Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Y Thien Do Long Ky 2003.

Default Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Y Thien Do Long Ky 2003.

He he, I know this is last year series but I really like the characters in this series. Especially Zhao Min by Alyssa Chia. She looks so cute!!! I think she's the cutest Zhao Min in all HSDS series that I have seen. I also like Chow Chi Yuerk by Gao Yuan Yuan. I don't like that she's evil and selfish; what I like is the way she acts and expresses the Chow Chi Yuerk character. She has done it well!
    Hey, does anyone know is this series is ATV or TVB or something else??? I don't know so I just started this thread in China series.

*Characters:*
    -Alec Su = Zhang Wu Ji and Zhang Cui Shan.
    -Alyssa Chia = Zhao Min.
    -Gao Yuan Yuan = Chow Chi Yuerk.
    -Zhang Guo Li = Sheng Kun.
    -Guo Fei Lai = Yan Su Su.
    -Tao Hong = Ji Hu Fu.
    -Shi Xiao Long = Zhang Wu Ji (young).
    Just when the caterpillar thought
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

*Main picture from this series*
    http://phimvcd.tripod.com/ythiendolongky.jpg
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

I don't think that this series belongs to either TVB or ATV...its actually a collaboration between Taiwan and mainland China...hence the mixture of actors and actresses from both places.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    I don't think that this series belongs to either TVB or ATV...its actually a collaboration between Taiwan and mainland China...hence the mixture of actors and actresses from both places.
    Ohh I see. But I still wonder because people from China and Taiwan speaking different languages, so how come actors or actresses from either place can make movies for the other one??? Am I right? I'm not sure if I can even understand what I'm saying now... Okay, I'm just confused. If you don't understand what I wrote, it's all right!!!
    Oh and by the way, I love Alyssa Chia and Zhao Wen Zhuo too!!!
    Last edited by ayara; 11-30-04 at 12:37 AM.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Quote Originally Posted by ayara
    Ohh I see. But I still wonder because people from China and Taiwan speaking different languages, so how come actors or actresses from either place can make movies for the other one??? Am I right? I'm not sure if I can even understand what I'm saying now... Okay, I'm just confused. If you don't understand what I wrote, it's all right!!!
    Oh and by the way, I love Alyssa Chia and Zhao Wen Zhuo too!!!
    Just like a collaboration between Taiwan and Korean actors/actresses... the script has been memorized and then acted out... which later resulted on the voices being dubbed...I understand you completely b/c I used to wonder the same thing myself! And I'm not sure that Taiwan and mainland china even speak different dialects.... don't they both use Mandarin? or is it cantonese? Heck.. my turn to get cnfused here

And yes... Alyssa and ZWZ makes the cutest couple... I gathered that you've watch either Miracle Healers or WMN already?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Just like a collaboration between Taiwan and Korean actors/actresses... the script has been memorized and then acted out... which later resulted on the voices being dubbed...I understand you completely b/c I used to wonder the same thing myself! And I'm not sure that Taiwan and mainland china even speak different dialects.... don't they both use Mandarin? or is it cantonese? Heck.. my turn to get cnfused here

And yes... Alyssa and ZWZ makes the cutest couple... I gathered that you've watch either Miracle Healers or WMN already?
    Yes, I did indeed. I watched both of them. And I love the loves between them in the series. But VMN is a bit sad at the end though. And I give up about the "languages connection" between China and Taiwan. I have no idea what they're speaking. If you were asking me, you got the wrong person. Very Sorry!!! He he he...
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

As, dialect for China is Canto, Mandarin and Taiwan is Taiwanese,Canto,and mandarin. Yeah, I do agree they mostly use the actors from Taiwan/China/and others. I love this series, but I am going to watch this during Christmas break. At first I was judging the book for it's cover thought this is garbage, but it turns out it qasn't quite as bad,but very fast.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    As, dialect for China is Canto, Mandarin and Taiwan is Taiwanese,Canto,and mandarin. Yeah, I do agree they mostly use the actors from Taiwan/China/and others. I love this series, but I am going to watch this during Christmas break. At first I was judging the book for it's cover thought this is garbage, but it turns out it qasn't quite as bad,but very fast.
    Sam
    I know what you mean..I wasn't even intrested in watching this series at first.. and the only reason why I even tried it was cuz of Alyssa.. but surprisingly, I enjoyed it very much...I think everyone did a pretty good job...besides seeing GYY pouts at every scene that is...
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

