Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei

  1. #5381
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I kind of like Alyssa, too. At least I watch 2 of her productions: Yi Tian Tu Long Ji (aka. The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre) and The 100th Bride. The 100th Bride has an interesting plot, a bit off the wall near the end, a bit sad.

    Anyway, so did HZGG II, more off the wall - there were a liitle bit of love, a little bit of nutziness (my brother just said: Vicki was totally nuts in this one), a little bit of comedy and a bit of tear.

    My personal favorite is still HZGG I. Cousin Ji Xiang has a conflicting story, but I still love to watch AV, just minus most of the cast.

    I also like So Close, A Time to Love and the newer movies. Vicki is definitely getting better - with vintage acting.

  2. #5382
    Senior Member *aLySsA4eVa*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terivicki View Post
    I kind of like Alyssa, too. At least I watch 2 of her productions: Yi Tian Tu Long Ji (aka. The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre) and The 100th Bride. The 100th Bride has an interesting plot, a bit off the wall near the end, a bit sad.

    Anyway, so did HZGG II, more off the wall - there were a liitle bit of love, a little bit of nutziness (my brother just said: Vicki was totally nuts in this one), a little bit of comedy and a bit of tear.

    My personal favorite is still HZGG I. Cousin Ji Xiang has a conflicting story, but I still love to watch AV, just minus most of the cast.

    I also like So Close, A Time to Love and the newer movies. Vicki is definitely getting better - with vintage acting.
    i rewatched HZGG 1 and 2 and met a few people who felt that the producers got a bit too carried away with the character actually! in HZGG 2 XYZ was sooo rash and crazy in some of the scenes! She's always doing something she knows will get her into trouble! Oh well. the story would have been boring without her crazy antics anyway.

    Sorry got to disagree with you on AV. Somehow i dont like the two of them together anymore. sure they were a great pair in HZGG but omg, their love parts were soo cheesy. and the kiss scenes, do i hear an 'awkward'? though er kang and ziwei ones were abit worse, but i skipped all the love scenes lol goosebumps. anyway on AV outside HZGG, Vicki has progressed so much in her career that i feel they are in totally diff leagues right now. in real life, i dont really see the spark in them. i dont like ruby lin, but i feel that Alec and ruby are much closer in real life. there was this talk show which alec called ruby lin when he could have called any female friends. it isnt much of anything, but it jsut gave the feeling that they are much closer in real life. I prefer, not say like, vicki with hxm actually. but if you were to ask me who i like vicki to be with, i would say i havent seen anyone with her yet.

  3. #5383
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa* View Post
    I prefer, not say like, vicki with hxm actually. but if you were to ask me who i like vicki to be with, i would say i havent seen anyone with her yet.
    really? i dont really think vicki and HXM are compatible. they dont look good together. he's too hot for her


  4. #5384
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    True. AV is somewhat of a passe. They had the chemistry then. Anyhow, I would prefer to see Vicki teaming up with Takeshi K more often. Chi Bi is somewhat a good start, but not quite direct enough. HXM would do, too. I prefer HXM more than Chen Kun. Eh, heck, let's take on both of them. Hail to the 3 Musketeers!
    Last edited by Terivicki; 03-24-09 at 12:06 PM.

  5. #5385
    Senior Member DEGE999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    353

    Default News

    Credit: zhao wei net family

    READ about Hu Jun's role in Vicki's Mulan.
    http://www.netfamily8787.com/index.php?id=18400

    General news:

    1) ZW will be the new spokesperson for Kanebo Aqua cosmetics (Japan's 2nd largest and most popular cosmetics). She will replace Karena Lam and Norika Fujiwara.
    2) Hu Jun will play the villain in Mulan.
    3) ZW is almost done with her upcoming music album. She is recording a new song, Mulan Scent.
    4) ZW was expected to release music album after Mulan but she just agreed to be in Daniel Lee Yan Kong's new upcoming HK production movie. It's going to be an ancient movie. He's the director of Three Kingdom: Resurrection of the Dragon.
    5) Recently shot a new ad which will broadcast in April.
    Last edited by DEGE999; 03-25-09 at 03:04 AM. Reason: No reposting of pictures from ZW family net or articles translated. Copy infringement. This is 2nd warning.

