Page 57 of 280 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 5600

Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Ya...unfortunately I don't owe it yet...but i've been working on my Dad for it, and it says if it's reasonably priced, he'll get the dvd sets for me!! ^^ So I'm going out in the arvo today and checking out the price of it! ^^ (fingers crossed)

Watching it on tv is cool, but I totally wish I has a fast-forwarding button so I can skip all the crappy stuff without Xiao Yan Zi or Yong Qi (namely...er kang and zi wei...they're sooo corny *vomit vomit*)
    I LOVE AV pics too!! ^^ I mean, seriously, to have finished working together for soooo long and still have a big bunch of fans, fanfics and fansites dedicated to the two, AV is totally a legend!! ^^ I can see it...fifty years down the track...and our GRANDCHILDREN can be talking about HZGG and AV!!! Muahahahahahahha...^^

Tina, Warriors was released in the US on limited release...it didn't do so well at the box office (well...one thing, it wasn't really promoted, and secondly, it wasn't even shown nation wide!!) I hate how all of Vicki's films get put on limited release...soooo not fair!!
    smile!^_^
    ...and if you felt happy for that small second, wasn't it worth it!

I guess that's why I didn't see it. I didn't hear anything about it, and I doubt it played in my town. That annoys me too.

But you're right. Shaolin Soccer, So Close, and Warriors were all limited and not promoted. And then look at Hero, CTHD, and House of Flying Daggers. *sighs* So depressing.

If they're going to go to the effort to release any Chinese film, might as well do a good job of promoting it.

And I wish they could stop releasing on "wuxia" films...or films that involve strong martial arts; there are a lot of movies out there without that stuff. And people wonder why Americans think Chinese movies are all about kungfu...-_-;;
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

...And the worst thing with these modern "wuxia" films is that the kung-fu is ridiculous. Like in Flying Daggers, bamboos and daggers were flying like they had eyes IMHO they try too hard.

I'm surprised 'So Close' wasn't promoted more, it seemed to me like it was filmed mainly for Hollywood audiences. All the hair flying and chicks beating up bad guys...as for Warriors, to be honest, I think it'll appeal to a much smaller circle of people than stuff like CTHD and HoFD.

Warriors is more artistically orientated than the other two you mentioned...but I seriously thought Americans would have digged So Close were it properly promoted and released widely...^^
    smile!^_^

I agree, it would've blown Charlie's Angels out of the water
    "Surely you and I are beyond speaking when words are clearly not enough." Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park

School of Zhao Wei

Yeah, me too, seeing as So Close was just Charlie's Angels with more...gadgets and whatnot.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

the following pictures are extract from CCTV special feature of behind the scene of Moment in Peking (filming almost complete)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cctv.com/program/ystqs/20050222/images/100807_5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cctv.com/program/ystqs/20050222/images/100807_22.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cctv.com/program/ystqs/20050222/images/100807_44.jpg')

screen capturs of behind the scene
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.bighosting.net/sz31250.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.bighosting.net/yq31257.jpg')

And these are scene from the drama
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.bighosting.net/ov31245.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.bighosting.net/eu31256.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.bighosting.net/en31230.jpg')

pictures courtesy of netfamily/vickizhao discussion forum
    --------

i'm not sure if Vicki will or will not appear in "wuxia/martial" art movie in the future, but one thing you can expect from Vicki is more artsitc movies/drama, and wide range of characters.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLilAngel
    Yeah, me too, seeing as So Close was just Charlie's Angels with more...gadgets and whatnot.
    And much cuter, better looking women...well, Vicki anyways...ehhehehehehe ^^ Actually, I think Shu Qi looked quite good in the movie...prettier than usual for some strange reason...:P I usually find her annoying in other films, but in So Close, I quite liked her...^^
    smile!^_^

aww shes so prettty =) i really wanna see ALEC & VICKI together again tho! it would be awesome wouldnt it? =) haha anywhoo i ALWAYS SEE the pic of Alec & vicki kissing in the magazine or something! were they ever dating?! like in real life forreals?!

They never dated...when they were filming together, Vicki still had her old boyfriend. I think in some articles there were rumours that Alec admitted he had a crush on Vicki, but since Vicki was at that moment an unavailable girl, nothing was able to happen...
    Plus Vicki said that she knew Alec too well as a friend to have him as a bf.

Dreaming now...heheh...since they haven't worked together for a while, they've both changed now...ehhehehehe...so if they met again...ehhehehe...
    smile!^_^

i will always have this dreams about Vicky and Alec.. I hope they will meet someday just to reveal all their old memories or to act in a series.. seriously, they havent meet with each other since.. err QSSYMM??

I hope they will pair up in a series.. hahaha.. that would be my dream to have Vicky and Alec date each other..
    Last edited by h3artl3ss_; 02-24-05 at 05:39 AM.

I'm not much of an AV fan [not anymore!] but I would like to see them acting together again, simply for the amazing chemistry I can safely say I haven't seen a better on-screen couple than AV in OHHJ. But in real life, I guess...sigh, there're those guys whom you will date, and those whom you won't date. Maybe Vicki's feelings for Alec is the latter?
    "Surely you and I are beyond speaking when words are clearly not enough." Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park

School of Zhao Wei

Wink Cute Vicki

Wow! Vicki looks so different there. She was 22/23 ish then?

Vicki shape face has changed so much in that pic! (The pic with the tanned dude, He shuan is it?)

She looks so young for her age.

I agree that Vicki should widen her horizons, by working with other male actors. I think I would get bored if Vicki acted with the same guys in all of the films!

Vicki does have great chemistry with the actors, do you think she has the same chemistry when she's working with female actors?

I usually rewatch HZGG 1 & 2 and its so funny. Vicki does look like an (and I qoute) 'an oversized 8 year old'. She has this round face and round eyes and she looks like a doll. How can anyone be that cute?

