Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Despite only playing the role of a supporting actor, Zhao Wei says hers is an interesting character, offering her great space to develop her performance.
    I love how Zhao Wei is always trying to improve her acting skills! She always chooses different roles.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Post "Battle of Red Cliff" Split in Two

"Battle of Red Cliff" Split in Two
    2007-02-12 21:31:37 CRIENGLISH.com

Asian moviegoers can expect to catch an exclusive version of John Woo's next big blockbuster "The Battle of Red Cliff," which is set to release in two segments.

Beijing Youth Daily reported Patrick Wachsberger, president and CEO of Summit Entertainment which holds the film's rights outside Asia and North America, revealed the possibility of two editions.

Producer Terence Chang explained the film is based on events during the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China, which is well known among Asian audiences. He said there is "too much difficulty to condense all the stuff into two hours" and splitting the film will "allow more room for character development."

Each part will last two hours, making the Asian version a four-hour epic, while the release outside Asia will be two and a half hours.

The project was reported to have just secured more investment to a total of US$75 million.

Veteran actors Chow Yun-Fat and Tony Leung are among the star-studded cast.

The film is scheduled to start shooting in March, with the first episode being screened next summer and the second in late 2008.
    http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/02/12/[email protected]
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i just read the article moments before bio posted it here...bio, you're one hardcore news stalker, girl!
    Am so excited to know that the movie will span up to 4 hours...how cool is that? My expectation is high in Chow Yun fatt, right after seeing his excellent performance in Curse of Golden Flower. Im expecting real hardcore kungfu moves on this one, even if Vicki doesnt have much screen time (though i hope she'd be all over the 4-h, have to keep in mind she's still a supporting cast), im hoping the rest of the sword action will keep me edged on my seat.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

oh... that sounds very interesting. I wonder if there is going to be a lot of vicki fighting scenes because i really want to see her in action!

i don't understand. when they say split in two, does that mean there will be something like a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    i don't understand. when they say split in two, does that mean there will be something like a sequel?
    i think one of the reasons is because it'll be too long to show at the theaters or any other competitions the movie might enter in, just like seven swords, the movie. i read that the original before they slim it down to about 2 1/2 hours was also 4 hours.

now for me, i'll love to get my hands on the 4 hours version.
    ---------
    Shellie

The movie sounds interesting. And I'm glad they're spliting the movie into 2 part, because there is no way I could through a 4 hour movie.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Like shellie, I love to get my hand on the full version, but I hope the full version can be show at major theater in separeated part

As a persent for her fans at Netfamily, Vicki make an appearance online, welcoming Lunar Year with all of her fans.
    Last edited by bio; 02-18-07 at 02:46 AM.

above pic is not vicki zhao

that sohu site title is "赵薇模仿秀" (copy of zhaowei)
    that pic is the girl who look like vicki zhao. she posted her pic in her blog.

that's so not vicki...

Quote Originally Posted by bio

com'on bio, I thought that you knew vicki better. This isn't vicki.

whoa.. that does NOT look like vicki at all. you sure it's her?

With better make up and professional photographers, I think she'd look better than Vicki. I'm guessing this girl is younger than Vicki by a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    With better make up and professional photographers, I think she'd look better than Vicki. I'm guessing this girl is younger than Vicki by a couple of years.
    i don't think ANY of those photos are of vicki, although i do admit she definitely bears a resemblance.

anyone else?
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    i don't think ANY of those photos are of vicki, although i do admit she definitely bears a resemblance.

anyone else?

Those pictures are NOT Vicki. I saw those at Sohu too, almost posted it.

if yo ulook at these, some of the pictures are vicki
    http://amysnow1026.blog.sohu.com/
    anyway, my mistake then

i think the girl was just trying to do some vicki poses and look like Vicki. Can't blame a fan for trying to look like her idol! But she's not vicki. never! heheheh!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow...vicki lookalike...but i must say, tho the resemblance is there, one can tell by first glance those pictures arent vicki's......
    the angle of the fifth pic had the most resemblance to vicki, but the forth (same cap and same shirt, same ring) definitely doesnt look like her....it's just the angle of which the photographer took the shot....one might get fooled, but for us, the fans, we can definitely see it's not her....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by kennyx
    i think the girl was just trying to do some vicki poses and look like Vicki. Can't blame a fan for trying to look like her idol! But she's not vicki. never! heheheh!
    but i think she might be vicki.... maybe but at least they look very alike. she still has the big beautiful eyes and the mouth and nose, but the fashion isnt that good... those jeans are almost right under her belly button
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

so what??
    she is just not vicki, if you are a real fan you can see it..
    but the 5th looks like vicki