  6. #5386
    Senior Member DEGE999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I personally loved AV back in HZGG I because it was a great match for that particular drama.
    I never expect or anticipate Alec and Vicki to hook up in real life because I don't think they fit. I would like a Vicki and Chen Kun hookup. Totally cute. Both of them are reserved and private people. I also don't see anything with Vicki and HXM, they are just good friends.

  7. #5387
    Member Lianazhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ask me again later
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I just want to say three quick things.

    1) I am looking forwards to the live action version of Mulan, personally I kept thinking "why didn't Disney maske Mulan live action to begin with like they did POTC?" But then seeing on Wiki and also here that Vicki got cast in the Live Action version made me do some looking, who's producing it? What film company at least? Does it have any ties to WDC or am I off base?

    2) like I said above I'm looking forwards to it, Vicki has a lot to put forth because Mulan is a really neat character (my number one all time favorite disney character with Mushu as number two!) Though I am looking forwards toit, I'm sure Vicki will do a very good job as Mulan, I saw her in The Duel and basically fell in love with that movie because of her and Nick (Dragon 9) They got along so well!

    3) as stated in the above two points a small thing here which is (I hope) not offending anyone that likes Vickis acting and she as a person. I am looking forwards to this movie, only personally pseaking, I see Shui Ling or Li Bingbing as Mulan, I'm not sure why though. But again, That is just me speaking and I am quite sure Vicki will be great inthis movie nomatter what role she is given or has to do. Somehow I like it when a actress has to get bada** in a movie just to survive or the like. (one of the reasons I liked Mulan from the start!)

    Question however; Is Mushu mentioned anywhere to also be in this film? Or is he only in the Dinsey version?
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

  8. #5388
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    who's producing it? What film company at least? Does it have any ties to WDC or am I off base?
    production company is Beijing Starlight International Media. no ties to wdc.
    and Jing Ma is director of this movie.

  9. #5389
    Member Lianazhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ask me again later
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junkrat View Post
    production company is Beijing Starlight International Media. no ties to wdc.
    and Jing Ma is director of this movie.
    I see, thanks, what about Mushu, is he to make an appearance?

    Hmmm, SIM you say? What other movies had I seen from that group.... No matter, either way I'm looking forwards to this movie, do we know yet when it is to come to theatres?
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

  10. #5390
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    I just want to say three quick things.
    :
    :
    Question however; Is Mushu mentioned anywhere to also be in this film? Or is he only in the Dinsey version?
    Hahaha.... your "3 quick things" are more and longer than my postings for months. (jk )

    Mushu was never mentioned in any story books I read about Hua Mulan. It was an add-on by Disney. I quess the subject matter was quite serious. Therefore, Disney added some ancestrial comedies to liven up the production. Or...maybe Eddie Murphy needed a job then. I doubt Mushu will show up in this Mulan movie.

    BTW, the Disney animated version involved voices from several stars of Asian-descend. Of course, the upcoming Mulan movie will cast 99% Chinese actoresses (my new term for actors and actresses). Yes, Mushu would agree with this one!
    Last edited by Terivicki; 03-25-09 at 10:34 AM.

  11. #5391
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    I see, thanks, what about Mushu, is he to make an appearance?
    i doubt mushu will be in it, as disney's version of mulan is pretty different than the original chinese version. i think i remember something about china not liking/wanting the film to be aired in china when it first came out because it was so different from the original chinese story.


  12. #5392
    Senior Member *aLySsA4eVa*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Yea Vicki and Takashi lol! i dont mine the two of them together. they look good and he's hot anyone up for edison and vicki? pls dont kill me but i think they would look good together as well!

    to ChineseChik125: NONONO!! I insist they are compatible. it should be HXM's honour instead

    to DEGE999: Actually i feel the totally opp way from you. yes chen kun and vicki may be shy and reserved but i kind of feel they are jsut good friends tt's all. i even saw in an interview of them together where chen kun just openly said he wouldnt like someone like vicki as his gf right in front of her and she just laughed and insisted that guys like her personality. somehow i feel that they can never be a couple, but for HXM, there is always some intimacy going on between them lol though i believe the chances are slim.

    Shui Ling as Huamulan would be great as well, but i think ZW has a tougher look to her which suits the character.

    to lianazhu: No mushu would not be in this movie. however, there would be replacements. if im not wrong there would be two guys who kind of follow mulan around in the show, just like mushu, one of them being jackie chan's son. they kind of act as the comedic roles of mushu i believe.