In the series, Chow Chi Yuerk is because of selfishness so she turns out evil. Gao Yuan Yuan's face is beautiful and kind but her face also looks a bit selfish, so when she's taking Chow Chi Yuerk's role, I think she's just fit for it. And with the make-up she wears when she's evil, it's just make she looks really like one. Her eyes is scary and those long nails are too.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

In the series, Chow Chi Yuerk is because of selfishness so she turns out evil. Gao Yuan Yuan's face is beautiful and kind but her face also looks a bit selfish, so when she's taking Chow Chi Yuerk's role, I think she's just fit for it. And with the make-up she wears when she's evil, it's just make she looks really like one. Her eyes is scary and those long nails are too.
    Her acting as Chow Chi Yuerk is fitting I suppose...but I've watched 2 series with her in it so far, and her expressions just gave me this "I wanna slap that pout" of your face feeling.... There's the 'cute' pout.. and then there's the 'annoying' pout...

And those nails.. *shudders* where the heck did those came from?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Another pic from the series....love rivalary

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cts.com.tw/prog/drama/yi-tian/images/09.jpg')
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Aww... three of them look so cute together!!! (Especially when they not rivals!) But I know that pic. isn't from the movie anyway...
    Hey, how do you just post the pictures up with the post? I mean that we don't have to click on the link to show the pic. because I tried but I can't.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Aww... three of them look so cute together!!! (Especially when they not rivals!) But I know that pic. isn't from the movie anyway...
    Hey, how do you just post the pictures up with the post? I mean that we don't have to click on the link to show the pic. because I tried but I can't.
    Haha, that pic is definately not in the series! It was probably during filming and during break or something, they strike a pose You can get the link of the pic and click on that yellowish box(icon) w/ the mountian image in your reply box. Hope that helps!
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Her acting as Chow Chi Yuerk is fitting I suppose...but I've watched 2 series with her in it so far, and her expressions just gave me this "I wanna slap that pout" of your face feeling.... There's the 'cute' pout.. and then there's the 'annoying' pout...

And those nails.. *shudders* where the heck did those came from?
    I know what you mean. But I don't understand why does she always took a role that is a selfish person, in HSDS'03 and Miracle Healers too??? Anyway, she did a pretty good job on the characters. If you hate her and want to slap her when you watched the series, it means she did well done on her acts to show the character and it means you enjoy it. Okay maybe not "enjoy" but it's like it's "provoke" you so you can understand the character and decide whether to like that person or not.
    He he he...I know that what I wrote can easily lost some people sometimes because it's confusing myself too!!!
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

*Alyssa Chia and Alec Su make a cute couple in this series!!! I just love seeing the scenes in the movie that they're together.*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/china/hsds2003/hsds_b01.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/china/hsds2003/hsds02.jpg')

Oh and by the way, Sparkly Chic, thank you for the instruction but it seems that I can't find the "icon" that you were talking about. But I find another way to post it up though. Thanks anyway!!!
    Last edited by ayara; 11-30-04 at 09:27 PM.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

I know what you mean. But I don't understand why does she always took a role that is a selfish person, in HSDS'03 and Miracle Healers too??? Anyway, she did a pretty good job on the characters. If you hate her and want to slap her when you watched the series, it means she did well done on her acts to show the character and it means you enjoy it. Okay maybe not "enjoy" but it's like it's "provoke" you so you can understand the character and decide whether to like that person or not.
    He he he...I know that what I wrote can easily lost some people sometimes because it's confusing myself too!!!
    Actually... its not her character that provokes me enough to make me wanna slap her...I actually felt pity for characters in MH and HSDS..its the darn facial expression!! You know that 'lost..pouty...frownish' expression that she always seems to wear? It might be attractive to some people, but it just irritates the heck outta me! Sorry if you're a fan of hers.. no offense I assure you

Its always a good sign that you're confusing and making people lost.. even better when you're confusing yourself

By the way, I enjoyed Alyssa and Alec in her tremendously too...well..maybe not so much Alec..but Alyssa did an excellent job as Zhao Min.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Here's an article I found regarding Alyssa and Alec that I found very cute and amusing.

