Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: List of Characters' MA Skills

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Zhang WuJi

- Basic Wudang Martial Arts foundation

Well, at Fire Island, Wu Ji didn't learn any m.a. from his parents because they didn't want to meddle up with Xie Xun's lessons.
    Probably he learned Wudang m.a. as he was at Wudang (at the time of his illness)? But I don't remember that it was explicitly stated in the book that he learned Wudang basic skills. He never was a formal Wudang disciple.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword

curious note: i did a little reading elsewhere and found out that zhang sanfeng became a taoist under qiu quji of quezhen and wudangs taoist philosphy came from quezhen. since zhang sanfeng created most of his martial arts from his taoist learnings there's a strong connection between wudand and quezhen(white cloud monstrey). point, due to the fact that ZSF was a runaway from shaolin, it's logical that he didn't learn any martial arts from QZ but possible he learned some basic neigong cultivation like guo jing did as that's actually considered part of their taoist cultivation then martial arts. also it was stated in the hsds that he started to create his martial arts before he became a priest. so 9yang with comprehenshion obtained from studying nature led to his early created skills and QZ taoist philosphy led to eventually creation of taji quan. what you thank, possible?

You are doing something nonsensical, you are mixing up the fictive data about ZSF in JY's works with the historical data about ZSF(s).

1. ZSF as founder of Wudang is only legend, no historical proof.
    2. JY merged three persons which 'more or less' existed (three ZSF's) into one ZSF in his novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin

Duan Yu

- Ling Bo Wei Bu
    - Bei Ming Shen Gong
    - Liu Mai Shen Jian
    - Immunity to poisons from the toad/centipede
    - 30 Years of Xiao Yao Pai inner power cultivation of Jiu MouZhi

[

- I agree with Han Solo (?) who said that DY doesn't know Bei Ming SG

- It was IIRC not explicitly stated that the neigong DY got/absorbed from JMZ is Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. Although JMZ used XWXG in the fight at Shaolin and Tian Long Shi, IIRC he also had his 'native' Tibetan martial arts, so he must have a native neigong too.

- DY absorbed more neigong:
    from the white-browed monk: about 40 years worth
    from the 6 disciples of that monk: about 70 years worth
    from the adversary of that monk: about 40 years worth

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    Well, at Fire Island, Wu Ji didn't learn any m.a. from his parents because they didn't want to meddle up with Xie Xun's lessons.
    Probably he learned Wudang m.a. as he was at Wudang (at the time of his illness)? But I don't remember that it was explicitly stated in the book that he learned Wudang basic skills. He never was a formal Wudang disciple.
    Chapter 16 Page 635, Line 12 (2nd Edition)

Zhang Wuji’s genuine practice of fist techniques were only with his father on the wooden raft where he taught and explained the 32 forms of [Wudang Long Fist].

- I agree with Han Solo (?) who said that DY doesn't know Bei Ming SG

- It was IIRC not explicitly stated that the neigong DY got/absorbed from JMZ is Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. Although JMZ used XWXG in the fight at Shaolin and Tian Long Shi, IIRC he also had his 'native' Tibetan martial arts, so he must have a native neigong too.

- DY absorbed more neigong:
    If I'm not mistakened, DY never sucked dry anybody's inner energy besides Wu Liang Jian's 7th Disciple, JMZ and Wang Yu Yan(close to zero in fact). If something like that ever happened, his inner energy would be superior to Xu Zhu's.

Sometimes I wonder about the origins of the Beggar Union's Dog Beating Stick Technique. Were its creators really pestered daily by dogs so much that they had to create a technique just to beat them away? I can imagine beggars and dogs being rivals as they scurry after discarded scraps of food on the streets of antiquity. What a humbling way to picture the martial ancestors of Qiao Feng!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    If I'm not mistakened, DY never sucked dry anybody's inner energy besides Wu Liang Jian's 7th Disciple, JMZ and Wang Yu Yan (close to zero in fact). If something like that ever happened, his inner energy would be superior to Xu Zhu's.

I think you only watch the Mainland adaptation of TLBB.

From TLBB 1st edition:

- DY absorbed neigong:

from JiuMoZhi about 40 years worth

A total about 190 years worth

But Xu Zhu absorbed more neigong:
    About 220 years worth from the three XYP elders.

