Thread: HSDS Modern Twist

Default HSDS Modern Twist

I have an inspiration to write a story. The story is a mondern day adaptation of the HSDS, with a twist. The twist is that all the role are revise. What I mean is that, all the male characters in the original are now female and vise-versa. So now ZWJ is now a girl and ZM, ZZR, XC, CE are all guys. Since I never read the novel I will be basing the story on the adaptation. Mainly the 2003 version because it still fresh in my mind. For the sake of typing I was thinking keeping the original names and just have the reader imagin the opposite sex. What do you guys think? I was also wondering if I should plug in any real actor or actress like many fanfic have. If so who?

Advance Thanks for the help

won't it be weird that you have a very strong powerful girl Zhang Wu Ji whupping everyone else? Or you leaving out the part that Zhang Wu Ji is very strong since it's modern? Maybe the girl Zhang Wu Ji will be a very powerful career woman. But which guy (let alone 4 guys) will be able to accept a woman who is stronger than them? Well, i leave the fiction to you.

maybe you may want to twist the story in that the four girls are successful women while zwj is a conman. that is zwj loves all of them, i mean their money. of course, we will want him to end up finally with one girl. hehe.

I propose you add Yeung Kor to HSDS, so now there will be two handsome fighters. Make all the girls who loved ZWJ fall in love with the naughty YG. And include Carmen Lee as Little Dragon Girl. She falls in love with ZWJ.

I hate to be a jerk... but that is a horrible idea... well maybe I spoke to soon, not horrible, but with what you have described so far you have nothing. If you're going to modernize it you need to know in what fashion, do mean that these ladies are going to be doing Solar Stance while driving their BMW's. Or do you mean like some chick is going to find that her mother killed herself and blamed it on other corparations who were searching for her soroity sister who went into hiding. Later to rule rival corpartions...

If you do write it change the name, I'm sorry but if you don't give them a female name I going to start picturing WuSe as this big buff man who is awesome only to realize that WuSe wouldn't have metal buckets on her hands, it might chip a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchwacky
    I propose you add Yeung Kor to HSDS, so now there will be two handsome fighters. Make all the girls who loved ZWJ fall in love with the naughty YG. And include Carmen Lee as Little Dragon Girl. She falls in love with ZWJ.
    That's not gonna happen because all the roles are going to be reversed in wuxian's fanfic. So, if Yang Guo is going to be in the story he would be a drop dead gorgeous girl.

Cornsloth is right. You should definitely change the characters' names because it will be weird and confusing to read about females that have male names an vice-versa. Poor Zhao Min, Zhou Zhi Ruo, Xiao Zhao and Yin Li/Zhu Er. I bet they are often laughed at in school for having sissy names.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I bet they are often laughed at in school for having sissy names.
    Maybe that's why JY renamed Zhang Nianci as Zhang Wuji when he revised HSDS eons ago.

Go ahead and write it. I'll state my input after I'm done reading. Although, I would recommend not to swtich every character's gender as to not lose the effect.