Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bio View Post
    Latest pictures from sohu/netfamily
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20070924/Img252324898.jpg')

i couldnt help thinking how much vicki resembles a friend's sister in that picture, and she's only 17!! (yep im talking bout youth here )
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 09-24-07 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terivicki View Post
    The title of the booklet is "FuWa", a generic or group name for the mascots of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics. They are cute little huggable characters. See and enjoy more detail and illustrations here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuwa (guarantee!)

Hehehe.... the green doll "Nini" is represented by a swallow (Xiao Yan Zi!) Nini's personality is innocent and joyous. (I would add naughty!)
    The element is wood (for spanking! XYZ got major spanking in HZGG!).
    CCTV will broadcast animation "Olympic Adventures of Fuwa" on October 1, 2007. Vicki not only sing the theme song "Messenger of Love" but she also dub for "BeiBei"
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

awww....i wish i could see it!!

look how gorgeous oure Vicki is in marie Claire magazine
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol i love the first pic. she's so cute!!

is that the cover for '17th anniversary, when muses and directors reunite?' there're 5 people there but i only recognize vicki and shu qi. who're the other 3?

Oh there is more hihi, On September 24th, Vicki also attend the same event in ShangHai, this time they give er a diamond necklace/pendant with series number of 20070626-mark the Vicki's first Music Video
    Attached Images Attached Images

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/britney30385/13-1.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    lol i love the first pic. she's so cute!!

is that the cover for '17th anniversary, when muses and directors reunite?' there're 5 people there but i only recognize vicki and shu qi. who're the other 3?
    i know the girl on the very right is Xu Jinglei

thanx kiropuppy.

so there's three muses there (vicki, shu qi and Xu Jinglei) and the other two is the directors, i assume? who's the one with vicki in the first picture? is vicki his muse?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2734/marieclairehm4.jpg')

From left to right: Vicki, Xu Jing Lei
    eight to left: Sylvia Chan(i think), Shu Qi, Xu Ann Hui (director of Jade Goddess)

The magazine: Marie Claire HK Version-October 2007 Issue

Yup, this issue feature woman directors and actresses. Vicki being an upcoming director herself, while Xu Jing Lei is both director and actress and the same for Sylvia Chan. Shu Qi have appeared in both Xu AnnHui and Sylvia Chan's movie. Perhaps this might spark a new project feturing these 3 leading actresses and directors

thanx for the info.

the one on the far left is Xu Ann Hui? so it's a female?

Quote Originally Posted by bio View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2734/marieclairehm4.jpg')
    I like both the girl's gray dress(on the right) and Vicky's red dress.

ahh.. vicki's expression is not really good in that marie claire cover ... it's very hard to have all good expressions when you take photo like this. unfortunately, our vicki is one of the not-good-one . they should have retake the pictures. hehe..

nice pics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sammothy View Post
    ahh.. vicki's expression is not really good in that marie claire cover ... it's very hard to have all good expressions when you take photo like this. unfortunately, our vicki is one of the not-good-one . they should have retake the pictures. hehe..

nice pics anyway.
    hahah... yup. she looks like she wasn't quite ready for the picture when they took it.

i actually think the gray dress is alright. i can't actually see the front of vicki's dress that well but it looks the style of both the dresses are pretty nice. the color choice is a little strange, but it's not ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    thanx for the info.

the one on the far left is Xu Ann Hui? so it's a female?
    yea i thought it was a guy at first glance too. until i saw the name.
    ---------
    Shellie

lol it was not first glance for me. I looked at her real hard before i put the 'his' in post #4329 my eyes tricked me!

Default BIG SISTER VIC : Vicki Zhao proves she's all grown up - really

BIG SISTER VIC
    Vicki Zhao proves she's all grown up - really

By Chang May Choon

September 28, 2007

VICKI Zhao Wei is best known as an actress turned singer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2007-09-27/NP_SHOWTIME_1_CURRENT_CHVICKI_LASTONE.jpg')
    (Left) Vicki with director Lin Jinhe on the set of Angel Suitcase in New Zealand and (below) shooting with Shinhwa hottie Jun Jin.
    But the doe-eyed Chinese beauty directing?

She started pursuing a master's degree in film directing at the prestigious Beijing Film Academy last year.

The rumour mill spun stories about her star fading, but the truth was that she had quietly turned down scripts and invitations to focus on her studies.

It was only after easing into her second year of the programme that she agreed to take on the highly-

anticipated John Woo epic, Battle Of The Red Cliff, in April.

And this year, Vicki finally got to practise what she has learnt.

She made her directorial debut in a music video for the title track of her new album, Angel Suitcase.

It was released in China early this month.

So, how does it feel being a director?

Vicki, 31, told The New Paper: 'You can experiment with all kinds of ideas and there's no limit. It's really a thrill.'

The video was shot in picturesque Queenstown in New Zealand in a week in June.

One evening, when she learnt there would be a fireworks display at a local celebration, she immediately took off with her crew.

'I was like, 'Forget about dinner, let's shoot first'. It's fireworks, how expensive is that? What a bonus!'

Vicki also spoke passionately about the concept behind the music video - a love story with a fantasy element.

'A lot of people don't understand it, but it doesn't matter. Just watch it a few more times,' she said.

'I have a few different concepts in there. It's like, one plus one equals two, but three minus one also equals two.

'One interpretation can be right, but another interpretation is also right.'

DIRECTOR V ACTOR

If Vicki the director had any complaints, it would be that Vicki the actress took way too long to summon her tears for a crying scene.

