Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lu Ding Ji (new edition): speculation

Default Lu Ding Ji (new edition): speculation

just read a Jin Yong interview from Da Gong Pao. The author may be drastically rewriting the fortunes of Wei Xiao Bao and his wives in the latest edition due soon. Everyone's fav fake eunuch-serial liar-rapist-polygamist may lose all his money and some of his wives...ohhh the horror!!!

this should take some time to get used to if it becomes reality.
    well..., at least Shuang er and Mu Jian Ping will stay.

sounds pretty drastic huh? i mean altering the ending and everything...
    i always thought that Jin Yong let WXB off wayy too easily. I hope he doesn't lose all his money, but losing some of those wives(ie: Ah Ke) might not be such a bad idea.

leaving him with shuang er is the most suitable. or the spoilt "princess", can't remember her name.

but Ah Ke was pregnant. I really pity her. she is beautiful, skilled etc. But kena raped by this no good low life.

I thought in the end, all his wives turned to love him.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Rape = bad

Even sex without consent of the wife is rape. So whether or not all the women turned to love him is not important. Thats why I never like WXB. He's basically a scum, a lucky scum.

Hm... I feel indifferent about the changes, not that I dislike WXB, but I just don't feel much about this character.

Leaving only Shuang Er with him is probably okay for him. Poor Shuang Er though

pardon me for my zero memory of this series. is shuang-er the childhood friend of xiaobao?
    anyone can enlighten me about ah ke. is she the one who already have a bf? more details please.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    pardon me for my zero memory of this series. is shuang-er the childhood friend of xiaobao?
    anyone can enlighten me about ah ke. is she the one who already have a bf? more details please.
    Nope, Shuang Er was not WXB's childhood friend.
    Ah Ke was Jiu Nan's student. Yep, she already had a boyfriend, who was that Taiwanese Prince IIRC.

i am always so mixed up. luckily kidd is not around or he will laugh and criticize again. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i am always so mixed up. luckily kidd is not around or he will laugh and criticize again. hehe.
    Well, if u based your knowledge on DOMD98, then u are not mixed up. In that version, Shuang Er is WXB's childhood friend.
    But in other version, and the novel (I think), she is not.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Well, if u based your knowledge on DOMD98, then u are not mixed up. In that version, Shuang Er is WXB's childhood friend.
    But in other version, and the novel (I think), she is not.

in the novel, Shuang Er is the girl servant that the Zhuang family gave to Xiaobao as a present. he had never met her before this.

I think jin yong mentioned that he wanted to teach Xiaobao a lesson and give him a worse ending as too many young people nowadays are fond of him and using him as an example.

Maybe KangXi captures Xiaobao in the end and makes him a eunuch for real, and they become soulmates.

can any body post some pictures on here? Thanks. My favorite wife in lu ding ji is Princess Jian Ning. She is funny and cute

*Sigh* If Jin Yong is really planning the changes mentioned in the first post... this is very disappointing news.

Whether or not young people are getting the "wrong" message and are using him as a good example (I mean, what?! So young people are going around raping women because of Wei Xiaobao and are getting away with it? Really? And if they're taking bribes, I would hardly put all the blame on Wei Xiabao.), that shouldn't warrant him changing the story this way. I always hate how nowadays, all stories must take a moralistic, politically correct approach. Or else it's not acceptable.

I thought Lu Ding Ji was an awesome satire and play on all of Jin Yong's previous works. The corrupt official who would normally be a side character in any of his other novels is now the main character. Wei Xiaobao is the opposite of every main character that Jin Yong previously had: He's an uneducated, womanizing kid that becomes filthy rich, and misunderstandings always go his way. Yet Xiaobao is not SO evil to the point where he's irredeemable - at least he puts friendship and loyalty as a priority (as seen from his unwillingness to betray the wise emperor Kang Xi and his constantly saving the heroes of Heaven Earth Society).

In my opinion, people who are reading his novels should be able to have the capability to differentiate between right or wrong. They shouldn't be getting their "ways of life" from Wei Xiaobao. And it shouldn't be up to Jin Yong to make sure that they get the "right message."

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda View Post
    Maybe KangXi captures Xiaobao in the end and makes him a eunuch for real, and they become soulmates.
    If that really happened, then I think WXB would rather die.

About his wives dying, the one who helped him the most throughout was Shuang Er and the one he loved the most was Ah Ke so either one dying would be a big blow to him.

So, what happened with the third edition?

Ok, those "wives" were gonna "MURDER" him if anyone remembers! And "HE" turned the "table" on them, hence he's alive. Rape might be bad, but if someone's trying to kill you, you probably could do worst to them.
    And I don't think he actually loved Ah Ke, more like lust after her.

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda View Post
    That would be great!!!