Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

^AWWWW! They're such a cute couple! It's awesome that they're really good friends too. They would be so cute in real life...even though he's two years younger. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Melonie View Post
    ^AWWWW! They're such a cute couple! It's awesome that they're really good friends too. They would be so cute in real life...even though he's two years younger. lol
    Vicki was born in 1976, while HXM (was) in 1977...only on year younger more pictures from sina.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2008-07-07/U2519P28T3D2090477F326DT20080707044911.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/m/p/2008-07-07/U2519P28T3D2090478F326DT20080707045010.JPG')
    Last edited by bio; 07-07-08 at 12:38 AM.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

more pictures

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img001.photo.21cn.com/photos/album/20080707/o/8CCB27F579E029526A2BBD32B0A076FC.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.m1905.com/uploadfile/2008/7/7/07041932437.jpg')

presenting "Best Movie"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.m1905.com/uploadfile/2008/7/7/07025201907.jpg')

Backstage interview
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.m1905.com/uploadfile/2008/7/7/07041913463.jpg')
    Last edited by bio; 07-07-08 at 12:48 AM.

Haha! Well, I was just going on their ages now. Vicki was born in March, '76 and HXM was born in Dec, '77 so now Vicki is 32 and HXM is 30. lol

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.ce.cn/main/yy/yyxw/200807/07/W020080707246102043202.jpg')

she looks great! and what a cute dress! i think it would be more flattering still if the top was smooth instead of scrunched up.
    ---------
    Shellie

Default Marie France Bodyline add

source: netfamily

Pic's of Vicki in Marie France Bodyline advertisement!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mariefrance.com.cn/images/news/all/july.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mariefrance.com.cn/images/news/east/july.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mariefrance.com.cn/images/news/north/july.jpg')

I've never been impressed with her fashion sense but she's always an improving actress and surprises me each time. Very natural. I hope she learns good English one day and stars in a SUBSTANTIAL Hollywood role. It's nice to see her cross borders.

Anyway, here's a review for Red Cliff that gives HIGH PRAISE to her!

AP Review: John Woo restores credibility to Chinese epics with 'Red Cliff' (The Associated Press : July 8, 2008 )

HONG KONG: A true epic needs more than the grandeur of its landscapes, the lavishness of its sets and the sheer manpower of its battle scenes: It needs a truly epic story.

John Woo displays the crucial distinction in the magnificently told "Red Cliff," the Hong Kong director's triumphant return to Chinese film after 16 years in Hollywood.

Using old-fashioned good storytelling, "Red Cliff" restores credibility to the genre of Chinese historical epics that have often been tainted by pointlessly large-scaled and action-packed productions.

Woo is helped by a wealth of source material. "Red Cliff" is based on a storied historical period that has inspired video games and comic books — third-century prime minister Cao Cao's quest to unite a divided China.

But the director breathes new life into Cao and the colorful cast of characters that oppose him.

There's the ruthless and arrogant Cao, who dishes out beheading orders casually and lusts after the wife of one of the resistance fighters; his main rival, the avuncular Liu Bei, who despite Cao's invasion still finds time to weave grass shoes; Liu's pudgy and hotheaded lieutenant Zhang Fei, who never hesitates to speak his mind.

Liu's ally, Sun Quan, is a young ruler who struggles to find his confidence living under the shadow of his accomplished late brother and father.

Woo takes the time to introduce anecdotes that define each character. The epic battle scenes involving scores of extras and enhanced by special effects are still there — including a complex fight centered on a maze-like military formation — but most of "Red Cliff" is spent filling out the rich cast of characters.

The director is so keen on building an epic story that he even leaves the final showdown between the two sides to a second installment. "Red Cliff," which will be released in Asia this month, is the first part. The sequel will be released in December.

Woo's grand narrative justifies the two-parter. In "Red Cliff," he paints such a delightful ensemble of characters and sets up such a sharp contrast between the two opposing sides, bracing the audience for a titanic battle between Good and Evil in the sequel.

The outstanding storytelling and character building is reminiscent of "Star Wars." The story feels similarly epic; the characters similarly funky. Interestingly, the English subtitles cast Liu's side as the "rebels" and their opponents as the "empire" — the same terminology used in George Lucas' legendary sci-fi series.