'I had to settle everything first and get all questions answered before telling the crew to give me a few moments to compose myself for the scene,' she said.

'But it's the slowest in history - more than 10 minutes!'

That's Vicki for you.

Her eye makeup was Goth - 'it's for the stage' - but the star herself was anything but.

Speaking to The New Paper at the Seoul World Cup Stadium while waiting for her turn to perform at the fourth Asia Song Festival last Saturday, she came across as genuinely warm, joking and laughing heartily.

She offered to make me coffee and even nicknamed me 'liu lang zhe' (wanderer in Mandarin), as I was the only reporter there who had no specific artiste to focus on.

Other regional scribes stuck with their country's performing artistes - Taiwan's A-mei, Japan's Mai Kuraki and Thailand's Golf & Mike - but there was no Singapore representative this year.

I had actually met Vicki the night before at a welcome dinner, and when she heard I was alone, she declared in a big sister voice: 'Then you must come with me.'

SCANDALS GALORE

Yet, despite her niceness, there's no denying that she is one of China's biggest scandal magnets, alongside Zhang Ziyi.

Soaring to fame as Little Swallow in the phenomenally-successful period drama My Fair Princess in 1997, Vicki is known to have both fanatical fans and harsh detractors who watch her every move.

The paparazzi also never fail to serve up more gossip on her romantic liaisons - even if she's mugging in school or holed up in the mountains filming.

She was photographed with national ping pong player Wang Liqin in February, but Vicki as usual kept her silence and low profile.

Even after emerging to promote her new album last month, all she would say during a TV talkshow about the romance was: 'Whatever is shot is shot, what's circulated is circulated, what's said is said.'

Now, with her new album winning praise from reviewers all over China, it seems Vicki is finally getting attention for the right reasons.

Guangzhou Daily News praised her vocal style, saying it has changed from 'innocent and cute' to 'trendy, individualistic and mature'.

Tom.com, a popular Chinese Net portal, said she has 'completed her transition' with this new 'trendy, varied, fresh' album.

The album is her third outing since making a conscientious effort to become a serious singer in 2004.

It is no mean feat for an established actress to make that switch, and the toughest part is shedding her inhibitions, said Vicki.

'When acting, I'd dare to cry and scream but, when it comes to singing, I'm hesitant to free my vocals because it makes me feel mushy.'

But she must have tried hard enough on her new album, which she recorded during filming breaks from Battle Of The Red Cliff over the past few months.

KOREAN LINK

There is a strong Korean element in the CD - the album visuals were shot in Korea by renowned photographer Cho Seon Hee, who has worked with A-listers like Bae Yong Joon.

Vicki also got to flirt with Korean star Jun Jin from boy band Shinhwa in her new music video Cha Cha Love.

Why him?

Vicki laughed and said: 'Because (the Shinhwa guys) always mention my name when they come to China, so my managers thought, since they like me, why not ask if they wanted to collaborate with me?'

Jun Jin flew to Shanghai in July, and they shot the video in a glitzy club.

'He's a great dancer,' gushed Vicki.

'I took two days to learn the moves but he did it in 10 minutes. I felt so depressed, but he was like, 'I've been dancing for more than 10 years already'.'

Want to see the video? Log on to Vicki's homepage at www.mymbox.cn.

But Vicki was less forthcoming on Battle Of The Red Cliff.

She said she was bound by a confidentiality clause in her contract.

All she offered was that it was 'too tough' to work on a project of such a massive scale, as well as cope with director Woo's demands.

Vicki said she works with about 1,000 cast and crew every day. This kind of scale is usually reserved for major scenes in smaller productions.

She described her role - Sun Shangxiang, the tomboyish younger sister of the great warlord Sun Quan - as an 'oddball' character who 'runs around' and mingles with everyone.

Uncannily, that sounds a little like Vicki in real life too

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/st...143194,00.html

Wow I'm so excited to see her as Sun Shangxiang!!!

An oddball of a character that mingles with everyone? Sounds like an interesting character to me!
    Glad that she eventually picked up the role too

real famous i say...^o^

I had actually met Vicki the night before at a welcome dinner, and when she heard I was alone, she declared in a big sister voice: 'Then you must come with me.'
    awwww...how sweet...haha...whoever alone will be with her! *raises my hand* lol

she's still the best for me you know....always...haha

i like her dress in marie claire but hers is different than the others..kinda like you can easily notice her and somehow it's good....but her smile....give it another shot! she is not prepared sir! lol
    would i rather know or not know? some say that what i do not know won't hurt me, but what if i know that i do not know something?

won't that hurt too?

New pictures from "Angel's Suitcase"
    source: netfamily

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo11.yupoo.com/20070928/153551_962408908_ughvlhqm.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo5.yupoo.com/20070928/153552_1612373741_yikndavi.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo5.yupoo.com/20070928/153553_722331256_oprjmiur.jpg')]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo11.yupoo.com/20070928/153554_1474925499_mumhhdoa.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo5.yupoo.com/20070928/153552_828320838_khefcade.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo5.yupoo.com/20070928/153553_564839747_ecirjnaa.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo5.yupoo.com/20070928/153553_241127386_jpqakloa.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo11.yupoo.com/20070928/153554_1791114136_pjesnwld.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo11.yupoo.com/20070928/153554_1093977480_rujesstz.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo11.yupoo.com/20070928/153552_1647641234_crsoritv.jpg')