Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 5 Greats vs XF,XZ,DY. Who will win?

Default New 5 Greats vs XF,XZ,DY. Who will win?

I am just curious but who do you guys think will win in a fight between the New 5 greats GJ,YG,ZBT,HYS And YD Vs XF,DY And XZ?

most likely the 5 greats...

anyone of the 5 greats holds off xiao feng

duan yu gbed by 2 new greats

xu zhu gbed by 2 new greats

duan yu out in no time

4 new greats gb xu zhu

xu zhu out in no time

rest gb xiao feng

xf, dy, xu zhu out in no time

or

xf, dy, xz or 1 vs 1 3 new greats, the greats take turns fighting

xz might be able to hang on longer due to his internal strength

but eventually xf, dy, xz out

except zhou bo tong might turn to their side to make things fair

Personally, I think Xu Zhu could tank two or three Greats at a time, easily. His internal energy is ridiculous.

A case could be made for either side's victory. With Duan Yu possibly having trouble with his kung fu and Xu Zhu not easily motivated to do his best, anything is possible.

If Duan and Xuzhu use their skills to the maximum level, the 5 Greats would be dead quite quickly.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think most people underestimate the original Greats. They were all martial arts geniuses. Without 9ying, 9yang, snake bladders, draining internal power from someone else, they were all able to become the best fighters in their era. The only other person to do that is Xiao Feng. Sure, DY and XZ had all this power, but they weren't martial arts geniuses, they weren't great, natural born fighters like the original Greats and Xiao Feng.

There's plenty of people like that though. In TL8B alone, there's Ding Chunqiu, Xuanci, Duan Zhengming, Duan Yanqing, etc. etc. etc., all of them who became top notched fighters without 'lucky' chances (in Yanqing's case, he had terrible luck!). In the highest echelons, Murong Bo, Xiao Yuanshan, Jiumozhi, didn't have transfers/snake bladders/etc. either.

Even assuming the internal energy of a Great is equivalent to a single of the Xiao Yao Elders (something which is still a bit of a stretch, IMO, considering how Jiumozhi, after practicing Xiao Wu Xiang Gong for less than half the time the Elders practiced it (or the equivalent), had internal energy equal to Xiao Feng), Xu Zhu still has THREE times any of their internal energies. They can't dent the man unless at LEAST three of them jump up on him. Duan Yu can run around with his Ling Bo Wei Bu to distract at least one Great; if they ignore him, he can start firing his Liumai Shenjian. And Xiao Feng...is...well...Xiao Feng. Come on, do any of you -really- see Hong Qigong's XL18Z matching Xiao Feng's, for example?

I see Xu Zhu as the main 'defensive' power. Xu Zhu tanks, Duan Yu fires away from behind (or while dancing around), Xiao Feng hits offensively.

What's the distance of Huang Yaoshi's Tan Zhi Shen Tong? With 2 hands, I think he can keep Duan Yu plenty busy, Ling Bo Wei Bu included. The Zhou and Guo brothers could keep Xiao Feng plenty busy with their Left/Right Hand techniques, it would be like fighting 4 people (in the 1993/94 TVB production a young Guo Jing was able to fend off Xi Du). Yi Deng and Yang Guo both have very deep inner power, no slouch to Xu Zhu.

I think you're completely underestimating XZ's level of internal energy. He has almost 200 year's worth of internal energy. I highly doubt the greats would be able to even hurt XZ if XZ was trying.

That said, does this contest include the usage of weapons? Because if it does, then XZ's internal energy protection is much less a factor (since bladed weapons seem to cut regardless of level of internal energy).

Well...if the 5 Greats team really want to win that bad, just using 4 Greats except GJ to keep these 3 brothers busy for a moment and let GJ shoot from a distance to finish them (XF/XZ/DY) one-by-one. The strategy is

1. XF vs YG+YD :: YG+YD should be enough to hold XF in order to let GJ finish XF with his arrow. This should be done in a fraction of minute (if not only a few seconds).

2. XZ vs ZBT :: ZBT should be tricky enough to play around with XZ (like running around like a child play) until YG+YD (with GJ's arrows) finish XF. Then, ZBT+YG+YD vs XZ. They should be able to hold XZ for GJ's shooting arrow. This should also be done in a fraction of minute (also, if not a few seconds) either. (note that XZ cannot go to help XF because ZBT keep him busy and it is only need a very short period of time)

3. DY vs WYS :: WYS keeps DY busy with his projectile & formation skill, that is, don't let DY can go anywhere as he want. Therefore, DY cannot go to help XF & XZ. After XF & XZ are finished, WYS+ZBT+YG+YD go for DY. Although DY know Ling Bo Wei Bu, the 4 Greats should be able to hold DY in a limited range so that GJ can shoot him.