  13. #5393
    Senior Member DEGE999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    I just want to say three quick things.

    3) I am looking forwards to this movie, only personally pseaking, I see Shui Ling or Li Bingbing as Mulan, I'm not sure why though. But again, That is just me speaking and I am quite sure Vicki will be great inthis movie nomatter what role she is given or has to do. Somehow I like it when a actress has to get bada** in a movie just to survive or the like. (one of the reasons I liked Mulan from the start!)

    Question however; Is Mushu mentioned anywhere to also be in this film? Or is he only in the Dinsey version?
    You know I would not cast Shu Ling as Hua Mulan because she's too gentle. Mulan has to be a girl who is strong will, stubborn, mischievous, brave but also rightous and reflective, a role that is familiar for Vicki. I always see Shu Ling as the girly type, very gentle, maiden-like, and virtuous so I didn't even consider her for the role.
    I am a great fan of LBB but somehow I don't see this role for her. However, if she was casted for this role I definitely see potential.

    aLySsA4eVa: I understand your perspective on Vicki and Chen Kun. They do look like just great friends. But we can still hope right? hehehe.

  14. #5394
    Member Lianazhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ask me again later
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terivicki View Post
    Hahaha.... your "3 quick things" are more and longer than my postings for months. (jk )

    Mushu was never mentioned in any story books I read about Hua Mulan. It was an add-on by Disney. I quess the subject matter was quite serious. Therefore, Disney added some ancestrial comedies to liven up the production. Or...maybe Eddie Murphy needed a job then. I doubt Mushu will show up in this Mulan movie.

    BTW, the Disney animated version involved voices from several stars of Asian-descend. Of course, the upcoming Mulan movie will cast 99% Chinese actoresses (my new term for actors and actresses). Yes, Mushu would agree with this one!
    Who knows for sure then, though still I look forwards to seeing it (also you're welcome and thanks for the compliment, some people say I get long winded)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i doubt mushu will be in it, as disney's version of mulan is pretty different than the original chinese version. i think i remember something about china not liking/wanting the film to be aired in china when it first came out because it was so different from the original chinese story.
    I recall reading that Mulan (WDC) was to be relased in China, but there was a small setback because of Chinese New Year, so China asked that they push back the release date until after the holiday passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEGE999 View Post
    You know I would not cast Shu Ling as Hua Mulan because she's too gentle. Mulan has to be a girl who is strong will, stubborn, mischievous, brave but also rightous and reflective, a role that is familiar for Vicki. I always see Shu Ling as the girly type, very gentle, maiden-like, and virtuous so I didn't even consider her for the role.

    I am a great fan of LBB but somehow I don't see this role for her. However, if she was casted for this role I definitely see potential.
    Did you see TWHM yet DEGE? Shui Ling played the lead female role, that pretty much locked her as a actress playing a good hard bad girl role. But then it was my personal thought that mostly because of her swordskill from that series and her looks, she might have been able to pull it off pretty well. LBB though, from her scenes in TFK, knows albiet very little swordfighting, but plenty of horseriding.

    I think it is just me though on who should play Mulan, Vicik is a great actress, saw her in The Duel and pretty much watched the movie 42 times in a row I couldn't get enough of it, I still look forwards to this movie though. Do we know when it is released?
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

  15. #5395
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEGE999 View Post
    Credit: zhao wei net family
    1) ZW will be the new spokesperson for Kanebo Aqua cosmetics (Japan's 2nd largest and most popular cosmetics). She will replace Karena Lam and Norika Fujiwara.
    FYI :
    Norika still spokeperson for Kanebo itself in Japan since 2001. She never replaced at all.

    Kanebo has lots of product under their branch.
    Aqua(雅呵雅) is the product brand only for China. It's one of the Kanebo's product developed for China market. So, Aqua signed with Chinese female star since it is the product only for china.

    Aqua signed with Karena Lam before, now changed the spokeperson. Vicki's ad will out in China and other asian countries(don't have Aqua brand) has other kanebo product's own spokeperson. No need to mention Norika can't be replaced because she never involved with Aqua.

    For Lianazhu's last question
    I read the one chinese news, and it said this movie out in end of this year. But nothig confirmed yet. As we know, it still on filming.
    Last edited by junkrat; 03-25-09 at 08:56 PM.

  16. #5396
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i doubt mushu will be in it, as disney's version of mulan is pretty different than the original chinese version. i think i remember something about china not liking/wanting the film to be aired in china when it first came out because it was so different from the original chinese story.
    Now, I remember a bit of news read from my mom that some Chinese-speaking folks deemed that Mushu could be a sarcastic name, 'coz it's like teasing with the Chinese-American menu, such as Moo-shoo-gai-pan or moo-shoo pork. Since Mushu is meant to relate to Chinese ancestry, it could be offensive to poke fun of Chinese ancestry with Mushu.

    I didn't know better then, 'coz I was still sucking my thumb.

  17. #5397
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terivicki View Post
    Now, I remember a bit of news read from my mom that some Chinese-speaking folks deemed that Mushu could be a sarcastic name, 'coz it's like teasing with the Chinese-American menu, such as Moo-shoo-gai-pan or moo-shoo pork. Since Mushu is meant to relate to Chinese ancestry, it could be offensive to poke fun of Chinese ancestry with Mushu.

    I didn't know better then, 'coz I was still sucking my thumb.
    haha me too! i barely remember anything. i was so young...


  18. #5398
    Senior Member DEGE999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junkrat View Post
    FYI :
    Norika still spokeperson for Kanebo itself in Japan since 2001. She never replaced at all.

    Kanebo has lots of product under their branch.
    Aqua(雅呵雅) is the product brand only for China. It's one of the Kanebo's product developed for China market. So, Aqua signed with Chinese female star since it is the product only for china.

    Aqua signed with Karena Lam before, now changed the spokeperson. Vicki's ad will out in China and other asian countries(don't have Aqua brand) has other kanebo product's own spokeperson. No need to mention Norika can't be replaced because she never involved with Aqua.
    junkrat: Thanks for the clarification. I don't know anything about Japanese cosmetics but that was what reported so I went by what was reported.

    Lianazhu: I don't have a problem with Shu Ling's swordskills, it's just for me she excels better and stand out more in roles like in The Last Concubine and Eighteen Spring (Ban Sheng Yuan). In Eighteen Spring I skipped all the other parts just to watch her scenes. I just prefer her in those roles.

    So the new movie Vicki will be in is directed by Daniel Lee, it's an ancient/period movie, and casts include Aaron Kwok, Donnie Yuen and many more stars. Production starts in May. The title is 锦衣卫 (I don't know how to translation this). If anyone has time please translation the article, it has a summary about this new movie. Thanks
    http://ent.163.com/09/0326/09/55AQGE1T00032DGD.html

  19. #5399
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Here is my scoop of the translation (I tried):

    March 26, 2009

    Recently, reporters learned from Zhao Wei's manager Chen Rong that "Hua Mu Lan" has been filming at an intense stage. Meanwhile, Zhao Wei already accepted another ancient/period production, to be directed by Hong Kong director Daniel Lee Yan-Kong. Regarding details to this production, Chen Rong is not willing to disclose, but reporters found that Lee will begin shooting in May. The new production is entitled 锦衣卫 (Brocade Uniformed Guards or Imperial Guards?). The cast is consisted of stars like Aaron Kwok, Vicki Zhao Wei, and Donnie Yen.

    Manager Chen pointed out that “Hua Mu Lan” is about 1/3 completed. She’s looking forward to the filming of the new production beginning in May. Therefore, after the completion of “Hua Mu Lan”, Vicki will not be able to have a break. Chen will not disclose more details, but through the new photo advertisement, it should be a startling colorful performance. Vicki's busy schedule will definitely delay the delivery of the new CD.

    This new production is about a Ming Dynasty imperial guard called 青龙 (Green Dragon). He discovers that other imperial guards have been murdering loyal officials and plotting for a rebellion. Therefore, he collaborates with loyalists to stop the rebellion.

    (Author: Xie Peisong. Edits: Zhang Chao. Article originates: www.gog.com.cn)
    Last edited by Terivicki; 03-27-09 at 05:16 PM.

  20. #5400
    Senior Member amen73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    377

    Default






Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-26-08, 01:36 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-08, 12:56 AM
  3. [UPCOMING]Fast track Love, Lu Yi, Vicki Zhao, Ady An, Lee Wei
    By chelsea_fan in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-09-08, 12:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts