Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    First, this is a free forum. People don't have the obligation to answer every question posted.
    Secondly, I remember your original post only has this question:-

Btw, being sarcastic is no way to ask for help.
    I'm sorry for my sarcasim, it's just that I see guys talking back and forth about this game, and it really sounds fun. And I've waited like a week to see a reply, and no reply. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was manly just trying to get it seen again, which worked .

But thank you very much for your help, I suppose I'm going to have some troubles working my way through this game but sounds great. Thanks again.

Additional info.

I dunno know whether all versions are the same or not. But my version is written in traditional chinese. e.g. they use 問 instead of 问.

So, u might need to find a dictionary that has tradition writing.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered this game, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornsloth
    Thanks guys for not taking two seconds out of your time to reply to my questions, I'm sure that with everything else you guys have you can't answer me even as to what language it's in.
    Sorry...thought someone else already answered it for you...

Like kidd said, the game is in Chinese characters. (Why would they use Pinyin? Pinyins are only the pronunciation alphabet. Sounds like "si" can have totally different meanings if you don't see the word. It's a pain reading Pinyin comparing to just symbols. The only games that might use Pinyin are probably the educational ones that teach children how to read and write)

Since this game is released in mainland also, you can get the simplified version, too. However, due to a glitch you won't be able to rename your character in the simplified version. You can always hack the game to change whatever you want, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Sorry...thought someone else already answered it for you...

Like kidd said, the game is in Chinese characters. (Why would they use Pinyin? Pinyins are only the pronunciation alphabet. Sounds like "si" can have totally different meanings if you don't see the word. It's a pain reading Pinyin comparing to just symbols. The only games that might use Pinyin are probably the educational ones that teach children how to read and write)

Since this game is released in mainland also, you can get the simplified version, too. However, due to a glitch you won't be able to rename your character in the simplified version. You can always hack the game to change whatever you want, though.
    Though I've always enjoyed chinese culture and entertainment, I know... nothing about the language. I possibly it was like Japanese, with, what is it romanji.
    But I figuered this would be a good way of forcing myself to learn at least a little.

Thanks again for your guys help.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    Next time you should be evil, this way you will fight different characters at the end. Including Hong 7 Gong, Zhou Buo Tong, and other "good" people. Its much harder, and much more fun
    When u go the evil route, what will happen when u go to give Yuan Cheng Zhi with the items he asked you to find? Will you have to fight with him to get the 'Bi Xue Jian' novel, or he will send you back to get more virtue points first? Initially, on the safe side, I try to get the items as soon as possible to give it to YCZ and then start doing stuff to decrease my virtue points. But I already have 650+ internal energy, but still can't pull out the Golden Snake Sword and my virtue points now is about 96 already.

I think you have to fight YCZ, and he won't join you afterwards. Pulling out Golden Snake Sword doesn't have to do with internal energy, but you have to have 70 something strength (without the help of a weapon).

I've done all I can. Picking fights with various sect, taking things without permission, inviting bad people like LPZ to join, but my virtual points still remain high. I manage to get to 88 pts, but dunno what else I have done, it suddenly gone back up to 90 pts and then 93 pts.

Swordwiz, how do u manage to go the evil route? Did you forgo taking XZ and learning the L/R technique? Also, u need to do some good things to get the novels, like 'Fei Hu Wai Juan', 'Shen Diao Xia Nu', 'Xiao Au Jiang Xu' and 'Yi Tian Tu Long Ji'. This will get u quite a lot of virtue points, right?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-26-05 at 12:39 AM.

How can I increase the weapon stat? Anyone know how?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-26-05 at 12:45 AM.

To people who has played the game countless times. Can u list down:-

1. Martial art that has hit many people at 1 time.
    2. Martial art with high damage points.

Here r my list from playing the game twice:

Martial art that has hit many people at 1 time

Square Area:
    - 9 Yang Shen Gong
    - Dugu 9 Jian
    - Pi Li Dao Fa
    - 7 Shang Quan
    - Tai Xuan Shen Gong
    - Long Xiang Ban Ruo Gong

Straight Line:
    - 6 Mai Shen Jian (reach the farthest)
    - Song Fen Jian Fa
    - Hui Feng Luo Yan Jian
    - Hui Yan Dao Fa

Martial art with high damage points

- Ye Qiu Quan
    - Pi Xie Jian Fa
    Last edited by kidd; 02-27-05 at 04:08 AM.

Just some off the top of my head:

Tai Shan 18 Pan - Hits prople in straight line in four directions
    HongLong 18 Palms - Powerful (1)
    Xuan Tie Jian Fa - Powerful (1)
    Da Muo Jian Fa - Straight line

And about being evil in the game, there are many quests with a evil route and a good route, such as the LOCH. It was a long time ago, but I remember having A Zhi in my party (Need to be very evil). And I remember this one time, where I was fighting the end game battle, and I died during the first (or was it second?) round of combat.

I just found a map of the whole game area! Will be re-uploading it in a second (Since it was off a Chinese website and thus will be very slow for people in the US). B.R.B.

P.S. Labels are in Chinese, but that shouldn't be a problem as if your playing this game you should know Chinese anyway.

Edit: Got it

http://img223.exs.cx/img223/7733/jyyxdt4ki.jpg
    Last edited by Swordwiz; 02-26-05 at 04:04 AM.

Oh, and check out this site:

http://www.jyqxz.8u8.com/

It is where I got the map from, and its a great site! (Even though the download links for the game doesn't work )

where might one get this game?

I had it mailed to me from my uncle in China, so I don't know of a place to buy it. But I think they were talking about that just a few days ago, so check the last few pages

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    Just some off the top of my head:

Tai Shan 18 Pan - Hits prople in straight line in four directions
    HongLong 18 Palms - Powerful (1)
    Xuan Tie Jian Fa - Powerful (1)
    Da Muo Jian Fa - Straight line

And about being evil in the game, there are many quests with a evil route and a good route, such as the LOCH. It was a long time ago, but I remember having A Zhi in my party (Need to be very evil). And I remember this one time, where I was fighting the end game battle, and I died during the first (or was it second?) round of combat.
    Will I still get the L/R technique if I kill 1 Deng? As far as I know, only 2 quests can go the evil route. 1 is killing 1 Deng instead of patching Ying Gu up with ZBT (LOCH). Another is blackmailing XF (DGSD). Any other?

I'm not sure about this one actually... since getting L/R requires to have Zhou Buo Tong happy... You might want to test it out, save right before you do the quest. If you can't get L/R, maybe you can do the quest the good way and still be evil enough at the end.

How can I get 'Si Sui Jing' (Marrow Cleaning Sutra)?

You should've checked that site I mentioned above

Anyway, from that site:

洗髓经:少林寺处,蒲团底下。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img231.exs.cx/img231/5063/x97xg.jpg')
    (Image also from http://www.jyqxz.8u8.com/)
    Last edited by Swordwiz; 02-27-05 at 05:00 AM.

This is so infuriating . I search this place countless time already, even try clicking the candles, but still can't find anything. How the hell is the player suppose to know that there are items below the brown seat (the sutra is the below the brown seat, right? Sorry, my chinese is not good, can't read this 蒲团 ). Does the player has to click every thing in sight?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-27-05 at 07:14 AM.