Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crossover Universe Extravaganza!

I guess it depends on how the game/anime is interpreted.

In the anime, Ryu's fireball shoots further then Xiao Feng's 150 foot LDA and can blast mighty big holes. But if we use the one from (e.g. World Warrior), even the Gong Nam 7 Freaks can beat him (1 second freeze after slow moving fireball!).

Just going by general impression and gut feeling. I think GJ should beat Ryu and Akuma might actually beat or draw with XF.

Well if you go canon wise, in street fighter Akuma once sank an island with his punch, plus he walked on the ocean floor without dying. That's more than any damage any wuxia fighter can do, and resisting ocean floor pressure is more than any wuxia fighter can give. Akuma winds hands down.

It's hard to rank the DBZ stuff though cause all they have is really really super powerful energy blasts, while in other canons like Sun Wukong they have pure magic--which can just turn him into a jelly bean. You really can't defend against that, and the show never shows his magic resistance, nor would it be logical for him to train against resisting magic since magic really doesn't exist in Goku's universe, just qi blasts.

And Galactus will own him on a second thought, since he literally has infinite energy. When Galactus was finally killed, he turned into pure energy that would radiate forever unstoppably. Consider how he gave only a small fraction of his power to the Silver Surfer, and he alone was already able to destroy every civilization that ever existed. The most advanced space empires for millions of years couldn't withstand someone who has a SMALL fraction of his power. He is probably on par with The Beyonder, who is able to destroy galaxies with a simple thought, without even straining and constipating for a few minutes while summoning a qi blast like Goku would have to.

Xiao Feng has better techniques than Akuma, and going by the game, XF is much faster.

However, Akuma isn't even human anymore. He's a been so consumed by evil that he's like a demon. Judging by his dark skin tone (tanned from the fires of hades says some SF fluff magazine) and his move, the Raging Demon, Akuma is more than a match for XF. Strangely, he's been beaten by Ryu...???

Quote Originally Posted by Homura
    Xiao Feng has better techniques than Akuma, and going by the game, XF is much faster.

However, Akuma isn't even human anymore. He's a been so consumed by evil that he's like a demon. Judging by his dark skin tone (tanned from the fires of hades says some SF fluff magazine) and his move, the Raging Demon, Akuma is more than a match for XF. Strangely, he's been beaten by Ryu...???
    I think in the canon storyline he was not beaten by Ryu. Or the version that was defeated was not Shin Guoki.

Youre probably right. I've been reading some comics from HK and the story there is pretty fantastic.

Some of the fighters are so powerful that they can bend reality. Ryu and Ken have both unlocked the power of Dark Shotokan (so their skin turn dark also). Akuma has attained a level so powerful he is now insane. Gill is the main badass mofo in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Condor
    Um, have you ever read JttW? Wu Kong learned that magic thing that makes his body indestructable (unless he purposely allows it to be taken apart). So, again, no, Wu Kong cannot be turned into powder by Goku.

Uh, no. See if Wu Kong flies into Goku's body and starts expanding, causing his body to explode, Goku won't have a body to fight with anymore. So just because he exists in the 'afterlife' and is just as powerful, he can't fight Wu Kong anymore.

I don't see what your getting at here. Wu Kong = immortal. Goku = not immortal. But you're saying that since Goku is just as strong as he is when he's in the afterlife, he could still fight Wu Kong. (what?) If Goku is in his 'dead' state, he could still get his body destroyed anyways. (then he'd be a cloud)
    When they were worried that Freeza would gain immortality from the dragon balls, Goku never said "Oh don't worry, I'm just as strong as I am in the afterlife." because it's irrelevant.

When Goku returned to earth and fought against Fat Buu, he had a certain limit as to how much power he could use, remember? He had to return to heaven when that ran out/or after 24 hours. Then that purple guy gave him his life later.

Okay, that's Goku + Vegeta flying into Buu's stomach, causing him to feel pain and turn into evil Buu. Wu Kong would just expand and destroy Goku. Goku can't defend against that. You completely ignored this point.

I'm not sure how Goku would defend against Wu Kong's other magic either. Wu Kong could turn just Goku into a jelly bean (Buu style) and step on him..
    Well, I haven't read JTTW. I've just seen the nuermous tv serials. I know that Wu Kong's body was indestructable, but I didn't think it was inseperable. I assumed that Wu Kong's body can turn into powder, but I aslo assumed that like Buu, he can somehow merge it back.

Actually, after his death, I would consider Goku as an immortal too and what you failed to realized is that you're putting limitations on where they can fight. IE. Earth! Ignore those limitations that are restricted to a certain place. We are not comparing fighters here in places where they can or can't fight. We are comparing fighters where and when they would be at the most powerful. Yes, Goku would cease to exist if he continued to fight in SSJ 3 form on earth against Buu, but back in the other world, he would've been fine.

And who saids Goku can't exist anymore after Wu Kong destroys his body. Goku can exist even if his body (in the afterlife) is destroyed. He's already dead and if you've seen GT (I guess not really Toriyama's work), both Cell and Freeza were getting their bodies desimated by Goku, yet they kept coming back cause they're already dead.

I did not ignore the fact that Goku would not be able to defend against Wu Kong going into his stomach. True, Goku's body would be destroyed, but so what, he's already dead (let's assume). Like Freeza and Cell, he'll just spawn a new body. I guess neither Goku or Wu Kong would be able to destroy each other to the state of non-existence, but what I'm getting at here is who's more powerful and to me, I don't see Wu Kong destroying a galaxy with a single blast or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Galactus has the power to destroy the whole universe with his weapon.
    Goku has destructive power but is constrained by his goal of saving the universe.

Both can teleport. Thus teleporting Galactus like he did Cell, would be pretty useless.

Galactus has psionic powers, Goku has none.

Galactus has immeasurable strength, intelligence & durability. He is pretty much omniscient.

Galactus can best the celestials who view gods as nothing. Goku's existence after death seems to depend on the power of gods.

They do however, both share a weakness - hunger! Goku's is easier to satisfy.
    Is that why the Beyonder whooped his arse in the Secret Wars??? Anyway, I did not know that Galactus had a weapon capable of destroying the entire universe, but if it's a weapon, then it should not be counted as part of his fighting/magical abilities.

Actually, Goku was far more powerful than any god in the DBZ universe (before or after his death). The most powerful of the Kaoshins (the most powerful god that ever existed in the DBZ universe) was swallowed bu Fat Buu and Goku was way more powerful than Fat Buu (if he uses his spirit bomb thing though that'll take a long time. hmm...). Without the spirit bomb, he's still either on par of more powerful than Fat Buu (in SSJ 3 form). Then again, if you want to count DBGT, he's definitely more powerful than any type of Buu thrown at him cause he was in SSJ4 form.

I'm not denying how powerful Galactus is, but I'm just saying Goku is even more so. Then again, I wouldn't compare Goku to The Beyonder, whom I think is way more powerful than Goku. Anyway, if Galactus's weapon is not something that he invented or found and is a part of him (like DY's 6MSJ), via training, then I would consider Galactus as the more powerful of the two. However, if Galactus weapon is just like you say, a weapon, then I would consider him weaker than Goku. Remember, you can't use weapons and count it as part of the figther's arsenal. If that were the case, then I'm way more powerful than any triology great for I can just shoot them with my machine gun.

A quote from Paul McNeil on the Beyonder's powers vs Galactus in the Secret Wars.

"The Beyonder plainly set the ground rules for this competition: "Slay your enemies, and all you desire is yours". Galactus, who was not amused at being kidnapped, confronted the Beyonder. Galactus had been, until that point, the most powerful cosmic being in the Marvel Universe and was batted aside effortlessly by the Beyonder. The heroes and villains, intimidated by Galactus' defeat, began to play the Beyonder's little game. Dr. Doom, however, refused to play along and set his sights solely on the Beyonder's power itself. "

http://www.geocities.com/marvel80s/f...cret_wars.html

Default Kenshin vs. LHC

Who would win? Im leaning towards kenshin...

Actually, after his death, I would consider Goku as an immortal too and what you failed to realized is that you're putting limitations on where they can fight. IE. Earth! Ignore those limitations that are restricted to a certain place. We are not comparing fighters here in places where they can or can't fight. We are comparing fighters where and when they would be at the most powerful. Yes, Goku would cease to exist if he continued to fight in SSJ 3 form on earth against Buu, but back in the other world, he would've been fine.

And who saids Goku can't exist anymore after Wu Kong destroys his body. Goku can exist even if his body (in the afterlife) is destroyed. He's already dead and if you've seen GT (I guess not really Toriyama's work), both Cell and Freeza were getting their bodies desimated by Goku, yet they kept coming back cause they're already dead.

I did not ignore the fact that Goku would not be able to defend against Wu Kong going into his stomach. True, Goku's body would be destroyed, but so what, he's already dead (let's assume). Like Freeza and Cell, he'll just spawn a new body. I guess neither Goku or Wu Kong would be able to destroy each other to the state of non-existence, but what I'm getting at here is who's more powerful and to me, I don't see Wu Kong destroying a galaxy with a single blast or whatever.
    If you don't put a character's limitations into play and have every fight take place in the afterlife, no DBZ characters would ever win in a fight against other DBZ characters. Goku would never be able to 'defeat' the farmer with the shotgun because the farmer would keep coming back. So we should probably assume Goku is alive during this fight.

Respawning your body if you're dead only happened in GT and like you said, GT isn't Toriyama's work. I never watched that much of it, but it doesn't seem to abide by the rules that Toriyama set. In Z, it was stated that Goku was able to retain his body in the afterlife because of all his good deeds, then in GT, Cell and Freeza also had their bodies in the afterlife (what's up with that?)

Wu Kong could also just turn Goku into a chocolate bar, stick him in a jar and leave him there forever...
    Last edited by Divine Condor; 12-06-04 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Condor
    If you don't put a character's limitations into play and have every fight take place in the afterlife, no DBZ characters would ever win in a fight against other DBZ characters. Goku would never be able to 'defeat' the farmer with the shotgun because the farmer would keep coming back. So we should probably assume Goku is alive during this fight.

Respawning your body if you're dead only happened in GT and like you said, GT isn't Toriyama's work. I never watched that much of it, but it doesn't seem to abide by the rules that Toriyama set. In Z, it was stated that Goku was able to retain his body in the afterlife because of all his good deeds, then in GT, Cell and Freeza also had their bodies in the afterlife (what's up with that?)

Wu Kong could also just turn Goku into a chocolate bar, stick him in a jar and leave him there forever...
    Well, I always assume fighters at their peak, otherwise baby XF would get his *** kicked by YG.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about GT and I'm not sure if Goku could respawn his body back after it's been destroyed (if you abide by Toriyama's rules). Anyway, turning Goku into chocolate might not help either. Vegito was turned into chocolate and he still kicked Buu's behind. Then again, Vegito is more powerful than Goku (but not more powerful if Goku used the spirit bomb). If Vegito can still fight in chocolate form, then I don't see why Goku can't.

I don't put limitations on where they can fight, I just do it on when. Both fighters must be at their peaks so that we can best judge who's better. Anyway, I just can't see WuKong destroying a whole galaxy. I'm not sure if he's capable of destroying a whole planet. WuKong was also trapped by Buddha (then again, it's Buddha we're talking about) under a mountain for 500 years.

Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if you did good or not in your lifetime for DBZ, you'll still keep your body. Remember in DBZ Goku and Picon (I think that's his name) fought Freeza, Cell, and Ginyu force. It was only stated once in DBZ that you don't get to keep your body cause of all the killings you did and that was with Vegeta. However, that seems to be a contradiction cause all the other baddies (Freeza, Cell, Ginyu force, etc...) kept their bodies in the afterlife. None of them cease to not exist.

If you're comparing who's more capable of killing who, then Wu Kong would kill Goku, but only if Goku was alive. However, we're comparing who's more powerful of the two and to me, Goku is the more powerful one.

Quote Originally Posted by zhaozilong44
    Well, I always assume fighters at their peak, otherwise baby XF would get his *** kicked by YG.

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about GT and I'm not sure if Goku could respawn his body back after it's been destroyed (if you abide by Toriyama's rules). Anyway, turning Goku into chocolate might not help either. Vegito was turned into chocolate and he still kicked Buu's behind. Then again, Vegito is more powerful than Goku (but not more powerful if Goku used the spirit bomb). If Vegito can still fight in chocolate form, then I don't see why Goku can't.

I don't put limitations on where they can fight, I just do it on when. Both fighters must be at their peaks so that we can best judge who's better. Anyway, I just can't see WuKong destroying a whole galaxy. I'm not sure if he's capable of destroying a whole planet. WuKong was also trapped by Buddha (then again, it's Buddha we're talking about) under a mountain for 500 years.

Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if you did good or not in your lifetime for DBZ, you'll still keep your body. Remember in DBZ Goku and Picon (I think that's his name) fought Freeza, Cell, and Ginyu force. It was only stated once in DBZ that you don't get to keep your body cause of all the killings you did and that was with Vegeta. However, that seems to be a contradiction cause all the other baddies (Freeza, Cell, Ginyu force, etc...) kept their bodies in the afterlife. None of them cease to not exist.

If you're comparing who's more capable of killing who, then Wu Kong would kill Goku, but only if Goku was alive. However, we're comparing who's more powerful of the two and to me, Goku is the more powerful one.
    If you called being in the 'afterlife' the peak in DBZ and had the DBZ characters fight in the afterlife, Goku wouldn't be able to beat Raditz (going by GT's rules, he'd keep regenerating) Nobody would ever be able to win fights.

That whole afterworld tournament was filler. (never happened in the manga) Filler never makes any sense. Just like Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and Chaozu easily beating the crap out of the Ginyu force.

