lousy Chinese... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    2. Mr Han, if I'm not wrong, was injured by some enemies of theirs when they had left the Ming Sect to live on their own. Dai Qi Si brought him to see Hu Qing Niu, the Ming Sect Miraculous Healer.
    Han Qianye, Mr Silverleave, was allegedly poisoned by a mute, barbarian monk (most probably the disguised Fan Yao, the Right Herald of Light from the Ming Cult).

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    When Xiao Zhao grew up, she sent Xiao Zhao to infiltrate Ming Sect to steal the skill again. This is why Xiao Zhao knew all the secret passage ways. She also succeeded in learning the skill although she merely memorised it and did not practice it.
    She did practice it. On Snake Island, Golden Lion Lord Xie Xun noticed from Xiao Zhao's breathing that she was practicing a "strange style of internal martial arts", which is most probably Qiankun Danuoyi.
    Last edited by Laviathan; 11-30-04 at 06:05 AM.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

  13. #13
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Hi wkeej,

    I'm just curious. Didn't u watch the whole HSDS 2003 series? Why u seem not to know about the story at all?

    The question of who is XZ's mom should have been very apparent from watching any version of HSDS, because her replacing her mom as Sacred Maiden is one of the important plot points of HSDS. So, how can u not know it? If XZ is not replacing her mom as Sacred Maiden, what is the reason given in HSDS 2003 for her to go to Persia?
    Is the HSDS 2003 so badly written that it never explained the background of XZ and the reason for the actions of Golden Flower Grandma (.e.g why she hate Hu Qing Niu so much etc)?
    Last edited by kidd; 11-30-04 at 05:06 AM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Sorry, I disagree for 3 reasons.

    When Xie Xun noticed Xiao Zhao's strange breathing, he felt puzzled and was wondering could she be ....

    I take this to mean he recognised she had the same style of breathing as Dai Qi Si whose martial arts were from Persia therefore different from China's martial arts. If so, there was no way it could be due to her learning Qian Kun Da Nuo Yee cos Dai Qi Si never learnt it and Persia had lost the skill for a long time.

    Furthermore, it was a skill that is only to be learnt by the leader of Ming Sect. To learn it secretly, would be punishable, something I think both Dai Qi Si and Xiao Zhao wished to avoid.

    Lastly, the skill is very difficult to learn. Yang DIng Tian took years to learn each level of the skill. Zhang Wu Ji learnt it very fast only because of his 9yang zhen jin. Cos the skill needed someone with great internal energy to master it. Which is also why other pple take so long to learn it cos they have to build up their internal energy. Xiao Zhao did not have strong internal energy or 9Yang Zhen Jin to enable her to learn it so quickly.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ToOn99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Deeply Fallen into Darkness
    Posts
    1,942

    Default


    XZ is the bald guy who has 200+ years internal energy j/k.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    as expected, here comes kidd again.
    as what i said, i am a person with poor memory - really very poor memory. e.g. yesday i checked the meaning of "discourse", but today i have forgotten it.
    but at least i remembered florence tan is xz in hsds2003 because of my "sudden" love for xz. of course, i can't remember who act as xz in the other hsds series.

    if you notice, currently, i am watching crimson sabre. and after watching one episode, i will post something and ask a lot of questions. my purpose is simple - i want to remember more about crimson sabre. i think only by writing and asking i can remember.

  17. #17
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    heehee. you always get "scolded" for asking questions ah? how come you know Kidd going to post something about you and your questions. Hey, Kidd, don't scold lah. as long as someone happy to ask and someone else happy to answer, ok lah. Otherwise people may run out of things to say. we are all still having fun here

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    it's ok. i know kidd. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    heehee. you always get "scolded" for asking questions ah? how come you know Kidd going to post something about you and your questions. Hey, Kidd, don't scold lah. as long as someone happy to ask and someone else happy to answer, ok lah. Otherwise people may run out of things to say. we are all still having fun here

  19. #19
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    heehee. you always get "scolded" for asking questions ah? how come you know Kidd going to post something about you and your questions. Hey, Kidd, don't scold lah. as long as someone happy to ask and someone else happy to answer, ok lah. Otherwise people may run out of things to say. we are all still having fun here
    Not scold lah. Just curious mah, because wkeej just watch HDSD 2003 not long ago. So, I was wondering why he seem not to know the storyline.

  20. #20
    Senior Member babyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default

    cos he blur like sotong. haha.

    Hey, Wkeej, take some more gingko nuts. supposed to be good for memory. My memory also not very good. pple keep telling me to take gingko nuts. but I always forget. haha

Similar Threads

  1. Wo De Gong Fu Nu You... cast: Ma Su, Zhao Yang,Xiao Rong Sheng...
    By girly in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-09-06, 06:13 AM
  2. rescuing xiao zhao
    By wkeej in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-10-06, 02:45 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-06, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •