Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Thanks a lot, very informative
    be happy

Download video clip of Vicki at "AIDS" Awareness Concert
    http://oaablog.blog.ifensi.com/?op=ViewVideos

The clip which stated 12.1.06

It's not easy for Vicki to appear at this concert as she is extremely busy. CCTV news stated, Vicki rushed home after school, then immediately rush to scene to record for this program. No wonder she didn't make many appearances.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Wow she's quite busy with school nowadays...when's she going to start filming "Guang"? 2006 is coming to an end hehe...happy December.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Wow she is so busy lately, hope she has time to rest and do her schoolwork and I think it's sweet that she's taking time out from her busy life to make an appaerence for a good cause.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Thanks Sparky for giving me an update. Sorry about the delay in reply... have been so busy that I have no time to watch tv or surf the net for tv stuff. Computer is just for work purposes these days...

Anyway, to get back to Vicki talk... The Longest Night In Shanghai is a movie, yes? Is Thank you for Loving Me set in modern times or 1920s-1930s? I will definitely look out for it!

I heard long time ago she made some drama serial set in modern times, after/before Moment in Peking... Not sure what that is called. Has anyone seen it and is it worth watching?

Thanks foreva for the 2 websites on all her movies and series. I am now trying to find Fast Track Love. Was she in a major role? Was she good? Silly question... Of course she was good... But how good?!
    Last edited by bargainhunter; 12-03-06 at 05:32 AM.

hey i got a copy of fastr track love coz the 2 Xiao Yen ZI's are there n i like them both havent seen it yet though... i read somewhere that vicky's role wil be like a split-prsonality...dunno if thats true...im so excited! im sure she'l do a great job, and so wil ady

Quote Originally Posted by bargainhunter
    Anyway, to get back to Vicki talk... The Longest Night In Shanghai is a movie, yes? Is Thank you for Loving Me set in modern times or 1920s-1930s? I will definitely look out for it!
    Yes, The Longest Night in Shanghai is a movie...so excited to see Vicki working with Dylan (although unfortunately it looks like Vicki might end up with the Japanese actor)! Thank You for Loving Me is a modern series...apparently Vicki has three lovers in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    hey i got a copy of fastr track love coz the 2 Xiao Yen ZI's are there n i like them both havent seen it yet though... i read somewhere that vicky's role wil be like a split-prsonality...dunno if thats true...im so excited! im sure she'l do a great job, and so wil ady
    The 2 Xiao Yan Zi's? Oh wait...for a second I was thinking Huang Yi, who played Xiao Yan Zi in HZGG 3, but now I remember Ady's character was Xiao Yan Zi in The Outsiders hehe. Yes, I thought the casting was great, but between all the stuff I've been watching lately, I haven't gotten to it yet. I heard the ending is a sad one though.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

sad ending? but its ok, as long as its great i dont realy like huang yi... but ady n vicky are great

I watching Vicki for the first time in a movie called 'So Close'. The story is just a filler for the action scenes for the three ladies.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.tinypic.com/2qk14cz.jpg')

Karen Mok, Zhao Wei, Shu Qi

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I watching Vicki for the first time in a movie called 'So Close'. The story is just a filler for the action scenes for the three ladies.
    http://i14.tinypic.com/2qk14cz.jpg

Karen Mok, Zhao Wei, Shu Qi
    I loved the movie! It's so cool with all the slow motion stuff and the breaking glass and all the computer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    I loved the movie! It's so cool with all the slow motion stuff and the breaking glass and all the computer stuff.
    I liked the fight between Karen Mok and Shu Qi while Vicki and Karen's partner hold guns to each other's heads. Both well choreographed and humorous.

that is one good movie!

It was a good movie...a little lacking in depth, but still, watching three girls kick some serious butt for a couple hours is deifnitely my cup of tea.

Shu Qi and Karen Mok had very smart characters...Vicki's character...well, she proved herself at the end. Only movie where I liked Shu Qi, actually.

Karen and Vicki's samurai sword fight with the Japanese baddie was a bit over the top. It's hard to believe that the girls took so many cuts from bad guy's sword and they were only superficial.

but i liked that movie. I like how vicki could look so sexy and hot and could kick some serious butt! heheheh!

Can any of u tell me if Vicki has a Myspace? There must be like 10 Vicki Zhao on myspace (all with her profile ) so I just wanted if any of it is real.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Of course not.

Vicki doesn't have a blog let alone a myspace...otherwise they would be a link to it on netfamily. However, she does leave messages sometimes at 8787.

Quote Originally Posted by friends
    Can any of u tell me if Vicki has a Myspace? There must be like 10 Vicki Zhao on myspace (all with her profile ) so I just wanted if any of it is real.
    haha. my friend used to (this was like ages ago, back in 2002) have this email that made her out to be Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter and some people, incredibly, believed that she really was Daniel and was writing fanmails to her. anyway, off topic.

Somehow, I don't think Vicki would have Myspace. If she does ever blog, I think it'd be more likely to be on something like Sina. Alec, Ruby and Liu Tao all have a Sina blog.