Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

ZhaoWei: Rumour irs very bothersome (Hunan Newspapaer Jan 29,2007)

Translation of Vicki's latest interview by me
    source:http://cn.ent.yahoo.com/070129/394/28wva.html

ZhaoWei, gad become graduate student at Beijing Acedemy for more than half a year. She is more mature and calm compare to before with books on hand, laughing and joking with others.

During her recent interview, ZhaoWei stated to be able to return to school is a luxury, not only able to learn many things but didn't delay the filming of her movie. Recently she just completed "The Aunt's Postmodern Life".

"I have passed gradaute exam with more than 90 percent"
    R=reporter
    ZW=ZhaoWei

R: As a star, suddenly return to school isn't a big loss?
    ZW:How so? I really want to return to school, and very happy to able to take the exam

R:I heard you did very well on your entrance exam
    ZW: Yes, I have recieved more than 90% on my exam

R: When in school you also did very well on exam
    ZW: Yes, mainly because I want to study, at the moment I belief studying is a lusury, everyday I don't have to face the pressure form work. All I have to worry about is studying, morever professor teach with no alternative motives. At the moment I'm very happy.

R:There are many new movie release at the moment, have you watch "Curse of Golden Armor"?
    ZW: Actually I haven't. When does I have time to watch new movie, as I soend most of my time watching classic black and white movie.

R:Have return to school cause any delay in your work? After return to school have you release many movie?
    ZW:After returning to school, I have film two movie "Longest Night In ShangHai" and "The Aunt's Postmodern Life"

(i will continue later..............)
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

thanks bio! is the forums at cinple.net no longer working?
    ---------
    Shellie

Default Translation!

If bio doesn't mind, I've decided to finish translating the article so everyone can read it. Thanks bio for posting the article by the way

记:又念书又拍戏,时间怎么会反而宽裕了?
    R: You are both studying and filming dramas, so how is your time actually becoming more abundant?

赵:我现在要念书,更有理由放弃很多不想做的工作啊。当然物质上会有些损失,但是无所谓啊,我从精神上补回 来更多。
    ZW: Right now I want to study, so I have more reasons to give up any work I do not want to do. Of course, financially there will be some losses, but it doesn't matter, since I feel that I have recovered even more mentally.

“骂街”特过瘾

记:一边读书一边演了两部电影,觉得跟过去比有提高么?觉得自己的表演加分了么?
    R: You are simulatneously studying and filming two movies, so would you say that there is some improvement? Do you feel that your performances have improved in rating?

赵:我怎么好给自己打分,留给观众打吧。不过自我感觉这两个角色都演得很过瘾的,尤其是在《姨妈的后现代生 活》里演斯琴高娃老师的女儿,特别爽。
    I cannot give myself a rating, so I'll leave it to the audience to rate. However, in my opinion, these two roles were both extremely satisfying, especially in "The Postmodern Life of My Aunt," portraying Teacher Siqin Gaowa's daughter was extremely invigorating.

记:怎么个爽法?
    R: How was it invigorating?

赵:就是我从来没有想过会演这样的角色,然后特别新鲜特别有趣的感觉。我这个角色从小妈妈就不管,很小我就 是一个人辛辛苦苦独立生活过来的,但是当妈妈生病时又想起我要我去照顾,要这要那的,我突然就爆发了,狠狠 骂了她一顿。她平时在一个小饭馆做厨师,你想女孩子做厨师,生活在社会底层,骂街的时候会是什么样子?她觉 得自己各方面条件都很好,但就是过得很不如意,然后对着母亲破口大骂。要知道我平时根本不是这个样子,我从 来没有骂过街。
    ZW: Because I never thought I would act in such a role, and afterwards I had an extremely fresh and interested feeling. In my role, the character has never gotten her mother's care since childhood, and since I [referring to her character] was small, I grew up on my own. But, once my mother is sick she wants me to take care of her, and she wants this and wants that, so I suddenly explode and harshly yell at her. Regularly, she [Vicki's character] is a chef in a small restaurant. You think, a girl working as a chef would definitely be in the lower social classes, so how would she shout on the streets? She thinks that her conditions are very good, but she is unsatisfied with her life, and then she yells at her mother. You have to keep in mind that normally I am not like this at all. I have never shouted on the streets.

记:所以内心隐藏着骂街的欲望,通过演戏真正发泄出来了?
    R: So inside your heart you've been hiding this urge to yell on the streets, and through filming this drama you've been able to let it out?

赵:哈哈哈……我没有骂街的欲望哦,我平时特别不会骂人,只是在戏里体验到一种很痛快很新鲜的感觉,不过小 朋友不要学啊,我们要讲礼貌。
    ZW: Hehehe.....I never had any urge to yell on the streets. Regularly, I don't yell at people, but in the drama I felt a kind of jolly and fresh feeling, but the little kids shouldn't learn from me, as we should be polite.

记:作为偶像明星你已经不惜牺牲形象“泼妇骂街”了,就是为了拿这个角色?
    R: As an idol celebrity, you have already - without regrets - given up your image to shout on the streets with vulgarity. Is all this just for this one character?

赵:不完全是,还有这个故事我很喜欢,许鞍华导演、发哥还有斯琴高娃老师都是我的好老师,虽然很可惜我跟发 哥没有对手戏,但是跟大家学到了很多东西。
    ZW: Not completely. Also, I really like this story, Ann Hui is directing it, Fa Ge [Chow Yun Fat, or Brother Fa] and Teacher Siqin Gaowa are both good teachers for me. Even though it is a pity I wasn't able to film any scenes together with Fa Ge, I have still learned a lot from everyone.

记:那现在你学导演,会不会在拍戏时更有自己的想法去跟导演沟通?
    R: Now that you are learning to become a director, are you going to communicate your own thoughts with the directors while filming series?

赵:我不会用自己的想法去过多影响导演,今后如果自己导演电影的话也不会在自己的戏里客串,否则很奇怪—— 自己拍戏来捧自己吗?好像没必要哦。
    ZW: I will not use my own thoughts to distract the director. If in the future I direct a drama then I would not guest star in my own drama, otherwise it would be very weird -- filming your own series to hold yourself? I don't think there's a need.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Default Translation continued --

谣言很无聊
    Rumours are nonsense

记:听说你在校园念书的时候还跟体育老师谈恋爱了?
    R: I heard that while studying at the school [Beijing Film Academy] you have had a relationship with the gym teacher?

赵:怎么可能!我这么说不是看不起体育老师啊,体育老师挺好的,可是我真的没有跟体育老师恋爱 啊!
    ZW: How is that possible! By saying this, I am not saying that I think gym teachers are below me, gym teachers are great, but I really never had a romance with a gym teacher!

记:那现在都没有在校园里谈一场恋爱么?
    R: So now you haven't had any relationships while at the school?

赵:哪里有啊,那些都是谣言,很无聊的。我现在安心念书拍戏,哪里还有功夫谈恋爱。
    ZW: How could I have any relationships. Those are all rumours, just nonsense. Right now I am peacefully studying and filming dramas, so why would I have the time and energy to have a relationship?

记:那么还有时间唱歌吗?你的上一张专辑很受欢迎吧?
    R: So then how do you still have time to sing? Wasn't your last CD compilation very well-received?

赵:是啊,我也觉得还不错,现在正在准备新专辑的事呢,顺利的话今年可以推出吧。
    ZW: Yes, I also thought it wasn't bad. Right now we are preparing to make a new album, and if everything runs smoothly it'll be released this year.

记:那就要东奔西走去做宣传了。会有什么地方不想去么,比如你曾经在湖南有不愉快的经历,就不会再愿意来湖 南了。
    R: Then you'll have to go around everywhere to announce it. Are there going to be any places you don't want to go? For example, you had some unpleasant experiences in Hunan, so would you be unwilling to go to Hunan?

赵:不会啊,我没有不愿意来湖南,如果需要一定会来的啊,过去的事情都过去了。
    ZW: No, I wouldn't be unwilling to go to Hunan. If I need to, I will definitely come. Everything in the past is already over.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

thanks!! when did she have this interview?

Oh thanks for translating the interview! I love her personality!

Thanks for translating the article bio and sparky. It's nice to know that she's planning to do another album soon. I can't wait to hear it.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    thanks!! when did she have this interview?
    Well, the article's dated 1-29-2007, so I'm assuming sometime around then?