And Woo injects humor and a modern sensibility into his characters, removing any feeling that these are outdated personalities hundreds of years old.

Japanese-Taiwanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro brings youthful playfulness and sarcasm to the role of Liu's famed military strategist, Zhuge Liang. At first glance, Kaneshiro lacks the gravitas to carry such an esteemed character in Chinese history, but he gives the character a unique, refreshing interpretation.

But the biggest surprise in the cast is Chinese actress Zhao Wei, who steals the show with her portrayal of Sun's spunky tomboy sister Sun Shangxiang, frustrated that her military ambitions are dismissed by the men around her.

With "Red Cliff," Woo shows he's still a masterful director to be reckoned with.

It's a feat made all the more outstanding by the difficulties he faced in the production. Two major stars — Chow Yun-fat and Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung Chiu-wai — dropped out at the last minute, although Leung later rejoined the cast. A stuntman died in an accident and torrential rains washed away part of an outdoor set in northern China.

It's unclear, however, if Woo's story can win over non-Asian audiences who are less familiar with the Chinese history. He is releasing a condensed, one-installment version in international markets. It remains to be seen if the abbreviated story will lose the character development and nuances that enabled "Red Cliff" to shine.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/08/...w-Red-Cliff.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    I've never been impressed with her fashion sense but she's always an improving actress and surprises me each time. Very natural. I hope she learns good English one day and stars in a SUBSTANTIAL Hollywood role. It's nice to see her cross borders.

Anyway, here's a review for Red Cliff that gives HIGH PRAISE to her!

AP Review: John Woo restores credibility to Chinese epics with 'Red Cliff' (The Associated Press : July 8, 2008 )

HONG KONG: A true epic needs more than the grandeur of its landscapes, the lavishness of its sets and the sheer manpower of its battle scenes: It needs a truly epic story.

John Woo displays the crucial distinction in the magnificently told "Red Cliff," the Hong Kong director's triumphant return to Chinese film after 16 years in Hollywood.

Using old-fashioned good storytelling, "Red Cliff" restores credibility to the genre of Chinese historical epics that have often been tainted by pointlessly large-scaled and action-packed productions.

Woo is helped by a wealth of source material. "Red Cliff" is based on a storied historical period that has inspired video games and comic books — third-century prime minister Cao Cao's quest to unite a divided China.

But the director breathes new life into Cao and the colorful cast of characters that oppose him.

There's the ruthless and arrogant Cao, who dishes out beheading orders casually and lusts after the wife of one of the resistance fighters; his main rival, the avuncular Liu Bei, who despite Cao's invasion still finds time to weave grass shoes; Liu's pudgy and hotheaded lieutenant Zhang Fei, who never hesitates to speak his mind.

Liu's ally, Sun Quan, is a young ruler who struggles to find his confidence living under the shadow of his accomplished late brother and father.

Woo takes the time to introduce anecdotes that define each character. The epic battle scenes involving scores of extras and enhanced by special effects are still there — including a complex fight centered on a maze-like military formation — but most of "Red Cliff" is spent filling out the rich cast of characters.

The director is so keen on building an epic story that he even leaves the final showdown between the two sides to a second installment. "Red Cliff," which will be released in Asia this month, is the first part. The sequel will be released in December.

Woo's grand narrative justifies the two-parter. In "Red Cliff," he paints such a delightful ensemble of characters and sets up such a sharp contrast between the two opposing sides, bracing the audience for a titanic battle between Good and Evil in the sequel.

The outstanding storytelling and character building is reminiscent of "Star Wars." The story feels similarly epic; the characters similarly funky. Interestingly, the English subtitles cast Liu's side as the "rebels" and their opponents as the "empire" — the same terminology used in George Lucas' legendary sci-fi series.

And Woo injects humor and a modern sensibility into his characters, removing any feeling that these are outdated personalities hundreds of years old.

Japanese-Taiwanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro brings youthful playfulness and sarcasm to the role of Liu's famed military strategist, Zhuge Liang. At first glance, Kaneshiro lacks the gravitas to carry such an esteemed character in Chinese history, but he gives the character a unique, refreshing interpretation.