I read somewhere that Qiong Yao and Vicki had a bad relationship. How comes she gave a good comment about Vicki?

Yayy!!! I finally got HZGG 1 and 2 DVDs!!! I am so estactic...I'm like over the moon right now!!!

Hehe...cute cute "oversized eight year old* she was too! ^^ Even all my friends who hadn't seen her before saw a pic of Xiao Yan Zi and were like "she is so cute! She looks like a little kid!"
    hehehehe...^^ And to think Vicki was 21/22 at the time...golly, I'm not even that old and I sure look older than Xiao yan Zi...
    I realised I really hate it when they put on excessive mascara, and the actresses eyelashes look like they're all sticky up and straight, but Vicki always looked so natural and long and doll like...kehehehe...^^ Soooooooooooo cute!

Vicki sure looks different now, more beautiful, and still cute nonetheless!! ^^ Hehe...I think those big big eyes are gonna look cute for some time to come...^^

Vicki and QY always had a good relationship, it's just the papers making stuff up about them not getting along. It was because Vicki chose to leave QY's company that the rumours started, but Vicki just didn't want to be tied down, and QY was alright in letting her leave...*sigh* you know how the papers are...
    smile!^_^

Some thing to share!

translated by Teddy
    from http://forums.cinple.net/vickizhao

Vicki's on her role as Yao Mulan in Moment in Peking (filmng end on Feb 28, 2005)

===
    WHEN VICKI ZHAO WEI ENCOUNTERS YAO MULAN

CCTV International Interview - February 22, 2005

Vicki: I feel after watching my portrayal as Yao Mulan, I am sure everyone will ask why I play such a person. In general, I donĄ¯t like to act in repeated roles. I donĄ¯t know whether itĄ¯s good or bad. I like this type of characters ¨C gentle, generous, elegant, knowledgeable and courteous. However, this type of person resembles a good movie dialogue ¨C wishful yet unattainable. She is a particularly outstanding person in the eyes of many. However, to others, she is far from being refined.

Report: Why is it so?

Vicki: Because she doesnĄ¯t have much imperfection, not much weaknesses either. On the contrary, she might be relatively more approachable by being imperfect and weak. I used to play the roles of the expressive and active types. It ok for me to act inexpressive this time around. She is not a loquacious person. It is quite frequent and necessary for TV shows to rely on dialogues as a supplement to communicate oneĄ¯s thoughts and to reveal oneĄ¯s personality. However, the role of Yao Mulan is not the jumpy type. People around her are more rowdy. I used to portray the rambunctious types. Now, I take on the opposite roles. Others turn wild and run amok. I just listen accordingly. Whatever one canĄ¯t think of, she can. At this time, I cannot inject any imperfection into her. If there is a slight imperfection in her, I will feel a bit of less determination and will become relatively mellow. Actually, she is really mellow. Quite frequently, she should have accomplished things her way, but for the sake of othersĄ¯ feelings, she would give in. Ultimately, I have to add on her some characteristics.

Reporter: What characteristics did you feel you have added?

Vicki: I added more vitality to the role (Yao Mulan). Although she meets with much misfortune, she is still optimistic. It doesnĄ¯t matter if her husband doesnĄ¯t love her. She will try her best to be lovable. She will convince others with her ethics. I hope with the depth of my acting skill and enthusiasm, I can accomplish what I need to do. I feel that for someone who is against rules and regulations, rebellious and disobedient to take on the role of being well behaved, obedient and traditional, this is indeed on two extremes. There are times it feels like a drag, but I am not complaining. It is quite OK. You just have to be patient looking from a different angle. Sometimes, one wonders where a dialogue is leading. Nonetheless, this role would not be adorable in real life. However, she becomes very attractive in movies, just like the roles in HZGG and QSSYMM. Yao Mulan, in effect, boasts the soft traditional style and strong ethics. I personally think there are imperfections. In other words, being overly perfect is a huge imperfection. Audience often remembers the roles because of the imperfections. It can be difficult to remember them because these roles are hard to come by and thus unfamiliar. However, This type of roles merits its own audience, just as the roles I used to take on. Some like this role I am in and others have their own preferences. I feel the role I play now is for another type of audience to accept. This role is quite modest and courteous. Perhaps, part of the male audience might like it, because she is not rambunctious.

====

Bonus pictures of Vicki and Huang YiDa
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bbs6.netease.com/ent_upimage/200502/1108594420.jpg')
    he pen Gradaully for her
    Last edited by bio; 02-26-05 at 01:49 AM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by yogurtpo3
    Yayy!!! I finally got HZGG 1 and 2 DVDs!!! I am so estactic...I'm like over the moon right now!!!

OMG!!!! yogurt!! are you serious about having dvd for HZGG 1 and 2??!!! omigosh! i wanna have it! i wanna have it!!!!! when is it out anyway?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

HZGG DVDs have been out for a while!! Where have you been ghost? Too busy haunting innocent victims huh???

In yesasia.com, if you look up "Vicki Zhao" you should be able to find the special DVD double package for US$88.90...^^
    smile!^_^

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

really??? man, im so bummed...i think im gonna fly now.....ehhhmm, which video store should i start with...hmmm..
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Has anyone visited this website? It has some pretty cool fan made video clips of Vicki. I especially like the second one for ohhj http://schoolofzhaowei.dimxn.com/ It brings back such good memories.

Vicki's character in Moment in Peking sounds so complex. Can't wait to see it. How old is she supposed to be in here?

Vicki's character in Moment in Peking sounds so complex. Can't wait to see it. How old is she supposed to be in here?
    For Moment in Peking, her character goes from 18 to late 40s.
    Last edited by bio; 02-27-05 at 03:29 PM.