I think you only watch the Mainland adaptation of TLBB.

From TLBB 1st edition:

- DY absorbed neigong:

from JiuMoZhi about 40 years worth

A total about 190 years worth

But Xu Zhu absorbed more neigong:
    About 220 years worth from the three XYP elders.
    Duan Yu didn't completely suck them dry. He only did it to JMZ.

DGSD Chapter 10 Paragraph 67 (2nd Edition)

…Earlier on Duan Yu assimilated Wu Liang Jian Sect’s 7th Disciple’s entire nei li, later on were portions accumulated from DYX, Yellow-Browed Monk, Ye Er Liang, Divine Croc, Yun Zhong He, Zhong Wan Chou and the Cui Bo Quan Du experts. Today he gained minor extracts from Duan folks 5 experts Bau Ding Di, Ben Guan, Ben Xiang, Ben Yin, Ben Can…
    …after this point I believe his leeching ways continued during the 2nd half of the story. Capturing JMZ’s giant nei li and his beloved Wang Yu Yan’s baby nei li inside the well. And I can recall him stealing more from one of TSTL’s slave (the one who mistakened his BMSG to be Hua Gong Da Fa). You can record these down Temujin as you wish.
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 03-24-05 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Sometimes I wonder about the origins of the Beggar Union's Dog Beating Stick Technique. Were its creators really pestered daily by dogs so much that they had to create a technique just to beat them away? I can imagine beggars and dogs being rivals as they scurry after discarded scraps of food on the streets of antiquity. What a humbling way to picture the martial ancestors of Qiao Feng!
    Hence, an absence of dogs in the novels. And ironic in the sense that they don’t associate their lifestyles with dogs as opposed with society‘s paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    …after this point I believe his leeching ways continued during the 2nd half of the story. Capturing JMZ’s giant nei li and his beloved Wang Yu Yan’s baby nei li inside the well. And I can recall him stealing more from one of TSTL’s slave (the one who mistakened his BMSG to be Hua Gong Da Fa). You can record these down Temujin as you wish.
    Despite leeching bits from so many people, I don't think his inner strength was really that strong until he absorbed JMZ. After all, MRF could still hold him down with 1 leg at Shaolin.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Despite leeching bits from so many people, I don't think his inner strength was really that strong until he absorbed JMZ. After all, MRF could still hold him down with 1 leg at Shaolin.

Is that a question of how much neigong or (what I believe more) a question of not been able of controlling one's own neigong? Btw, in the whole book I can't remember it was mentioned that DY is capable of controlling/regulating his own neigong properly. He also didn't absorb JMZ's neigong purposely, thus showing he can't control his neigong.
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 03-31-05 at 12:18 PM.

Yep, he went as far as asking XF for help with that.

Qiu Qian Ren/Ci'en
    Iron Palms (did he know anything else?)
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 06-21-05 at 02:09 PM.

I can't remember it was mentioned that DY is capable of controlling/regulating his own neigong properly. He also didn't absorb JMZ's neigong purposely, thus showing he can't control his neigong.
    That was _hinted_ at rather strongly in chapter 49 though, when he took the sabre from Ah Zi to hack off Xiao Feng's chains.

OT: What is the best (strongest, most powerful) martial arts in wuxia fiction? Yijinjing? DFBB's skill (can't remember the name, the one that involves needles and castration)? HL18Z? 6MSJ? The combination of 9Yin and 9Yang is a pretty big deal too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    OT: What is the best (strongest, most powerful) martial arts in wuxia fiction? Yijinjing? DFBB's skill (can't remember the name, the one that involves needles and castration)? HL18Z? 6MSJ? The combination of 9Yin and 9Yang is a pretty big deal too, right?
    It's whatever the Janitor Monk in DGSD used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's whatever the Janitor Monk in DGSD used.
    Could that be Shaolin's Complete set of 72 Jue Ji?

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    Could that be Shaolin's Complete set of 72 Jue Ji?
    I believe it was enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    That was _hinted_ at rather strongly in chapter 49 though, when he took the sabre from Ah Zi to hack off Xiao Feng's chains.
    If 6MSJ truly was like a sword, why didn't he use that to hack off Xiao Feng's chains?