But the biggest surprise in the cast is Chinese actress Zhao Wei, who steals the show with her portrayal of Sun's spunky tomboy sister Sun Shangxiang, frustrated that her military ambitions are dismissed by the men around her.

With "Red Cliff," Woo shows he's still a masterful director to be reckoned with.

It's a feat made all the more outstanding by the difficulties he faced in the production. Two major stars — Chow Yun-fat and Cannes best actor winner Tony Leung Chiu-wai — dropped out at the last minute, although Leung later rejoined the cast. A stuntman died in an accident and torrential rains washed away part of an outdoor set in northern China.

It's unclear, however, if Woo's story can win over non-Asian audiences who are less familiar with the Chinese history. He is releasing a condensed, one-installment version in international markets. It remains to be seen if the abbreviated story will lose the character development and nuances that enabled "Red Cliff" to shine.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/08/...w-Red-Cliff.php
    i just read that and can't wait to see her in that role. it seems to be very challenging.
    ---------
    Shellie

GO VICKI! She's great at portraying pretty much any role that you throw at her, and it's good that she knows her limits, unlike other actresses that I know of that think they can do it all and suck! Haha! I wish that more news of Painted Skin would come out.

Chi Bi is doing really well after it release, smashing box office record in China, HK and etc. There are lots of rave reviews for this movie, and lots of praises for Vicki potrayal of Sun Sun Shangxiang 80-90% of audience like this movie, and all anticipate part 2

Vicki's in Painted Skin

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.netfamily8787.com/images/uploaded/img2008-7-10-20368.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.netfamily8787.com/images/uploaded/img2008-7-10-203637.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.netfamily8787.com/images/uploaded/img2008-7-10-203653.jpg')

from zhaoweinetfamily.com

^WOW! Vicki looks so lady-like and mature dressed like that. I can't wait to watch Painted Skin!!!

news!~

I'm loving the pictures more and more. She's looking better ^-^
    I wanna watch Red Cliff soon. Aaaahhhh~ kdkd~

Huang XiaoMing and Vicki are better together hahahas
    would i rather know or not know? some say that what i do not know won't hurt me, but what if i know that i do not know something?

won't that hurt too?

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoddicted View Post
    news!~

I'm loving the pictures more and more. She's looking better ^-^
    I wanna watch Red Cliff soon. Aaaahhhh~ kdkd~

Huang XiaoMing and Vicki are better together hahahas
    I wanna see Painted Skin more. Haha!

But her and Huang Xiao Ming do look really good together...and he said that she was pretty and she said that he was really handsome now. *crosses fingers* I hope that she ends up with Huang Xiao Ming or Chen Kun!!!

Pretty much anyone but Alec Su. XD

Finally... Red Cliff is being shown in Indonesia!!! hohoho.. i can't wait to see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sammothy View Post
    Finally... Red Cliff is being shown in Indonesia!!! hohoho.. i can't wait to see this movie.
    Man, I have to wait for the second one to come out before I get one single movie! That's what I get for living in America. lol

Does anyone have ANY news on Painted Skin? Shouldn't the trailer come out any day now? Or would it be around next month?

Feel sorry for you.

This one is being shown right now is the first half for Asia. The second half will come out in december ( total length is 5 hours). But there's also an international version which runs for only 2 hours in total.

The reason why john woo made it this way is because Asian audiences are more familiar with romance of the three kingdoms story rather than western audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by sammothy View Post
    Feel sorry for you.

This one is being shown right now is the first half for Asia. The second half will come out in december ( total length is 5 hours). But there's also an international version which runs for only 2 hours in total.

The reason why john woo made it this way is because Asian audiences are more familiar with romance of the three kingdoms story rather than western audiences.
    I feel sorry for me too. But I hope that I can buy it online or maybe someone will upload it so that I can watch the full version!

For those of you that have seen it...is Vicki really good as Sun Shiaxiang?

Vicki is back to filming "A Woman's Epic" in Wuhu and from what reported, Vicki is not feeling well .On the bright side, Chi Bi is doing extremely across Asia, still the top box office film in China, HK, TW, South Korea, Singapore and this movie collects a total of 25 million U.S Dollars in 4 days. Chi Bi will screen in Malaysia this coming Thursday.