Only good guys keep their bodies in the afterlife and the body doesn't keep regenerating. So even if Goku was dead, he'd lose.

But we're talking about who would win in a fight, not who is more powerful. I can't picture Goku destroying a galaxy either (I don't think he'd kill all those innocents).

We don't really know if Wu Kong's capable of destroying a planet (he never really needed to destroy large parts of the planet..) , he easily destroyed mountains and created earthquakes and stuff though. Plus, he becomes a Buddha afterwords (too bad they didn't have Wu Kong show how strong he was at the end of the book..)
    Last edited by Divine Condor; 12-07-04 at 12:28 AM.

Umm...just for consideration, Wukong was able to make his magic stick big enough that it penetrated into the uppermost reaches of heaven....

That's a pretty big stick he could hit Goku with

Goku CANNOT kill Galactus. Galactus was a being from the previous universe, i.e. he survived the universe itself being destroyed. Unless Goku can destroy the universe with more power than it was destroyed before, then he cannot kill Galactus.

Oh and if we count Sun Wukong's big stick we can count Galactus's Ultimate Nullifier, which can destroy anything.

Yeah, weapons should be allowed. When there are Linghu Chong Vs. threads, he always gets his sword.

So Galactus should get his weapon and Wu Kong should get his stick. Goku can have his stick too (though I doubt it'll make a big difference)

Ok, I'm just stating who's more powerful and not really who's more capable of killing whom. Anyway, I wasn't that impressed with the power of Galactus cause I kept thinking that Beyonder made short work of him (then again, it's Beyonder). Anyway, LHC's stick and Wu Kong's weapons should be counted. What I meant by weapons not counting, I was pointing at certain weapons like guns, bombs, bazookas, etc... Anything that doesn't require much skill or training and is easy to operate shouldn't be counted. Galactus's weapon is not something like Wu Kong's or LHC's. At least it looks that way. If Wu Kong's weapon has a mind of it's own (and it does seem like that sometimes, then at those times, it too should not be counted). We are judging fighters solely base on their own skills. Whether it be sword skills, magic skills, cosmic skills, or pole skills, it doesn't matter for those skills need a lot of training in or acquistion of (like HJ's inner power).

I'm not sure about this whole afterlife thing in DBZ. I didn't really read the manga of so I don't have a clue. I just assumed that the Ginyu force did reach the afterlife just like Goku did. If that never happened, then forget about Goku being capable of existing after he's dead.

Anyway, I know that Goku would never destroy a galaxy, but I never said he would either. I just stated that he's "capable" of destroying a whole galaxy with one blast. If Freeza could make short work of Planet Vegeta without even trying, then Goku by the end of DBZ is surely to make short work of a galaxy without even trying.

I'm getting a bit tire of this thread so I think I might end it here. "might"...

Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of this too.

How about:

Linghu Chong Vs. Aragorn

or

Guo Jing Vs. Legolas (in Archery!)

I think we actually had a lengthy thread on Jin Yong vs LOTR in the past. I'll see if I can still find the thread.

EDIT: Well, I did a quick search on keywords "LOTR" and "Tolkien" but did not find the thread. I guess it must have been purged already. Too bad.
    Last edited by rabadi; 12-07-04 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    I think we actually had a lengthy thread on Jin Yong vs LOTR in the past. I'll see if I can still find the thread.

EDIT: Well, I did a quick search on keywords "LOTR" and "Tolkien" but did not find the thread. I guess it must have been purged already. Too bad.
    Found it.

http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5509

The search engine seems really weird after the forum changed layout...

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    Found it.

http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5509

The search engine seems really weird after the forum changed layout...
    Thanks! Actually this time the search engine is not at fault. The "Tolkien" was misspelled as "Tolkein" in the title of that thread.

I wonder how Himura Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu - Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki would do against some of the sword techniques of the chinese masters.

Bearing in mind of course that the author of Rurouni Kenshin describes Kenshins movements as being of 'God speed' and his Amakakeru Ryu move as being 'Beyond God speed'. He is also known as the 'Battousai' for mastering virtually all forms of the battoujutsu sword technique.

Kenshin's Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki is a formidable technique that has only been defeated twice (by Shogo Amakusa's own modified Amakakeru Ryu in some filler episodes in the anime, and the second time by Enishi's Wattoujutsu technique in the final issues of the manga). He has also mastered the Kuzu Ryu Sen, or the 9 Headed Dragon (an attack that simultaneously attacked from 9 separate directions at once, supposedly impossible to block except with a counter Kuzu Ryu Sen). He has various other moves, including 'ranged' attackes with sword qi such as the Ryu Tsui Sen.

So, how would he do against the wuxia heroes?

ROUND 5

Himura Kenshin vs your favourite wuxia swordsman.