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet (sorry in advance if anyone has, but I didn't see them), but Chen Rong posted some messages at Netfamily a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.zhaoweinetfamily.com/en/chenrong20070115-1
    Chen Rong Messages(15/01/2007)
    Hi all! First, I want to apologize! by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:13:03

Originally, today's afternoon was planned to record two TV programs, [Tian Xia Nuu Ren] and [Jin Wan], all having studios in Jun Bo. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:15:20

However, Wei was sick when she was promoting Yalu in He Fei and Wu Han. She started to have a fever yesterday. Since we thought that her condition will be bad today, we contacted the programs and expressed our wish we could postpone the recordings. It is until today that we can coordinate with them, so we are not able to inform you guys in time. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:19:28

I know it is difficult to ask for a vacation for many of you, really sorry. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:20:33

Right now, the programs hope that we record next week. I have to see Wei condition before confirming anything. I will inform you at that time. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:25:34

You guys don't have to worry much. A cold has its own cycle. Just have a good rest, and she will get well very soon. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:28:25

Yang Lan is so busy, going abroad next month, so it's hard to adjust the time. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:32:08

Right, [The Postmodern Life of My Aunt] will premiere in March, already confirmed. We will meet again at that time. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:42:08

Wei acted quite good, but it's a pity that her role is a small part. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:44:08

[The Longest Night in Shanghai] will be released in May. It is a very warm-hearted movie. I also like it. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:52:23

Must be really active for the first half of the year, because [Thank You for Having Loved Me] will also be shown around April. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:53:44

Your news is really quick. The ending is changed, a plot is deleted. There is no pregnancy and having a baby girl. It's the need for the censorial administrative. I think this is better. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 13:58:40

Really admire you guys, right, actually she needed to go to Japan to film [Light] last year, but there are some problems on the Japanese side. It is postponed, not yet having a fixed filming schedule. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 14:08:24

Actually, nothing. (We) still have a new movie, no hurry. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 14:14:54

The album must be released this year also, hopefully in summer. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 14:24:49

The title and ending songs of [Thank You for Having Loved Me] are sung by Wei. She had finished her recording, not bad. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 14:58:18

This year should be good. I am so looking forward too. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 15:33:04

Sorry! Cannot chat more! I have to go outside, 88. by Chen Rong on 15/01/2007 at 15:52:08

Translated by Wee at Netfamily

Wow I didn't know they changed so much about Thank You for Having Loved Me. I'm to hear it going to air soon. I can't wait to see it.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Is the series Thank u 4 having loved me released? I want to watch it, I think zhaowei is mature and attractive in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by oriental
    Is the series Thank u 4 having loved me released? I want to watch it, I think zhaowei is mature and attractive in this series.
    The series will be released in April

Thanks for completing the translation I was so busy, totally forget all about it.

Shellie, I think the foruma t cinple is completely shut down, but don't take my word on it

I can't wait to see her performance in "The Aunt's Postmodern Life " and upcoming movie and music album
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Quote Originally Posted by yogurtpo3
    looks like another thread needs to be started again...this is the fourth, fifth? hehe...I don't remember, but Vicki's still going strong!!! ^^

About the thread name...*shrug* pretty much typed in the first thing that came out of my head...so there... we're starting our own little kingdom in the spc forums!! Rise up Vicki Fans!!! (uh oh...I'm starting to sound like those patriots...)

Let's all get chitty chatting about "Wei Wei the Great" our "Victorious" leader then!!
    Basically...she rocks...

i can't wait to hear her new album and longest night in shanghai!!!!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

its been a long while since i last visited this page....i was so excited seeing Alec and Vicki together again....if only theyd do a series or movie together....but im guessing its a little too far-fetched, isnt it? the only thing i cant get off my mind is how perfect they looked together...sigh...
    thanx bio ans sparky for the contributions....your dedication to vicki has been a great help for us.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

boosting vicki back up....theres no news about her, is there? *looks around*
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

She's prob busy with school and work.

She has a new boysfriend, he is a pingpong player. He is very famous and rich, he won the golden medal on the last Olimpic. I dont have time to translate and dont know Chinese to translate. WHo can translate it? THis newspaper on sina, yesterday. This is Vicki's latest new.

wow she has a new bf dat good for her then... Can someone post up a picture of vicki bf i really want to see how he look like....