Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 5 Greats vs XF,XZ,DY. Who will win?

A palm to the head from a great could kill anyone..XZ included

But yeh, XZ would be quite hard to defeat, considering a palm from JMZ hardly even hurt him
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

it is clear that xu zhu has incredible internal strength
    however, internal strength is not evrything.
    how about yideng's yiyangzhi?
    guojing's arrows?
    yang guo's HIS or wooden sword
    the greats are pretty versatile, and can resort to weapons.

i'm sure most people agree that sweeper monk has greater internal strength than xuzhu. and xiao feng managed to break his ribs. and the internal strength difference between xiao feng and the greats isn't really big. with 2/3/4 greats on him, xuzhu will face multiple advanced techniques and will definitely take a lot of hits. yang guo's sad palms and guo jing's dragon-subduing palms are more or less comparable to xiao feng's and i see no reason why dey can't manage a to land a palm on xu zhu if he has to face other techniques.

when guojing had 90% of hys and h7g's internal strength, his experience compared to hys and h7g was low, his techniques weren't as advanced as the other two but he managed to put up a good fight and last 300 moves wifout having been clearly defeated ( altho i agree tt he would eventually be defeated)

Quote Originally Posted by letalforever
    when guojing had 90% of hys and h7g's internal strength, his experience compared to hys and h7g was low, his techniques weren't as advanced as the other two but he managed to put up a good fight and last 300 moves wifout having been clearly defeated ( altho i agree tt he would eventually be defeated)

Actually, I felt like GJ would've been defeated within 200 moves if neither of the two greats went easy on him at first.

Sweeper Monk is NOT a good comparison, because frankly, no one does know the extent of his skills, or how strong that qi bubble he was able to generate was. Xiao Feng's palms ARE on the general strength of Jiumozhi, and Jiumozhi WAS unable to hurt Xu Zhu except for a bit of pain. Sweeper Monk and his internal strength (as well as how much of it he used) is pure speculation; Xiao Feng and Jiumozhi's palm exchange isn't.

I wish the Xiao Feng hardcore fan club (i am just the normal non-hardcore member) would stop using the SM rib breaking as an exercise to prove that XF can hurt XZ.

If JMZ could not even impede XZ with a full strength palm and 6 kicks which all connected fully, I can't see XF doing much better (a bit better maybe, but not enough to break XZ's bones). Of course XF can hurt XZ by maybe striking at his face or other pressure points using full power but I doubt even a full force Kang Long You Hui at the chest or shoulder area would injure XZ.

WYZ claimed about 70 yrs of Bei Ming (+ whatever he sucked/leeched in his time)

TSTL started Ba Hwang when she was eight or so.

Dunno when LQS started but since she ambushed TSTL in her teens, she should have trained from an early age too.

So thats approximately 70+ 90%(85+80) + whatever he gained on his own training. Thats 220 years at LEAST! If WYZ had used Bei Ming to suck fighters in his younger years, that could easily push the number to 300+. And if XZ's own training gave him even a 10% increase, thats another 20-30!! years. Look at what JMZ did with 30 yrs of Xiao Yao internal training. That could easily be just 10% of what XZ had.

Basically, its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I wish the Xiao Feng hardcore fan club (i am just the normal non-hardcore member) would stop using the SM rib breaking as an exercise to prove that XF can hurt XZ.

If JMZ could not even impede XZ with a full strength palm and 6 kicks which all connected fully, I can't see XF doing much better (a bit better maybe, but not enough to break XZ's bones). Of course XF can hurt XZ by maybe striking at his face or other pressure points using full power but I doubt even a full force Kang Long You Hui at the chest or shoulder area would injure XZ.

WYZ claimed about 70 yrs of Bei Ming (+ whatever he sucked/leeched in his time)

TSTL started Ba Hwang when she was eight or so.

Dunno when LQS started but since she ambushed TSTL in her teens, she should have trained from an early age too.

So thats approximately 70+ 90%(85+80) + whatever he gained on his own training. Thats 220 years at LEAST! If WYZ had used Bei Ming to suck fighters in his younger years, that could easily push the number to 300+. And if XZ's own training gave him even a 10% increase, thats another 20-30!! years. Look at what JMZ did with 30 yrs of Xiao Yao internal training. That could easily be just 10% of what XZ had.

Basically, its insane.

u can't measure internal enrgy by yrs, cos someone who's 30 can have less internal enrgy then someone who's 15.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    u can't measure internal enrgy by yrs, cos someone who's 30 can have less internal enrgy then someone who's 15.
    So true. I wonder why everyone else in this board seems to think that inner power/energy is all about years of cultivation when in fact, it really is rather dependent of the practioner. XZ does not have 150-200 years of inner energy! What he does have is like ariound 93% of the 3 combined elder's inner energy.

Quote Originally Posted by zhaozilong44
    So true. I wonder why everyone else in this board seems to think that inner power/energy is all about years of cultivation when in fact, it really is rather dependent of the practioner. XZ does not have 150-200 years of inner energy! What he does have is like ariound 93% of the 3 combined elder's inner energy.
    Isn't 93% of the combined 3 elders energy 200 years of energy?????

You said it yourself, inner energy is dependent on the practitioner. And XZ got it from 3 of the very best martial artists that ever existed.

If inner energy growth slows down as one ages or practices it longer, then XZ actually got much more then 300 years. Maybe 500 or 600 or 1000 years. Depending on how much it slows down.

years does play a part. the level of inner energy depends on 1.the kind of inner energy cultivation the user practices 2.how hard he practices 3. how long he practices it for 4. external boosters eg. icy bed, snake gall bladders, sucking, free gifts(cough cough xu zhu)

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    It also assumes that the 3 Xiao Yao Elders are martial arts geniuses like Jiu Mozhi and Xiao Feng (as far as I could tell, the only thing Wuyazi had going for him was his pretty boy good looks). They could just be average Martial Artists who reached premiere status because of the kung fu they were learning.

Sweeper Monk learning Yi Jin Jing would likely produce even greater results than You Tanzhi learning Yi Jin Jing.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 12-01-04 at 01:30 PM.

Xiao Yao disciples were all highly talented, super intelligent individuals (not to mention they have to be good looking too). Which explains their crazy *** behaviour. Thats why WYZ went through all that trouble to find a successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    It also assumes that the 3 Xiao Yao Elders are martial arts geniuses like Jiu Mozhi and Xiao Feng (as far as I could tell, the only thing Wuyazi had going for him was his pretty boy good looks). They could just be average Martial Artists who reached premiere status because of the kung fu they were learning.
    I think It's pretty safe to say that the 3 Xiao Yao Elders were NOT average. Average martial artists cannot learn such powerful skills...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    I think It's pretty safe to say that the 3 Xiao Yao Elders were NOT average. Average martial artists cannot learn such powerful skills...
    The 4 maids of TSTL were not even sure if they could reach a level high enough even after 22 more years of hard training to learn even 1 stance from TSTL's kung fu. And TSTL was learning stuff like Ba Hwang Shen Gong when she was a kid! Thats how talented the 3 elders were!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Isn't 93% of the combined 3 elders energy 200 years of energy?????

You said it yourself, inner energy is dependent on the practitioner. And XZ got it from 3 of the very best martial artists that ever existed.

If inner energy growth slows down as one ages or practices it longer, then XZ actually got much more then 300 years. Maybe 500 or 600 or 1000 years. Depending on how much it slows down.
    Yes it is 93% of the combined 3, but I'm just saying that you can't measure inner energy in terms of years. People stating that XZ having 150-200 years of inner energy in him doesn't make sense.

Let's assume XZ lives for 210 years (he starts training at the age of 10) and practices martial arts till he dies. Now, he's 210 and has 200 years of inner energy in him, but he never absorped any of the three elders (let's assume he didn't). Is he still going to be even close to the level where he would be if he just practiced on his own for 200 years and didn't get any freebies from the 3 elders?

KMZ practiced XWSG for 20 years while LCS practiced it for 70. Unless you think LCS's XWSG would morph KMZ's, then I really don't think it's a good idea to address a fighter's inner energy by the amount of time he/she spent on it.
    Last edited by zhaozilong44; 12-02-04 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    years does play a part. the level of inner energy depends on 1.the kind of inner energy cultivation the user practices 2.how hard he practices 3. how long he practices it for 4. external boosters eg. icy bed, snake gall bladders, sucking, free gifts(cough cough xu zhu)
    I'm not saying years isn't playing a part in it. I'm just saying that it's a terrible way of measuring a fighter's inner energy. 2 fighters, like LCS and KMZ, can praticed the same type of inner energy (XWSG), but if one of them reaches the same level as the other in 10 less years of time, then you can't say that LCS's 20 years of XWSG is on par with KMZ's 20 years of XWSG.

I'm not saying years isn't playing a part in it. I'm just saying that it's a terrible way of measuring a fighter's inner energy. 2 fighters, like LCS and KMZ, can praticed the same type of inner energy (XWSG), but if one of them reaches the same level as the other in 10 less years of time, then you can't say that LCS's 20 years of XWSG is on par with KMZ's 20 years of XWSG.
    What other better way is there to measure? Years might not be perfect but its the only way to express it. And whether its 200 years or whatever measurement, by any yardstick, the amount of inner energy XZ has far far far outstrips everyone else.

An infusion of inner power from all 6 freaks probably still wouldn't match 1 Great.

Yeah, and how many levels were they beneath a Great? A full infusion of just two or three of the Quanzhen disciples, still at least one or two levels beneath the Greats, would match or exceed, I'd easily wager.

A partial draining of Si Erniang, Nanhai E'shen, and Yun Zhonghe (along with a few REALLY crappy people) elevated Duan Yu's internal energy far above any of the Duan family Elders/monks, including his uncle the King, to the point where he could practice Liu Mai Shenjian freely, with internal energy probably on par with Xiao Feng.

Think about how tremendously much greater a full draining of those three Xiao Yao elders would be.

duan yu's inner energy was pretty much ahead of qiaofengs. of the 3 bros, hes got the least inner energy. his energy is pretty high, but not that high. he doesnt have any special boosters, + his is just normal shaolin energy cultivation. i believe he reached his current energy level by constantly pushing his limits

Which is the same with all the Greats. HL18Z, YYZ, Quanzhen, Ha Ma Gong, HYS's kung fu, none had great inner energy cultivation methods (well, maybe Quanzhen), yet, all reached immense inner power levels. I think the Greats (at their peak, in their 60's) are on a par with Xiao Feng at 30. I'd imagine Xiao Feng at 60 would far exceed all the Greats.