Thread: 蕭笙 died!

Default 蕭笙 died!

well actually i don't know him. i just saw his name in some serials and now in newspapers. he died of liver cancer. he's really famous because he was known to play a major role in promoting famous actors/actresses nowadays like the five tigers (andy lau, tony leung, miu kiu wai, kenneth tong, & felix wong), ekin cheng, man tz liang, eric wan, etc. he was the one who started the series adapatations of jin yong's novels. sad news indeed in the showbiz industry.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

is there a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    is there a photo?
    see here... http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

thks -P-chan

cool website!

i dun think i seen him b4 but wah the ppl he has taught and he has brought up
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Since I don't know him and had not even heard of his name before, I don't care the slightest.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default Felix Wong, Miu Kiu Wai, Kent Tong and Michelle Yim pay tribute to Siu Sang

Felix Wong, Miu Kiu Wai, Kent Tong and Michelle Yim pay tribute to Siu Sang

Veteran TV producer Siu Sang passed away earlier and yesterday, a group of artistes whom he had mentored - Kent Tong, Michael Miu, Felix Wong and Michelle Yim, paid tribute to him on the TVB daytime magazine show "Hong Kong Live" as they recounted some memories of Uncle Siu.

When the 'three tigers' Michael, Kent and Felix spoke about Uncle Siu, they were all in agreement that he looked after the newcomers and had an excellent eye for talent. Once he had decided that you had potential, then he would give you opportunities and help you to grow. It was thanks to Uncle Siu's advice and support that they have their achievements of today. They were all deeply saddened at the death of their mentor, but they will accept the truth because he was 77 years old.

As a member of the mourning committee for Uncle Siu, Kent was asked when the funeral will be and he said: "At the earliest, it will be next month because Uncle has said before that he is afraid of fire, so we have to wait for a space to be allocated in the cemetary for him. The funeral will be a Buddhist ceremony." When asked if they had informed Tony Leung about the death of Uncle Siu, Michael said: "Actually Tony never made any series with Uncle, only Andy and I worked with him the most, so we have not contacted Tony yet."

Felix filmed "Demi Gods and Semi Devils II" with Uncle Siu and found fame from the series, but he recalls that he was very disobedient and would not shave his head and it was only after much persuasion from Uncle Siu that he agreed. He says: "It took over a month for him to convince me and he said that he was confident that this series would take my career to a pinnacle. Uncle really did have an eye for success."

Michael also filmed with Uncle, working on "Chor Lau Heung" and forged a hero's image in the viewers' memories: "After Adam Cheng's earlier portrayal of Chor Lau Heung, I was only a newcomer then and there was a lot of pressure on me. It was Uncle who gave me the courage to perform." Knowing that Uncle died peacefully is comforting to them all and Michael adds: "Uncle was very vain, so he had to look good even when he passed away. We should not be too sad, because he has gone to another world now and is no longer in pain."
    Source: http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

i noticed that every time this year, or near the golden horse awards, someone prominent always dies. coincidence, but quite scary huh?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

figures why that name looked familiar...he worked on the 2002-2003 ATV drama Thunder Cops--a superb drama, also of interesting note is that the theme song used for the series was a remake of the song written by Wong Jim, who also just pasted away.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords