Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Any news on that artistic film Vicki might be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by little_genus
    Want happen to Vicki? After that incident with the shirt thingy in Japan or something I'm not sure..I haven't seen her in any series. I'm missing her so much. The last series I saw of her was Romance In The Rain...so long ago. I'm so glad that people still loves Vicki Zhao!
    Vicki managed to survive the Japanese dress incident, no worries. But I still think that person who published that picture on the cover of a magazine is... That person was also the pregnant woman who claimed that Vicki ordered her chauffeur to beat her...

But yeah, Vicki's done lots more work since Romance in the Rain. In 2002 she did So Close w/ Shu Qi and Karen Mok. Then in 2003 she filmed four movies...Green Tea, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Jade Goddess of Mercy, and My Dream Girl. In 2004 she recorded Piao but didn't release any films/series that year. And in 2005 she played Yao Mulan in Moment in Peking and Qu Ran in A Time to Love.

And this year she's done The Longest Night in Shanghai with Dylan Guo (probably premiere in 2007), The Postmodern Life of My Aunt and Thank You for Loving Me.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

i guess romance in the rain was kind of her turning point for acting.

i loooved so close and a time to love!!

Well, before Romance in the Rain, she played a different kind of role in Shaolin Soccer...but yeah, Romance in the Rain showed how she could play another Qiong Yao character so well. I really liked her portrayal of Yiping...she gave the character so much depth.

Yeah, So Close was my fave Vicki movie until I saw A Time To Love. That was a remarkable movie...bittersweet, romantic, and touching. I loved the way they incorporated Romeo & Juliet into the plot, with them reading from it, rather than what most movies do, which is just rip off the same idea.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Vicki made lots of movie aftgr Romance In The Rain, but recently she filmed several TV drama .

Vicki handle the role of YiPing extremely well and it show case Vicki's versatile acting talent. It's definetly a turning point for her, and the same can be said for Vicki's acting in Moment in Peking and So Close, Jade Goddess, Green Tea as well as "A Time To Love" I can't wait to see her in "The Aunt's Postmodern Life" and "Longest Night in ShangHai"

I made this calender yesterday, not tha good but oh well...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.netfamily8787.com/img/uploaded/img2006-11-7-10329.jpg')
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

the calender's beautiful!! the pic on the right is kind of blurry though

Default happy b'day

Today is Vicki's mum's b'day~
    wish her a happy bday

Vicki's definitely a very versatile actress. She got a lot of fame from being the cute, innocent, and oblivious Xiao Yan Zi, but she hasn't done one of those roles ever since. I really respect her for trying these different kinds of roles, because it completes her as an actress.

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    the calender's beautiful!! the pic on the right is kind of blurry though
    Yea I agree, but it's definitely beautiful!

Happy b'day to Weiwei's mom! From what I've seen, they have a really strong relationship

Quote Originally Posted by SlAm~
    Today is Vicki's mum's b'day~
    wish her a happy bday
    it's vicki's mom's bday? happy bday then!!!

On Movember 9, 2006 Vicki make time to attend "Red Ribbon Aids Charity Event" Glad to see Vicki back in public function but seem like very selective on which one to attend ....asVicki is extremely busy with school.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.netfamily8787.com/img/uploaded/img2006-11-10-204233.jpg')

I think it's great the attention she's giving towards all these causes, esp. AIDS. It's really sad. Didn't she record "Lai De Ji De Ming Tian" for kids w/ AIDS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think it's great the attention she's giving towards all these causes, esp. AIDS. It's really sad. Didn't she record "Lai De Ji De Ming Tian" for kids w/ AIDS?
    Yes, Vicki is the official ambassador for Children AIDS Awareness

Um, can I ask about Green Tea...

I still not sure what happened at the end. Was the party-girl Vicki the same person as Fong? And what relevations did the guy come to at the end, leaving the party with party-girl, and then running around the hotel corridor...?

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    That's wonderful...what non-profit is she working with? UNICEF?

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Um, can I ask about Green Tea...

I still not sure what happened at the end. Was the party-girl Vicki the same person as Fong? And what relevations did the guy come to at the end, leaving the party with party-girl, and then running around the hotel corridor...?
    I thought that Wu Fang and Lang Lang were the same person...since at the final scene, Wu Fang takes off her glasses...

It's still a little mysterious, the whole Green Tea thing. I think you have to watch it a few times before it starts to click. It's a verrry artistic movie.

I thought it was great how Vicki got to play piano in Green Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I agree with ya. It's great to see that she's doing so much to get more people aware of AIDS and how others can help.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    great news . i like vicky but alot of news i dont know until joining this forum and you guys posted it.i cant undestand chinese.great to know that lots of vickys fan here,huh.keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Hey everyone, just some updates on how Vicki's doing lately:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/2006-11-03/10081312080.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2006-11-03/U1171P28T3D1312080F326DT20061103100833.jpg')

- Some info on "Guang": in an interview with Sina, Vicki commented that the artistic film will be directed by a 70-something-year-old director, and that when she first read the script, she couldn't understand it, so she decided to film it as a learning experience.

- As many of you know, she is going to Japan to film "Guang" but trying not to miss too much school...speaking of Japan and movies, I can't wait for The Longest Night in Shanghai to come out =)

- Vicki is studying directing to improve her acting ability by learning more about film, but she also says she might want to be an actress and director like Xu Jinglei someday. She feels it is part of the performance experience.

- When asked about marriage, Vicki said that she thinks it's strange that so many actresses nowadays are having children. She says she can't picture herself as a mother.

wow, i had to backlog about 6 pages. thank you for all the info. gosh, i dont really like her new bangs. haha but i love that pic you posted Sparky

One of the biggest difference between Vicki and other actress is that-Vicki tends to favor artistic movie with well develop character and challenging role. While other often appear in commercial movie, some as "flower vase' the girlfriend of this and that character, never a lead. I like Vicki's choice of movies and drama, as it definetly let her exlpore and showcase her acting skill

Recently Vicki is extremely busy, and low profile which is great for her, but definetly little unfortunate for us since we rarely saw her appear in public unless at big charaity events.

Yes, I agree...it's great how diverse her roles are, even in the series - Xiao Yan Zi's a completely different person from Yao Mulan. I think it's definitely a wonderful quality about her, and even though she may get criticism, she prefers the learning experience. However, it is true that one of the reasons she does these roles is because she doesn't need more popularity after HZGG -- she brings popularity to many of the films/series she stars in now, not the other way around. So yeah it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    wow, i had to backlog about 6 pages. thank you for all the info. gosh, i dont really like her new bangs. haha but i love that pic you posted Sparky
    Yeah, I kind of agree about the bangs...I think she looks good with bangs overall, but now she has too much bangs. Less is more hehe.