Then 5 Greats will win the fight easily (probably take less than 2 minutes) with almost no (bad) injury.
    Last edited by Wu Xing; 11-29-04 at 09:02 PM.

If this is the DY and XZ from chapter 40-42 (around the period of the Shaolin fight), then even any random 3-4 Greats from LOCH/ROCH should be able to win the fight. The Greats are geniuses and should be able to use tactics and superior understanding of techniques to finish off DY/XZ before doing a tag team on Xiao Feng.

If this is the chapter 49-50 DY and XZ, 5 Greats stand no chance.

You guys are underestimating DY. Pansy as he is, he is a rare martial arts talent as well. Look at how fast he learnt Bei Ming and mastered LBWB. And as I keep mentioning many times in other posts, I am convinced he fully mastered his powers by the end of the story.

XZ is a monster. If he could cut thru the Liao army faster then DY on LBWB thats saying a lot. JY narrated that he had received TSTL's 'zhen chuan' which I take to mean he had fully mastered her skills. It wasn't 'jiao dao' or 'zhi dian' he used, but 'Zhen Chuan'.

If he really wanted to fight, it would be suicide for any LOCH/ROCH Great to even try to match palms with him (and this is before 3rd edition when he learns 18 Dragon Palms). And even when inexperienced, he could instinctively use his Zhe Mei Shou to lock up JMZ (who I consider equal at least to a Great).

Thats about it. This topic comes up a lot here.

Yawn...at all the answers for the trilogy camp.

Team up all you want. The fact that its a 5 on 3 means its already a handicap (means they're not as good, you're all fighting a losing battle). 2 of the brothers are like the fastest men of all time. XF himself is no slouch. Then there's the energy gap. XZ has 200++ worth of energy (I'll spell it out to those who didn't read properly, TWO HUNDRED PLUS YEARS). It'll take at least 3 of the greats to even hurt him. DY? what could you do to him? He's fast, he's got 6MSJ. If you grab him he's got BMSG. Then there is XF, it doesn't matter who he's up against, unless its a team up, he's gonna win. The Greats have got nothing honestly to be able to swing this in their way short of bringing out the artilery.

CC and/or Xiao Feng.

What do you think about my strategy (GJ shoot his arrows)? curious to know.

Note:
    1. DY is good but...could he pass thru WYS's formation (+his projectile skill) in a short period of time?
    2. XZ is good but...could ZBT's 'strange' fighting style hold him in a short moment?
    3. Could YG+YD hold XF until GJ shoots him down?
    4. Could ZBT+YG+YD hold XZ until GJ shoots him down?
    5. Could WYS+ZBT+YG+YD hold DY until GJ shoots him down?

I know that it is not a fair fight but I haven't talked about a fair fight.

What do you think if XZ starts chucking Shen Si Fu's like theres no tomorrow? What if DY starts going crazy with 6MSJ like a damn minigun. If you're going to give weapons to them, XF, XZ and DY would too and although I can't see how DY can benefit from having weapons, XZ would to some extent and XF definitely.

Do you mean holding down as in really holding down the person so he can't move so that GJ can get a cowardly shot in? I'm sorry but I can't see how that can be achieved. You can engage them in combat and keep their attention while GJ tries to shoot but then he might just end up hitting the wrong guy cos their fighting and being high level fighters they'd definitely know if an arrow is shot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    What do you think if XZ starts chucking Shen Si Fu's like theres no tomorrow? What if DY starts going crazy with 6MSJ like a damn minigun. If you're going to give weapons to them, XF, XZ and DY would too and although I can't see how DY can benefit from having weapons, XZ would to some extent and XF definitely.
    First, XZ's Shen Si Fu requires water/liquid and time (& hand) to prepare. ZBT's internal energy cannot match with XZ but Left-Right technique & Vacant Fist might give XZ a little surprise so that XZ cannot use Shen Si Fu right away. In ROCH (after 16 year YG-XLN separation), ZBT can use Vacant Fist deal with GWM although GWM was much stronger than him (in term of strength). I didn't want ZBT to beat XZ but 'hold' him. Note ZBT 'hold' XZ = keep XZ busy with ZBT that cannot lose concentration with other things.

For DY, if XYS starts using his formation/trap (he come prepare) right away with his projectile weapon, DY might not be able to go crazy with 6MSJ like a damn minigun. First, 6MSJ is a qi sword that you need to 'aim' before shooting ('aim' = using mind to 'direct' qi out of the finger). Therefore, there is a little time gap (I think) between 1st & 2nd DY's laser beam shooter. WYS's trap might be able to confuse DY about where to shoot. If he cannot shoot WYS and keep shooting him, this means WYS can hold him. And I don't expect WYS to hold him in very long time.