The Things on Set No One Yet Knows

After a few romantic scandals concerning Ruby Lin & Vicki Zhao during the period of "Princess Pearl" & "Romance in the Rain," this time in HSDS 2003, Alec Su is rumoured to be paired with Alyssia Chia.
    Alec Su insists that there is nothing between the two. But then why this news? Alec Su smiles and says that all this is the pot of 'sweet bean soup' fault. Because the series started filming during a hot & mucky summer, Alec has a habit of bringing "sweet mung bean soup" and herb tea to the set to eat & be refreshed. He invited all the members to join him and of course Alyssa couldn't be excluded. In return, Alyssia brought a few items to the set for "big brother Zhang." The end result is that the two developed a habit of eating junk food together and interacted with many sweets & other desert items. The two were thereafter always seen together talking and never went anywhere without each other. It is only now that everyone knows that they were only exchanging about foods & how to make really good "sweet desert soup." [End]

Sounds like partners-n-crime gobbling up junk food

**Credit to TienTu, with a lil revision by moiii
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Actually... its not her character that provokes me enough to make me wanna slap her...I actually felt pity for characters in MH and HSDS..its the darn facial expression!! You know that 'lost..pouty...frownish' expression that she always seems to wear? It might be attractive to some people, but it just irritates the heck outta me! Sorry if you're a fan of hers.. no offense I assure you

Its always a good sign that you're confusing and making people lost.. even better when you're confusing yourself

By the way, I enjoyed Alyssa and Alec in her tremendously too...well..maybe not so much Alec..but Alyssa did an excellent job as Zhao Min.
    Uhh... Why do you think that is a good sign that I'm confusing people and even me??? and
    And I'm not really a fan of Gao Yuan Yuan. I just like her acts and expressions when she plays a "selfish person". It just makes me hate her so much.... Oh wait, darn, I did it again! I like her because I hate her and.... oh never mind!!!
    But I'm sure is an Alyssa's fan!!!!!
    Last edited by ayara; 11-30-04 at 11:03 PM.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Here's an article I found regarding Alyssa and Alec that I found very cute and amusing.

The Things on Set No One Yet Knows

After a few romantic scandals concerning Ruby Lin & Vicki Zhao during the period of "Princess Pearl" & "Romance in the Rain," this time in HSDS 2003, Alec Su is rumoured to be paired with Alyssia Chia.
    Alec Su insists that there is nothing between the two. But then why this news? Alec Su smiles and says that all this is the pot of 'sweet bean soup' fault. Because the series started filming during a hot & mucky summer, Alec has a habit of bringing "sweet mung bean soup" and herb tea to the set to eat & be refreshed. He invited all the members to join him and of course Alyssa couldn't be excluded. In return, Alyssia brought a few items to the set for "big brother Zhang." The end result is that the two developed a habit of eating junk food together and interacted with many sweets & other desert items. The two were thereafter always seen together talking and never went anywhere without each other. It is only now that everyone knows that they were only exchanging about foods & how to make really good "sweet desert soup." [End]

Sounds like partners-n-crime gobbling up junk food

**Credit to TienTu, with a lil revision by moiii
    Wow, great article (wherever did you found it??? )!!! It's just too bad Alyssa couldn't be Alec or ZWZ girlfriend. I heard that she's married. Oh darn!!! But it's a good thing for her though, at least she's happy..., so I think I'm just gonna happy for her too!!!
    Last edited by ayara; 11-30-04 at 11:01 PM.
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Uhh... Why do you think that is a good sign that I'm confusing people and even me??? and
    And I'm not really a fan of Gao Yuan Yuan. I just like her acts and expressions when she plays a "selfish person". It just makes me hate her so much.... Oh wait, darn, I did it again! I like her because I hate her and.... oh never mind!!!
    But I'm sure is an Alyssa's fan!!!!!
    I find it to be a good sign b/c AT LEAST you knowthat you're confusing people and confusing yourself in the process also Awww heck, I'm just trying to make it sound bettter by saying that its a good thing
    Lordy, now you're definately confusing me w/ the GYY concept

Alyssa is just presently engaged at the moment, the wedding is set for sometimes early next yr....but who know what surprises will happen rite? But her fiance sounds like such a sweetheart, and I wish her the best of luck and hope that she has found true happiness
    BTW, I found the article at a vietnamese site and someone translated it into English....
    Alec once said that Alyssa has a 'determind mind in a small body" and I find that to be very true
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 11-30-04 at 11:21 PM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)