Do you mean holding down as in really holding down the person so he can't move so that GJ can get a cowardly shot in? I'm sorry but I can't see how that can be achieved. You can engage them in combat and keep their attention while GJ tries to shoot but then he might just end up hitting the wrong guy cos their fighting and being high level fighters they'd definitely know if an arrow is shot at them.
    You see my definition of 'hold' above. Now, let assume that WYS can 'hold' DY with him and ZBT can 'hold' XZ with him (which they might not, but just 'assume' here). About XF, let give him his weapon too (dog beating stick or saber, I guess). YG's iron sword is not bad and YD is not unskillful fighter who doesn't know how to deal with a stronger fighter. I don't think YG+YD can beat XF but keep XF busy with them and CANNOT MOVE ANYWHERE HE WANT.

Note that GJ can shoot 2 eagles from the sky with one arrow. I don't think 2 flying eagles are easy to shoot with one arrow though.

BTW, DY is my most favorite JY character after GJ and I like XF & XZ much more than YG. But I try to have a bit of fun here. Sorry if my post doesn't make sense to you (maybe I'm totally wrong). And thank you for answering my question.

Cheers.

trying to hold down duanyu can be pretty dangerous if u're not aware of the fact the he 'sucks'-literally. b4 u know it, half of ur inner energy is gone. + i think its more probable the whoever it is fighting him will be busy trying to avoid his 6 mai shen jian

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    trying to hold down duanyu can be pretty dangerous if u're not aware of the fact the he 'sucks'-literally. b4 u know it, half of ur inner energy is gone. + i think its more probable the whoever it is fighting him will be busy trying to avoid his 6 mai shen jian
    Well, I think you misunderstand my definition of 'hold', see my post above.

You forget that not only are these guys strong, they are hugely fast. Not going to be able to keep them in one place long enough for a CLEAR shot from GJ (disregarding the fact that GJ would never do such a thing). And Shen Si Fu can be formed from the vapour in the air. And 6MSJ is not like 1YZ. DY can wave it around like a maniac if he wanted to so yes he can do a minigun.

DY can wave it around like a maniac if he wanted to so yes he can do a minigun.
    And is there any proof in the novel of this claim?

Of course, GJ never do such thing. This is for fun like a game (like I told before I like DY a lot, the more you say he's good, the better I feel).

BTW, I don't care how fast DY & XZ are since my 1st goal is to 'hold' them with his opponent (i.e., WYS & ZBT). Therefore, I allow them running around as much as they want as long as they keep fighting with ZBT & WYS (and hope that ZBT+WYS don't get killed or bad injury yet...that's why I talk about a short period of time). The one that I plan to shoot first is XF (2-on-1). Then I use 3-on-1 to XZ (to slow him down) for shooting. Finally, 4-on-1 to DY. As you see, this means I regard XF is the slowest to catch. And, I put XZ as 2nd since I don't think ZBT can 'hold' XZ in very long time. Finally, it is DY because I trust WYS's formation/trapping skill and WYS has a kind of minigun too (with his projectile skill).

Maybe the game between DY & WYS is not who has more internal energy but "who is a better shooter" (like gun fighting). In this case, it is decision between DY's (faster?) 6MSJ & WYS's secret weapon skill (which is hard to see and he can shoot it from under his sleeve too) + WYS's formation/trap. Plus, I don't expect WYS to beat DY but just to 'hold' him. And I believe that, if DY get hit by WYS's secret weapon, his 6MSJ has to slow down too.

just for fun...don't be so serious.
    Last edited by Wu Xing; 11-30-04 at 12:01 AM.

Hmm, that is an interesting idea. The "holding" he's referring to can actually be done as long as the three Brothers are actually fighting since they're not so much immobile but that they're in attacking range of the Greats. Combined with formations, it's quite possible keep them within a boundary.

Give excuses to both sides to go at each other with killing intent and then while the Brothers would almost certainly win, the brains of the Greats might be able to beat them.

Afterall, if the Greats were willing to sacrifice themselves to defeat the Brothers, then GJ most definitely can get shots in with arrows. GJ's arrows are not like normal ones either since he has very good internal energy.

Although 6MSJ is superior to finger flicking technique, who's to say that WYS can't injured DY with his technique? LBWB is good for dodging, but DY gets nailed whenever he tries to use it to get close for an attack.

Still I wonder how well even a formation could slow down XZ.

Hmmm, if the Greats used Z3F's Sphere's formation, they could beat them for sure.
    Wasn't that something like
    1 person = 1 person
    2 people = 4 people
    3 people = 8 people
    4 people = 16 people
    5 people = 32 people
    6 people = 64 people
    7 people = 128 people

32 x Greats > XZ + XF + DY

But that isn't going to happen since that formation comes almost 100 years later =(
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 11-30-04 at 12:27 AM.